Quick Big Mi6 Main Villain Ranking Game

GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
in Trivia & Games Posts: 6,758
We've considered several ways to approach this little game since some films have a more ambiguous approach to 'the main villain', I've tried to keep things simple and composed the following list:

Doctor Julius No
Rosa Klebb
Auric Goldfinger
Emilio Largo
Dr. Noah aka Jimmy Bond
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (YOLT)
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS)
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (DAF)
Doctor Ross Kananga
Francisco Scaramanga
Karl Stromberg
Hugo Drax
Aristotle Kristatos
Kamal Khan
Maximilian Largo
Max Zorin
General Georgi Koskov
Brad Whitaker
Franz Sanchez
Alec Trevelyan
Elliott Carver
Elektra King
Gustav Graves
Le Chiffre
Dominic Greene
Raoul Silva
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (SP)

They are all your's now, have fun ranking them ;)

Let's say Sunday 15/8 00h00 is the submission deadline.

Cheers,
GG

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I de-announced the music thread and announced this one. A new playground has opened up to us. ;-)
    27: Dr. Noah aka Jimmy Bond
    26: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (DAF)
    25: Gustav Graves
    24: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (SP)
    23: Emilo Largo
    22: Dominic Greene
    21: Brad Whitaker
    20: Hugo Drax
    19: Maximilian Largo
    18: Karl Stromberg
    17: Max Zorin
    16: Aristotle Kristatos
    15: Rosa Klebb
    14: Francisco Scaramanga
    13: General Georgi Koskov
    12: Elliott Carver
    11: Auric Goldfinger
    10: Elektra King
    9: Doctor Ross Kananga
    8: Doctor Julius No
    7: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (YOLT)
    6: Kamal Khan
    5: Raoul Silva
    4: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS)
    3: Alec Trevelyan
    2: Le Chiffre
    1: Franz Sanchez
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think it is better to pm rankings to @GoldenGun. That way, the result remains a surprise. 😉
    With the number of participants, my one list being public knowledge doesn't really make the results predictable. I prefer posting mine.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 6,844
    While there are a small handful in the bottom half I would have had several places higher, that's a darn good list, @StirredNotShaken.

Edit: Or was that ShakenNotStirred? I did get that correct, didn't I?
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    I think TMWTGG and AVTAK are going to be the real standouts here — meaning they will far outperform their respective films.
    While there are a small handful in the bottom half I would have had several places higher, that's a darn good list, @StirredNotShaken.

Edit: Or was that ShakenNotStirred? I did get that correct, didn't I?

I'll tell you, this is the first time in a good 15 years that Sanchez has faced a legitimate threat to his throne on my list - Mikkelsen gives what might be the best performance outside of Bond actors themselves in the series - but I just find Sanchez the EVER so slightly more fascinating character study, and we also get more of him which is a minor point in his favor as well.

I wonder, will I be the person who has Kamal Khan ranked the highest? That top 5 is pretty much unbreakable ground for me.
  • I wonder, will I be the person who has Kamal Khan ranked the highest? That top 5 is pretty much unbreakable ground for me.

Possibly, but I suspect my current #6 may be the highest that character is ranked here. I surprised even myself placing that one so high.
    I wonder, will I be the person who has Kamal Khan ranked the highest? That top 5 is pretty much unbreakable ground for me.

Possibly, but I suspect my current #6 may be the highest that character is ranked here. I surprised even myself placing that one so high.
    Don't be surprised, Carver is a cool character.
  • mattjoes wrote: »

*frantically searches scalp for mind-reading chip* :-O
    mattjoes wrote: »

We are two of a kind. We move as one.

Doing so much more than falling in love.

I just made things weird, didn’t I?
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    sent B-)
  • I sent my list yesterday @GoldenGun :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I sent my list yesterday @GoldenGun :)

Tomorrow s yesterday-isn t that today?
  • I sent my list yesterday @GoldenGun :)

Tomorrow s yesterday-isn t that today?

I suppose that is! I sent it tomorrow I think then...
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Just sent mine. I surprised myself to find I had three Blofelds in my top ten!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Where the various Blofelds land will be interesting. I lodged two of them in the top ten myself.

Doing so much more than falling in love.

I just made things weird, didn’t I?

:))
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Great stuff folks, keep 'em coming!
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Sent mine. I had difficulties to decide which one deserves first and second rank. There can very different reasons why I love certain villains. The acting, the perfect face for the character, the dialogues, the iconic ones, the maniacs etc...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sent mine. I had difficulties to decide which one deserves first and second rank. There can very different reasons why I love certain villains. The acting, the perfect face for the character, the dialogues, the iconic ones, the maniacs etc...

I'm having trouble with that, as well, trying to balance my fan favorites with those more deserving of the "best" villain of the series.
  • Sent mine. I had difficulties to decide which one deserves first and second rank. There can very different reasons why I love certain villains. The acting, the perfect face for the character, the dialogues, the iconic ones, the maniacs etc...

...the ones who made such an impression people aren't really sure whether they're the main villain or not...
    TLD+Koskov03.jpg

...the ones who made such an impression people aren't really sure whether they're the main villain or not...
    TLD+Koskov03.jpg

"Koskov here. Yes, we are still deciding. No, I don't know when we'll be finished! Whitaker says he's the main villain because he provided the guns. I say I'm the main villain because it's my plan. Necros doesn't care either way, he just wants a bigger cut of the profits."
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm having trouble with that, as well, trying to balance my fan favorites with those more deserving of the "best" villain of the series.

I'd say go for your favourites, it's your list after all :)

TLD+Koskov03.jpg

"Koskov here. Yes, we are still deciding. No, I don't know when we'll be finished! Whitaker says he's the main villain because he provided the guns. I say I'm the main villain because it's my plan. Necros doesn't care either way, he just wants a bigger cut of the profits."

Cubby: "For crying out loud. I knew we should have gone with drug lords or robots. Note to self for Dalton's next two."
  • On that note, I wouldn't be shocked if Necros actually has the most screentime out of those three!
  • On that note, I wouldn't be shocked if Necros actually has the most screentime out of those three!

He just might!
    In the meantime, for those of you who are still in an Olympic mood, I've posted three medal tables in the Music Score thread.