Have you noticed any bloopers in NTTD?

Comments

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    I guess it’s why I was a mod. But truthfully, that’s why I stepped down. The unending sea of sniping and viciousness, no matter what I did, no matter how many fires I put out. The personal anger. It just doesn’t stop.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 526
    Minion wrote: »
    I can empathize with that. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep one’s cool around dumb. Literally, @sworddevil1 just suggested providing a freeze frame as proof of something you’d only be able to see in motion (something which doesn’t actually happen, mind you). It beggars belief that he can’t even stick to legitimate critiques of NTTD but has to resort to making stuff up. For his sake I hope he’s trolling, because the alternative paints a pretty dim image.

Look, see whatever the hell you want to see. I don’t care. It doesn’t make me a dime either way. I came on this board to talk and enjoy things James Bond. I have met some incredibly nice people like @Birdleson and @ObradyMObondfanatic. Then there are others questioning someone’s intelligence over the validity of a scene. I don’t like NTTD, some of you do. So what? Are you that insecure in your own skin? I saw what I saw. Has nothing to do with whether I like the movie or dislike it. Others have seen it too.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Minion your comments to @sworddevil1 are uncalled for and rude. Whether you have less patience or a shorter fuse than other members, does not give you the right to call other people dumb.
    We will as fans always agree on differing points within the Bond series. It's one of the many reasons I enjoy being a Bond fan, the endless debate it brings.
    In future, I will ask that such personal attacks remain in your mind, and not on the forum.
    Thank you.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,165
    What you’re describing simply didn’t happen, I’m sorry. In a moment of high tension, Bond’s lips are quivering because his daughter is in danger; he’s not mouthing Rami Malek’s lines for no reason which somehow nobody in editing caught before sending the film off to theaters. The mere suggestion of that is absurd.
    So that message got through.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    @sworddevil1 i know you asked for a freeze frame of this part of the film, if you still want it, let me know and I can grab it for you.
    @NickTwentyTwo , thanks, but I will just wait until I see it again. What do you think he’s saying, if anything, during the scene in question?
    Personally I don’t think he’s saying anything in that moment, I’ve watched it over a few times and I can’t see any specific words.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,165
    His lips are trembling, I can promise you nothing is being said. At best you could make an argument he’s mouthing something reassuring to Matilde, but it isn’t Rami’s line. I’m sure you’ll agree once you’ve watched the film again.
    I have a daughter and she was raised speaking 3 languages including english, that she was proficient by the age of 6 just watching, out of all things, Bond films. There's no problem with the end scene, it's realistic. Kids learn at a very fast rate languages that they hear, to the point that I think languages should be teach before they know how to write, not when they are 11 or up which is too late.
    Also I may add, by the time she got to the Brosnan ones, she had this quotable line about the Bond formula: "Bond, first he kiss the lady, then he fights a bad guy, then he drinks champagne, they he fight the bad guy again, then he kiss the girl then he drinks champagne again, then the end". Pretty much sums up all the film up to Brosnan.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Just got back from watching the film. There is no doubt in my mind that Bond looked at the girl and mouthed something to her, perhaps something like "It'll be okay". I saw full mouth movements there, not trembling lips.

Didn't spot any bloopers though.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    To me Madeleine speaking French to Mathilde is mother protecting daughter, simple as that. Same with her comment
    She's not yours.
    We all know what's true or should, it's an example of her attempt to insulate and protect the girl from the danger that will surely come.

Speaking in English at film's end the danger is gone, and the girl can learn everything without that threat in the shadows.

Iv only seen the film once so don’t remember much of that scene but I seem to recall Safin making his villain speech and Bond mouthing to his daughter something along the lines of “ It’ll be ok “.Is that what everyone’s on about? If that’s the case it’s not a blooper.

I’m sure there are errors in there.All films have them.Just sit tight and wait for the inevitable Cinemasins video!
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    Iv only seen the film once so don’t remember much of that scene but I seem to recall Safin making his villain speech and Bond mouthing to his daughter something along the lines of “ It’ll be ok “.Is that what everyone’s on about? If that’s the case it’s not a blooper.

I’m sure there are errors in there.All films have them.Just sit tight and wait for the inevitable Cinemasins video!

Oh man, good call, I love their videos. Hope they make one for NTTD!
  • Minion wrote: »
    His lips are trembling, I can promise you nothing is being said. At best you could make an argument he’s mouthing something reassuring to Matilde, but it isn’t Rami’s line. I’m sure you’ll agree once you’ve watched the film again.

