No Time to Die production thread

Comments

All i can say is that i am not surprised we have another delay. I just think they should not have put another release date out.
  • I’ve survived this long without seeing it, and in a way it’s sort of a nice thought that there’s a Bond film I haven’t seen yet! That’s a rare feeling.
    I expect that you will actually want to watch this film at some point though.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I’ve survived this long without seeing it, and in a way it’s sort of a nice thought that there’s a Bond film I haven’t seen yet! That’s a rare feeling.
    I expect that you will actually want to watch this film at some point though.

Well I’d happily watch it right now if I could! :) But I can’t, so that’s that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Curious as to what that stunt entails, unless it's one we've already seen and I'm not placing it.
  • Mallory wrote: »
    Interior: EoN Offices. A rainy Friday afternoon

maxresdefault.jpg

Bond: What was it you said? In cinemas November.
    Babs: I made a judgement call.
    Bond: You should have trusted me to finish the job
    Babs: It was the possibility of releasing you, or the certainty of not making a billion dollars worldwide. I made the only decision I could and you know it.
    Bond: I think you lost your nerve.
    Babs: Well what did you expect, a bloody apology? You know the rules of the game, you've been playing it long enough.
    Bond: Perhaps too long.
    Babs: Speak for yourself.
    Bond: [Muttering] One day my tenure will end...

I think this is incredibly unfair. She literally signed on to a letter earlier in the week asking for more support for theatres and cinemas, and there is no way they would have done the podcast, the track listings, and the DHL, Nokia and Omega ads if EON had any inkling that there would be a delay. I have every confidence that she was full speed ahead for Bond to come out, save cinema for the remainder of 2020, and salvage what they could of the billion dollars that will never happen. This got pushed on them by MGM and/or Universal.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @outlawgenius Just a bit of tongue in cheek humour, riffing on the Skyfall chat. Nothing more :p
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    Mallory wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Babs: It was the possibility of releasing you, or the certainty of not making a billion dollars worldwide. I made the only decision I could and you know it.
    Babs: Well what did you expect, a bloody apology? You know the rules of the game, you've been playing it long enough.
    The best thing I've read all day!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Here's a lovely promo photo from DHL

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Curious as to what that stunt entails, unless it's one we've already seen and I'm not placing it.

I can't work out if the white tower thing and the box thing hanging from the ceiling are part of i.?
    As for the picture of the stunt persons at work -- it is described as a rehearsal. Therefore, at the moment when the picture was taken, they likely would be concerned with movement and motion and getting those movements and motions to look right. Placing props - which could like nearly anything at this point of the work - would not be as necessary, except as to provide indicators of objects which the stunt folks' bodies should -- or should not -- go flying into after the critical event -- an explosion, a jump, and many other possible things which would send a body "flying." Perhaps with more photographs of the next level of preparation, something more might be gleaned. At this point, well, so many possibilities -- motorcycle riders flying off their bikes in the forest, bodies flying after an explosion, Bond running and jumping into bed...
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Remember, 15 days to flatten the curve! What a joke; and what a joke people are who believe the lies and nonsense coming from the mainstream narrative. You are everything wrong with the world today and when the powers-that-be go into full-on Orwellian lock down mode, you will be prisoners just like everyone else.

It's pathetic how weak, ignorant, and malleable humanity has become. You want a picture of the future? Imagine a boot stomping on a human face. Forever.

Have fun finding a hospital that has room for you if you get COVID, you brave brave man.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    This delay is even more harsher on Craig. He'll be Bond from 2006-2021 with just five films. Considering how good he is, it really hurts.

He'll be Bond until the day a new actor will be presented at a press conference.
    So he will be Bond until 2022 or even longer.

Dalton was Bond from 1986 until 1994, when Brosnan was announced.

Not quite. Dalton was actually attached to GE up until April of 1994, which is why some consider his run to be 1986-1994.

When NTTD comes out, that's the very date Craig's run has ended.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Mallory wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

=)) Oh i love this, thank you @Mallory
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Brosnan was clear successor to Dalton, is there clear successor to Craig?
    MSL49 wrote: »
    Brosnan was clear successor to Dalton, is there clear successor to Craig?

Nop. Just hop along to the "next Bond actor" thread and take a look at that mess :D Warning: you'll get a splitting headache as its dynamics are close to an American presidential debate most of the time.
    Pretty much like how there was no predictable pick for Brosnan's successor.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Pretty much like how there was no predictable pick for Brosnan's successor.

