SKYFALL: FANS' REACTIONS - GUARANTEED SPOILERS

Comments

• And anyway despite my run ins i have the greatest respect for the mods too
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    craigrules wrote:
    And anyway despite my run ins i have the greatest respect for the mods too

If you haven't noticed, mods rhymes with gods. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    craigrules wrote:
    And anyway despite my run ins i have the greatest respect for the mods too

If you haven't noticed, mods rhymes with gods. ;)

lol that reminds me of a random forum I once visited. All the mods had "MODS = GODS" under their profile picture. :p

• well it does rhyme with sods too lol
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    craigrules wrote:
    well it does rhyme with sods too lol

Watch it ;-)
  • NicNac wrote:
    craigrules wrote:
    well it does rhyme with sods too lol

Watch it ;-)

i'm behaving lol
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,329
    Guys I'm not sure what's worse?
    The mindless bickering that has seemed to plague most threads since skyfalls release?
    Or the new found love for one another and arse kissing? Haha :-))

Ill have to get around to writing a review of skyfall soon .
    Never wrote one but wouldn't mind trying to add a few thoughts on my pros and cons from the film .
    Thanks for having me folks

I think, the problem is the three warnings system, that is applied to all, even though with some posters is obvious, it won't work. But it gives them a lot of time to annoy and cause trouble. If people show their true colors, the mods should react right away. Just saying and leaving this as one of my last posts, as the interesting part of this film is more or less over soon, even though we can hopefully REALLY celebrate a huge success.
    If all goes well, I will see you end of next year, when we start all over again. ;;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Germanlady, sorry to hear that so much has driven you away from these forums. Take care, and I look forward to your return next year!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, the problem is the three warnings system, that is applied to all, even though with some posters is obvious, it won't work. But it gives them a lot of time to annoy and cause trouble. If people show their true colors, the mods should react right away. Just saying and leaving this as one of my last posts, as the interesting part of this film is more or less over soon, even though we can hopefully REALLY celebrate a huge success.
    If all goes well, I will see you end of next year, when we start all over again. ;;)

And guess who has no strikes, but should be gone by now?

Aside, your presence will be missed. When members who misuse their membership like we have had lead you to leave, it depresses me deeply. How much further will we let them go before we're all gone?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Germanlady, sorry to hear that so much has driven you away from these forums. Take care, and I look forward to your return next year!

Creasy thanks, no nothing has driven me away. I can dish out but also take stick. As it should be.
    No, for me, what was interesting is coming to an end, that's all. ;)
    Germanlady wrote:

And guess who has no strikes, but should be gone by now?

Aside, your presence will be missed. When members who misuse their membership like we have had lead you to leave, it depresses me deeply. How much further will we let them go before we're all gone?

I won't lie, I've thought about it quite a few times. It's usually obvious when I debate leaving just by looking at the current comments in the highest bumped threads. My patience seems to dwindle every day, and I like to think that my sagacity is well intact to decide if/when it's time to depart.
    Like I said, I am not leaving because of that ( will post whatever interesting I find though) and nobody should. Just thinking, that the policy might need a workover, which leads to faster reactons, because bad behaviour always leads to imitators, who think, its cool to be like that and get all the attention, even if its negative. Plus it feels like they are getting away with it.

But I trust the mods to be smart enough to take care of issues in a way, that keeps the forum alive and kicking.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Like I said, I am not leaving because of that ( will post whatever interesting I find though) and nobody should. Just thinking, that the policy might need a workover, which leads to faster reactons, because bad behaviour always leads to imitators, who think, its cool to be like that and get all the attention, even if its negative. Plus it feels like they are getting away with it.

But I trust the mods to be smart enough to take care of issues in a way, that keeps the forum alive and kicking.

I, too, trust the mods with what they decide. Now, having more mods wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but I don't know how that would work or how mods are chosen.
    Its not so much about more mods, but about a faster reaction, when something is brought to their attention. This 3 warnings system is not flexible enough at times IMO and too slow, where it comes to trolls. For the sake of the whole, I believe, that 1 warning is more then enough for someone to understand, what is expected from him around here. If he doesn't go for it after that, a 2nd and 3rd won't change that, but will give him time to mess around.

