The Matrix (1999 - present)

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Yes, you can hate me now... I haven't seen a single Matrix movie. The trailer for Resurrections hasn't done anything to change that...
  • JamesCraig wrote: »
    Yes, you can hate me now... I haven't seen a single Matrix movie. The trailer for Resurrections hasn't done anything to change that...
    You should give the first one a try :)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    JamesCraig wrote: »

It's an acquired taste IMO. I probably wouldn't have gotten into the series now as opposed to 2003 when Reloaded came out.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Loved the first one. But only that one.
    Now reading initial reviews from Japan (audience, not critics) and it is ... VERY poorly received here; simply judging from the small sample I read. People disliking it. A lot. But I have not yet read further reviews. Does not bode well, though.

I do want to see it because I like Keanu.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A few sample reviews out of Japan won't spell pure doom and gloom for me, as I've seen lots of positive early reactions too (though, as always, not really a surprise for the most part). This is one of my most anticipated films of the year.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A few sample reviews out of Japan won't spell pure doom and gloom for me, as I've seen lots of positive early reactions too (though, as always, not really a surprise for the most part). This is one of my most anticipated films of the year.

Me too. It may not be a movie that non-English speaking moviegoers understand easily. Remember- to most Neo & Trinity are dead. That this is not a direct sequel to Revolutions might be very confusing....
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Yeah I dont care how it's reviewed either. I've been waiting since 2003 for this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Yeah I dont care how it's reviewed either. I've been waiting since 2003 for this.

You and I both. It's been a long time coming and I never thought I'd see the day. I couldn't be more excited.

You and I both. It's been a long time coming and I never thought I'd see the day. I couldn't be more excited.

In Terminator terms:
    Best case scenario it will be like T2.
    Worst case scenario it will be like Terminator Salvation.
    Either way it will be good for me. ;)
  • chrisisall wrote: »

Me too. It may not be a movie that non-English speaking moviegoers understand easily. Remember- to most Neo & Trinity are dead. That this is not a direct sequel to Revolutions might be very confusing....

I am very interested in seeing how the story continues given where Revolutions left things. There are of course all kinds of possibilities within the world of The Matrix. I'm very nostalgic for these movies as well. Hoping for the best out of this new iteration.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Quite a few positive reviews here...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2021/12/the-matrix-resurrections-first-reactions-1234686455/amp/

Personality I already know I will love the film.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2021/12/the-matrix-resurrections-first-reactions-1234686455/amp/

Your personality cannot know that you will love the film.
    But I personally know I will love the film.

:P
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,327
    chrisisall wrote: »

Predictive text lol on my mobile

---
    Due to commitments looks like I won't be able to see Matrix 4 until January 3rd and there appears to be no Home Cinema release in the UK as an alternative option.

I hate proteolytic text.
  • Got my tickets to see it opening night with a few family members. Really excited for this one :D
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

I hate proteolytic text.

Haha! I think you meant proteolytic text.
    Pctvideire txet nveer wrkos peplorry on my ponhe
  • mattjoes wrote: »

I hate proteolytic text.

Haha! I think you meant proteolytic text.

Sacred blue! That is what I Mentos!
    Pctvideire txet nveer wrkos peplorry on my ponhe

Thanks to pctvideire txet that is how I naturally write everything on a keyboard these days.
    I'm probably going to see it Sunday the 26th. Christmas plans from Wednesday to Saturday isn't going to allow me to.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2021 Posts: 4,441
    Dutch cinema's just closed at 17.00 and for now wil not be open till 15 January 2022. But last year on 15 December 2020 cinemas closed and remean closed till 05 June. Of course then a lot of people must stil get a injection, that's difrent this time.

New release date for now is 15 January 2022, but expect a delay. Matrix 4 will possible straight to BD release in The Netherlands, second time after Wonder Woman 1984 if Warner not delay it longer. If i was them i delay movie till May 2022.
    The Matrix is a trans-metaphor? Okay, I can see that. Never thought of it that way, but that what great art is: something meaningful to lots of different people...
    The Matrix is a trans-metaphor? Okay, I can see that. Never thought of it that way, but that what great art is: something meaningful to lots of different people...

I had heard of this. That is really cool the Wachowskis managed to tell a really personal, metaphorical story ahead of its time at the level of a blockbuster. And it's a theme that has universal appeal: this idea that life has to be a certain way just because we're told it does and that with a change of perspective the world can both look like and become something very different from what you thought it was.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 17,691
    Matrix Resurrections was da bomb. An absolute must-see. No, not the stellar classic the first one is, but an amazing finale. It kind of freed me to want to watch them all in order now & actually sort of legitimizes the third film, which I have until today hated with a burning passion.
    Thank you, Lana!!!!
    Previous ratings:
    Matrix 1- 10
    M2- 7
    M3- 2
    Revised ratings:
    Matrix 1- 10
    M2 -7
    M3- 5
    Matrix Resurrections- 7
    Matrix Resurrections was da bomb. An absolute must-see. No, not the stellar classic the first one is, but an amazing finale. It kind of freed me to want to watch them all in order now & actually sort of legitimizes the third film, which I have until today hated with a burning passion.
    Thank you, Lana!!!!
    Previous ratings:
    Matrix 1- 10
    M2- 7
    M3- 2
    Revised ratings:
    Matrix 1- 10
    M2 -7
    M3- 5
    Matrix Resurrections- 7

Glad to see you liked it. I'm excited to see it on Sunday
    Any film that improves Revolutions needs to be commended.
    Thank you, Lana!!!!
    Previous ratings:
    Matrix 1- 10
    M2- 7
    M3- 2
    Revised ratings:
    Matrix 1- 10
    M2 -7
    M3- 5
    Matrix Resurrections- 7

As good as Reloaded and helps improve Revolutions? That is a feat indeed!
    Biggest disappointment: the songs were not so excellent as in the first. Minor quibble....
  • Songs or score? I know Don Davis didn't return and he was a huge part of what made the original films so great.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I liked it, but didn’t love it.

Might be on par with REVOLUTIONS (which I’ve come to appreciate over the years).

The disappointment for me is that the action doesn’t match up with the previous three. Maybe that was due to the missing Wachowski, which is too bad. Still, it was pretty entertaining and am not against seeing where it goes next.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I won't be able to see the film due to local cinemas closing for a while (pandemic.) Such a bummer. Matrix fan since day one.