007 Legends Announced

Comments

What do you mean, "and then what after that??" ? Connery's movie is the last one they have to announce, I don't think there's any more after that. Though I want Thunderball, I'm betting it'll be Goldfinger. I've gotta wonder about the weird order of the missions, though.

Moore
    Lazenby
    Dalton
    Brosnan
    Connery
    Craig (DLC)

What's up with that?

At the end of the video it says "only two missions left to reveal". We have all Bond missions but Sean's and know of the Skyfall mission DLC, so I ask what could the extra mission be??

Despite the fact that we know Skyfall is one of the missions, they probably feel as though they have to reveal it.

I also thought thats what they meant...they have skyfall and obviously goldfinger left to reveal
    every movie i wanted in this game is in it. I predicted Moonraker, OHMSS, DAD, LTK i expect us to hear a connery movie in this game too
  • oo7oo7
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,068
    SharkBait wrote:
    Looks like crap!

yeah ltk, seems like they merged the opening chase with the final chase. i look forward to unravelling this odd mess
    btw wheres the ppk, its a dlc exclusive now....??
    fjdinardo wrote:
    I hope they used a movie from each actor that played bond 6 films 6 actors.
    Me personally would love to see my favorite bond film from that actor to be in the game.

Sean Connery- Thunderball
    George Lazenby- On Her Majestys Secret Service
    Roger Moore- Moonraker
    Timothy Dalton- Licence to Kill
    Pierce Brosnan- Die Another Day (note: Die Another Day is not my favorite Brosnan Bond movie the world is not enough is. I put Die another Day cuz its the only Brosnan film not to be a game so i would like to see it in the Legends game)
    Daniel Craig- Skyfall
    five outta 6 isnt bad at all.

thunderball's not in it, it will be goldfinger
  • oo7 wrote:
    SharkBait wrote:
    Looks like crap!

yeah ltk, seems like they merged the opening chase with the final chase. i look forward to unravelling this odd mess

Do you mean the opening chase to TLD? 'Cause I could see that, with the jeep and all. But LTK's opening only had a plane chase.

• oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:
    SharkBait wrote:
    Looks like crap!

Do you mean the opening chase to TLD? 'Cause I could see that, with the jeep and all. But LTK's opening only had a plane chase.

yeah this is what I mean. it feels like those scenes are being merged. i highly doubt felex will meet with a shark

• oo7 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    SharkBait wrote:
    Looks like crap!

yeah this is what I mean. it feels like those scenes are being merged. i highly doubt felex will meet with a shark

Moment I saw the trailer, I also thought of the TLD opening chase! It's been suggested that Bond will be wanting revenge for Tracy's death instead of Felix in the game. But I just can't see that: Blofeld mixed up with drugs? That's just not like him.

• Maybe we'll get two Skyfall missions. I've heard Niomie Harris has been listed as doing voice work, so maybe the prologue of the game will be the Skyfall PTS, then pick up at Skyfall Lodge for the game finale (the DLC)
  • oo7oo7
    ive thought this might be the case, all the missions might be tied together by a overall story mission that resumes post skyfall?
    Im actually really excited for this game... especially for DAD
    I have no idea how they plan to tie in all six stories into one game storyline, I mean that's going to be a task worthy of praise for whoever comes up with a decent way of doing it!
  • 00Beast wrote:
    I have no idea how they plan to tie in all six stories into one game storyline, I mean that's going to be a task worthy of praise for whoever comes up with a decent way of doing it!

I'm pretty sure it's Bond falls into the water in the PTS of Skyfall and remembers his past missions.
    The choppers in MR and the ones in OHMSS have the same Drax logo. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The HD 720p video is now online...

• RC7RC7
    00Beast wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Bond falls into the water in the PTS of Skyfall and remembers his past missions.

But there would still have to be some method to the madness. Otherwise it's just 6 stand alone mini games.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Maybe there is not plot weaving the stories together. I can't see how Bond can imagine the missions of MR, OHMSS, LTK, DAD when those missions have not happened to the rebooted Bond. I think we're looking too much into this game, and that they are just 6 separate missions. I think it's going to be like the Resident Evil: Outbreak game where the player is dropped into a chapter, with not overall story arc.
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2012 Posts: 10,512
    Maybe there is not plot weaving the stories together. I can't see how Bond can imagine the missions of MR, OHMSS, LTK, DAD when those missions have not happened to the rebooted Bond. I think we're looking too much into this game, and that they are just 6 separate missions. I think it's going to be like the Resident Evil: Outbreak game where the player is dropped into a chapter, with not overall story arc.

