Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    007HallY wrote: »
    Romours starting to swirl that Cavill has signed on for some kind of Marvel property. That would surely put the nail in his candidacy, right? Or maybe even would hint at Barbara giving his agent a call and telling him it won't be happening.

More likely if Barbara was serious about Cavill, they'd wait for him to finish his Marvel contract, thus delaying B26 by about 7 years.

I doubt any actor would be worth delaying a film by 7 years.

I tend to agree, regarding most actors. However I don't doubt Barbara would have done it for Daniel Craig.

Perhaps they'd hold out for a couple of months if they liked the actor, but not a period of years.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Not for a new actor. They obviously have given Craig leeway once he was in the role. If they believe they have a slam dunk on their hands, they'd probably shift a few months, but not years.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    007HallY wrote: »
    Romours starting to swirl that Cavill has signed on for some kind of Marvel property. That would surely put the nail in his candidacy, right? Or maybe even would hint at Barbara giving his agent a call and telling him it won't be happening.

More likely if Barbara was serious about Cavill, they'd wait for him to finish his Marvel contract, thus delaying B26 by about 7 years.

I doubt any actor would be worth delaying a film by 7 years.

I tend to agree, regarding most actors. However I don't doubt Barbara would have done it for Daniel Craig.

I doubt that. Eon don't make films on their own, they have a studio giving them money. If they've been given a release date then they need a better reason to miss it by years.
    Poulter I have mentioned before, but as the new Jason Bourne. He'd be perfect, he even looks a bit like Damon. Bond, just no.

Yeah, there's something about his lips, chin, like he's still has baby fat.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Poulter I have mentioned before, but as the new Jason Bourne. He'd be perfect, he even looks a bit like Damon. Bond, just no.

Yeah, there's something about his lips, chin, like he's still has baby fat.

We don t need a Bond who has just learned to walk and talk.
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 784
    Denzel London

5661b18984307665008b769c?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp
    %2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F1bb35a08-060f-11ea-b74d-6ffd84f3cc00.jpg?crop=1300%2C1625%2C0%2C0
    MOTYOnlineCropsAndHP_John-Boyega3.jpg
    MOTYOnlineCropsAndHP_John-Boyega2.jpg
    3cea84e4185f07dd099b38fcd6026133.jpg
    john-boyega-personality-gwp-13-1024x684.jpg
    john-boyega-personality-gwp-4-819x1024.jpg
    Red_White_And_Blue_John_Boyega_Small_Axe.jpg
    mgid:arc:imageassetref:bet.com:a0fd2d97-4904-11e7-a442-0e40cf2fc285?quality=0.7&height=619&width=412&crop=true
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    John Boyega?
    Aside from a Star Wars trilogy what has he done?
    He’s not a bad actor, but he doesn’t have a huge range. I don’t see him as Bond myself.
    Tom Holland's older brother

Jamie-Bell-1.jpg.webp
    222262_46_6604_5.jpg
    Jamie-Bell-Maxim-2015-Denim-Style-Photo-Shoot-003.jpg
    img-jamie-bell_075907801005.jpg
    jamie%2Bbell%2B1.jpg
    Jamie-Bell.jpg
    Without+Remorse+6.jpg?format=1000w
    9219fcf03bc5efefc38f4da554d4ff41.jpg
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Think most people will complain that he's tiny. Look up pictures of him and Daniel Craig together and it's not like Craig is tall.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2022 Posts: 14,934
    Bell is okay but he's never quite wowed me; often seems more of the wiry, shifty type too. I guess the most Bondish thing I've seen him in is the SAS Embassy raid film, and he's not bad at all, but was perhaps just sort of fine in it I thought. I suspect there are more exciting options.

Boyega is an excellent actor with plenty of range (see Detroit); I can't quite picture him as Bond myself but maybe I could be challenged on that. I get the impression the SW films may have turned him off the blockbuster thing though, I don't know.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Bell is tiny and ratty. Boyega isn't white like Bond is, so no.
  • How about Aaron Pierre? He's a good actor and has a great voice. Also, only 28. Once his name breaks out a bit more with Blade, the Lion King prequel and his upcoming streaming films he will be in the race for 007 for sure.

