Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    mtm wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    An actor who I know @talos7 has championed before is Harry Styles.
    I'm seeing more of his work as an actor and whilst I believe he's got work to do, I don't feel that such a suggestion is such a long shot anymore. He's proving himself as a competent actor, and would quite possibly play a very credible Bond.

No one would take the "guy" seriously. This is how he looks in his spare time. His nan wants her wardrobe back:

main-qimg-a20fbcb410093250ac044f49c8f0ab0d-lq

More importantly, it seems like his performance has been largely criticised in Don't Worry Darling. I don't think we'd do too well with a Bond who is potentially overshadowed by his female co-star in terms of acting ability.

Although for my money, Florence Pugh is one of the best performers around at the moment. I think she's brilliant.

She's been amazing since day one. I've never seen a bad performance from her, and her breakout role in Lady Macbeth is not easily forgotten.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'd not seen her before Little Drummer Girl I must admit.
  • Joshua Sasse has surfaced again. This time he's clean shaven with a suspiciously full head of hair in new US tv show Monarch. Consequently he's looking Bondian to me. He ticks a lot of boxes - good age, good height, good voice. Unfortunately though, his cv is very average and he has something to prove in the acting department. He's in good company in Monarch and maybe the role will boost his career. (It's bound to be cancelled quickly now I've said that).

I only know Sasse from a couple of episodes of Galahad and that unfortunate Kylie business. In interviews he seems to come across a bit too pretentious for my liking, although maybe that has a lot to do with his social background. This guy is a posh Sean Connery.

Mon-101_2050_f_f.jpg

• edited September 2022 Posts: 15,818
    Joshua Sasse has surfaced again. This time he's clean shaven with a suspiciously full head of hair in new US tv show Monarch. Consequently he's looking Bondian to me. He ticks a lot of boxes - good age, good height, good voice. Unfortunately though, his cv is very average and he has something to prove in the acting department. He's in good company in Monarch and maybe the role will boost his career. (It's bound to be cancelled quickly now I've said that).

I only know Sasse from a couple of episodes of Galahad and that unfortunate Kylie business. In interviews he seems to come across a bit too pretentious for my liking, although maybe that has a lot to do with his social background. This guy is a posh Sean Connery.

Mon-101_2050_f_f.jpg

He looks quite dashing and Bondian there.
    Good call.
    Joshua Sasse seems good on look, but not on paper, if that makes sense. He'd need something meatier than this show to be noticed I think,,especially for Bond. Not something to make him famous, but something where he can show his acting skills.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This is the old article from 2005 on CBN, and they did seem to have some sort of source to the production into who was considered.

https://commanderbond.net/2995/the-men-who-could-have-been-bond.html

Gerard Butler
    Henry Cavill
    Rupert Friend
    Daniel Goddard
    Martin Henderson
    Julian McMahon
    David Morrissey
    Alex O’Lachlan
    Ingo Rademacher
    Dougray Scott
    Christian Solimeno
    Antony Starr
    Karl Urban
    Goran Visnjic
    Dominic West
    Sam Worthington

They knew that Cavill, Craig and Worthington may have been in the final three, and that O’Lachlan says he tested in costume, so there may have been more.

Interesting to see Anthony Starr on the list. His performance as Homelander on the Boys TV show is phenomenonal. He'd make a perfect Bond villain.
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 784
    I was apprehensive about Joshua Sasse before I saw these:

1599754463-Joshua_Sasse_British_Oscar_Nominees_Honored_42y6vrjQibGl.jpg[img][/img]2582
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I was apprehensive about Joshua Sasse until I saw these:

1599754463-Joshua_Sasse_British_Oscar_Nominees_Honored_42y6vrjQibGl.jpg

I brought him up some time ago, definitely worth a look.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    He'd need a Connery-style hair piece, though!
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    True, Sasse's hairline's not going to survive a three-film deal, tbf.
    I actually think that it’s been reinforced recently.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's not exactly a stunning CV he has, I'm not convinced just yet.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I don t know if this guy has been mentioned?
    p4YBNS0PCF928.jpg

We've got the man for the job right here and people keep blathering on about Turner, Boyega, etc.

p7JOFOXHQCO6I.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Is that @mtm ?

His gaze has the right mix of playful and dangerous.

• I'm only the understudy. Unofficial
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is that @mtm ?

Nope.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Is that @mtm ?

Nope.

Of course not. My mistake.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Just want to pop in and say I thought I saw a photo of Aidan Turner on Twitter today, but it turned out to be a Jonas brother.
    Just want to pop in and say I thought I saw a photo of Aidan Turner on Twitter today, but it turned out to be a Jonas brother.

Well all right, screentest him. 😉
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Like @TheSkyfallen06 said on another section of the forum, I just hope whoever they pick, it retains Bond's essence.
    I'll be honest, as much as I love Bond, I feel like the Craig era was my era of Bond
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

Like yourself they're all midget size, so next time you only think twice, lad.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,526
    What? haha

Listen, just because I'm only 3'2" doesn't mean I can't tell my mum on you!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Just to catch up on anbout 1,200 posts: No, I don't have any effing idea of who should play Bond in the future.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What? haha

Listen, just because I'm only 3'2" doesn't mean I can't tell my mum on you!
    Mate, you shouldn't talk down to people.
    Sorry, I was in a low mood.

Never seen such a short temper

I'm working on it, but it's hard to book into the psychiatrist on such short notice.

UPDATE: It was Joe Jonas.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

I'm working on it, but it's hard to book into the psychiatrist on such short notice.

UPDATE: It was Joe Jonas.

You're drawing the short end of the straw here lad, as he's taller than you.

ha-ha-point.gif