007 Legends Announced

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    oo7 wrote:
    yeah. its called goldeneye reloaded....
    ah im sorry

Thats actually quite a good gag.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    why you hate me? :((

It was a joke, c'mon, you're one of my friends on these forums.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I think he was joking too.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I think he was joking too.

I was assuming so, but just in case...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sonic the Hedgehog.

I know that, I was wondering if you were being genuine. Now I know.
    Sonic the Hedgehog.

What did you think I meant? Did you think I was just randomly saying "I hate blue hedgehogs"?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sonic the Hedgehog.

What did you think I meant? Did you think I was just randomly saying "I hate blue hedgehogs"?

No, I didn't know if you were insulting @X3MSonicX or not.
    Who would've thought a simple "hahahaha" could lead to all this confusion :)
  • oo7oo7
    the website locks up when i try to enter for the sweepstakes, rubbish
    Who would've thought a simple "hahahaha" could lead to all this confusion :)

Actually it was the "This is why I hate blue hedgehogs" that led to all the confusion. Though, truth be told, I was never really confused about whether or not X3MSonicX really thought I hated him, I just wasn't sure.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

xD i know it was, i was joking too ;)
    Must....resist....going....off....topic....

Nah, didn't work. No new info regarding the game. Sorry to disappoint those who came into this thread in hope of a new level being revealed, preview of the game or other nonsense like that. ;))
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    SharkBait wrote:
    Must....resist....going....off....topic....

Nah, didn't work. No new info regarding the game. Sorry to disappoint those who came into this thread in hope of a new level being revealed, preview of the game or other nonsense like that. ;))

Okay.png
  • oo7oo7
    info from the 007legends forums,
    007 LEGENDS GAME INFORMATION
    This question is Assumed Answered.
    007 Legends

Developer: Eurocom

Publisher: Activision

Players: 1 player

Platforms: PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

Release date: October 16, 2012

Single player:
    - The purpose of this game is to celebrate the half-century of James Bond films. It will also tie in with upcoming movie Skyfall.
    - The story begins with James Bond drifting semiconsciously in deep waters, flashing back to some of his past missions.
    - The campaign consists of six missions that are sourced from six Bond films, and which are connected by an overarching storyline. Older missions will be updated into the contemporary universe, most noticeably regarding the technology.
    - Missions so far announced are Moonraker, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Skyfall. Note that the Skyfall mission will be available as free DLC after the movie's release.
    - Each mission is split into several levels.
    - The game will run on the GoldenEye Reloaded engine.
    - You will control Daniel Craig's version of Bond throughout the campaign, in 1st-person.
    - There will be a greater focus on stealth-based gameplay, with enemy AI being more investigative.
    - There will be a new free-form melee function, with punches controlled by the analog sticks.
    - Gadgets will feature in this game. Two have been announced so far: the returning smart phone, which has new 'view modes' including an EMF mode that detects electrical wires, and a new pen that can fire four different types of dart including a distraction dart and a tranquillizer.
    - The campaign will feature an XP system. You can use XP to unlock and/or upgrade weapons, gadgets and Bond's physical abilities.
    - There will be a vehicular level in each of the missions. Players will be able to navigate the vehicle or take a guided course and focus on weapons.
    - Characters in this game will include Dr Holly Goodhead, Hugo Drax, Jaws, Tracy Vicenzo, Marc- Ange Draco and Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
    - MI6 Ops is returning. As with before, missions will be based on assault, elimination, stealth and defence objectives, with adjustable enemy AI. Your scores will be uploaded onto online leader boards. New to this mode will be the option to play special missions for some of the villains and companions.

Multiplayer:
    - 4-player split-screen will be available for offline play.
    - Online play will have the capacity for up to 12 players in a match.
    - You will be able to control characters that appear in the Single Player.
    - Some locations from the Single Player will serve as maps.

