Going away or coming back?

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Anyone know where our resident nut lover @Max_The_Parrot has flown off too?
    Hasn't been active since 23rd October.
    Could be mating season I suppose.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Perhaps he headed south for the winter.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This was one of his last comments:

"Sorry i'haven't replied sooner but it's been one of the those weeks, and I'll be tied up for a little while going forward"...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

"Sorry i'haven't replied sooner but it's been one of the those weeks, and I'll be tied up for a little while going forward"...

In his cage, probably.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

In his cage, probably.

Hopefully he's let out sooner rather than later.
    Effective immediately, I hereby depart this forum as have received one death threat so far. Hail and farewell.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Effective immediately, I hereby depart this forum as have received one death threat so far. Hail and farewell.
    Warning: doors may injure snowflake's butts upon exiting.
    @ToTheRight I read that conversation - there was no threat, just black comedy.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I can only agree with @QBranch on this one @ToTheRight
    The posts in question were posted in jest. No harm or threat was real.
    @ToTheRight Allow these videos to speak for me:

• edited November 2020 Posts: 15,818
    I'll accept it was posted in jest, or maybe some Star Wars fans get offended when the 2004 George Lucas re-edits get criticized ( I'll still take the original '77 version any day).
    Or maybe I was in a rather foul temper last night and took it the wrong way? Probably that.
    Alright, no harm was meant.
    Yes, definitely taken out of context. Death threats aren't @chrisisall's style at all, especially over something like film taste. He's one of the good ones.
    Hey, guy's I want to offer my apologies for jumping to conclusions the other day and misjudging that post. I was already in a foul mood and way out of line.
    I didn't realize he was being amusing. I shouldn't have overreacted.
    My apologies.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited November 2020 Posts: 3,497
    The fact that nobody replied to my "goodbye" says it all. I haven't posted here since the end of September and nobody asked about me.

My time here is over. The Petrolhead Lounge has derailed completely. That's not the only reason, but it doesn't help.

Mods, please delete my account, thank you.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    The fact that nobody replied to my "goodbye" says it all. I haven't posted here since the end of September and nobody asked about me.

My time here is over. The Petrolhead Lounge has derailed completely. That's not the only reason, but it doesn't help.

Mods, please delete my account, thank you.

@JamesCraig
    It's good to hear from you!

I'm afraid you've got it wrong, friend. Your name has come up in recent times, either in private chatrooms or on the public forum, I can't tell from memory. We have all wondered what caused you to be silent all of a sudden.

But sometimes a member needs some time off, away from the forum. Hell, even some of the mods have taken some time off. It can be a healthy thing to do. I suppose we all figured that you went for a sabbatical. That's what I thought too.

Please don't misinterpret any apparent lack of inquiries into your whereabouts as nobody giving a damn. Rather, I'm quite sure people wanted to respect your desire for some peace and quiet.

You don't have to walk, mate. Join us, get the Petrolhead Lounge back on track!

And let me be the first to officially welcome you back into the community. Speaking strictly for myself, you were missed! :)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    So long folks....
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    So long folks....

Take some time off, and return later.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @JamesCraig I'd sure as hell like it if the petrol head thread got some proper discussion again. I don't always have time to react and there aren't too many threads I still am part of but I usually enjoy your posts there and elsewhere!
    @talos7 don't be too long!
    Hey, guy's I want to offer my apologies for jumping to conclusions the other day and misjudging that post. I was already in a foul mood and way out of line.
    My apologies.

So glad you didnt jump ship.
    Love reading your comments watching a Bond film. One of my favourite threads.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    My apologies.

Thanks, @Mathis1. I'll probably get back to that thread again soon. Haven't had as much time lately to get my Bond fix.
    I wonder what ever happened to that thread's originator, @barryt007?
    Haven't seen him post in ages.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    My apologies.

Thanks, @Mathis1. I'll probably get back to that thread again soon. Haven't had as much time lately to get my Bond fix.
    I wonder what ever happened to that thread's originator, @barryt007?
    Haven't seen him post in ages.

Yeh, really enjoyed his posts! Think Birdleson said he was in touch with him!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I don't think he's coming back as far as I'm aware unless he ever changes his mind down the road, which is possible I suppose.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,547
    I chatted with him over email a few weeks after his departure. He seemed very sure about never coming back.
    That's too bad. He contributed some great posts.
    Thats sad to hear. Had alot of common interests with him and he was always worth reading and conversing with!
    I've always considered @barryt007 a good friend of mine. His definitive departure left a sour taste in my mouth.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Happy new year everyone. It's been a while since I was last here. So I've popped back
    hopefully to have a chat and a laugh. Fingers crossed that 2021 will be better than
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Happy New Year 2021 and welcome back @Thunderpussy! :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Thanks @Dragonpol
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Welcome back @Thunderpussy hopefully we will all see light at the end of the tunnel soon in 2021.