The Next Bond Actor Will Be Younger Than Me

edited May 2023 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 12
I've been watch the Bond movies since about '83, and every Bond actor has been older than me. Daniel Craig is older than me by 5 1/2 years. Whoever the next person is to play Bond will be the first actor to be younger than me.

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2023 Posts: 4,441
    Same feeling. Daniel Craig get only vijf movies that take to much time. Actor born in 70's already can have been a problem after Skyfall. 36-46 year old if cast for 2016. 1970-2016 = 46 / 1979 = 36/37.

After Spectre for 2019:

1970: 49 / 1971: 48 / 1972: 47 / 1973: 46
    1974: 45 / 1975: 44 / 1976: 43

1977: 42 / 1978: 41 / 1979: 40
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Same feeling. Daniel Craig get only vijf movies that take to much time. Actor born in 70's already can have been a problem after Skyfall. 36-46 year old if cast for 2016. 1970-2016 = 46 / 1979 = 36/37.

After Spectre for 2019:

1970: 49 / 1971: 48 / 1972: 47 / 1973: 46
    1974: 45 / 1975: 44 / 1976: 43

1977: 42 / 1978: 41 / 1979: 40

Agreed. I've been curious. Where do you think the franchise goes from here?
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I have never been younger than a Bond now that I think of it. I was born in 1969 and have never had the thrill of a Bond that was older than me.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    thedove wrote: »
    I have never been younger than a Bond now that I think of it. I was born in 1969 and have never had the thrill of a Bond that was older than me.

I'm a bit puzzled. They're all older than you..?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I’m 36, so the next Bond will undoubtedly be around my age.
    Twisted logic.
    mtm wrote: »

I'm a bit puzzled. They're all older than you..?

Yes that is true. I was born in 1969 so all Bond actors have been older than me. I guess this next chap will be the first one that is younger than me. Weird trivia.

Connery born 1930
    Moore born 1927
    Lazenby born 1939
    Dalton born 1946
    Brosnan born 1953
    Craig born 1968 (closest to my age)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,544

Am I correct in saying that you have always been younger than any Bond then? Unless you were born before 1927, you have had at least one Bond who's older than you. ;-)
    Good catch Darth! LOL! My mind was twisted this day. Thanks for clarifying me. Yes I have never been older than Bond.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,544
    Good catch Darth! LOL! My mind was twisted this day. Thanks for clarifying me. Yes I have never been older than Bond.

I was going to interview you as the only almost centenarian on the forum. :-D (I'm sure that @Creasy47 is 105, but he won't admit it.)
    Born in 1960, so Craig is younger than me, then. All the others are (or were) older. Even Charlie Higson ;)
    I presume the next Bond will be the first who's younger than me. I was born in '82.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'm 44 so the next Bond had better be younger than me. For the series to survive, I think the next actor needs to be someone that the younger generation is excited to see. Not pandering to them, but just someone who gets them enthusiastic about going to the theater to check out Bond again. And hopefully the older generations will like him too.
    pachazo wrote: »
    I'm 44 so the next Bond had better be younger than me. For the series to survive, I think the next actor needs to be someone that the younger generation is excited to see. Not pandering to them, but just someone who gets them enthusiastic about going to the theater to check out Bond again. And hopefully the older generations will like him too.

Hey, @pachazo! Good to see you again, mate. It's been a while. How are you?

And yes, not pandering to younger generations but appealing to them makes sense. I remember many teens being very excited when Craig, who was twice their age, was announced. So a 30+ actor can have that effect.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited May 2023 Posts: 1,812
    I think I’ll actually be about the same age as the next actor to play Bond, so that’ll be a first for me. Unless they want someone in their late 20s or early 30s (I’m in my mid-30s), then I’ll be older than Bond too. He could be about 2 or 3 years younger I suppose. That would mean the next Bond will have been born in the early 90’s! :-O
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm just a few weeks shy of 32 so I might be in the running. :D
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Craig was the first younger than me; I was born in 63
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I was born in the prophetic year of 1984 (no surprise there!) so the next Bond actor will almost certainly be younger than me for the first time. The literary Bond of Charlie Higson's OHM2S is already younger than me, having been born in 1988. It's scary but inevitable as time waits for no man.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I was born in the prophetic year of 1984 (no surprise there!)
    That explains your user image and the mind control it exerts.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I was born in the prophetic year of 1984 (no surprise there!)
    That explains your user image and the mind control it exerts.

Indeed. Big Brother is watching you.
    Considering I'm in early Roger era age territory, and considering the next Bond is still about 2 decades away from birth, I'll be old enough to be his great great grandfather.

• edited May 2023 Posts: 12,267
    Highly unlikely the next one will be older than me. But the one after that? Definitely a solid chance, assuming the next guy has a medium-long tenure…

Honestly, even as young as I am, it’s a scary thing for me to think about. Contemplating my mortality is not my favorite thing.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The next one will be definitely younger than me. So far, Craig is the only one that is, and even by quite a few years.
    I certainly hope we won't stop at age. How about height, weight, hair color and thickness, eye color, skin color, ability to grow facial hair, IQ, etc.
    I've been watch the Bond movies since about '83, and every Bond actor has been dumber than me. Daniel Craig is dumber than me by 168 IQ points. Whoever the next person is to play Bond will be the first actor to be smarter than me.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Stand by for my future OP: The next Bond actor will be richer than me.

Every actor so far has had a smaller pe--I mean a bigger paycheck than me. The next actor should make the barest minimum. Yes, that's what I mean.
    The next Bond actor will be Britisher than me.
    The next Bond actor won't be me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I was going to interview you as the only almost centenarian on the forum. :-D (I'm sure that @Creasy47 is 105, but he won't admit it.)

104, actually!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 8,688
    The next Bond actor will be the eighth to drive a faster car than me.