Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• cwl007cwl007 England
    Just had a flutter at the UK bookies on Tom Hughes to be the next Bond. OK, it probably won't be him, but the odds of 250 to 1 seemed ridiculously generous and the best value bet out there.

I wasn't even sure who Tom Hughes was so I've just googled him. I realised I've seen him act but didn't know his name. Good shout, he certainly looks the part and definitely worth a punt.👍
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Are we sure that Elordi isn't just Timothee Ski Chalet in a wig? I'd say no to the other two choices as well.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think some suggestions are presented solely to be provocative and agitate.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »

Well then how about that Creasy47 guy for the next Bond? He's entirely out of shape and an American but he is in his early 30s!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

Well then how about that Creasy47 guy for the next Bond? He's entirely out of shape and an American but he is in his early 30s!

And Creasy has a spectacular jaw!

And @talos7 … if you’re referring to @Pierce2Daniel , I have to say he’s not being provocative at all. I’ve been chatting with him off this site, and Pierce is very sharp, and, although I’m not exactly sure what he does, he has a very deep and artistic soul. He’s good with a camera— and seeing some of his photos, I think I understand the man even more… in the way he observes things.

I had to defend Pierce as he is most certainly not trying to provoke, but his sensibilities come from out-of-the-box thinking. He watches, deliberates and responds to what his gut is telling him. He’s a very interesting guy.

(It’s hard sometimes to interpret one’s intent in text. There are definite provocateurs on here, but I’ve clearly learned that Pierce isn’t one of them (although he certainly riled me up one time, 😂!). He genuinely is sharing his thoughts (from Bond, to other films, casting, etc))
    @peter Point taken.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sope is a prime candidate in my opinion too. He sells the action so well in Gangs of London.

He definitely gives off the proper alpha vibes where not many others do.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 784
    I wouldn’t choose Elordi over Aidan Turner. He looks like an overgrown baby who killed his mother in childbirth.

He’d be better than Lazenby but he shouldn’t turn down other roles with his hopes up.

@JeremyBondon agrees with me

tumblr_n05iviYbs71srp5bmo1_250.gif
    They might both be ineligible due to fame but who would have been better? Pattinson vs Cavill

1d951527d6bb29c0cb66732e7678e4037c562d32.gif
    4125021ac84a828c6fa00cde1a62b9ee1aa68714.gif

32bb2e3de6b529d57537b05d3310b3852256b302.gifv
    tumblr_paupieIeeW1rjjr2to1_540.gif
  • Pattinson because he can act. Cavill seems like a nice enough bloke, but he just seems so stiff and awkward whenever he’s on screen to me, like he’s lacking in confidence. It’s weird. He’s so good looking that you’d think he‘d be a natural born movie star. But I thought he was much more believeable as a stoic baddy in MI than as a “charismatic” super spy in UNCLE. And Bond needs someone with charisma.
    mtm wrote: »
    Sope is a prime candidate in my opinion too. He sells the action so well in Gangs of London.

He definitely gives off the proper alpha vibes where not many others do.

Yeah, I didn’t realise how young he was until I saw him suggested on here, and I couldn’t believe it. He comes across as much more mature and masculine than most other actors his age, and he’s got proper physical presence. I’d be happy with him.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    He looks like an overgrown baby who killed his mother in childbirth.
    :)) Outstanding! :))
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    They might both be ineligible due to fame but who would have been better? Pattinson vs Cavill

I'd prefer Pattinson for sure.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I think Cavill has more of the look of Bond (to my mind), but Pattinson has much greater range as an actor. The question is, though: how much range does the actor playing Bond need?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think Cavill has more of the look of Bond (to my mind), but Pattinson has much greater range as an actor. The question is, though: how much range does the actor playing Bond need?

More than a plank of wood, which takes Cavill out of the running.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    peter wrote: »

More than a plank of wood, which takes Cavill out of the running.

My thoughts as well. And even if he were a better actor, I think he's just kind of a boring choice. Obvious in a bad way.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Cavill.

It's more about what they do with him than anything else.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2022 Posts: 13,894
    Cavill, easily. There's something off about Pattinson's look, not quite right for Bond. He made a very good Batman, but he's not Bond.
    Cavill, easily. There's something off about Pattinson's look, not quite right for Bond. He made a very good Batman, but he's not Bond.

