Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2011 Posts: 28,694

New Batman reboot in 2015.
    Where is your proof?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,690

Where is your proof?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/
    http://www.filmjunk.com/2011/03/29/warner-brothers-planning-justice-league-movie-and-batman-reboot/

Besides, it's no secret that Warner Brothers want a Batman reboot soon, since they want a new Batman to make Justice League with Cavill's Superman.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I really think Warner's will be hard pushed to have another Batman film out so soon unless they know right now what they want to do next, otherwise we could be in for a bit of a wait. I know they want to capitalise on what Nolan has done for them but time must be taken to ensure whatever is done next works and is the right move.

Plus IMDB and release dates don't mix. This is the site that changed Bond 23 to 2014 in April because of the suspension of the film despite not having any proof for doing so!

The next Batman film will be out 2017 - 2022, as thought but insiders.
    There rebooting it to set up Justice League (which MOS is designed to do) and Teen Titans (For robin, so except him soon)
    I hope for the best but have my doubts. The whole Superman series rests on this film.

Reboot, reboot and more reboot. I'll see your reboot and raise you another... :)
    I had such hope for Superman Returns and it was kinda disappointing. Be good to see another movie and we have to deal with the origin all over again. I thought that 1978 should have handled all the issues of the planet Krypton.
    Yes, they should give Lex Luthor a rest. His character has grown somewhat tiresome.
    General Zod? why use him again?? terrance Stamp nailed the character in superman 2.
    Why not use someone different? Brainiac? Superman had lots of foes so why do they always concentrate on tired Luthor and now Zod? why not use a totally unrelated villian?
    Maybe a criminal mastermind or billionaire corporate elitist?
    If I were the screenwriter that is what I would do. But thats why I'm not a screenwriter :(
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    instead of rebooting old superheroes over n over why not think oof a great NEW superhero. im kinda sick of seeing the same guys, not all superheros need to be based on comic heros do they???
    Here's the logo:

Man-of-steel-logo-600x222.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    instead of rebooting old superheroes over n over why not think oof a great NEW superhero. im kinda sick of seeing the same guys

They need to pick other superheroes that haven't been made into films yet. Like the very first comic book superhero, MARVEL's Namor the Submariner. He's kind of like Aquaman but 20 times cooler.

Here's a list of superheroes I think would make into good movies...

Namor the Submariner
    Heroes for Hire (Luke Cage and Iron Fist)
    MoonKnight
    Black Panther
    Deadpool

instead of rebooting old superheroes over n over why not think oof a great NEW superhero. im kinda sick of seeing the same guys

They need to pick other superheroes that haven't been made into films yet. Like the very first comic book superhero, MARVEL's Namor the Submariner. He's kind of like Aquaman but 20 times cooler.

Namor the Submariner
    MoonKnight
    Black Panther
    Deadpool

So, is he utterly useless out of the water like Aquaman is...

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

Namor the Submariner
    MoonKnight
    Black Panther
    Deadpool

So, is he utterly useless out of the water like Aquaman is...

:-)) No he's much more of a badass. He can be out of water for a long time before his power starts to drain from him. Namor is half human, half Atlantian.

1520487-07._namor_super.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The film will be released in IMAX 3D; new plot description revealed:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/man-steel-imax-3d-plot-description-revealed/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great plot description 8-| . It's only the plot for every single Superman film ever made. I think Superman is losing the so called "most recognized superhero" to Batman, and fast. With Batman you can do a variety of complex things, while with Superman all there is to do is have him be weakened by Kryptonite, have Lois or his parents in dire danger, or have him being unable to save a civilian.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Superman is so small to me these days, compared to Batman and the likes of The Avengers.
    I reckon this film will be a hit regardless, unless it goes the other way and completely flops. I think the public just like superhero films and even though Superman hasn't been around since 1987 in force, that won't really matter.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    MOS is going to be epic, hell even Zimmer's scoring the movie.
    I read an extended 8-page story treatment of Man of Steel a few months ago. If it is legitimate, which I believe it is, it actually does have the potential to be a good movie. It does do a lot of things that other Superman movies have done, but it takes a different approach to a many things which is hopefully where the interest will lie.