Yea, I took it to be his lips involuntarily moving due to the tension, and 'thinking out loud' in an incredibly testing situation. It's Craig's acting - wanting to convey the helplessness of the scene.
    I hate what they did with the story, but his acting is superb in this film. I sparkles, I think.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    Bond mouthing what Safin says. If you read his lips, he says word for word what Safin is saying. I still can’t believe they didn’t catch that. I noticed the first and the second time. There’s no mistake about it. It’s a terrible error.

The fact you think he's mouthing what Safin is saying is the real error here, @sworddevil1 =)) If you're going to critique NTTD, pick something that actually happens in the movie. \:D/

I’ve critiqued plenty about NTTD. When we get a freeze frame, you’ll see that he is saying what Safin said. I can’t wait to see your reply when it happens. Do you prefer salt or pepper with your crow?

Just so I'm clear on the rules here, @DarthDimi, @Benny, @Birdleson, this tone is okay?

Personally, this dogpiling on @Minion leaves a sour taste in my mouth. He only said an idea was dim, not any person.

And if @Minion's frustrations mirror my own in any way, it's only because lately this forum seems to be becoming a very negative place. "NTTD sucks and here's why, what went wrong and made TND suck, time to get rid of P&W because they suck, Craig's acting sucks, Craig's soap opera run sucks, creative decisions in the new film suck, QOS editing and direction suck, Safin sucks", and it feels like it goes on and on and on. And if I'm honest, it does feel like it's fueled by an influx of new members that seem overwhelmingly negative about things (at least in the discussions I've seen).

I could be only seeing things one way and not for how they really are, and I'm sure there's positivity in the forums too somewhere, and quite frankly the idea of taking yet another hiatus away from the forums feels exhausting, but maybe that's the thing to do until this negativity and antagonism runs out of steam.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 214
    This is why I wish this place had an IGNORE/BLOCK feature....there are those who honestly just stink up the conversation with negativity, trolling, absurdity... yet I was told it's unnecessary here...possibly the only forum I've ever seen that decision taken on. I've also found some Mod intervention to be biased as illustrated above.

If I could filter out the Craig not Bond / NTTD not Bond rubbish, it would save headaches, flaming, by just bypassing its source completely.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,449
    Bond mouthing what Safin says. If you read his lips, he says word for word what Safin is saying. I still can’t believe they didn’t catch that. I noticed the first and the second time. There’s no mistake about it. It’s a terrible error.

The fact you think he's mouthing what Safin is saying is the real error here, @sworddevil1 =)) If you're going to critique NTTD, pick something that actually happens in the movie. \:D/

I’ve critiqued plenty about NTTD. When we get a freeze frame, you’ll see that he is saying what Safin said. I can’t wait to see your reply when it happens. Do you prefer salt or pepper with your crow?

Just so I'm clear on the rules here, @DarthDimi, @Benny, @Birdleson, this tone is okay?

Personally, this dogpiling on @Minion leaves a sour taste in my mouth. He only said an idea was dim, not any person.

Agreed, @NickTwentyTwo, though I'm sure I wasn't contributing to any dogpiling. Perhaps I should've phrased things differently. My big issue is that escalation happens on both sides. The haters have the pitchforks out, the lovers bring the torches. I'm a huge fan of NTTD, and I decided weeks ago to turn my back on the "haters". Especially after some folks who criticised NTTD confessed they haven't even seen the film, I decided I'm better than this--way better. Suddenly these NTTD threads lost their appeal for me since I had been trying to reason with unmovable brick walls rather than with people who actually knew what they were talking about.

But likewise, some people can't take the least bit of criticism. Criticism, negativity, ... are still allowed. Unpleasant though they may be, they are not in violation of our rules; opinions rarely are. And I still wouldn't worry about this forum; compared to other places on the Internet, from the YT comment section to the low-IQ sewer pits that are Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, we're a peaceful community of likeminded 007 cultists.

Still, the problem is how annoyingly emotional and sensitive people can get over this. It usually takes a few posts before the place turns into a cockfight. I myself have said what I have to say about NTTD--nothing but positive things!--and right now, several other threads are so much more interesting to me.

Is there "too much negativity"? I think it comes in waves, honestly. Some days the lovers are more vocal, other days the haters take over. A lot of conflict and emotionality can be avoided by not always replying to a post one staunchly disagrees with.

