The Matrix (1999 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Starting my rewatch of the trilogy this week, I'm excited. I love these movies so much and Resurrections has been one of my most anticipated of the year since it was announced. I hope it rocks.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks great. I wonder if this will be the last.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Looks great. I wonder if this will be the last.

It's out in two weeks. I feel it has to be. But hot damn this looks epic
    I've heard no discussion about what comes after, so I fear it'll be the last, but I'd really love to see a new trilogy spawned from this, provided Resurrections justifies one.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've heard no discussion about what comes after, so I fear it'll be the last, but I'd really love to see a new trilogy spawned from this, provided Resurrections justifies one.

They could always make some more Animatrix. Huge source of expanded universe material there.
    I’d love a new trilogy. I’m split 50/50 on if this is the final one or they make two more. It looks like it’s going to be incredible to watch on the big screen.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2021 Posts: 12,459
    I truly loved the first Matrix, and was heavily disappointed in the next two.
    So much so I've rather blocked them out; cannot recall them. I'll revisit both in the next month. I'm VERY excited there is a new Matrix film, and I hope to see it in the theater when it opens.

What does he say at the end of the trailer? I can't catch it.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I truly loved the first Matrix, and was heavily disappointed in the next two.
    So much so I've rather blocked them out; cannot recall them. I'll revisit both in the next month. I'm VERY excited there is a new Matrix film, and I hope to see it in the theater when it opens.

What does he say at the end of the trailer? I can't catch it.

"I still know Kung-fu"
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I coukd not resist, I want the movie score now.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Don Davis isn't doing the score, is he?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Don Davis isn't doing the score, is he?

Not looked into it, though that's dissapointing. Though the music in the trailer I liked.

I listen to a few of the trilogy themes almost daily as they are on my training play list.
    I love Davis' Matrix scores. Thrilling, dissonant, powerful... I will miss his sound.

I also hope for more anime, especially since The Matrix borrowed heavily from Ghost In The Shell and other cyber punk.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,327
    I love Davis' Matrix scores. Thrilling, dissonant, powerful... I will miss his sound.

I also hope for more anime, especially since The Matrix borrowed heavily from Ghost In The Shell and other cyber punk.

Hopefully this will be a big hit and lead to another film or trilogy, hoping for more Animatrax and other spinoff's.

In a market dominated by Marvel it's difficult to tell how this new generation will respond to the Matrix 4.

I was lucky enough to see all of the original trilogy in the cinema countless times, I was quite obsessed with the films and its lore and deep references and philosophy within the movies.

I even wrote an essay on the trilogy in my film studies module at university.

Hopefully this will be a big hit and lead to another film or trilogy, hoping for more Animatrax and other spinoff's.

In a market dominated by Marvel it's difficult to tell how this new generation will respond to the Matrix 4.

I was lucky enough to see all of the original trilogy in the cinema countless times, I was quite obsessed with the films and its lore and deep references and philosophy within the movies.

I went to see them all several times too. I even did my best to see all the Animatrix bits in theaters but I missed a few.

I have read many a thesis / paper on these films. What was yours about?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The first Matrix is in my top ten movies of all time. As this new film is sort of a sequel to only the first, I fully expect it to be there too. But, y'know, not setting my expectations too high or anything... :P
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The first Matrix is in my top ten movies of all time. As this new film is sort of a sequel to only the first, I fully expect it to be there too. But, y'know, not setting my expectations too high or anything... :P

There are definitely going to be returning characters from the sequels.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    chrisisall wrote: »

There are definitely going to be returning characters from the sequels.

Monica?????????????
    Trailer 2 Music

I went to see them all several times too. I even did my best to see all the Animatrix bits in theaters but I missed a few.

I have read many a thesis / paper on these films. What was yours about?

Distopian futures, control and nihilism, 1984 as well as others science fiction novels and films I commented on.

Regarding systems of control the new films timing is impeccable.

---

The trailer that got me hyped for these films, I was a huge fan of Dark City at the time a good film that later got blew out of the water by The Matrix ...

My favourite scene from the films, simply because most of it is stunt work...

• My favourite scene from the films, simply because most of it is stunt work...

Oh yes, that whole segment of the film, from first meeting the Merovingian all the way through the end of the freeway chase (or heck, even though the end of the film) is just stunning. I really think The Matrix Reloaded is a very underrated film.
    My favourite scene from the films, simply because most of it is stunt work...

Oh yes, that whole segment of the film, from first meeting the Merovingian all the way through the end of the freeway chase (or heck, even though the end of the film) is just stunning. I really think The Matrix Reloaded is a very underrated film.

The clunky slow start does not help though once Neo gets out of Zion the film picks up pace it is pretty relentless.
    The Matrix Awakens Game Trailer

---
    Game Awards Clip from The Matrix Resurrections Spoilers!
    Has anyone played that tech demo yet? I legitimately can't believe how fantastic it looks, like you're playing a proper cutscene or something. Jaw-dropping stuff, I'm loving it.
  • The Matrix Awakens Game Trailer

---
    Game Awards Clip from The Matrix Resurrections Spoilers!

That looks great. I haven’t played many video games in the last year, but am very tempted to pick this up :D
    Has anyone played that tech demo yet? I legitimately can't believe how fantastic it looks, like you're playing a proper cutscene or something. Jaw-dropping stuff, I'm loving it.

I watched someone playing it, the city looks great. unfortunately I tried to download it though its not available on Xbox One X, first time I have considered upgrading my console after watching the game.

---

Extended Demo...

I loved the almost meta-interactivity of the opening, then thought it was going to be nothing more than an on-rails chase shooter, which was disappointing, only to get to that city sequence and have my jaw drop in awe at the detail. I could fly around it, admiring the view for hours.
    I loved the almost meta-interactivity of the opening, then thought it was going to be nothing more than an on-rails chase shooter, which was disappointing, only to get to that city sequence and have my jaw drop in awe at the detail. I could fly around it, admiring the view for hours.

The city scape was stunning and a bit eerie what can be achieved now, I have been looking into getting an Xbox Series X though they are almost impossible to get hold of here without paying ridiculous money. The Xbox series S is an option though in some ways its not much better than my Xbox One X.

I have not looked into getting a PS5, not sure I want to run both an Xbox and a Playstation.

The city scape was stunning and a bit eerie what can be achieved now, I have been looking into getting an Xbox Series X though they are almost impossible to get hold of here without paying ridiculous money. The Xbox series S is an option though in some ways its not much better than my Xbox One X.

I have not looked into getting a PS5, not sure I want to run both an Xbox and a Playstation.

Agreed. The PS5 is enough for me. I’d love a new Xbox just for the new Halo but even that sounds like it’s having problems and I wouldn’t want to spend that much money just to juggle two different consoles all the time.