New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Belated welcome @ImpertinentGoon
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    It wasn't too long to read ;) , even i haven't posted on this thread when i joined
    @ImpertinentGoon . Belated welcome.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Welcome @fadetoblack7 and @ImpertinentGoon hope you enjoy your time here! :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome aboard @General_Graves. We had a member close to that name years ago. No longer with us here. Make yourself at home and dip into the discussions. There's something for everyone here.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Welcome to the Bond army, @General_Graves!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 13,879
    Welcome @General_Graves. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the great Bond film, Die Another Day!
    Welcome @General_Graves
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Congrats on the promotion.
    Welcome General, we shall obey your orders!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hi, General_Graves here, longtime lurker. Got the desire to sign up and join in.
    Hope I can contribute a little to the site. Not really sure where to begin. goldeneye is my favorite film and Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan my favorite bond actors.

Welcome aboard, Graves - big fan of GE myself, too.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Hello @General_Graves have a welcome pistachio on me!
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 3
    I've created a new post in Fan Creations. Not sure how to delete this one!
    Welcome to the mad house General Graves!! :-bd
  • Hi, I'm newly-registered on this forum. I've been checking out the discussions for about a year but I've been obeying the terms of service that I'm not old enough to join. As I am turning the required age this summer, I have finally taken the decision to register and I'm looking forward to having many interesting and informative discussions with you. I am particularly interested in the behind-the-scenes work of the stunts (I am currently reading Some Kind of Hero - brilliant read) and in how the films have aged over time. My favourite Bond film is TND - I just find it the most entertaining Bond film although I love the classics too. My first Bond film was Quantum of Solace on TV, which I also controversially love. Hope I can post some helpful and interesting comments about the films and provide a fresh perspective!
    Welcome @Quantum_of_Tomorrow I'm sure you'll have some interesting opinions and ideas on the Bond films, and I look forward to reading them.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome aboard @Quantum_of_Tomorrow The good thing about being a Bond fan, is there is no right or wrong answer.
    Enjoy your time, and feel free to browse the many active threads.
  • I think I'll post my current Bond rankings first of all :) thank you
    Welcome, @Quantum_of_Tomorrow - TND was the first one I saw in the cinema, so I have a special place for it. That PTS blew my mind, it was the best thing ever.

Benny wrote: »
    The good thing about being a Bond fan, is there is no right or wrong answer.
    Is Octopussy a bad film?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,811
    QBranch wrote: »
    Welcome, @Quantum_of_Tomorrow - TND was the first one I saw in the cinema, so I have a special place for it. That PTS blew my mind, it was the best thing ever.

Benny wrote: »
    The good thing about being a Bond fan, is there is no right or wrong answer.
    Is Octopussy a bad film?

Nice try @QBranch , obviously a trick question as Octopussy is never a bad film.
    u
  • QBranch wrote: »

Yes, I think the later Brosnan PTSs (particularly TWINE) are over-long. I still think the boat chase is a solid action scene but the PTS should have been kept to the Bilbao scene as I don't like the fact there's an action scene then an exposition and then another action scene, though funnily enough I love the DAD PTS (probably because it is great compared to the rest of the film which admittedly, I actually quite like). The TND PTS isn't too long and yet is very entertaining and is full of great dialogue.
  • accidentally quoted my comment :) , apologies
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome to the forum! Didn t know there was an age limit here?
  • oh it's in the terms of service
    edited June 2021 Posts: 17,727
    Is it that you have to be 13 to join up like on Facebook? I imagine that's an Internet security setting.

Welcome aboard @Quantum_of_Tomorrow!
  • Dragonpol wrote: »
    Is it that you have to be 13 to join up like on Facebook? I imagine that's an Internet security setting.

yes it is

thank you for all of the messages of welcome!
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Is it that you have to be 13 to join up
    And you can join up on the 13th, unless you're superstitious.
    Welcome @Quantum_of_Tomorrow. I love TND, great fun from start to finish!

Is it that you have to be 13 to join up like on Facebook?
    13? Whoops, I'll see you in five years.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Is it that you have to be 13 to join up
    And you can join up on the 13th, unless you're superstitious.

Yes, no laws against that...yet. >:)
    mattjoes wrote: »
    13? Whoops, I'll see you in five years.
    @mattjoey

yes it is

thank you for all of the messages of welcome!

I'd say you must be one of our youngest members here, @Quantum_of_Tomorrow and you've acquitted yourself well so far. You must have a mature head on your shoulders! It's good to have you on board.