Even though almost everyone thought Owen was a sure thing, with his Croupier role and BMW ads.

clive-owen-1525868645.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.336xh;0,0.0360xh&resize=1200:*

And then, BAM, someone called this man and he went and fetched himself a drink. And the rest is Bond history :D

Daniel-Craig-in-Layer-Cake.jpg

Genius, Barbara was. Wasn't she? A true visionary, much like her father.
    Owen was a popular pick but he wasn't as universally thought of as Brosnan. Same with Idris Elba, who seemed to be a huge favorite of so many five years ago.

santa-for-a-thousand-years-joe-dator.jpg
    Oh man, that comic had me on the floor laughing, @MakeshiftPython! Hadn't seen it yet. Superb.

And you're right about Owen. In fact, I suppose no one really though seriously about an obvious Pierce sucessor, mainly because Pierce was to say on the role for a while. Supposedly.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @Creasy47 @Red_Snow

There's a sequence they shot in a Matera alley with Bond running, jumping up on a rooftop, more running and down again or something similar. Done by stunt double Jean-Charles Rousseau. That jump down then leads to a new alley and the attack on Primo on his bike. I have a bunch of stills from that shoot.

But then again, this rehersal picture seems to involve two stunt men, like jumping from rooftop to rooftop.
    Contraband wrote: »
    @Creasy47 @Red_Snow

There's a sequence they shot in a Matera alley with Bond running, jumping up on a rooftop, more running and down again or something similar. Done by stunt double Jean-Charles Rousseau. That jump down then leads to a new alley and the attack on Primo on his bike. I have a bunch of stills from that shoot.

But then again, this rehersal picture seems to involve two stunt men, like jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

A little bit of rooftop parkour, I'm intrigued. Thanks for the heads up, will be curious to see if I catch anything in the film that looks similar to this.
    Contraband wrote: »
    @Creasy47 @Red_Snow

A little bit of rooftop parkour, I'm intrigued. Thanks for the heads up, will be curious to see if I catch anything in the film that looks similar to this.

Here's two of them. Prepping for scenes. (Trying to find the rest in the archive)

hqlhaU4.jpg
    eTzcRHw.jpg

I appreciate it, @Contraband, looking forward to the others if you find them. Gives me QoS vibes a little bit.
    I appreciate it, @Contraband, looking forward to the others if you find them. Gives me QoS vibes a little bit.

I'll do my best. 4000+ stills I need to sort out. Damn mess.

And yes, feels like Siena, Italy
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    You do wonder if Craig will be remembered as the Italian Bond!
  • I understand the delay, though April may (again) be too optimistic. I sadly believe there will be at least one more delay. In the meantime, Eon or MGM (whoever) could extend a treat to Bond fans -- even for a price on streaming services -- showing an older Bond in silhouette (so it doesn't matter which "Bond incarnation it could be) sharing with someone (an old Felix, a colleague from MI-6, whoever) his thoughts on his career and past adventures. We could be treated to clips from all of the old movies (assignments, allies, enemies) maybe even re-edited a bit. This is something easily done in COVID-world and could be something really nice for fans.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 727
    Cant wait for Bond 26.

007: WAP
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Happy James Bond Day, fellow Bond fans & friends. I'm happy we're all here again, amid the pandemic....let's not take that for granted. Even with NTTD's delay, there's something about James Bond Day that just feels right. For starters, I'll be listening to TLD's score, Surrender & YKMN :)
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited October 2020 Posts: 469
    mtm wrote: »
    silva13 wrote: »
    I’ve survived this long without seeing it, and in a way it’s sort of a nice thought that there’s a Bond film I haven’t seen yet! That’s a rare feeling.
    In a way it's like a constant night before christmas feeling. Alot of the time the lead up to a Bond film can be just as exciting so living in a state of waiting to see the a new bond isn't that bad.

Yeah exactly! Accentuate the positive.

Of course that means I don’t want to dissect it too much beforehand and pour over every clip as it means I might spoil it a bit for myself!

A bit too late for me :)) I've been analysing each and every clip and byte of info that has come out and have already assembled a pretty concise timeline of events, as well as having accurately predicted a few things previously.

If anyone here is up for a deep dive while we wait, let me know!