Other information:
    - The release date of October 16 might only apply to North America; other regions may have later release dates.
    - Some actors from the original films are lending their voices to their associated characters.
    - Bruce Feirstein, screenwriter of GoldenEye, is involved with the writing of the story.
    - 2-player co-op has not been ruled out yet.
    - There is apparently an advanced function for peeking while in cover.
    - It appears that QTE will feature in the game.
    - There are reports that one of the gadgets is a radar watch that can map nearby enemies.
    - No confirmation has been made about a Nintendo release, though there are suggestions of a Wii U version.
    - There is also no confirmation about PS Move sharp shooter returning
    - A "Get in the Game" competition, which gave aspirants the opportunity to appear as a villain in the game, ran from May 1 to May 22. Three finalists were briefly shown on the website along with voting options. It appears that this vote was not final.

• edited July 2012 Posts: 774
    oo7 wrote:
    - The story begins with James Bond drifting semiconsciously in deep waters, flashing back to some of his past missions.
    Ties into Skyfall with Bond's 'death' in the PTS

So that's how they're going to explain, diegetically, Craig as Bond in all the missions.
  • oo7oo7
    diegetically, do you fear for the soundtrack?
    Well I imagine it will play out like this
    Hitman Contracts
    oo7 wrote:
    Hitman Contracts

Diegetically, as in 'within the narrative of the game'.
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Volante wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    Hitman Contracts

at what point did i fail to make a sound diegetics joke or answer your question.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 774
    oo7 wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    Hitman Contracts

at what point did i fail to make a sound diegetics joke or answer your question.

My mistake, I misunderstood.
  • oo7oo7
    Volante wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    Hitman Contracts

My mistake, I misunderstood.

no problem, just glad we straightened our narrative out
    shouldn't we be getting info on a new mission soon?
    Risico007 wrote:
    shouldn't we be getting info on a new mission soon?

We should be, but that doesn't mean we will be.
    Good point. I hope Bond doesn't really dies in the game.
    After he remembers his 6 missions i guess they'll get back with a new mission.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 43
    Daniel Craig, Rory Kinnear, Naomie Harris, Richard Kiel and Michael Lonsdale confirmed to be in the game, read about it here-http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12409-Daniel-Craig-and-More-Lending-Voice-Talent-to-007-Legends.html
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good but no surprise. At least that's confirmed. Now to find Activision's announcement.
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Michael Lonsdale voice was in the bloody trailer, jaws likeness was in the trailer. daniel craig has been signed up since day one to do games.
    how is this news. Lee Bradley doing a bit of padding as usual on a slow day
    "Jaws, by the way, only ever had one line of dialogue, despite appearing in three Bond films. So yeah."
    solid source...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    oo7 wrote:
    Michael Lonsdale voice was in the bloody trailer, jaws likeness was in the trailer. daniel craig has been signed up since day one to do games.
    how is this news. Lee Bradley doing a bit of padding as usual on a slow day

I really haven't followed the game other than the videos released thus far and a tad bit of news, so a good majority of the aforementioned news that was posted was 'new' to me.
  • oo7oo7
    Yeah but like I said there likeness visual and audio were both featured in the trailer released a month or so back. a more interesting piece might be who blofield is being played by. or indeed if diana rigg was going to do some vo as I don't think she appeared to speak in the trailer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @oo7, ahh, that's why. I was speaking of the gameplay news that was released in full, not about their likenesses. Stuff like Jaws being in the game was definitely obvious.
    Yeah, true Samuel. We knew that Daniel was in it, Rory Kinnear has been Tanner in Bloodstone and GE:Reloaded, so he's no surprise, and then we saw Jaws and Drax-be interesting to see if they add their voices to it. Drax speaks in the Moonraker trailer, but it doesn't sound very 'Lonsdale-esque', Lonsdale sounds much the same now (at least he did in Munich) than he did in MR. Nice to see Harris being confirmed, but with us getting a Skyfall mission as DLC that was maybe a no-brainer...