No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    mtm wrote: »
    Maybe that will shut certain people up on here who have done nothing but lay blame on EON and Barbara.

Hopefully, I have been trying to say that they don’t actually distribute these films themselves.

You would think they'd realise by the name EON Productions. There's a big clue in the name there. "Production", not "Distribution"
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Univex wrote: »
    One thing. What are they doing next Monday? Craig and Eilish were set to appear on The Tonight Show. What about now? Is that a no go?

US talk shows generally don’t update their websites over the weekend. We likely won’t find out until Monday morning. Unless they rush out an updated press release.

• silva13silva13 Australia
    edited October 2020 Posts: 198
    Maybe that will shut certain people up on here who have done nothing but lay blame on EON and Barbara.

Thankyou!
    I doubt Barbara and Michael are at home popping the champagne over this, I'm sure they would be devastated. As would the whole cast and crew!
    The wait til a bond movie almost feels like christmas eve in a way and I bet they're having anxiety over whether we will enjoy their gift 😂😂
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    471774_1277081935911_full.jpg
    Let s delay the film again, Michael !
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming

=))
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 6,677
    People are resistant to think about the changes that have already happened in the world. Covid and pandemics are now a reality. And that reality will stick around for some time, and when it's gone, humankind and society at large will have changed, just like they changed after the two world wars in the 20th century. Costumes, values, habits, priorities, …, all will change.

I, for one, am sad for this sort of death and forced need for mourning, as are the more lucid people who choose not to be in denial. I have no ideia if cinemas will survive. The industry will probably have to redefine itself.

I don't believe NTTD will be in cinemas in April. I really don't. This whole situation is getting worse and worse, and it won't be gone anytime soon. They will have to adapt themselves and think of new infrastructures, dynamics, and monetary values.

The world has changed already. People have to keep up and adapt quickly.

I understand the delay, I just don't think April 2021 will be a real possibility. I don't even know if a cinema release will be a possibility. Wish it was, but I don't believe it.

I don't think April is happening. And I'm not going to emotionally invest on that date.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    One thing. What are they doing next Monday? Craig and Eilish were set to appear on The Tonight Show. What about now? Is that a no go?

US talk shows generally don’t update their websites over the weekend. We likely won’t find out until Monday morning. Unless they rush out an updated press release.

DC & co still listed. And I posted the same thing as you did. They don't update during the weekend.

https://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show
  • What I would give at times (especially now) to have been alive and a Bond fan during the 60s, 70s and 80s. Oh well.

Luckily, I've still got most of the Ian Fleming novels to read for the first time - Diamonds are Forever is sitting on top of my bedroom drawers as I write this and that's my next one to read (I don't read nearly as much as I used to).
    People are resistant to think about the changes that have already happened in the world. Covid and pandemics are now a reality. And that reality will stick around for some time, and when it's gone, humankind and society at large will have changed, just like they changed after the two world wars in the 20th century. Costumes, values, habits, priorities, …, all will change.

I, for one, am sad for this sort of death and forced need for mourning, as are the more lucid people who choose not to be in denial. I have no ideia if cinemas will survive. The industry will probably have to redefine itself.

I don't believe NTTD will be in cinemas in April. I really don't. This whole situation is getting worse and worse, and it won't be gone anytime soon. They will have to adapt themselves and think of new infrastructures, dynamics, and monetary values.

The world has changed already. People have to keep up and adapt quickly.

I understand the delay, I just don't think April 2021 will be a real possibility.

I hate that you're right! Amazing post all the same!
    "The world is arming faster than we can respond, where is 007?"
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

:))
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    The delay is nobody's fault. But it's funny to think that when a new trailer arrives in March, lots of fans would still be unsure when watching it.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    RedNine wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume someone has come back under a different alias? Same vitriolic rhetoric agains the Broccoli and all.