No one is looking too much into it. It's just considered normal to have some kind of story arc with a game like this. I tend to agree that it'll be 6 stand alone games. Too many questions with this game for me, I need to play it.

However, the chopper in OHMSS does seem to feature DRAX branding so who knows.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RC7 wrote:
    No one is looking too much into it. It's just considered normal to have some kind of story arc with a game like this. I tend to agree that it'll be 6 stand alone games. Too many questions with this game for me, I need to play it.

However, the chopper in OHMSS does seem to feature DRAX branding so who knows.

I don't think so. I can't recall many games like 007 Legends. The only similar game I can remember having played (the RE game), didn't have a story linking the chapters together, like a conventional game.
  • RC7RC7
    Sorry I meant FPS in general. I got the impression that they would link these stories together beacuse of the line from Activision - The game, which is being developed to coincide with the fiftieth anniversary of the James Bond film franchise will incorporate the stories of six Bond films, retelling them with an over-arching narrative that ties them together
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Maybe there is not plot weaving the stories together.

I don't think there is. Here's what I think happens.

First level is the train scene from the SF trailer, then Eve shoots Bond and he falls into the water like in the trailer, or maybe it's just a cut scene and they don't have you play through it.

Then Bond just has flashbacks to different films, no story linking them together.

And I don't think Bond will get married or Felix will get eaten, or anything like that. I think it's just going to give us action scenes from the films to play through.

Anyway, then Bond wakes up, and for the DLC it flashes forward a bit to some SF action scene, probably the finale.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 3,277
    Have we noticed that Mrs. Giacinta Johnson is going to be in the game?

giacinta-johnson.jpg
    Cool... Hoping for the sword fight to be included:D
    DIE ANOTHER DAY

th_288877_384557664945385_1783376487_o.jpg th_414342_384557734945378_700563608_o.jpg th_459538_384557564945395_326717044_o.jpg

th_468580_384557611612057_506087724_o.jpg th_616289_384557524945399_1366453710_o.jpg

LICENCE TO KILL

th_277988_384557401612078_1491904119_o.jpg th_412931_384557094945442_1174893683_o.jpg th_467367_384557194945432_740663784_o.jpg

th_468436_384557238278761_1769819559_o.jpg th_620556_384557334945418_87584085_o.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Looks like they've made Jinx white? Weird.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Jinx is caucasian, Vanquish is DBS though with the same Gadgets, Jááág XKR = Lotus Esprit V8, and Pam is either a midget or she has a supersized Dirty Harry-like Magnum. I'm sorry to say that my hopes for this game are slowly going down.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,905
    LICENCE TO KILL
    th_277988_384557401612078_1491904119_o.jpg

That actually looks like Carey Lowell... shame really.
  • I'll give them credit, that does look like Pam. I wonder if Lowell is doing the voice? And I like how they have finally included gadgets that aren't stupid things like hacker phones.

But why is Jinx white? And why oh why did they KEEP the robocop suit? Like I said before, I think that's something they actually should have changed.

And what is Bond driving for LTK? I'm guessing he uses that for the tanker chase instead of jumping from the plane, and doesn't actually drive a tanker, just chases them and jumps on, then has a machine gun battle. Shame :((
  • I think it's just the lighting in that photo that makes Jinx look white, like Icarus makes the frozen lake look like a desert. If you look at the photo Marketto posted, she looks to be a light brown.
    Hmmm? Will be interested to see what gamer reaction is once it is released?
  • I think it's just the lighting in that photo that makes Jinx look white, like Icarus makes the frozen lake look like a desert. If you look at the photo Marketto posted, she looks to be a light brown.

Perhaps that is an early shot? She looks like Berry from behind walking into the ice palace. Strange Jinx is the only girl so far not to accurately resemble her film counterpart.

Perhaps Halle Berry refused/was to expensive and therefore making her look to similar would risk getting sued?
    Legends feels more and more like fan fiction. Some games I can put into the same continuation as the films. Some games like this are just more like fan fiction.

They bound to use Felix Leiter again in the films, and rebooted Bond hasn't married Tracy yet.