Your Bond Collection

14445474950

Comments

  • Posts: 3,135
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    IMG-20201128-161128-1.jpg

    Borrowed a dinner jacket from another Bond figure for the custom made Craig one 😁

    Thats pretty cool, Leonardpine.
    I just received my BigChiefStudios Baron Samedi figure! Ordered eons ago, nice early Xmas present! Really terrific sculpted model!

    Thanks mate. That's what I call a cool early Xmas present! Congrats 👍

    Would love to see some pictures of it!

    Its still in its box, but I will try to upload pics. I would like to show off my collection of Bond books, cars and figures etc, but am not that savvy with this sort of thkng. Think you mentioned Postimages to do so. Is there a thread for how I do it?
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Posts: 3,330
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    IMG-20201128-161128-1.jpg

    Borrowed a dinner jacket from another Bond figure for the custom made Craig one 😁

    Thats pretty cool, Leonardpine.
    I just received my BigChiefStudios Baron Samedi figure! Ordered eons ago, nice early Xmas present! Really terrific sculpted model!

    Thanks mate. That's what I call a cool early Xmas present! Congrats 👍

    Would love to see some pictures of it!

    Its still in its box, but I will try to upload pics. I would like to show off my collection of Bond books, cars and figures etc, but am not that savvy with this sort of thkng. Think you mentioned Postimages to do so. Is there a thread for how I do it?

    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/13892/how-best-to-upload-a-photo-to-discussion

    Hope this helps mate
  • Posts: 3,135
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    IMG-20201128-161128-1.jpg

    Borrowed a dinner jacket from another Bond figure for the custom made Craig one 😁

    Thats pretty cool, Leonardpine.
    I just received my BigChiefStudios Baron Samedi figure! Ordered eons ago, nice early Xmas present! Really terrific sculpted model!

    Thanks mate. That's what I call a cool early Xmas present! Congrats 👍

    Would love to see some pictures of it!

    Its still in its box, but I will try to upload pics. I would like to show off my collection of Bond books, cars and figures etc, but am not that savvy with this sort of thkng. Think you mentioned Postimages to do so. Is there a thread for how I do it?

    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/13892/how-best-to-upload-a-photo-to-discussion

    Hope this helps mate

    Cheers pal, will try to have a go!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,556
    Not Big Chief but a figure I created using a custom made Daniel Craig head and a generic SAS type figure for the body.

    That's turned out really well! Did you paint the head yourself?
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Posts: 3,330
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Not Big Chief but a figure I created using a custom made Daniel Craig head and a generic SAS type figure for the body.

    That's turned out really well! Did you paint the head yourself?

    No I got the head on ebay. I was impressed with the likeness. I'm not that talented myself! 😁
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 1 Posts: 11,259
    Got this a while back, a vintage Miami Hotel Fontainebleau room key, which one would identify as a GF prop, but also, can be clearly seen in TB, held by Fiona Volpe after she enters Paula's room:

    50786979892_aee666830b_o.png
    50786976437_003f5e082b_o.png

    It is the second GF Fontainebleau item I've seen pop up in TB - the other being the blue ashtray on Moneypenny's desk (see page 45).
  • mattjoesmattjoes matthaujoes
    Posts: 4,238
    Very nice as usual. Is the blue thing (fob I think it's called) plastic or rubber? The way the light bounces off it makes it look like rubber.

    I like the tally sheet of paper as well. A most elegant touch for their guests.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,259
    It is indeed a 'fob', though I just call it a key ring. I tend to only call it a fob if it's attached to a car key or if it's a keyless entry remote. Personal preference.

    It's made of glossy, hard plastic - I wonder if 50+ year old rubber would look as blue!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Posts: 1,180
    QBranch wrote: »
    It is indeed a 'fob', though I just call it a key ring. I tend to only call it a fob if it's attached to a car key or if it's a keyless entry remote. Personal preference.

    It's made of glossy, hard plastic - I wonder if 50+ year old rubber would look as blue!

    Where did you get it from ?
  • edited January 2 Posts: 741
    QBranch wrote: »
    It is the second GF Fontainebleau item I've seen pop up in TB - the other being the blue ashtray on Moneypenny's desk (see page 45).
    There's also the clock in the "rack" room at Shrublands, previously seen on Goldfinger's jet.

