Going away or coming back?

Comments

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :D and welcome back @NickTwentyTwo! Glad to see you’re here too!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I’m coming back in a limited capacity as well it looks like. Can’t stay away.

A little early. I expected you back in TwentyTwo.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I’m coming back in a limited capacity as well it looks like. Can’t stay away.

A little early. I expected you back in TwentyTwo.

Hopefully when hindsight is TwentyTwenty I'll be glad I came back early.

Thanks everyone!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Glad you're back, @NickTwentyTwo! I've missed that avatar, too - one of my favourites on here.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 7,526
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Glad you're back, @NickTwentyTwo! I've missed that avatar, too - one of my favourites on here.

Thanks! Made the gunbarrel bit myself.
    EDIT: Ah, you can’t really see that part anywhere it seems.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome back @NickTwentyTwo good to see you.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes Good to see your Back ....... Sorry
    Good to see you're Back @NickTwentyTwo
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Welcome back @FoxRox and @NickTwentyTwo! Good to see veterans return!

At the end of the day, there's no one in "real life" with whom to discuss Bond with the gusto of these forums!

Thank you :)

At the end of the day, there's no one in "real life" with whom to discuss Bond with the gusto of these forums!

So true!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Indeed, nothing but truth in that statement!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Sadly this is true. Maybe it's just as well. I can't half go on about James Bond once you get me started. ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Taking a short hiatus to avoid NTTD chatter until I have seen the film. I have managed to avoid most details on the movie, I ain't going to jeopardise that now that's for sure.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Perfectly understandable @Fire_and_Ice_Returns just don't stay away too long.
    I might take a break if it all gets to spoilery between now and November 11th.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Enjoy your downtime @Fire_and_Ice_Returns .
    Luckily I'm seeing it later tonight, so only have to avoid it for a while
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Thanks @Benny and @Thunderpussy I was set to watch NTTD on Friday though due to now having to go into work it likely will have to be Sunday, unless I can get to the early showing Saturday.

My gut feeling is this will be a great Bond film so need to shut everything Bond related out.
  • I accidentally spoilt the whole six year wait for some people (I think, but I don't know it until I see people have gone nuts at me) so I don't think this is the right place for me right now. I will come back whenever I feel like I can show up around here again (I'll probably be banned long before that). Once again, my most sincere apologies to anyone I potentially spoilt the film for.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I accidentally spoilt the whole six year wait for some people (I think, but I don't know it until I see people have gone nuts at me) so I don't think this is the right place for me right now. I will come back whenever I feel like I can show up around here again (I'll probably be banned long before that). Once again, my most sincere apologies to anyone I potentially spoilt the film for.

No need to feel hostility from others, just need to recognize that there are proper locations for discussing spoilers. It's not even that you took that conversation into another NTTD thread accidentally, but a thread that has nothing to do with the discussion of the film and then revealed spoilers. We don't want you to feel unwelcome, that sort of thing can happen when a new Bond film is released, but please try to watch where you discuss such things and use spoiler tags when you do. Thanks.
  • I don't feel hostility thank you, I think the main problem for me is that by being impulsive and trying to help someone, I might have spoilt something very special for several people. Might try and just take a break for a month or two. Thanks again.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't feel hostility thank you, I think the main problem for me is that by being impulsive and trying to help someone, I might have spoilt something very special for several people. Might try and just take a break for a month or two. Thanks again.

I think everyone who saw your comment had either seen the film already or knew about it to begin with. It's not a big deal, I spoiler tagged it for you fairly shortly after you posted it. Just try and be careful, is all, no need to leave during the best time to be on the forums: the release of a new installment.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 15,803
    I don't think you should leave, @Quantum_of_Tomorrow. I really appreciated your comforting words. I was rather riled up last night and had felt like a kick to the gut. I think because I had started out making jokey spoiler comments that I thought were funny, I blew it for myself and ended up stumbling across real spoilers. So that put me in a negative mind frame. My own fault.
    I do hope you chose to stay. You've have wonderful posts here.
  • Take zero blame for yourself please @ToTheRight, that was my responsibility. I am very busy at the moment so I will barely be posting but I'm excited to read the reviews of NTTD.
    Oh do stay, Quantum_of_Tomorrow, or you'll miss my rant about Trevelyan in the Villains poll!!😁
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Oh do stay, Quantum_of_Tomorrow, or you'll miss my rant about Trevelyan in the Villains poll!!😁

I've drafted one as well. :)) Can't wait to see what you write!

And do stay, Quantum, I enjoy your input on things. Stick around!
    I might have to take a leave almost as soon as I got back. I’ve been implied to be a creep, toxic, and ganged up for differing opinions on culture and the new Bond film. I’m sorely disappointed.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    A new bond film always brings that stuff out. Stop being all those things and maybe I won’t have to smack you around so much.

Et tu, Brute.
    Going away soon, until I can see NTTD, to avoid spoilers. Was supposed to go tomorrow but with petrol panic here and since my boy has been sick, it might not be possible.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Sorry to hear that, @Ludovico - hope things are better for you soon!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I might have to take a leave almost as soon as I got back. I’ve been implied to be a creep, toxic, and ganged up for differing opinions on culture and the new Bond film. I’m sorely disappointed.

I don t understand this post. If you re a toxic creep, surely you fit right in?