Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He absolutely has the presence for it, and I think a lot of Peaky fans would be very happy, but I think the age aspect is important: I just think they’d want to be sure they’d get at least around 8 years out of a new one.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Cillian Murphy is a fantastic actor but I fear he's too well known as Tommy Shelby, also he's potentially too old at 46.

Hopefully whoever they pick has as much screen presence as Murphy
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 784
    So many could have beens we missed out on because Daniel’s films kept being postponed :(

Richard Gere Jr.

1033258.jpg
    AP18312788316785-e1635716243768.jpg
    CALLUM-TURNER-12081637-BW_preview.jpg
    Callum-Turner-at-the-San-Diego-Comic-Con-in-July-2018.jpg

Tall, gentlemanly aesthetic, and a cheeky Bondian self-assuredness that makes everyone want to punch him in the face. Would be able to handle a lighter comedic tone, but I anticipate a predictable performance that would lack range, depth and intensity, since he hasn’t had any roles to really showcase such aspects yet. A safe choice nonetheless.

A beautiful man and a great actor. The man auditioned for Nolan's Batman, didn't get the part and still got a role in the actual film as they were impressed with him, that's how strong his screen presence/talent is. But yes, I fear he's too old. He also seems to have ruled it out himself - https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1567141/next-james-bond-peaky-blinders-cillian-murphy-tom-hardy
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    I've always found Murphy too soft for the role, a very feminine looking face.

You are too funny. Have you watched Peaky Blinders?
    I have. But he'd make a very pretty girl instead of Bond:

eda47c2f93f48f9ca6a1219b884f9869.jpg
    Murphy could’ve done it in his sleep but yeah, too old now. It’s nice that Peaky seems to have turned him into a proper leading man now though, with that new Nolan film. I’d expect to see him in a lot more stuff in the future. Maybe he could be a villain?

You are too funny. Have you watched Peaky Blinders?

We don’t watch or talk about performances in this thread mate. We just microanalyse still red carpet photos and wank over Aidan Turner.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Most of the best looking men these days would look fairly decent dressed up as a woman. Even your man Turner with those long Poldark locks of his.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Those are the some of the best pictures I've seen of Callum Turner, if he were cast he'd definitely need a rugged haircut. He looks a bit too posh with his hair neat, as it is in the video.

There are others I'd rather see be Bond, but I wouldn't be against casting him

Most of the best looking men these days would look fairly decent dressed up as a woman. Even your man Turner with those long Poldark locks of his.

Nothing femine about Turner's face, old boy.

Nothing femine about Turner's face, old boy.
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Those are the some of the best pictures I've seen of Callum Turner, if he were cast he'd definitely need a rugged haircut. He looks a bit too posh with his hair neat, as it is in the video.

There are others I'd rather see be Bond, but I wouldn't be against casting him

I'd like Callum Turner to play Ian Fleming. He'd be great.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

What about Tom Prior?? He would be the first gay James Bond. Very young and very handsome. He did amazing in the movie Firebird.

I have nothing against a gay actor playing Bond, but I'm skeptical about this one.
    Since62 wrote: »

What about Tom Prior?? He would be the first gay James Bond. Very young and very handsome. He did amazing in the movie Firebird.

You are confusing the actor and the role. A gay actor can play a straight or bisexual role, and vice-versa. Let's face it - gay actors have played straight roles for years and years, whether it was widely known or not.

Yeah I meant he would be the first gay actor to play Bond. Not Bond becomes gay
    Since62 wrote: »

You are confusing the actor and the role. A gay actor can play a straight or bisexual role, and vice-versa. Let's face it - gay actors have played straight roles for years and years, whether it was widely known or not.

Yeah I meant he would be the first gay actor to play Bond. Not Bond becomes gay

Sure. I recall when Rupert Everett sort of tossed his hat into the ring. At the end of My Best Friend's Wedding, on the dance floor with Julia Roberts' character, he struck the gun-alongside-face pose, and joked. I suppose that speaking outside the film he was just promoting. I don't know whether he wanted to be considered for Bond or not. But he certainly looked right. Tall, young but mature enough, handsome, somewhat Hoagy-Carmichael-ish.
    THE Idris Elba

IMG_1419.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-wide-11424-1447284652-4.jpg
    Idris-Elba-007.jpg?fit=625%2C560&ssl=1
    Unreserved02169.jpg

Old, but would still draw younger audiences. Controversial casting that would be good PR and do well in additional markets (Africa, The Americas, Middle East, Europe). Oozes masculinity. Is well known enough to pull fans from other streaming services. Duration of tenure is an issue, production would have to start soon. Out of all the black actors I don’t see anyone being nearly as good of a fit as Mr. Idris. Not casting him could be a missed opportunity, that might not resurface in the same calibre in a long time. Would be a continuation of Craig’s type of physicality and presence yet easier to contrast with a more comedic/romantic/nostalgic successor afterwards (in other words a very good transition)
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 14,800
    Idris Elba: old but, well, yeah, old.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @ByRoyalDecree you need to check your inbox for messages.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Idris is 49 years old. It's never going to happen.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I can imagine Bond introducing himself to a Bond girl: "My name is Bond, my child. James Bond."

