The Next Bond Actor Will Be Younger Than Me

13»

Comments

007HallY wrote: »
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Stamper wrote: »
    The next Bond is going to be Timothée Chalamet,
    Had to look him up - never heard of him. American of French origin? Fat chance. Also, the way he looks on recent pictures makes me think he should age another ten years or so before anyone could think of having him as Bond. And I, at least, do not wish to wait another ten years for the next Bond movie.

Timothee Chalamet as Bond would be one of the strangest pieces of miscasting I’ve ever seen… and keep in mind this was an actor recently cast as Willy Wonka (for reasons apart from his fame I’m not entirely sure of).

Yeah, I don't quite get the following behind his casting. Speaking of Willy Wonka, Chalamet as Bond would be like casting Gene Wilder as Superman back in the '70s.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    007HallY wrote: »
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Stamper wrote: »
    The next Bond is going to be Timothée Chalamet,
    Had to look him up - never heard of him. American of French origin? Fat chance. Also, the way he looks on recent pictures makes me think he should age another ten years or so before anyone could think of having him as Bond. And I, at least, do not wish to wait another ten years for the next Bond movie.

Timothee Chalamet as Bond would be one of the strangest pieces of miscasting I’ve ever seen… and keep in mind this was an actor recently cast as Willy Wonka (for reasons apart from his fame I’m not entirely sure of).

Yeah, I don't quite get the following behind his casting. Speaking of Willy Wonka, Chalamet as Bond would be like casting Gene Wilder as Superman back in the '70s.

As I'd rather have his older sister as Bond girl. I think, as a rule, Bond-nominiees should not have attractive actress-sisters, as that would rule them out as Bond-girls.

pauline-chalamet-3-1a83a2ffc06347abb3275d492a62bb92.jpg
    Now that’s a Chalamet I can get behind of.
    …sorry, to crass? :>
  • ForbseyForbsey Hampshire
    I was born in 1972 (first Bond cinema trip was Moonraker) so this is the same for me unless …Tom Cruise for the next Bond anyone?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Forbsey wrote: »
    I was born in 1972 (first Bond cinema trip was Moonraker) so this is the same for me unless …Tom Cruise for the next Bond anyone?

You don't mean that, do you? He's four years older than Roger was in AVTAK.
  • ForbseyForbsey Hampshire

You don't mean that, do you? He's four years older than Roger was in AVTAK.[/quote]

No, not really. I am spending a lot of time watching the Moore films where he is older than me at the time of filming. Still, it’s cheaper than getting a motorbike and tattoo.
  • Bond/MI crossover?