Coronavirus Discussion

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Cheers mate, possibly the Jabs have done there job. I do know of someone who recently died who had no vaccinations who was several years younger than myself in there 30's.

It's sad that some people present the opposite example from their conviction. I'm glad you are okay, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Cheers mate, possibly the Jabs have done there job. I do know of someone who recently died who had no vaccinations who was several years younger than myself in there 30's.

It's sad that some people present the opposite example from their conviction. I'm glad you are okay, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

I can only talk about what I have seen personally though there appears to be a correlation of the severity of symptoms based on whether the person was vaccinated. I know many pre vaccine that were ill or hospitalised, I know many post vaccinations that have only had mild symptoms.

I am good thank you, only had the occasional running nose lasting minutes, it has been very cold here over the last week or so, so that's normal I would not call that a symptom :)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Happy to read you're doing well, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Happy to read you're doing well, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

Cheers mate :)
    I hope the fear that vaccines sporadically and unjustly engender goes away as more experiences like this come out.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Two of my co-workers who were innocked & boosted got what was believed to be a Covid variant a couple of weeks back. Hit both pretty hard, but no hospitalization. They were back this last weekend. One said he might have died if not for the shots- he felt like he was going to WITH them. Both felt no sever effects from the shots other than being achy & one had chills. MY booster had me on my bum for a full day.

I ran a diagnostic & my immune system it reports it's fully prepared for anything, and apologized for the pain the preparations caused me. ;)
    The effects I had from the three vaccinations were negligible. The booster I noticed the most out of the three.
    The effects I had from the three vaccinations were negligible. The booster I noticed the most out of the three.

Same here. A few beers made it all okay though. ;)
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,265
    chrisisall wrote: »

Same here. A few beers made it all okay though. ;)

That's what I will be having as soon as I am free
    Why wait ?
    Gerard wrote: »
    Why wait ?

Alcohol kills Corona. I read that on the internet.
    Isn't Corona made from alcohol?
    Isn't Corona made from alcohol?

Wait- now I'm confused....
    Worry not and have a beer...

ci-corona-extra-22d971897e230884.jpeg
    Worry not and have a beer...

ci-corona-extra-22d971897e230884.jpeg

But which variant? 😉
    I never have beer in at home, I rarely drink these days.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 8,676
    It's always a good sign if people start making jokes about a desaster...which no doubt it is.

Still I'd like to discuss something that I find curious. I absolutely share the scientific fears about the pandemic - no reservations at all. I'm all for the government-ordered measures, have three vaccinations, will freely provide proof for that when necessary etc., and so would be my wife. And if another jab will be required, just let me know and I'll be there ASAP.

Nevertheless, I have never taken a single COVID test of whatever kind so far (no PCR, no antigen, whatever). Except for one occasion (which was on 30 September 2021 when I went to see NTTD at the cinema) no-one ever asked to see the digital proof of my vaccination. OK, I never felt the urge to go to a cinema after that so far, but that's not unusual, since the last movie I went to see before NTTD was SPECTRE.

And I also only know personally only ONE(!) single person, since it started two years ago, who actually was infected with COVID... a cousin of mine, a few years older than me, who suffers from an auto-immune disease and thought she couldn't be vaccinated for that reason. But several months after having (successfully, thank goodness!) gone through a bout with pneumonia (not her first one), tests showed that this was not just another case of pneumonia but a case of COVID-19.

I'm definitely for all reasonable measures against a spread of any further viruses, but nevertheless I'm really surprised I haven't met people who were actually affected so far...though I would certainly put myself among those who do not regularly join crowds and hate mass gatherings and so on.
    My Mother & Father-in-law, & my Brother-in-law & his Wife all got it. Mother-in-law had to be hospitalized, but all pulled through it. My boss' Father got it & died. My Son's friend got it and pulled through. I think we'll all get it, eventually....
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    It's always a good sign if people start making jokes about a desaster...which no doubt it is.