Also, why a hiatus? It's a reaction I've simply never understood. We've got hundreds of good threads here; why leave because two or three of them are not such a happy place all the time?

All I can say is, be the smarter person. If you feel like the other guy is going off his rocker, why stoop to his level? Shrug it off, turn your back, post new thoughts and don't give in to the temptation to reply to every single post that triggers your pulse. But when things are escalating, we step in, and then both sides are addressed, some publicly (in an attempt to stop things from getting worse), some privately. It's never a case of "he started it!" because this isn't kindergarten. And yes, mods sometimes post as members, and sometimes as mods. In the latter case, we care about de-escalating conflicts, not about who started what. After all, "who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" And if we do single out troublemakers, we'll step up our vigilance towards them. To be honest, I'm rather pleased with the calm way we have so far experienced the release of NTTD. In 2012 and 2015, several bans had to be issued because of folks who took their opinion of SF and SP far too seriously.

Anyway, I'm sorry if @Minion feels targeted; that wasn't my intent and I apologize. If @sworddevil1 gets rude, flag his post and move on. If he isn't getting rude, just being annoying in your mind, don't flag but still move on. If you feel like ugly fights are imminent, well, move on. In fact, rather than force a hiatus on yourself, just move on. Moving on is easy. "It lends perspective." I'm hanging out in other threads now, with folks who spent a few good weeks discussing NTTD and then moved on. The dust will eventually settle and both haters and lovers will meet each other "in the middle". Then most of us will come back, order another round, sit down and share some laughs and some good debate.

Anyway, once again, I apologize if Minion feels that he took the blame for an escalation that more than one person contributed to.
    This is why I wish this place had an IGNORE/BLOCK feature....there are those who honestly just stink up the conversation with negativity, trolling, absurdity... yet I was told it's unnecessary here...possibly the only forum I've ever seen that decision taken on. I've also found some Mod intervention to be biased as illustrated above.

If I could filter out the Craig not Bond / NTTD not Bond rubbish, it would save headaches, flaming, by just bypassing its source completely.

Well, I'm sure there are other Bond forums where people can seek sanctity if they are bothered with our lack of childish IGNORE/BLOCK features, our layout or mod interventions that feel biased (but aren't).

Lastly, if one feels the need to bypass opposing opinions, I wonder why one wants to join a forum anyway. Discussion forums invite conflicting views; the notion that only people who agree on everything will gather is ludicrously naive. What matters is how one deals with that.
    15991358725f50e08086237.png

"Letting go is hard." :))

Thanks for the response @DarthDimi.
    Thanks. @DarthDimi and @Benny I have to get used to leaving things to you guys. It’s still hard for me not to butt into every altercation I come across. I’ll get there.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,449
    My pleasure, @NickTwentyTwo. Trust me, I know better than anyone how annoying negativity can be when it concerns our own personal darlings. I've spent the past 6 years trying to cope with a lot of (IMO unfair) negativity towards SP. Anything SP (music, song, acting, cinematography, ...) drops to the bottom of many lists, just because it's SP. Then again, others will no doubt be very annoyed with my negativity towards NSNA. We can keep going on like that forever. To be honest, I think we notice negativity more and sooner than we notice positivity. There's a lot of that on this forum too. It just tends to escape our notice much more.

My prediction is that in a few months from now, most discussions concerning NTTD will tend towards the positive. Criticisms will still be voiced (and that is perfectly okay) but we'll all care much less about each other's opinions, no matter how extreme sometimes.

What I do mind is @MrsAuralSects's accusation that the mods are prejudiced or biased. In all fairness, I think we let a lot of things slide on both sides. And demands for IGNORE/BLOCK features say a lot about the lost art of agreeing-to-disagree in our society. What's next, a "like" button? If people can't handle opposing views, perhaps an Internet forum is not for them. They can always resort to blogging...

Anyway, thanks for being cool about this, @NickTwentyTwo. I'm not too proud to admit I may have been too fast telling @Minion to tone down.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Thanks. @DarthDimi and @Benny I have to get used to leaving things to you guys. It’s still hard for me not to butt into every altercation I come across. I’ll get there.

