Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Benny wrote: »
    I thought one of them looked like Idris Elba, but that's just me. >:)
    I cannot believe this is still going on.
    It's Craig in both btw

Yes. cgi-tweaked.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    As this has been started up again, I'll just say that a straightforward way to tell that they're different people (other than, y'know: having different faces ;) ) is that the structure of the irises are different. Everyone has unique irises, like fingerprints, and they are stable over time. These two people have different eyes.

Skyfallpeeper2iris.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Is it possible the difference there is the result of CGI?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Why would you change them to be different if you're trying to make them seem like the same person?
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,518
    :-??

I feel like this is the new "the death of you / the death of him". Some people seem dead set that it's a different person, some dead set that it's the same person. I have no idea / don't really care one way or another. Hmm... Dead Set could be a good title for Bond 26.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    News, we need NEWS! !!
    talos7 wrote: »
    News, we need NEWS! !!

Truly. :)) New Fleming publications in 2023! lol
    mtm wrote: »
    Why would you change them to be different if you're trying to make them seem like the same person?

Also, if they did take the CGI route they probably just would have done some sort of de-ageing wipe of the whole face which would affect the eyes too, one would think. We're talking about 1 second of the PTS, I doubt an enormous amount of time and effort was put into this specific moment. I've seen Skyfall a great many times and hadn't even thought of any of this until this discussion here. Just thought/assumed it was Craig both times TBH.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 2,752

It might be because they colour graded the last image in the SF titles to make Craig appear older. It does look like they used harder lighting for that shot as well. The iris as well is definitely the sort of thing in which the colour/contrast can be affected through the grading, but they do look similar to me.

To be completely honest, to my eye it looks like the promo image that @LucknFate posted of Craig above the SF still is likely the one they used. The face is just stretched for the crack and the features softened.

Anyway, any potential Bond actors? All this talk about facial features and eyes is making me miss the good old days of jawlines...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2022 Posts: 14,861
    007HallY wrote: »

It might be because they colour graded the last image in the SF titles to make Craig appear older. It does look like they used harder lighting for that shot as well. The iris as well is definitely the sort of thing in which the colour/contrast can be affected through the grading, but they do look similar to me.

They're different mate, please just accept it rather than keeping making up wild reason as to why 'it might be' this or that (also notice the motion blurring to the edges of the child eye image: because it's undergoing a zoom). I've already adjusted the grading and contrast on the child image to make it closer to the Craig one, it didn't affect the actual structure or shape of the iris, that's not how how curves and levels work- they can't change or move detail. Look at the shape of the inner ring just around the pupil: totally different. Different people.

The image that LucknFate posted is from Quantum of Solace, just four years earlier. If you have Daniel Craig and you need a really tight shot on his eye, you're not going to use a head and body shot from four years earlier (which likely wasn't even taken in the perfect focus you need), you're just going to take a photo of him in the style/place you need. They really do have the money to do that.
    I'm happy to accept whatever, and we can move on from this!

It's not something that's likely to happen, but I would have loved to have seen Christian Bale in the role. To me he's similar to the Henry Cavill pick, but a much (much) better actor. Would have been really cool to see what he would've done with the role.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Let’s move on from this. Looks like Craig to me, perhaps manipulated.
    Thanks to whoever posted the Kleinman interview, interesting stuff.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    I'm happy to accept whatever, and we can move on from this!

It's not something that's likely to happen, but I would have loved to have seen Christian Bale in the role. To me he's similar to the Henry Cavill pick, but a much (much) better actor. Would have been really cool to see what he would've done with the role.

Yeah, he could have been great, unfortunately, he said that the Bond films are "too cliche and repetitive", so i don't see him filling-in the suit anytime soon.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    There's this thing called Occam's Razor, see, and...oh, never mind.
    007HallY wrote: »

They're different mate, please just accept it rather than keeping making up wild reason as to why 'it might be' this or that (also notice the motion blurring to the edges of the child eye image: because it's undergoing a zoom). I've already adjusted the grading and contrast on the child image to make it closer to the Craig one, it didn't affect the actual structure or shape of the iris, that's not how how curves and levels work- they can't change or move detail. Look at the shape of the inner ring just around the pupil: totally different. Different people.

