The Next Bond Actor Will Be Younger Than Me

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    The next Bond actor will be the eigth to drive a faster car than me.

You still haven't given up on that 1886 three-wheeled Benz, haven't you? 😉
    The next Bond actor will be cheaper than me.
    I think I’ll actually be about the same age as the next actor to play Bond, so that’ll be a first for me. Unless they want someone in their late 20s or early 30s (I’m in my mid-30s), then I’ll be older than Bond too. He could be about 2 or 3 years younger I suppose. That would mean the next Bond will have been born in the early 90’s! :-O

I'm guessing the next actor to play the part will likely be in his mid 30s. Possibly 35-37 years old.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The next Bond actor will be on the minimum wage. Come on, Babs needs something to herself!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

If I had a three-wheeled 1886 Benz, I would personally buy the necessary fuel at the nearest pharmacy as Berta Benz did. But since I don't have one, I'll settle for more common vehicles.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

If I had a three-wheeled 1886 Benz, I would personally buy the necessary fuel at the nearest pharmacy as Berta Benz did. But since I don't have one, I'll settle for more common vehicles.

A car like that would drive you round the Benz.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    But would you drive a car like that? Eh, Benz? Tell us.

Benz-Stripe-Suit-5.jpg
    The LAST Bond actor — Daniel Craig — is younger than me.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Benz-Stripe-Suit-5.jpg

"Speak up, darling. I can't hear you."
    The next Bond actor will be younger than us and it's going to alienate the higher age-group of fans.
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    The LAST Bond actor — Daniel Craig — is younger than me.

You win the round. ;)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Benz-Stripe-Suit-5.jpg

"Speak up, darling. I can't hear you."
    :))

The next Bond actor will be younger than us and it's going to alienate the higher age-group of fans.
    Well, not younger than you.

Since it'll be you.

This just isn't on. I demand to see my MP.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It will be the first time a new Bond actor is younger than me also, DC is just under 7 years older than myself. When I checked online I did not realise he was 55 I thought he was younger, saying that NTTD did take an age to be released.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    I'm 22 so I'm still safe. Although this time it'll be more like older brother than father or grandfather.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited May 2023 Posts: 2,161
    Craig is several years younger than me. I guess it did give me a different viewpoint right from the start. It’s probably why he seems the least Bondlike to me, for the first time I thought of a Bond actor as being a relative youngster.
    Well, not younger than you.

Since it'll be you.

Secretly I'm hoping someone better turns up.

Dragonpol wrote: »

This just isn't on. I demand to see my MP.

Get with the times bro lol
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    The next Bond actor will also be the first to serve under a king. It's wild to think that Elizabeth was not just alive for all the Bonds, but was Queen during that same time, even for his initial literary creation.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    slide_99 wrote: »
    The next Bond actor will also be the first to serve under a king. It's wild to think that Elizabeth was not just alive for all the Bonds, but was Queen during that same time, even for his initial literary creation.

Truly incredible when you think of it. She was such a constant in society and how she was able to navigate the changes in society and the world. A remarkable lady the likes of which we may never see again.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    thedove wrote: »
    slide_99 wrote: »

Truly incredible when you think of it. She was such a constant in society and how she was able to navigate the changes in society and the world. A remarkable lady the likes of which we may never see again.

Sounds like Tina Turner...
    The next Bond is going to be Timothée Chalamet, so yeah!
    Save this (and other older posts I made about Tim) for when the announcement is made.
    That's going to be a pretty interesting moment following production on the next one.
    Stamper wrote: »
    The next Bond is going to be Timothée Chalamet, so yeah!
    Save this (and other older posts I made about Tim) for when the announcement is made.
    That's going to be a pretty interesting moment following production on the next one.

I already have all your posts concerning this actor printed out and ready to be framed in 24 carat gold when the inevitable announcement is made.
    The next Bond is going to be Timothée Chalamet,
    Had to look him up - never heard of him. American of French origin? Fat chance. Also, the way he looks on recent pictures makes me think he should age another ten years or so before anyone could think of having him as Bond. And I, at least, do not wish to wait another ten years for the next Bond movie.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    What's alarming is I was born in 94 and it's entirely possible the next Bond is younger than ME. Genuinely did not expect that in 2016.
  • The next Bond actor will be slimmer than me!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The next Bond actor will be slimmer than me!

You don't know! Maybe we'll get a sumo bond!
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 2,901
    The next Bond is going to be Timothée Chalamet,
    Had to look him up - never heard of him. American of French origin? Fat chance. Also, the way he looks on recent pictures makes me think he should age another ten years or so before anyone could think of having him as Bond. And I, at least, do not wish to wait another ten years for the next Bond movie.

Timothee Chalamet as Bond would be one of the strangest pieces of miscasting I’ve ever seen… and keep in mind this was an actor recently cast as Willy Wonka (for reasons apart from his fame I’m not entirely sure of).
    I had to get over this when Hollywood got obsessed with young adult movies.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    As I said, I am older than Craig, but I know of at least two members that are older than Pierce and Dalton.
    At the slow rate these films are coming, I’m guessing the next one will be the last one older than I am.