    Edit: just realized you meant Fontainebleau items specifically.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Posts: 3,330
    Got this little beauty for my display cabinet. Found it in a local toy shop for £5

    imgIMG-20210105-164222-1.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,556
    Good find, @LeonardPine! I love it when you just stumble across Bond stuff.
  • Posts: 12,198
    QBranch wrote: »
    Got this a while back, a vintage Miami Hotel Fontainebleau room key, which one would identify as a GF prop, but also, can be clearly seen in TB, held by Fiona Volpe after she enters Paula's room:

    50786979892_aee666830b_o.png
    50786976437_003f5e082b_o.png

    It is the second GF Fontainebleau item I've seen pop up in TB - the other being the blue ashtray on Moneypenny's desk (see page 45).

    That is pretty cool! :-bd
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited January 6 Posts: 3,330
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Good find, @LeonardPine! I love it when you just stumble across Bond stuff.

    Thanks @Agent_99

    I was looking for a Christmas present for my grandson at the time 😁
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,259
    Got this little beauty for my display cabinet. Found it in a local toy shop for £5
    Congrats, it's a fine-looking model.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    That is pretty cool! :-bd
    Cheers, it took several years of searching to acquire one.
  • Posts: 2,361
    Got this little beauty for my display cabinet. Found it in a local toy shop for £5

    imgIMG-20210105-164222-1.jpg

    Looks fairly similiar to one I've got - was it in Goldfinger packaging but with the GoldenEye number plate?
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Posts: 3,330
    Got this little beauty for my display cabinet. Found it in a local toy shop for £5

    imgIMG-20210105-164222-1.jpg

    Looks fairly similiar to one I've got - was it in Goldfinger packaging but with the GoldenEye number plate?

    No it was loose and unboxed. Just had a price tag tied to it. So not sure who the manufacturer is.

    Very strange, but a nice find.
  • Posts: 223
    Just got this in the mail today. Q6MMkG9.jpg

  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited January 22 Posts: 2,789
    @Mazouni Nice. I checked my mail after your post but it was empty. :(
  • ChulaChula New York
    edited January 22 Posts: 19
    I have:
    - a batch of original scripts,
    - some toys from the '60s (007 pen, Goldfinger figure, Dr. No dragon tank)
    - a number of movie programs (remember those?)
    - a number of very valuable original posters

    The thing about the posters are, they are huge. My DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER poster is a three sheet...meaning nearly seven feet tall! My ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE is an incredibly rare and very big 40" x 60" roll. Same with a horizontal FOR YOUR EYES ONLY poster. All too big to display. I bought them back in the '70s (FYEO bought in '80s) for peanuts. Paid just 40 dollars for the OHMSS poster. Today my Bond posters are worth literally thousands of dollars. But just too damn big to display!

    I have one sheets of SPY WHO LOVED ME and the extremely rare and valuable GOLDEN GUN teaser poster.

    Here's the one poster I did display. Worth about 400 bucks.

    spy-77.jpg

  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 4,022
    Chula! Chula! Chula!

    I have a huge Casino Royale vinyl window cling from my days working at Rogers Video lol, also too huge to display. I don't think it's worth anything, but it's really cool.
  • ChulaChula New York
    edited January 22 Posts: 19
    Chula! Chula! Chula!

    I have a huge Casino Royale vinyl window cling from my days working at Rogers Video lol, also too huge to display.

    Too big.

    I was a kid when I bought a seven foot tall DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER poster. I guess I thought when I get older I'd be living in a mansion with gigantic wall space. No normal home can display a three sheet poster. Heck, movie theaters don't even display them. I saw the DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER three sheet poster laid out on the floor at a Bond Convention and I was thunderstruck. Just had to have it. That was in the '70s. Still have found no wall big enough to display it.

    The three sheet poster is insanely massive and the size of it is what makes it so damn impressive. I literally have a seven foot Sean Connery in my house. Oh, he's folded up and tucked away in a closet, but he's really that big.

    diamjul09.jpg


  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,556
    Speaking of large posters, I've just put this up having had it a couple of years - I bought it for around £20 on eBay, then found out it would cost over £100 to frame. (It's almost as tall as I am!) IKEA supplied the solution with these poster hangers.

