007 Legends Announced

Comments

How the hell did Activision F-BOMB this up so badly? They literally changed every great aspect of the films and made them completely unrelated to anything Bond with the characters being the only thing carrying any semblance of the franchise. A game for the fans my Bond-loving arse.

Simple its Activison they dont care about Bond fans or anything they just want $
    i mean they butchered Goldeneye into making it a Call of Dutyesque Game with Daniel Craig and a bunch of unkowns and now they butchered Goldfinger, OHMSS, Moonraker (i still cant believe they had the likeness of Holly Goodhead and changed it at the last moment to ugly short hair jinx model), Licence to Kill (they butchered that to the point of mediocrity and any true LTK fan will loathe it) and Die Another Day (story wise they improved it but left some mighty big plotholes in it)
  • Unlike Reloaded, this doesn't have the Goldeneye name. So it'll be a flop and hopefully they'll wake up and we'll start getting better games.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    How the hell did Activision F-BOMB this up so badly? They literally changed every great aspect of the films and made them completely unrelated to anything Bond with the characters being the only thing carrying any semblance of the franchise. A game for the fans my Bond-loving arse.

like i said earlier - it plays itself off as a cover band trying to impersonate the original.... the classic films - or more accurately, their "signature" moments are all intact, but everything around them (time and place) have been adjusted to modern times.. no 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s.. everything takes place in a contemporary setting - which throws you off instantly - because apparently Goldfinger's smelting plant, also doubles as a jet fighter plant as well (never explained)..

thats probably my biggest complaint - they made this big deal about creating this overarching story between all the missions from the films, but there isn't any.. you play 2 missions from one film, and then abruptly move on to the next, with no rhyme or reason - and it's all played off as Bond's life flashing before your eyes (as he drowns - from being shot in the SF opener)... a little more care could have, and should have gone into constructing a story... i don't personally care that they cherry picked specific scenes from the films and threw them into 1 game - but christ, at least make an attempt at a coherent story bridging them together - instead of awkwardly arranging them side by side..
  • I am going to play it today with some friends. A friend of mine has it. I now have really low expectations, let's see.
    Maybe the multiplayer is alright..

On a different note, started Everything or nothing yesterday....my god that was a good game. Granted, it's in Brosnan's Bond world and I really had to get used to it a bit since I love the Craig era so much and after watching Dr.No - Goldfinger, but still a great game and there is some realy love for Bond in it.
    I really hope Activision uses more time and money and gets the job done next time.
  • oo7oo7
    feels like the maps are too big to get a real choke point set up. I played some golden gun on the fort knox vault and as it has three tiers to it no one seemed to come after me when I took the goldengun
    seems counter productive to have culled the amount of people in matches then made the maps so big you can literally hide and not be found or so open that any old player will shoot you in the back when you are about to make a kill.
    still maybe not as bad as when you got caught in the glitch in bloodstone and would keep respawning two maps away from the objective!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My Activision comment was rhetorical, everyone.
  • I think I figured it out:

28852356.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    As Solid Snake once said, "A legend is nothing but fiction."
    So something I've been noticing/wondering. What is it about Activision not putting Bond traditions in these games? Perfect example, in the Goldfinger mission, Pussy asks "Who are you" and Bond just says "James Bond". And then later ANOTHER character introduces him as Bond, James Bond. Goldeneye Reloaded did this too and Blood Stone didn't have it at all. Is it Activision or Bruce Feirstein? I mean why go out of your way to not have things like that? Just puzzles me
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondbat007 wrote:
    So something I've been noticing/wondering. What is it about Activision not putting Bond traditions in these games? Perfect example, in the Goldfinger mission, Pussy asks "Who are you" and Bond just says "James Bond". And then later ANOTHER character introduces him as Bond, James Bond. Goldeneye Reloaded did this too and Blood Stone didn't have it at all. Is it Activision or Bruce Feirstein? I mean why go out of your way to not have things like that? Just puzzles me

Because it would make sense for them to put such iconic things into the video games they create of the Bond universe. Why would they bother doing something that makes sense?
    But was that Activision's doing or were they just adapting Feirstein's script?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would surmise it was Bruce's script. I just read an interview with him praising CoD. What a surprise.
  • I think it's a conscious decision by EON to hold off on it until Skyfall, to keep that moment "significant" etc.
  • oo7oo7
    with only two locations from the skyfall film being included and no skyfall maps for multiplayer i think its a rather bland inclusion
    seeing how far off the path hey went to retell 5 other films in 2 levels i think it will be a let down
    I think if activision had a pretty good engine such as the bloodstone one and ran with it by now we might have had a follow up to EoN, ie quality story, good and varied game play with a heavy longevity.
    with the high Multiplayer inclusion we end up with less gameplay. even this one does not seem to strive for much of a bond flavour to it, instead I find myself in team based games, little to no objective game types are being run, the heroes game type seems DEAD which amazes me, why buy a bond video game if you don't want to play as him online.
    to top all this off I am tired of those who have boosted right up to the top levels to get trophies, better guns and gadgets. every other lobby I get into outside of conflict or legends seems to be filled with people who are just trying to get the game over and done with.
    perhaps the weapons and loadouts from skyfall dlc will breath new life into this but by that time I expect alot of people to be done with the multiplayer and the only game types left runing are basic ones.
    why did they chop the amount of players included in game only to double the size of the map as well. I could not name another multiplayer game that let me run around for two minutes without even finding a person before.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well, I've watched a playthrough of the entire game sans Skyfall! but, It looks like a fun game. The music is nice and I like some of the things they have done. Die Another Day and Moonraker are the best missions from what I have watched. The Space Station level of Moonraker reminds me alot of the final level in Nightfire but bigger and more fun. I like Drax in this alot more than the movie too, He has more emotions. He reminds me of The Emperor from Star Wars with the whole Join me Bond towards the end.

