Quick Big Mi6 Music Score Ranking Game

Comments

I really don't want to pair villains. I don't think that's fair to either one. What does someone do if, say, they love Orlov but hate Kamal Khan? Why can't we just have a longer list?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Ok folks, there are many things to consider and there is a point to make for several approaches, I understand why one would consider Renard or Orlov, but let's try and keep things simple and go for one entry per film, safe for TLD who will get two slots.

My proposal:
    DN: Dr. No
    FRWL: Klebb
    GF: Goldfinger
    TB: E. Largo
    CR67: Noah
    YOLT: Blofeld 1
    OHMSS: Blofeld 2
    DAF: Blofeld 3
    LALD: Kananga
    TWMTGG: Scaramanga
    TSWLM: Stromberg
    MR: Drax
    FYEO: Kristatos
    OP: Kamal
    NSNA: M. Largo
    AVTAK: Zorin
    TLD: Koskov
    TLD: Whitaker
    LTK: Sanchez
    GE: Trevelyan
    TND: E. Carver
    TWINE: Elektra
    DAD: Graves
    CR: Le Chiffre
    QOS: D. Greene
    SF: Silva
    SP: Blofeld 4

I'm sure this list isn't perfect because some entries don't have a clear-cut main villain such as good old Auric, but in the end decisions will have to be made ;)

Is this a list with which we can all live?
  • A resounding yes here.
    I think the next ranking game should be about ranking the different villain lists for the villain ranking game.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks reasonable. Let s do it.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    After AVTAK did so well in the score ranking, villains could be the first decent showing for NSNA...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    After AVTAK did so well in the score ranking, villains could be the first decent showing for NSNA...

Brandauer is pretty OTT but I agree. Even I may actually credit NSNA a little better here than usual.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can't complain either way, doesn't really bother me how the lists are grouped so long as a majority of us are happy with it. It's your game, @GoldenGun, so I want you comfortable with the final say.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Slazenger7 wrote: »
    Renard should definitely be included along with Elektra. He is presented as the main villain at first, I see him as a main villain rather than a henchman.

Agreed @Slazenger7. Renard and Elektra are “co-villains” in GE. And in that same vein, a case could be made – a weaker case to be sure – that Kronsteen and Klebb are the dual lead villains of FRWL. Although both serve under Blofeld, their presence is felt through out the film.
    That list seems perfect to me. I don't think there's really a case for Renard at all (half of the film's twist is that he IS the henchman), and while Orlov is closer to a partner of Kamal Khan, there's still a certain implication that Kamal is the one pulling the strings at the end of the day. I can live with his exclusion.
  • The list looks great! I could live with one villain for TLD, if I had to pick it would be Koskov. Can't wait to begin!
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    I'll rank a single TLD entry too
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,024
    I already made my list according to @GoldenGun ’s suggestion and as Koskov and Whitaker sit practically next to each other in my rankings, either option is fine with me.
    Personally, I consider Whitaker to be the main villain in TLD.
  • @ShakenNotStirred, @StirredNotShaken, have you two considered starting a comedy hour?
    StirredNotShaken: I just prepared your drink. That's, uh, stirred not shaken, that was right, wasn't it?
    ShakenNotStirred: Perfect. Wait, who am I again?
    StirredNotStirred: I'm not sure.
    ShakenNotShaken: Perfect.
  • :)) :))
    Again, the problem with a joint entry is not everyone puts the two villains on the same plane. For example I think Whitaker is a decidedly weak villain but I have a minor soft spot for Koskov and at least appreciate what they tried to do with the bait and switch of him appearing as an ally at first.

We can do a 27-entry list, everyone. It's really not the end of the world.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Again, the problem with a joint entry is not everyone puts the two villains on the same plane. For example I think Whitaker is a decidedly weak villain but I have a minor soft spot for Koskov and at least appreciate what they tried to do with the bait and switch of him appearing as an ally at first.

We can do a 27-entry list, everyone. It's really not the end of the world.

I fully agree. It's not about the films, it's about the villains. 😉
    I went with the list @GoldenGun posted above and sent mine yesterday.
    When would you like these turned in by, @GoldenGun?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    When would you like these turned in by, @GoldenGun?

Yes, I though GG was sorting his villains list out?
    I wasn't sure if any provided list was definitive yet or not, wanted to be sure before I started working on mine.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I wasn't sure if any provided list was definitive yet or not, wanted to be sure before I started working on mine.

As Bond fans, we are used to being patient.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    By the way, this may be an obvious tip, but that sorta app (https://sorta.app/q/1029) is good for more than ranking just the films. Can make the process a bit less laborious....
    royale65 wrote: »

As Bond fans, we are used to being patient.

It's a prerequisite these days, for sure.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 6,797
    OK folks, I'll open a new thread tomorrow. Let's say the deadline for submitting is next Sunday 15/8 00h00.

I'd say this list should do nicely:
    DN: Dr. No
    FRWL: Klebb
    GF: Goldfinger
    TB: E. Largo
    CR67: Noah
    YOLT: Blofeld 1
    OHMSS: Blofeld 2
    DAF: Blofeld 3
    LALD: Kananga
    TWMTGG: Scaramanga
    TSWLM: Stromberg
    MR: Drax
    FYEO: Kristatos
    OP: Kamal
    NSNA: M. Largo
    AVTAK: Zorin
    TLD: Koskov
    TLD: Whitaker
    LTK: Sanchez
    GE: Trevelyan
    TND: E. Carver
    TWINE: Elektra
    DAD: Graves
    CR: Le Chiffre
    QOS: D. Greene
    SF: Silva
    SP: Blofeld 4

Already received two rankings, feel free to send me more ;)
    Just created a new thread for the main villains.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/20437/quick-big-mi6-main-villain-ranking-game#latest

I'll be posting a few medal tables here for the music scores later, if anyone's interested :)
    R.f7a11a6c569e008be7830df089895d22?rik=%2fA5sb0v6d%2fatoA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.mannlymama.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2014%2f02%2fdo-it.gif&ehk=ngFgCYL3qusl0uh%2b2sbZ6LyoU2%2bt8qdPRDLGTHyCQfw%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    All right @Thunderfinger, these are for you ;)

Medal table by score:

medals-by-score.png

Medal table by composer:

medals-by-composer.png

Medal table by era:

medals-by-era.png
    Excellent work, and quite interesting.