BCECGGDHRFVF.png
    NVDGI5WOH85R.png
    L6B56YURLSI8.png
    2021-05-14_144537_aaron_pic.jpg
    aaron-pierre.jpg
    edited September 2022 Posts: 1,318
    How about Aaron Pierre? He's a good actor and has a great voice. Also, only 28. Once his name breaks out a bit more with Blade, the Lion King prequel and his upcoming streaming films he will be in the race for 007 for sure.

The guy looks like a caricature version of Will Smith and that's saying something. Again, black, not white like Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He's got quite incredible eyes, I could imagine him being a hit with the ladies. I haven't seen him act though so couldn't say either way. Seems to have come from the Shakespearian tradition like Dalton though so sounds like he's good.
    Looks good without the beard. More beautiful than handsome, but very very masculine. Comes off as very intellectual in the interview. I like him a lot.

Would make the best Othello in history btw. Or Green Lantern (John Stewart).
  • QsCatQsCat London
    How about Aaron Pierre? He's a good actor and has a great voice. Also, only 28. Once his name breaks out a bit more with Blade, the Lion King prequel and his upcoming streaming films he will be in the race for 007 for sure.

BCECGGDHRFVF.png
    NVDGI5WOH85R.png
    L6B56YURLSI8.png
    2021-05-14_144537_aaron_pic.jpg
    aaron-pierre.jpg

Good looking guy! Would just prefer a white Bond myself. That’s ok isn’t it?..

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He got nominated for an award in the Globe's production of Othello, but was playing Cassio.
  • I’ve mentioned Boyega before and I do still think he could be good. Really impressed me in Attack The Block, Small Axe and Detroit. He’s got the sort of commanding screen presence you need for it imo and he seems naturally charming and charismatic in interviews. Haven’t seen him play anyone as posh as Bond before but he looks good in a suit and he’s got range, so I think he’s definitely worth an audition if he wants one. Right age for it too, but like @mtm says, maybe Star Wars will have put him off (or hurt his chances if they want someone more unknown).
    Boyega isn't white like Bond is, so no.
    Again, black, not white like Bond.

I hope they cast a black actor just for your satisfaction.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Wouldn’t want Boyega for Bond at all.
    @JeremyBondon

/care
    @JeremyBondon

/care

You seem to
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2022 Posts: 13,894
    Even if I had to cast a non white actor, I would still pooh pooh this chaps casting. Even with facial hair, he still looks soft!

If you made me choose a non white actor, I would say Adrian Lester, but he is too old now.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Even if I had to cast a non white actor, I would still pooh pooh this chaps casting. Even with facial hair, he still looks soft!

If you made me choose a non white actor, I would say Adrian Lester, but he is too old now.

Why him of all people ?!
  • QsCat wrote: »

I myself think he would be excellent in the role.
    QsCat wrote: »

What has he proven so far, acting wise, he'd be 'excellent' for the role? Based on what? He doesn't look the part, is a very mediocre actor, if not poor. What makes Boyega Bond? Quite keen to read.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    What makes him a poor actor? Because he's been brilliant and critically praised in many things. Quite keen to read.

What has he proven so far, acting wise, he'd be 'excellent' for the role? Based on what? He doesn't look the part, is a very mediocre actor, if not poor. What makes Boyega Bond? Quite keen to read.

He is by far the most traditionally handsome candidate under 40. He is by far a better actor than your favourite. He is proven in action blockbusters (with appropriately dramatic reactions). He is never stiff nor stilted. His gaze has the right mix of playful and dangerous. He could pull off cartoony without making the film too campy or realistic without making it uninteresting.

john-boyega-personality-gwp-4-819x1024.jpg
    aston-db5-martin-wallpaper-preview.jpg
    a006-walther-ppk-collage.jpg?itok=XbCPrFkA
    IMO the most defining quality of cinematic Bond is being cool and the actor has to be able do act it without any noticable effort. It is way more important than complexion, as proven by Craig.

He is by far the most traditionally handsome candidate under 40. He is by far a better actor than your favourite. He is proven in action blockbusters (with appropriately dramatic reactions). He is never stiff nor stilted. His gaze has the right mix of playful and dangerous. He could pull off cartoony without making the film too cartoony or realistic without making it uninteresting.

He is by far what? Stating it as fact? Hilarious. He looks average and gives me thugish vibes, not handsome in the slightest. And, again, judging from his acting 'skills' he is quite poor.

Also, it's not allowed to double post.