Your Bond Collection

1565758596062»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    wdyNbey.jpeg
    Just found and bought this whilst on my travels today. Made me chuckle.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    That's great, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I do love a meerkat! 😀
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I said to the lady who served me I only thought Meerkats did soft toys. It actually looks pretty good on one of my shelves, the figurine is around 34cm in height.

I said to the lady who served me I only thought Meerkats did soft toys. It actually looks pretty good on one of my shelves, the figurine is around 34cm in height.

It's great. I wonder what it was made for? Is it connected to the Compare the Meerkat ads?

It's great. I wonder what it was made for? Is it connected to the Compare the Meerkat ads?

I am not sure whether it is official merchandise, it appears to be made of clay or light weight porcelain.
    Maybe it's merchandise for the ODEON movie theaters in the UK.

I am not sure whether it is official merchandise, it appears to be made of clay or light weight porcelain.

It's nice anyway. It's the sort of thing I'd pick up myself if I saw it for sale anywhere! :)
    Gerard wrote: »

Good point I vaguely remember the adverts the Meerkats did regarding cinema tickets?
    Gerard wrote: »

Good point I vaguely remember the adverts the Meerkats did regarding cinema tickets?

Ah, yes. I remember that ad campaign now. It could well be something to do with that.

It's nice anyway. It's the sort of thing I'd pick up myself if I saw it for sale anywhere! :)

Anything Bond related I see in a shop I move fast lol
    edited May 6 Posts: 17,921

Anything Bond related I see in a shop I move fast lol

Same here, unless I have it already. Sometimes even that doesn't stop me. ;)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    edited May 7 Posts: 3,125

Heh! I have a similar Bondian meerkat, but a bit smaller and chunkier. Also an aviator meerkat who looks like he's from the same model line as yours!

(I like meerkats and my family knows it.)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Here's a fun thing I picked up while staying with a friend and fellow Bond fan. Tankard commemorating the 2007 graduating class from a local college. They had 3 so we got one each!

GMXBMq_W8AAjtU6.jpg
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Heh! I have a similar Bondian meerkat, but a bit smaller and chunkier. Also an aviator meerkat who looks like he's from the same model line as yours!

(I like meerkats and my family knows it.)

I did see the one you have online and a Connery Meerkat in a white tuxedo.
    CA04250.jpg?20210309033344
    Got to love the hair.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Haven't posted any pics in ages. I've slowed down on the collecting to save a bit of $, mainly focusing on unfinished projects. A few things I don't think I've shown here yet:

53412033450_2e4312a36f_o.png
    Harold Strutter CIA wallet which he hands to Bond in the alley, and of course, his genuine Felix lighter. Signature made using parts of Lon Satton's autograph.

50628080591_680aaf8e23_o.png
    Burnt photo of Bond with the Oberhausers. Started with the complete photo and added all the damage later.

53701960630_f319468884_o.png
    Max Zorin's green Amex 'Classic', seen when Bond makes a carbon copy of Stacey's cheque. Details on the card reference Zorin/Walken's history, such as date of birth, and the year Zorin went to America. Highly detailed and embossed custom card made by Magnoli Props.

53413399302_0a97eceae3_o.png
    Bond's Gillette shaving cream, razor and mini homer seen on Goldfinger's jet. Took many years to get the can, and it has the same blue stamp on the lid as the one in the film.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Haven't posted any pics in ages. I've slowed down on the collecting to save a bit of $, mainly focusing on unfinished projects. A few things I don't think I've shown here yet:

53412033450_2e4312a36f_o.png
    Harold Strutter CIA wallet which he hands to Bond in the alley, and of course, his genuine Felix lighter. Signature made using parts of Lon Satton's autograph.

50628080591_680aaf8e23_o.png
    Burnt photo of Bond with the Oberhausers. Started with the complete photo and added all the damage later.

53701960630_f319468884_o.png
    Max Zorin's green Amex 'Classic', seen when Bond makes a carbon copy of Stacey's cheque. Details on the card reference Zorin/Walken's history, such as date of birth, and the year Zorin went to America. Highly detailed and embossed custom card made by Magnoli Props.

53413399302_0a97eceae3_o.png
    Bond's Gillette shaving cream, razor and mini homer seen on Goldfinger's jet. Took many years to get the can, and it has the same blue stamp on the lid as the one in the film.

Great job with the photo, that photo always cracks me up with the superimposed young DC.
    That's great isn't it? It's really young Danny boy there. Lea as a toddler can be seen on the notice board in Mr White's hidden room. I mean, many photos of the young Lea are on that notice board but adding the toddler pic was attention to detail.
    That's great isn't it? It's really young Danny boy there. Lea as a toddler can be seen on the notice board in Mr White's hidden room. I mean, many photos of the young Lea are on that notice board but adding the toddler pic was attention to detail.

Interesting I have not paid much attention to the items in that room previously, SP is not one of my favorites of the series, the attention to detail is commendable.
    This is the one here, in the stripey shirt. They would've done the same thing with the young Safin/Malek for NTTD.

51113278668_e20dd2e159_o.png
    This is the one here, in the stripey shirt. They would've done the same thing with the young Safin/Malek for NTTD.

51113278668_e20dd2e159_o.png

The actress they chose in NTTD does look a lot like younger Lea.