Your Bond Collection

Comments

• R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Had this custom steelbook re-made since I wasn't entirely satisfied with how the first one turned out.

819E2994-273C-43B4-821B-5C888516D6F0.thumb.jpeg.8a8372575547a13312f94ab482648f40.jpeg
    745FFFBD-56B1-4BC8-8D33-584D58279013.thumb.jpeg.5afe9247e297f9918cfb51fab9433e36.jpeg

Really like this!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2020 Posts: 7,518
    HUGE NEWS (I think anyways): Theory 11, luxury playing card company, is *finally* making a James Bond deck of cards, as per their Instagram. I’ve been messaging these guys for a long time suggesting they make Bond cards and now they’re finally doing it!
    The playing cards produced by Theory 11 are incredibly high quality; the company makes magic tricks and the high quality cards with which to perform them; I’ve never bought any magic from them but I have amassed a collection of their decks of cards because they’re absolutely gorgeous. They did a run of Star Wars cards recently which were beautiful and it gave me some more hope for Bond.
    I definitely urge everyone to check out theory11.com, and check out their Instagram for a sneak peek at their Bond deck, and for updates.
    No, I’m not affiliated with them lol, just a huge fan!
    126259553_375704863679191_7693794794142358332_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=__qssg1caB8AX85spke&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.fna&oh=08414e74639529a7c8d3ea4ba5e6349f&oe=5FDC8375
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Some items from Spectre:

50627397008_78cd2faf69_o.png
    50628178802_6d2cbe8795_o.png

^Got this on Friday. Birds of the West Indies field guide, seen in GE89 and on Bond's mantle in SP. Took me six years to attain a copy.

50628178162_c3fb451c30_c.jpg

^Young Bond with the Oberhausers. I knocked this one out just yesterday, restoring the clean, framed photo first, and then made the burnt one from that.

50629248467_d8a3ed5a79_o.png

^Ticket to ride: This is what Bond and Madeleine's tickets for the CAM train look like, when they travel through the Moroccan desert. Shown with the same ice pick used as a weapon against Mr Hinx, and the coordinates to Blofeld's lair which Madeleine takes off the noticeboard in White's hidden room.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Interesting details on the tickets, chemins de fer, Bond's birthday...
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    @NickTwentyTwo
    Awesome news! I'm a big fan of their decks so will definitely pick this up when it becomes available.
    Interesting details on the tickets, chemins de fer, Bond's birthday...
    Good spot! His official birthday. I was looking for Easter eggs in the numbers, but missed that.

It's also his birthday from SF, which means Craig's Bond could've been celebrating his 42nd birthday on the train.

dien-vien-daniel-craig-v%C3%A0-lea-seydoux-an-toi-chon-ruou-vang-trang-475x267.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @QBranch, do you dedicate these skills and your time to just Bond, or do you make/collect items unrelated to Bond as well? With a common theme, I mean.
    @Thunderfinger Yeah, it's pretty much just Bond. I like the idea of focusing on one passion.

I have collected Transformer toys on and off over the years, most recently in 2016. I find them fascinating from an engineering/design perspective, and have tried to design them myself, with limited success. However, Bond is the main passion.

In other realities, I would be making/collecting stuff from other franchises such as Star Wars/Trek, Back to the Future, Doctor Who etc. I have a small Star Wars collection from the 80s/90s, at my parents house.
    Very nice as usual, Q.

Was the photo sourced directly from the film or elsewhere?
    @mattjoes Cheers mate.

Yes, photo taken from a screenshot of the framed one in Maddy's room at Blofeld's lair, then white blotches from a screenshot of the burnt one added over the top. Thin line cracks and burnt areas remade in photoshop rather than burnt for real, to get the right shape.