And it is very dramatic. High on drama.
    That gives me some hope at least @wildboonjive. Thanks.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 299
    Let's just keep our fingers crossed @Samuel001. Hopefully Snyder won't hack it up too much or get in the way of the story.
    <blockquote rel="forgotmyusername"><blockquote rel="Samuel001">I hope for the best but have my doubts. The whole Superman series rests on this film.</blockquote>

Yes Batman finishes, Spidey and Superman reboots fill the void for a decade. >:p
    </blockquote>

I hope your right
    When they do reboot Batman, can they PLEASE put him in black and grey already?? They can still keep the armored qualities to the suit but I'm tired of all black
    They don't put Spidey and Superman in all black
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,333
    I just had a look at the sneak footage from MoS at Comic-Con and though the quality is dreadful and not very large, I could get a sense of the tone and some of the SFX. If anyone is interested in the feature and poor quality video read below and go to the link.

A video — probably taken with a smartphone — of absolutely dreadful quality of the Man of Steel trailer has been posted online. But even allowing for the fuzzy images, it may be hard to understand what brought fans who viewed it to their feet and caused one questioner during a panel discussion about the movie to break down in sobs. Nevertheless, several reports have indicated that the two-minute-long trailer — the camcorded video makes it appear as if it was shown on three screens simultaneously — convinced many of those in attendance that the Superman reboot, due to be released next June 14, will become the blockbuster hit of the year. Adam Vary, who covered the screening of the trailer for Entertainment Weekly‘s blog,wrote, “Snap Judgment: Major. Goosebumps. [Director Zack] Snyder appears to have crafted a rich, regal, deeply serious, and quite emotional cinematic canvas for this iteration of Superman’s story, and the footage struck just the right balance between grand spectacle and human-scaled feeling.” Natalie Finn of E! online remarked that the trailer got “the audience’s collective heart pounding faster than a speeding bullet.” Her conclusion: “Man of Steel looks (and sounds) amazing.” Eric Eisenberg of CinemaBlend.com provided a scene-by-scene description of the trailer, then summed up: “What surprised me most about the footage was how bleak it was.” During a panel discussion following the screening, Snyder said that his aim was “making [Superman] work and making him cool. … The big challenge is if you can make people feel, what would you do if you were Superman? How would you feel? In the past, he’s been a big blue Boy Scout on a throne.” Ultimately he decided “to act as if no [Superman] film had been made.”

http://www.studiobriefing.net/2012/07/camcorded-man-of-steel-trailer-posted-online/
    Can not wait for this trailer to be released. TDKR here I come baby, here I come.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 268
    Two teasers have been officially released online now! Its basically the same footage but with two different narrations:

Teaser A:

Teaser B:

Personally I like the Crowe-variant best :D
    Isn't that some theme of the Lord of the Rings?
    0013 wrote:
    Isn't that some theme of the Lord of the Rings?

Yep, since Zimmer hasnt started writing the score yet they used that "gandalf is sad" score. I think it fits perfectly. Eeiry trailer, looks literally like it takes place in our real world. Fantastic photography I must say!
    Im really impressed with what I see. Its all the total opposite of what I would have expected from a teaser for a Superman film, especially one coming from Synder. But I do love Sydner's overly-stylised visuals, so it is a little odd to see him do his best Chbristopher-Nolan impression. But maybe Man of Steel will be the movie where he finally grows up, the cinematography looks stunning.
  • I loved the trailer! I don't think he's doing his Nolan impression, it seems darker as a Superman film, but the cinematography and tone feels so much different than a Nolan film, let alone a Snyder film. I'm really excited to see this.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I might not be able to carry the kryponite Mr. Kent, but I can carry you!
    The Russel Crowe version is available in HD on Apple now in all its glory!
    Er..that's not the leaked Comic Con trailer.. unfortunately :/