    Esg8e4_W4AUM9Cm.jpg

    I've figured out how to fit yet another bookcase into my life, so I was able to space the Bond collection out a bit and tidy it up. Enjoy, before it becomes chaotic again:

    EscfkyoXYAAp1nl.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 24 Posts: 4,022
    Poster hangers, now that's not a bad idea... Still need the wall space!

    I like how your shelves are barely able to support all that Bond goodness! I really like your Bentley Blower, and I had one of those Belvedere bottles, but accidentally opened it and drank it (oops), and ultimately tossed the bottle. I just bought NTTD Bollinger (only $90 CAD which was a nice surprise), and I'm waiting until the movie finally gets released to pop it.
  • Posts: 1,101
    Is that the Little Lead Soldiers Bentley? That and the Piz Gloria snowglobe...ah, my ultimate quests...
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,556
    Poster hangers, now that's not a bad idea... Still need the wall space!

    I like how your shelves are barely able to support all that Bond goodness! I really like your Bentley Blower, and I had one of those Belvedere bottles, but accidentally opened it and drank it (oops), and ultimately tossed the bottle. I just bought NTTD Bollinger (only $90 CAD which was a nice surprise), and I'm waiting until the movie finally gets released to pop it.

    I should maybe take out a shelf so the bottom one is tall enough for the oversize books - now I look at the photo, that bowed top shelf looks a bit dangerous!

    I drank the Belvedere, and I'm in the process of drinking the 007 rum, but the Heineken is safe :)
    =bg= wrote: »
    Is that the Little Lead Soldiers Bentley? That and the Piz Gloria snowglobe...ah, my ultimate quests...

    The Bentley and the 007 2CV I made from kits. I'm glad it was good enough to fool you, at least at a distance!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,259
    Very nice book collection, @Agent_99.


    I bought this, to flesh out my Bond game and cassette collections - AVTAK for the Spectrum. I like the little soft plastic VHS-style case:

    50875815573_120879afa1_o.png
    50876628312_c666c7562c_o.png

    It's my first pre-GE64 game!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,556
    QBranch wrote: »
    I bought this, to flesh out my Bond game and cassette collections - AVTAK for the Spectrum. I like the little soft plastic VHS-style case:

    Looking at it, you have to load different parts of the game separately? I bet that was fiddly.

    I wish I still had the family Spectrum but you can't hang on to everything. Just got an aural flashback to the sound of a cassette loading :)
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Posts: 497
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    I bought this, to flesh out my Bond game and cassette collections - AVTAK for the Spectrum. I like the little soft plastic VHS-style case:

    Looking at it, you have to load different parts of the game separately? I bet that was fiddly.

    I wish I still had the family Spectrum but you can't hang on to everything. Just got an aural flashback to the sound of a cassette loading :)

    You've just brought back memories of loading games on my Commodore 64. The high pitched screeching and bleeping only for it to crash after an hour of loading!! Ah, The good old days. You had to get the urge to play a game days in advance so you could get it ready in time 😂
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited January 28 Posts: 2,345
    For £85 you could own one of the *cough* amazing *cough* new James Bond t-shirts from the official 007 Store. That’s right, £85 for ONE t-shirt.

    Let’s look at what breathtaking unique design £85 will get you ...

    For the Sean fans
    007_6_11_2048x.jpg?v=1611832842

    https://007store.com/collections/james-bond-new-arrivals/products/007-james-bond-dr-no-t-shirt-by-throwback

    Or for the Roger fans
    007_back6_2048x.jpg?v=1611769725

    https://007store.com/collections/james-bond-new-arrivals/products/007-throwback-moonraker-t-shirt

    From body posture alone I can tell how depressed those models are to be photographed wearing that.

    Don’t worry if t-shirts aren’t your thing, £150 will get you a hoodie instead.

    Can we just all agree now that the 007 Store has gone COMPLETELY bonkers and these must be some of the most hideous Bond merchandise ever? 🤷🤔

Sign In or Register to comment.