With all due respect I think that criticising producers for failing to meet the dates, taking ages to produce movies, allowing a movie like Die Another Day to be released in the shape it was released or borrowing a plot point from Austin Powers, wasting the resources is a bit more fair criticism than saying stuff like Barbara is in love with Daniel. She can't be immune to crticism because her father did so much for the franchise. I appreciate her work but at the same time we have to acknowledge that she and Micheal made some mistakes along the way and that they do not deliever in some of the areas as well as people on their positions should be. But sure, call me a troll without actually responding to anything I wrote, why not

I don’t think he’s talking about you

I really wasn't. But I never mentioned that bold part. He sure seems to know exactly who I'm referring to. And some new accounts just spawned and started with vitriol the minute the news broke. So, we should all beware and not engage some people.

All and all, they've made the right decision. People safety is far more important than a movie. That's all.

This plandemic has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with politics.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    RedNine wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume someone has come back under a different alias? Same vitriolic rhetoric agains the Broccoli and all.

With all due respect I think that criticising producers for failing to meet the dates, taking ages to produce movies, allowing a movie like Die Another Day to be released in the shape it was released or borrowing a plot point from Austin Powers, wasting the resources is a bit more fair criticism than saying stuff like Barbara is in love with Daniel. She can't be immune to crticism because her father did so much for the franchise. I appreciate her work but at the same time we have to acknowledge that she and Micheal made some mistakes along the way and that they do not deliever in some of the areas as well as people on their positions should be. But sure, call me a troll without actually responding to anything I wrote, why not

I don’t think he’s talking about you

I really wasn't. But I never mentioned that bold part. He sure seems to know exactly who I'm referring to. And some new accounts just spawned and started with vitriol the minute the news broke. So, we should all beware and not engage some people.

All and all, they've made the right decision. People safety is far more important than a movie. That's all.

This plandemic has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with politics.

Give it a rest.

That seems like a slightly irresponsible thing to say..
    Remember, 15 days to flatten the curve! What a joke; and what a joke people are who believe the lies and nonsense coming from the mainstream narrative. You are everything wrong with the world today and when the powers-that-be go into full-on Orwellian lock down mode, you will be prisoners just like everyone else.

It's pathetic how weak, ignorant, and malleable humanity has become. You want a picture of the future? Imagine a boot stomping on a human face. Forever.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    silva13 wrote: »

Thankyou!
    I doubt Barbara and Michael are at home popping the champagne over this, I'm sure they would be devastated. As would the whole cast and crew!
    The wait til a bond movie almost feels like christmas eve in a way and I bet they're having anxiety over whether we will enjoy their gift 😂😂

Yes, I tend to feel it must be especially frustrating for Lashana Lynch as she’s the only member of the main cast who hasn’t fully broken through yet (although obviously I know she’s not exactly an unknown having been in Marvel) and this could be the film that makes her a star in her own right. Must be annoying to see it sort of dribbling out.
    Remember, 15 days to flatten the curve! What a joke; and what a joke people are who believe the lies and nonsense coming from the mainstream narrative. You are everything wrong with the world today and when the powers-that-be go into full-on Orwellian lock down mode, you will be prisoners just like everyone else.

It's pathetic how weak, ignorant, and malleable humanity has become. You want a picture of the future? Imagine a boot stomping on a human face. Forever.

You literally sound like Elliot Carver. I don't suppose you have a nehru jacket and a keypad do you? People have died, countries completely shut down. NO one likes being told what to do or how to live, but atleast have the brain capacity to care for other people and save lives?

Also weak ignorance is people that refuse to adapt to a deadly virus because they're afraid it will impede on their distorted perception of freedom
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    The delay is nobody's fault. But it's funny to think that when a new trailer arrives in March, lots of fans would still be unsure when watching it.

So just like SP we will have 3 trailers again, funny we thought they will only release one trailer and few tv spots. Let's just hope, nothing get's leaked before release.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Fun thing is you could watch the Bond movies in order, one a week, from next week and that should take you up to the release of NTTD.

Thankyou!

Yes, I tend to feel it must be especially frustrating for Lashana Lynch as she’s the only member of the main cast who hasn’t fully broken through yet (although obviously I know she’s not exactly an unknown having been in Marvel) and this could be the film that makes her a star in her own right. Must be annoying to see it sort of dribbling out.