The idea of Pattinson as a potential Bond is growing on me. I prefer his Batman to Bale's strangely. That said, his appearance isn't as Bondian as Cavill to me, but more so than 90% of the names mentioned in the media.
    Personally I don't particularly love Pattinson as Bond, but I just prefer him over Cavill because he's the more interesting choice.
    I can understand want “ interesting “ but not Pattinson; I know that I’m in the minority but I strongly disliked his take on Batman, more specifically Bruce Wayne. I know it was the director’s soul sucking vision, but Pattinson too often delivers sullen, charmless performances.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 1,215
    KLZnEjGnLPs2DTKRV8GZBV.jpg
    Sope_Dirisu_Portrait.jpg
    SeriesPreview_18_GOL_S02.jpg
    MV5BZDk4YmZlNzEtZGFiOS00NTc1LWJkOWUtMjMxNmI5MWY2NDhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI3MjczOTM@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNTQ3ZmVmYjgtZTc1Zi00YjZiLWJlYTYtZWNjZWZkNWFmOWE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI3MjczOTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
    6ed8c239c90a3316dba4b43d4b908b939aa14060.gifv

Sope Dirisu is my preference and by a wide margin. 31 years old, handsome, charismatic, sense of humour, physically/athletically talented, great dramatic chops, not yet a household name, and as much as the traditionalists may not care for it, being a POC would definitely bring something new to the role.
    He checks so many boxes that I think it’s only a matter of time before he becomes a favourite much in the way Idris Elba did, especially if Gangs of London grows in popularity.

And speaking of Gangs of London, Gareth Evans is name to watch for the director gig as well. I could see Barbara Broccoli bringing them both in as a package, they seem to work really well together.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    KLZnEjGnLPs2DTKRV8GZBV.jpg
    Sope_Dirisu_Portrait.jpg
    SeriesPreview_18_GOL_S02.jpg
    MV5BZDk4YmZlNzEtZGFiOS00NTc1LWJkOWUtMjMxNmI5MWY2NDhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI3MjczOTM@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNTQ3ZmVmYjgtZTc1Zi00YjZiLWJlYTYtZWNjZWZkNWFmOWE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI3MjczOTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
    6ed8c239c90a3316dba4b43d4b908b939aa14060.gifv

Sope Dirisu is my preference and by a wide margin. 31 years old, handsome, charismatic, sense of humour, physically/athletically talented, great dramatic chops, not yet a household name, and as much as the traditionalists may not care for it, being a POC would definitely bring something new to the role.
    He checks so many boxes that I think it’s only a matter of time before he becomes a favourite much in the way Idris Elba did, especially if Gangs of London grows in popularity.

And speaking of Gangs of London, Gareth Evans is name to watch for the director gig as well. I could see Barbara Broccoli bringing them both in as a package, they seem to work really well together.

Great post @battleshipgreygt
    I hadn't really considered Sope Dirisu as a candidate till recently, but upon further research into him as an actor, he's very quickly becoming a solid contender for me.
    He's ticking all the right boxes. Surely he'd be on EON's radar.
    As for Gareth Evans in the directors chair, you'd have no complaints from me.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Very interesting thoughts, I'm not averse to that at all. It would certainly feel fresh, and Dirisu has a bit of that *something* that Craig brought, but in a different way.
  • The action in GoL season 2 looks insane.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Slightly disappointed that Evans is not helming any episodes of season 2 himself, but I think the other directors will do a decent job of it.

Pattinson is ineligible due to Batman, but he'd have no doubt brought something interesting to the role.

As for Dirisu, I think it depends ultimately on where they want to take the series and Bond as a character. Same for Gareth Evans directing.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Look gents, we can talk long and short and post all these farfetched propositions, but in the end there remains one righteous seasoned looking true Bond. Meet... Ah nevermind, you get it.

IMG-20221016-120848.jpg
    Michael-Fassbender-03_GQ_03Feb13_b.jpg
    Michael-Fassbender-02_GQ_03Feb13_b.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Look gents, we can talk long and short and post all these farfetched propositions, but in the end there remains one righteous seasoned looking true Bond. Meet... Ah nevermind, you get it.

IMG-20221016-120848.jpg

Of course you’re right @JeremyBondon
    But in the event that the planets don’t align. Or EON slip up, it’s best too have a back up.
    Clearly Aidan is the heir apparent, but who would be your alternative choices?