That should make him approximately 55 or 56 when B26 actually begins casting.
    He could be the first Bond actor to start his era around the same age Sir Roger ended his on. :D
    ToTheRight wrote: »

He could be the first Bond actor to start his era around the same age Sir Roger ended his on. :D

They could fill B26 with obvious stunt doubles. An AVTAK homage! ;)
    mattjoes wrote: »

Give them a nice nod to DN and have the stunt doubles completely change skin color too, just to make sure the audience is paying attention!

Give them a nice nod to DN and have the stunt doubles completely change skin color too, just to make sure the audience is paying attention!

In fact, have Daniel Craig do some stunts for him in order to sow doubt and confusion.

In fact, have Daniel Craig do some stunts for him in order to sow doubt and confusion.

What a confusing treat that would be.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 6,682

Codename theory is true -- Daniel Craig and Idris Elba play different people named Bond!
    Craig Bond survived and became black!
    In real life, Idris Elba was wearing a Daniel Craig mask all along!
    In real life, Daniel Craig now wears an Idris Elba mask!
    Idris Elba was Bond all along!
    Daniel Craig doesn't exist!
    Idris Elba doesn't exist!
    Bond doesn't exist!
    Craig Bond got gene therapy at Los Organos clinic to become black -- Craig and Brosnan exist in the same continuity!
    Codename theory is true -- Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig played different people named Bond!
    Craig Bond is the same as Brosnan Bond!
    Pierce Brosnan was wearing a Daniel Craig mask all along!
    Daniel Craig was wearing a Pierce Brosnan mask all along!
    Pierce Brosnan was wearing an Idris Elba mask all along!
    Idris Elba was wearing a Pierce Brosnan mask all along!
    Pierce Brosnan doesn't exist!
    etc.
    etc.

And the mods would have to keep an eye on all these threads. Yes, what a nightmare.

Codename theory is true -- Daniel Craig and Idris Elba play different people named Bond!
    Craig Bond survived and became black!
    In real life, Idris Elba was wearing a Daniel Craig mask all along!
    In real life, Daniel Craig now wears an Idris Elba mask!
    Idris Elba was Bond all along!
    Daniel Craig doesn't exist!
    Idris Elba doesn't exist!
    Bond doesn't exist!
    Craig Bond got gene therapy at Los Organos clinic to become black -- Craig and Brosnan exist in the same continuity!
    Codename theory is true -- Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig played different people named Bond!
    Craig Bond is the same as Brosnan Bond!
    Pierce Brosnan was wearing a Daniel Craig mask all along!
    Daniel Craig was wearing a Pierce Brosnan mask all along!
    Pierce Brosnan was wearing an Idris Elba mask all along!
    Idris Elba was wearing a Pierce Brosnan mask all along!
    Pierce Brosnan doesn't exist!
    etc.
    etc.

And the mods would have to keep an eye on all these threads. Yes, what a nightmare.

Be that as it may, we only need to adapt the iconic line for Elba (as I said above): "My name is James Bond, my child, James Bond." And in a TB remake, he could go to a retirement home instead of a health clinic. And imagine the headlines: "Now James Bond is fighting is greatest adversary yet: arthritis."
    Slim Jim Fassbender

Will-Michael-Fassbender-Be-The-New-James-Bond-01.jpg
    72759412140d38df9b8deaf9d70dbe67.jpg
    the-counselor-michael-fassbender.jpg
    tumblr_pe8fr1d0Id1r4503ao1_1280.jpg

Would be the first bond to actually look Scottish. Looks better in a stubble than Craig did.
    Fassbender is definitely the one that got away. In a different world where Craig quit after SF Fassbender would have been perfect. Sadly, like Elba, probably too old to start now
    Fassbender nearly 4 1/2 years younger than Elba. Fassbender was born 4-2-77 whereas Elba was born 9-6-72. Elba does not show his age much at all, though.