Peace folks!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Germanlady wrote:
    Its not so much about more mods, but about a faster reaction, when something is brought to their attention. This 3 warnings system is not flexible enough at times IMO and too slow, where it comes to trolls. For the sake of the whole, I believe, that 1 warning is more then enough for someone to understand, what is expected from him around here. If he doesn't go for it after that, a 2nd and 3rd won't change that, but will give him time to mess around.

Peace folks!

I agree 100% with you. Just flagged yet another DTK comment referring to the masses who like SF as dumbed down. How many more do I have to flag before something is done, I don't know. Honestly, if I were not committed to the originals thread I would seriously consider leaving for some time. I'm so tired of people coming here just to complain and bicker and insult my intelligence in general.
  • Germanlady wrote:

Peace folks!

I agree 100% with you. Just flagged yet another DTK comment referring to the masses who like SF as dumbed down. How many more do I have to flag before something is done, I don't know. Honestly, if I were not committed to the originals thread I would seriously consider leaving for some time. I'm so tired of people coming here just to complain and bicker and insult my intelligence in general.

I feel exactly the same and i complained about the bile directed at me with no provocation at all
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Guys, things are being done and moved around behind the scenes but since this isn't a 24/7 job for us, you have to be patient. ;-) Thank you.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Guys, things are being done and moved around behind the scenes but since this isn't a 24/7 job for us, you have to be patient. ;-) Thank you.

That's what I tried to convey. I know this is most certainly not a 24/7 job for any of you - as I wouldn't expect it to be - so I apologize if I construed it in such a tone.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

That's what I tried to convey. I know this is most certainly not a 24/7 job for any of you - as I wouldn't expect it to be - so I apologize if I construed it in such a tone.

Same here. :)>-
    Creasy47 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Same here. :)>-

Me 4! :p
  • DCisared wrote:
    Guys I'm not sure what's worse?
    The mindless bickering that has seemed to plague most threads since skyfalls release?
    Or the new found love for one another and arse kissing? Haha :-))

Ill have to get around to writing a review of skyfall soon .
    Never wrote one but wouldn't mind trying to add a few thoughts on my pros and cons from the film .
    Thanks for having me folks

New in town sailor?
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:

Peace folks!

Is this really the reason? Or is it that you are a Craig fan first and a Bond fan second? I assume you'll be off to follow Dan's next adventure until he returns for Bond 24? This sounds like I'm attacking but I'm not, tonality in print is a hard thing to master.
    RC7 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Peace folks!

Is this really the reason? Or is it that you are a Craig fan first and a Bond fan second? I assume you'll be off to follow Dan's next adventure until he returns for Bond 24? This sounds like I'm attacking but I'm not, tonality in print is a hard thing to master.

Had you read my posts about this, you knew, that this is exactly the reason. I said, I am not slowing down, because of any bickering here. ;)
    Germanlady wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Peace folks!

Had you read my posts about this, you knew, that this is exactly the reason. I said, I am not slowing down, because of any bickering here. ;)

So when Dan's era is over, you are done here?
  • She said that once (could've changed her mind since).
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Come on, I never made a secret of it and why would I? Does that make me a bad Bond universe citizen? ;) And no, I didn't change my mind - for that, there is indeed too much unpleasant stuff going on for way too long. Like I said, I will continue posting stuff, that might be interesting and am looking forward to hopefully end of next year, when it all starts all over again.
    Now I don't know if this is the right section for the following. But the legendary RedLetterMedia has posted his review of Skyfall.

He is infamous/famous on Youtube and his Starwars Prequel reviews are simply amazing. Anyway follow the below link if you would like to see his review:

Please note his humour is hit and miss and not to everyone's taste.
    Grant wrote:
    Now I don't know if this is the right section for the following. But the legendary RedLetterMedia has posted his review of Skyfall.

He is infamous/famous on Youtube and his Starwars Prequel reviews are simply amazing. Anyway follow the below link if you would like to see his review:

Please note his humour is hit and miss and not to everyone's taste.

I loved this! I posted it on the "dissapointed Skyfall viewers thread" a few days ago. :)
    I was going to Murdock but he really isn't dissapointed :)