The image that LucknFate posted is from Quantum of Solace, just four years earlier. If you have Daniel Craig and you need a really tight shot on his eye, you're not going to use a head and body shot from four years earlier (which likely wasn't even taken in the perfect focus you need), you're just going to take a photo of him in the style/place you need. They really do have the money to do that.

Ok, no worries, I can tell I'm annoying you for whatever reason. Let's just wait and see if any answers about this come along and leave it at that :)
    Venutius wrote: »
    There's this thing called Occam's Razor, see, and...oh, never mind.

Love those razors. Occam's and Hitchen's, and... there's one that means "never assume malice when incompetence will do" or something and I can't remember the name of it.

EDIT: Hanlon's Razor.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    At least these last several pages have confirmed it's not as obvious as some might think. But yes, spinning in circles here, let's get back on topic.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    This is my favourite MI6 discussion.
    Now, let's discuss the 2006/2008 disparity between CR and QoS or maybe even how Bond flipped that boat in QoS!
    Easy ones! The end of CR is in 2008, and Bond has telekinetic powers.

But if you think it was Daniel playing Bond in either of these scenes, YOU’RE BLIND.
  • eyes%20sean%20connery%201280x1020%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_100.jpg

My mind was blown when I realised this wasn’t Craig.

eyes%20sean%20connery%201280x1020%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_100.jpg

I guesh you can only blame yourshelvesh.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,419
    Did Craig ever do an eyebrow raise?

Also... I was going through Skyfall premiere photos (yes, looking for a young blonde kid with blue eyes on the red carpet) and realized that Aaron Taylor Johnson and his wife attended? How long have they been close with the Bond family, and why? There were maybe a dozen (photographed) unrelated guests I saw–boy bands, two radio djs, some kind of influencer, etc., and then Stephen Fry and Aaron Taylor Johnson, randomly. Everyone else (in the photos) was Bond alum or production. Is he like... has he been their backup for a decade?
    Easy ones! The end of CR is in 2008, and Bond has telekinetic powers.

But if you think it was Daniel playing Bond in either of these scenes, YOU’RE BLIND.

Now for the ten-million dollar question: Do CR and QOS happen in 2006 or 2008?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    LucknFate wrote: »

Also... I was going through Skyfall premiere photos (yes, looking for a young blonde kid with blue eyes on the red carpet) and realized that Aaron Taylor Johnson and his wife attended? How long have they been close with the Bond family, and why? There were maybe a dozen (photographed) unrelated guests I saw–boy bands, two radio djs, some kind of influencer, etc., and then Stephen Fry and Aaron Taylor Johnson, randomly. Everyone else (in the photos) was Bond alum or production. Is he like... has he been their backup for a decade?
    I think the link might be his wife, Sam Taylor-Johnson, who directed James Bond Supports International Women's Day in 2011, just a year before Skyfall had its premiere.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,419
    LucknFate wrote: »

I think the link might be his wife, Sam Taylor-Johnson, who directed James Bond Supports International Women's Day in 2011, just a year before Skyfall had its premiere.

Oh nice, thank you. I didn't know she was behind that and didn't see anything about it in the Getty captions. That's cool, and lucky for him if he wants an audition.
    eyes%20sean%20connery%201280x1020%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_100.jpg

Strange, as that's clearly an 8 year old girl.
    Yes this is the actor they got to play young Madeleine… isn’t it obvious???
  • SmilionSmilion Slovenia
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7
    To get back to the thread.

Was just watching Late Night in Soho again and Sam Claflin caught my eye. He has the looks, is about the right age and has already shown some good acting chops (Peaky Blinders, Adrift, The Riot Club, Me Before You), and has also starred in some franchises (Hunger Games, Pirates of the Caribbean, Enola Holmes). He has the experience but might still be relatively unknown to general public.

e308913afaf3033304aa80e8ab26dfad7ca4ace6.gif

edf8957d141c192368cafc69edd761daef081c23.gifv

eea90c4397ca03386dc525d2abeb16ead38caaab.gif

He hasn't been on my radar, @Smilion, but he's definitely got the acting chops and his role in Last Night In Soho, from what I recall, is certainly a good indicator of what he could bring to the table.

Sadly, he'll be almost 40 by the time they start production, I'd imagine.