Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Harry Lawtey looks like James Bond, even if he's 25.

I googled him, you're right mate. Perhaps at 25 he's a bit too young, like Cavill in 2005?
    MV5BMTkzMzY5MTk0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcwMzQ1NQ@@._V1_.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,105
    Why-Didnt-They-Ask-Evans__5-5679ed3.jpg?quality=90&fit=700,466
    Just started watching the Agatha Christies: Why didn't they ask Evans new adaption on Britbox. William Poulter stars, he has noticeably aged and clearly been in the gym. A potential next Bond? 29 years old, 6ft 2
    MV5BNWY4MmRiMjktZTBhYS00YzkyLWFlMDgtNzQ4ZGViZDNiZWE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_.jpg
    I remember writing a while back that no, Poulter probably isn't a candidate for the next Bond...

Lucy Boynton as a potential Bond girl, on the other hand, is not unlikely.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    007HallY wrote: »
    I remember writing a while back that no, Poulter probably isn't a candidate for the next Bond...

Lucy Boynton as a potential Bond girl, on the other hand, is not unlikely.

Lucy has not appeared as yet in the first episode, though many reviews said Lucy is the best thing about this mini series.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    She's great in it. I'm not fully against Poulter.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Jordo007 wrote: »

I googled him, you're right mate. Perhaps at 25 he's a bit too young, like Cavill in 2005?

Yeah, he's young. He really looks the part though. Even has a hint of the cruel mouth.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yeah, he's young. He really looks the part though. Even has a hint of the cruel mouth.

Yes, I think I may have mentioned him when Industry started. He's a bit slight perhaps, but I think he's a really good actor and will be a star. Good voice too.
    mtm wrote: »

Yes, I think I may have mentioned him when Industry started. He's a bit slight perhaps, but I think he's a really good actor and will be a star. Good voice too.

Yes! Good voice too. True, there's a star quality about him.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 2,753
    Hard to tell only going by his performance in Industry (although my instinct is probably not) but my opinion is that most 25 year olds shouldn't be playing Bond, and Lawtey simply comes off as slightly too youthful. Keep the character/actor early 30s, or at a push late 20s (although they'll be playing the character as a 30-34 year old if that makes sense). He's handsome but so are many actors and as I've said looks aren't always an indicator of how well someone will portray Bond.

At the moment I think he looks way too young.
    edited May 2022 Posts: 4,247
    Ludovico wrote: »

At the moment I think he looks way too young.

Yeah, he is. But it's funny how James Bond really shows on his young face though.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Have some of you actually lost the plot completely?

GQ+Men+Year+Awards+2021+Red+Carpet+Arrivals+I5pBFfBKCpex.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He's even got a knitted tie :)
    Looks like a high-schooler
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    edited May 2022 Posts: 686
    JeremyBondon has, of course, picked a picture that makes him look very young and geeky. I'd not heard of him, but a quick image search shows pictures that make him appear much more likely as a candidate.

I've not seen him in anything myself.

If you want somebody young who can do a more comedic turn, Freddie Stroma has been killing it as the Vigilante on Peacemaker. I don't think his critical profile is high enough to match what I suspect are Eon's needs, but he's a name I've not seen mentioned.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    JeremyBondon has, of course, picked a picture that makes him look very young and geeky. I'd not heard of him, but a quick image search shows pictures that make him appear much more likely as a candidate.

If you want somebody young who can do a more comedic turn, Freddie Stroma has been killing it as the Vigilante on Peacemaker. I don't think his critical profile is high enough to match what I suspect are Eon's needs, but he's a name I've not seen mentioned.

He looks very young, but in other photos I can definitely see his potential….. down the line.

Oh get real. The guy is so far from attractive, let alone dangerous it's almost offensive. Basically what you're implying is 'anyone could be Bond yay'.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2022 Posts: 14,861

Interesting thought; I'm not sure he's quite the right type, but he is almost unfeasibly good-looking and has been brilliant in that, you're right. Maybe he could.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 784
    If you guys think the conversation is too focused on looks and too little on performances maybe we should link YouTube videos of candidates instead of just pictures?
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Have to say that I'm not seeing 'James Bond' in any of the potentials other than Aiden Turner and, to quite a lesser extent, Cavill. Shows how deeply I was imprinted with the classic image, I guess!
    I also don't see him anywhere.
    Except when I look in the mirror.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Oh get real. The guy is so far from attractive, let alone dangerous it's almost offensive. Basically what you're implying is 'anyone could be Bond yay'.

My DM is still open…..
    Sope Dirisu does look good in the new Gangs of London trailer.

Mothering+Sunday+UK+Premiere+65th+BFI+London+KK_clQr5iyYx.jpg

edited May 2022 Posts: 1,318
    Sope Dirisu looks good in the new Gangs of London trailer.

So does my soap at home.

So does my soap at home.

I am curious what your second, third, fourth and fifth choices would be, If Aidan was out of question.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

So does my soap at home.

I am curious what your second, third, fourth and fifth choices would be, If Aidan was out of question.

I don't think he has any.
    Read back. Obviously you didn't pay enough attention old boy.
    Read back. Obviously you didn't pay enough attention old boy.

The thread is too long, why don’t you indulge me? I have nothing better to do this early-summer evening.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sope Dirisu does look good in the new Gangs of London trailer.

Mothering+Sunday+UK+Premiere+65th+BFI+London+KK_clQr5iyYx.jpg

Yeah I’m still not disliking that idea at all. He’s got something.
    That’s a hell of a trailer too.