Jaws was also quite frightening minus his grunting sounds. The boss fights are lame. It's the same Street Fighter style fight scheme all the time. The gadgets are a nice touch. It's not a perfect game but I'll buy it eventually. It felt rushed in some places but not all. I think most of the attention was focused on Moonraker and Goldfinger.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 127
    oo7 wrote:
    feels like the maps are too big to get a real choke point set up. I played some golden gun on the fort knox vault and as it has three tiers to it no one seemed to come after me when I took the goldengun
    seems counter productive to have culled the amount of people in matches then made the maps so big you can literally hide and not be found or so open that any old player will shoot you in the back when you are about to make a kill.
    still maybe not as bad as when you got caught in the glitch in bloodstone and would keep respawning two maps away from the objective!

Totally agree with this. Why on Earth did they go bigger maps combined with less players in game? Reloaded would have been the better game to go with less players and this one with more. So fricken dumb. These maps completely suck imo. They are either way too big or too small so it results in utter chaos. If they made the pace of the game faster (as in how fast you run) then the bigger maps would be better off. The small maps like refinery 1 & 2 were not well thought out...total fail. Have you tried Fast Forward with Cardio? That is what the moving speed should have been without attaching gadgets. This Multi Player is even more of a COD rip off wannabe and it fails so bad on so many levels. Lag is just out of control and the controls themselves are clunky and twitchy. Activision can hug a nut.
    How on earth do you do stalked eliminations xp challenge? I have the module enabled and I've taken down my share of baddies with and without a gun. Still the game says I have done 0 eliminations out of 10...

Anyway. Love the game. It's like what I expected. Not a great game and not a bad game. Warms my fan heart.
  • RC7RC7
    SharkBait wrote:
    Anyway. Love the game. It's like what I expected. Not a great game and not a bad game. Warms my fan heart.

You know how the mass media use selective quotes? This above statement will be shortened to...

'Love the game. Warms my fan heart' and placed on a PowerPoint for Activision's next pitch to EoN on how they should maintain the licence. You guys only have yourselves to blame if we get another Activision deal.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 9,771
    Bloodstone was really good if they can give us a game like that only longer then yes I am fine.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    Bloodstone was really good if they can give us a game like that only longer then yes I am fine.

It was their best effort. There are a lot of developers out there who would bring us something a hundred times better. We need a Bond game revolution.
    RC7 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

It was their best effort. There are a lot of developers out there who would bring us something a hundred times better. We need a Bond game revolution.

to do a Bond game right would be tough but possible Personally Since we will never get say Colonel Sun the movie I'd like them to Do Colonel Sun or Carte blanche or whatever the video game updating it Having Craig provide the voice and likeness and having Bruce Fernstien develop the script. THAT would be cool!

• RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

to do a Bond game right would be tough but possible Personally Since we will never get say Colonel Sun the movie I'd like them to Do Colonel Sun or Carte blanche or whatever the video game updating it Having Craig provide the voice and likeness and having Bruce Fernstien develop the script. THAT would be cool!

Or they just start from scratch. No Craig, no referencing a book or a movie. A 'game' Bond with an original story that encompasses Bondian elements and when I say this I mean the books as much as the films. I want a game that doesn't feature a single helicopter being taken down by a bloody rocket launcher. I thought L.A. Noire was one of the most immersive games of the last couple of years and that was primarily driving around interrogating people. Add a bit of Bond action to that and you're already doing better than Activision have ever done.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If only EA had made this game. It would have been the best game since Everything or Nothing and Nightfire. But they made there 007 Legends Villains Gallery in the form of GE: Rogue Agent. But the times have changed and I enjoyed watching the walkthrough for it.
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    Risico007 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

I totally agree .. we need those sort of ideas ..
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 503
    Just played it... pretty awful, although it was cool to see some of those characters, especially Jaws, in a rebooted environment. The "Jinx" from this game was a lot better than the original! :-))
  • I reckon Rocksteady would make a good Bond game! just saying Y
  • oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    JamesPage wrote:
    Two games next year.

where's game two?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    oo7 wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:
    Two games next year.

where's game two?

@JamesPage said the early plans got changed.
    Which makes me think Activision really doesn't know what to do with Bond titles anymore. If they ever did. They've gone on record saying how Eurocom's their "Bond developer" but I wonder if that will change with Legends bad reviews
  • oo7oo7
    Samuel001 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:
    Two games next year.

where's game two?

@JamesPage said the early plans got changed.

elaborate