Nobody knows what you're doing yet, @Birdleson, pretending you're no longer a mod and whatnot. But if I'm LeChiffre and @Benny is Greene, then you are our Blofeld. One day you'll come out of the shadows to rule us all... ;-)

I know I definitely need to learn to avoid conflicts here more, and as you say, just shift focus elsewhere. If I'm honest I think I'm insecure because I don't feel I contribute a lot here, not as much as other members, so maybe I compensate by voicing strong counter-opinions... not sure. I'll figure it out.

I know I definitely need to learn to avoid conflicts here more, and as you say, just shift focus elsewhere. If I'm honest I think I'm insecure because I don't feel I contribute a lot here, not as much as other members, so maybe I compensate by voicing strong counter-opinions... not sure. I'll figure it out.

Trust me, that is not the case. ;-) You have no reason to worry about anything, friend.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »

Well, I'm sure there are other Bond forums where people can seek sanctity if they are bothered with our lack of childish IGNORE/BLOCK features, our layout or mod interventions that feel biased (but aren't).

Seems quite likely I'm afraid.....it's not pleasant posting here with this going on, and your descriptive of the feature being 'childish'....which is a bit cringe-worthy.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Seems quite likely I'm afraid.....it's not pleasant posting here with this going on, and your descriptive of the feature being 'childish'....which is a bit cringe-worthy.

What's not childish about the digital equivalent of putting one's fingers in one's ears and closing one's eyes when another person is saying something you disagree with? Anyway, let me set a fine example by moving on. 😉
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 565
    @DarthDimi , I think you've just exposed a key factor into how society has degraded to where we are now (not being able to talk at the dinner table). Confirmation bias is rampant and I think a lot of it is because we can so easily block out things we simply don't like or agree with.

I agree with you whole heartedly. We don't need a block button. We need to learn to deal with others, not just shut them down or ban them into oblivion. This leads to intolerance and extremist mindsets. Thank you.

Anyway, during my viewing, I thought he was trying to comfort Mathilde. It seemed pretty obvious at the time, but I guess I'll have to reexamine...
    JamesStock wrote: »
    @DarthDimi , I think you've just exposed a key factor into how society has degraded to where we are now (not being able to talk at the dinner table). Confirmation bias is rampant and I think a lot of it is because we can so easily block out things we simply don't like or agree with.

I agree with you whole heartedly. We don't need a block button. We need to learn to deal with others, not just shut them down. This leads to intolerance and extremist mindsets. Thank.
    THANK YOU! 😄
    I cannot stress this enough: if people want to write crap and then hide behind buttons that say "unfriend", "block", "ignore"...; in other words, if people want to communicate without communicating...; in still other words, if people are afraid of confronting others while speaking up ..., why not blog or Tweet or "facebook"? That's what they are for: spit, and then run before getting spat on in turn. But here we talk. We converse. We discuss. An essential part of that is learning to cope with the fact that some opinions can't be swayed no matter how good your arguments or how many exclamation marks in a row. And if that depresses you, move on.

Besides, people who want to ignore or block others can always retire to private chatrooms with their favourite members. Inner circles and all that. Little danger of having to talk to someone you disagree with. 😄
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    I will say, though, there's something to be said for quality of discourse. But to your points, I think the best way to find good quality discourse is to ignore the noise and seek out those who really make you think and challenge your thoughts and ideas in a constructive way. I'm a big fan of NTTD, ending and all, and there have been a few good conversations about the implications for the franchise ongoing from some who didn't like the ending, or otherwise have strong negative opinions about it / NTTD at large.
    I suppose it just feels like currently there is a bit more noise to sift through. And it can be hard to not get pulled in from time to time.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 526
    I first posted here during the initial release of NTTD. I didn’t dream that the movie would go in the direction that it did. I probably started here at the wrong time, and my emotions have been strong about my position. So I didn’t get off on the right foot to start with. It’s obvious that the temperature of this forum is running high, as I think we can agree, the movie can be divisive. And as for the notion that new members have been negative toward NTTD : that may be so. But, with any organization (or forum), I.e., if new folks don’t join, eventually the entity will cease to exist because there won’t be anyone to participate. Also, some personality types just don’t gel, and that’s easy to see on a forum. To be honest, my experience on this forum has not been very pleasant thus far. I could go into the reasons, but that would be futile and fruitless. I recall when I first started posting that an experienced member quit because he did not like NTTD, and that was thoroughly distasteful to witness. A wolfe pack type mentality drove him off. I am done commenting on NTTD, and I will leave it in the hands of others to do so. All this conflict is exhausting.