Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

1858687888991»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm a Debussy and Ravel person myself. I also dig Rachmaninov. But mostly Debussy.
    I think we need a classic music thread.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 12 Posts: 17,882
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I think we need a classic music thread.

I was just thinking that myself. And I agree Mozart is the best.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Nobody beats Beethoven and Bach.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Looks like if we had a classic music thread, we'd be fighting immediately. 😁 I appreciate Mozart but his music doesn't hold a candle to Debussy's symphonies IMO and yes, I know that's not exactly a popular opinion. 😇
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Looks like if we had a classic music thread, we'd be fighting immediately. 😁 I appreciate Mozart but his music doesn't hold a candle to Debussy's symphonies IMO and yes, I know that's not exactly a popular opinion. 😇

Well, the one is far more lively, the other far more low-key and balanced. For me DeBussy helps to fall asleep, whilst Mozart gives energy. As does, as I said before, Handel (even more so). I also like Dvorak and Bach and Beethoven, they all have their own style. Even Vivaldi I like, even though his music has worn a bit thin after beeing so popular for so long.

The problem is, the music can be performed in so may ways. I adore Handel's Watermusic, but find it done wrong so often, and when it is done wrong, I don't like it much.

Hold on to your thoughts everyone, I'll create a thread on the subject so as not to derail this one.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Nocturnes make me feel like a vampire, sat in candlelit isolation, brooding on distant memories and things long lost. Summat like that, anyhow!
    My car insurance rates with the same company have gone hiking up too far, with them now wanting more than a hundred extra dollars from my already overly expensive last monthly payment figure. I decided enough was enough and to switch, and sure enough with similar coverage I'm now going to be paying significantly less. Though it's financially stressful to have to switch because of paying for two insurances near the same time, and the uncertainties of what rates you'll get and the time + information it takes to transition, my advice from this experience to everyone is to always shop around regarding stuff like car insurance, internet, other monthly payments that keep going up on you. I've seen it before too where you'll get much better deals whenever you start fresh with someone else, and eventually you can jump ship again once the next one becomes outrageous. An unfortunate but necessary thing to save pennies in this rough economy.