I think the burnt photo seen in the first SP trailer has a different burn shape on the left side, meaning they filmed that moment again. I've seen a variant of the burnt photo that features young Bond and Hannes, but Franz is not in the photo.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited November 2020 Posts: 3,985
    Deleted

IMG-20201128-170658-1.jpgG-20201128-170658-1.jpg

Not Big Chief but a figure I created using a custom made Daniel Craig head and a generic SAS type figure for the body.
    IMG-20201128-161128-1.jpg

Borrowed a dinner jacket from another Bond figure for the custom made Craig one 😁

Borrowed a dinner jacket from another Bond figure for the custom made Craig one 😁

Thats pretty cool, Leonardpine.
    I just received my BigChiefStudios Baron Samedi figure! Ordered eons ago, nice early Xmas present! Really terrific sculpted model!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I just received my BigChiefStudios Baron Samedi figure! Ordered eons ago, nice early Xmas present! Really terrific sculpted model!

Thanks mate. That's what I call a cool early Xmas present! Congrats 👍

Would love to see some pictures of it!

Its still in its box, but I will try to upload pics. I would like to show off my collection of Bond books, cars and figures etc, but am not that savvy with this sort of thkng. Think you mentioned Postimages to do so. Is there a thread for how I do it?

Its still in its box, but I will try to upload pics. I would like to show off my collection of Bond books, cars and figures etc, but am not that savvy with this sort of thkng. Think you mentioned Postimages to do so. Is there a thread for how I do it?

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/13892/how-best-to-upload-a-photo-to-discussion

Hope this helps mate

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/13892/how-best-to-upload-a-photo-to-discussion

Hope this helps mate

Cheers pal, will try to have a go!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Not Big Chief but a figure I created using a custom made Daniel Craig head and a generic SAS type figure for the body.

That's turned out really well! Did you paint the head yourself?
    Agent_99 wrote: »

That's turned out really well! Did you paint the head yourself?

No I got the head on ebay. I was impressed with the likeness. I'm not that talented myself! 😁
    edited January 2021 Posts: 13,879
    Got this a while back, a vintage Miami Hotel Fontainebleau room key, which one would identify as a GF prop, but also, can be clearly seen in TB, held by Fiona Volpe after she enters Paula's room:

50786979892_aee666830b_o.png
    50786976437_003f5e082b_o.png

It is the second GF Fontainebleau item I've seen pop up in TB - the other being the blue ashtray on Moneypenny's desk (see page 45).
    Very nice as usual. Is the blue thing (fob I think it's called) plastic or rubber? The way the light bounces off it makes it look like rubber.

I like the tally sheet of paper as well. A most elegant touch for their guests.
    It is indeed a 'fob', though I just call it a key ring. I tend to only call it a fob if it's attached to a car key or if it's a keyless entry remote. Personal preference.

It's made of glossy, hard plastic - I wonder if 50+ year old rubber would look as blue!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    QBranch wrote: »
    It is indeed a 'fob', though I just call it a key ring. I tend to only call it a fob if it's attached to a car key or if it's a keyless entry remote. Personal preference.

It's made of glossy, hard plastic - I wonder if 50+ year old rubber would look as blue!

Where did you get it from ?
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 822
    It is the second GF Fontainebleau item I've seen pop up in TB - the other being the blue ashtray on Moneypenny's desk (see page 45).
    There's also the clock in the "rack" room at Shrublands, previously seen on Goldfinger's jet.

Edit: just realized you meant Fontainebleau items specifically.
    Got this little beauty for my display cabinet. Found it in a local toy shop for £5

imgIMG-20210105-164222-1.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Good find, @LeonardPine! I love it when you just stumble across Bond stuff.
    Got this a while back, a vintage Miami Hotel Fontainebleau room key, which one would identify as a GF prop, but also, can be clearly seen in TB, held by Fiona Volpe after she enters Paula's room:

50786979892_aee666830b_o.png
    50786976437_003f5e082b_o.png

That is pretty cool! :-bd
    edited January 2021 Posts: 3,985
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Good find, @LeonardPine! I love it when you just stumble across Bond stuff.

Thanks @Agent_99

I was looking for a Christmas present for my grandson at the time 😁
    Got this little beauty for my display cabinet. Found it in a local toy shop for £5
    Congrats, it's a fine-looking model.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    That is pretty cool! :-bd
    Cheers, it took several years of searching to acquire one.