Still I'd like to discuss something that I find curious. I absolutely share the scientific fears about the pandemic - no reservations at all. I'm all for the government-ordered measures, have three vaccinations, will freely provide proof for that when necessary etc., and so would be my wife. And if another jab will be required, just let me know and I'll be there ASAP.

Nevertheless, I have never taken a single COVID test of whatever kind so far (no PCR, no antigen, whatever). Except for one occasion (which was on 30 September 2021 when I went to see NTTD at the cinema) no-one ever asked to see the digital proof of my vaccination. OK, I never felt the urge to go to a cinema after that so far, but that's not unusual, since the last movie I went to see before NTTD was SPECTRE.

And I also only know personally only ONE(!) single person, since it started two years ago, who actually was infected with COVID... a cousin of mine, a few years older than me, who suffers from an auto-immune disease and thought she couldn't be vaccinated for that reason. But several months after having (successfully, thank goodness!) gone through a bout with pneumonia (not her first one), tests showed that this was not just another case of pneumonia but a case of COVID-19.

I'm definitely for all reasonable measures against a spread of any further viruses, but nevertheless I'm really surprised I haven't met people who were actually affected so far...though I would certainly put myself among those who do not regularly join crowds and hate mass gatherings and so on.

I knew acquaintances who had it till 3 months ago. Since then the majority of people I know have caught it especially in December 2020. This is in the UK. We all caught it in my family. I was quite ill. I also reached quite badly to the vaccines. I think we got the tail end of delta. I’m waiting a short while longer till my natural immunity wanes before getting the booster.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    What is the difference between the health situation and the beer market? In the beer market, there are even bigger disasters than Corona.
    I was given all clear today went for a run with sun blazing, I don't cope well with confinement so was great to be out and about again. Whilst isolating trained constantly to keep motivated and fend off depression.
    I was given all clear today went for a run with sun blazing, I don't cope well with confinement so was great to be out and about again. Whilst isolating trained constantly to keep motivated and fend off depression.

Good one. Keep going like that!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Some interesting statistics.
    More interesting statistics.

Kindly explain what's so extraordinary about the statistics on Covid in Kyrghysia (or however it's spelled). Or spare us your links to questionable Internet sources.

Kindly explain what's so extraordinary about the statistics on Covid in Kyrghysia (or however it's spelled). Or spare us your links to questionable Internet sources.

So even fascist Youtube is questionoable for you now? How fascist must it be for you to approve?

(These statistics are from state run institutions, so I agree they are questionable. Probably doctored, but in the opposite way of what you expect)

So even fascist Youtube is questionoable for you now? How fascist must it be for you to approve?

(These statistics are from state run institutions, so I agree they are questionable. Probably doctored, but in the opposite way of what you expect)

Yeah, I agreed they are likely to be questionable and doctored. But what is Fascist about Youtube as such? I have a feeling your definition of "Fascist" and mine do not agree at all. I'd like to elaborate on that but I'd better quit because this is bound to become the next discussion that MI6 is bound to delete. And quite rightly so, giving your contributions. But I'll leave that to the mods.
    One thing about fascists: They like to stifle free speech and censor the truth. I don t care about fascists. You are not my boss.
    edited February 2022 Posts: 8,676
    One thing about fascists: They like to stifle free speech and censor the truth. I don t care about fascists. You are not my boss.

I'm not anybody's boss nor a fascist. It's just that I'm deeply devoted to the feeling that a government has no higher duty than to make sure there is no bodily harm, especially no threat of dying, to its citizens. Even the supposed "freedom" of those who think they don't have to contribute to this goal changes nothing about this. Also, I don't see there is any censorship so far in the Corona discussions and its diverse aspects. It's just that the large majority of (reasonable) people refuse to listen to or accept the arguments of the Corona deniers/non-vaxxers etc., who are still free to spread their nonsense without being taken into custody or otherwise sanctioned, and even at a daily basis. Tell me how this is "censorship". It isn't, since they are free to spout their opinion (aka. nonsense), but will have to meet the fact that the majority doesn't subscribe to it.