And the rest have just moved on already in a sense, starting other projects. By the time they do promotion again they will probably have forgotten everything about the role almost !
    But yes definitely Lynch would be feeling it I'd say, mixture of anxiety and excitement.
    I hope now that it's been delayed they will be able to have some kind of premiere if they can do it safely. Would suck to direct it star in a bond film that didnt get the glamorous premiere although Craig might not mind missing it 😂
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,247

So just like SP we will have 3 trailers again, funny we thought they will only release one trailer and few tv spots. Let's just hope, nothing get's leaked before release.

Yeah. Let's hope nothing leaks, coz that's what I'm most concerned about....not necessarily the delay.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Thankyou!

And the rest have just moved on already in a sense, starting other projects. By the time they do promotion again they will probably have forgotten everything about the role almost !
    But yes definitely Lynch would be feeling it I'd say, mixture of anxiety and excitement.
    I hope now that it's been delayed they will be able to have some kind of premiere if they can do it safely. Would suck to direct it star in a bond film that didnt get the glamorous premiere although Craig might not mind missing it 😂

Yes that's a good point actually, with a Bond premiere there's a very decent chance of getting your photo on the front page of the newspapers (in the UK anyway), which would be a sad thing to miss out on if you're trying to become a movie star (life's tough for them! :D )

Anyway, important Bond marathon information ;)

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,157

Well, it is the fault of those who let the virus spread in first place, starting with Chinese wet markets to politicians mishandling the pandemic from the very beginning.

+1. This reminds me when Italian TVs and politicians kept saying "the pandemic is gonna last 15 days, as soon as the lockdown will end Covid will no longer be a thing" back in March and everyone believed them.
    Also weak ignorance is people that refuse to adapt to a deadly virus because they're afraid it will impede on their distorted perception of freedom

Very well said!

That being said, I also understand where @The_Reaper is coming from. I've been on the frontline of mental care since this all thing started (well, for the past 20 odd years, actually), and I know that politics and economics - because we live in a world where those could be stuck together in a thesaurus - stomp human values and health concerns with ease, just to maintain the economic and power status quo. In the place I live, for example, the local party, being close to elections, is no doubtably making its best to preserve tourism and the local economics, whilst keeping contagion numbers apparently down (which I firmly believe not to be the truth), and trying to get political support from the health infrastructures, which is not ethical in the slightest, just so they can keep their seats in their respective power chairs. Ugly, to say the least.

I think predictions are becoming the tool of politicians and ignorants, just like they were in the 13th century. We have to understand things have already changed, and that the only certainty is exactly that, that the future will be different. And that the future is now.

You literally sound like Elliot Carver. I don't suppose you have a nehru jacket and a keypad do you? People have died, countries completely shut down. NO one likes being told what to do or how to live, but atleast have the brain capacity to care for other people and save lives?

Why would I care about your opinion when you use the word "literally" like a 15-year-old girl? Go back to Tik Tok or post something on Instagram. Or go live in a cave somewhere while the rest of live our lives to the fullest instead of cowering away like a coward.

Why would I care about your opinion when you use the word "literally" like a 15-year-old girl? Go back to Tik Tok or post something on Instagram. Or go live in a cave somewhere while the rest of live our lives to the fullest instead of cowering away like a coward.

You legitimately sound like Elliot Carver. Better?
    I'm 25. Don't use tik tok. I like to spend as much time as possible outdoors 😊

Hey, that's not nice.

Play nice, guys. Neither of you is usually this aggressive. And both your views aren't that antagonic to begin with. So take it easy. We're all frustrated. A lot of angst is hanging around now. Just don't let it destroy your judgement and lucidity.
    @The_Reaper I'm sorry if I came across aggressive or rude. That wasn't what I set out to do in my response.
    If it's any consolation Elliot Carver is one of my favorite bond villains ;)
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    We should have known It was going to be a mess ever since we saw a button down shirt with a tie :))
    We should have known It was going to be a mess ever since we saw a button down shirt with a tie :))

Right? And corduroy!! :))