NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Is it Q's plane that's being fired at?
    The first shot, is the POV of the small jet or whatever it is ejecting from the plane.

...and I'm not sure whats passing the plane there, possibly being fired at.

TgLDVpr.jpg

Could this ship be firing at the plane?

The waters look similar in colour to the one the Q glider lands in.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The first shot, is the POV of the small jet or whatever it is ejecting from the plane.

...and I'm not sure whats passing the plane there, possibly being fired at.

TgLDVpr.jpg

Could this ship be firing at the plane?

The waters look similar in colour to the one the Q glider lands in.
    It could be. My first thought would be that those ships are backup for Bond and Nomi, but not too sure anymore.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Safin’s island could be very well defended, hence the need for a high altitude plane drop in a very small light aircraft?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,548
    MCviAqu.jpg

u6A7NV1.jpg

You know, I thought that Safin may have been on a plane in the shot we see here. Perhaps it is his plane being fired upon.

1599104225_daniel-craig-rami-malek.jpg?impolicy=website&width=534&height=356

It's at approx. 1:58 of the trailer.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,834
    @TripAces Safin is wearing what he's wearing in the forest sequence, so I think that's Safin in the helicopter that I'm assuming he uses to leave after kidnapping Madeleine?

0ro4wppbf4blu8hn_1598014778.jpeg
    pyeWUq4.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,548
    @TripAces Safin is wearing what he's wearing in the forest sequence, so I think that's Safin in the helicopter that I'm assuming he uses to leave after kidnapping Madeleine?

0ro4wppbf4blu8hn_1598014778.jpeg
    pyeWUq4.jpg

Good point

And looking more closely at the two planes, they may indeed be the same. Two of the engines are hidden, but upon closer inspection, I think I see them.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    yiFYHZh.jpg

bnSORqs.jpg

u6A7NV1.jpg

MCviAqu.jpg

If that is indeed the same plane, based on the colour of the sky it looks as though they arrive / leave the air strip at dawn, and launch the glider during daylight.

TripAces wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    The cinematography and colors look great except for maybe the teal but I just hope that there is some definite focus on Bond’s character in this movie. Hell, I’d like to see him play golf again at some point. Won’t be with Craig’s Bond though.

I agree. I would also love to see Bond going through one of the quieter moments of a Fleming routine - press-ups, taking a shower, breakfast on a balcony watching the sea, etc. but I doubt we'd ever see that on film. Maybe Tarantino would have explored this aspect, knowing how he loves to indulge in character non-action moments.

Rarely have we seen Bond eat anything, across the 24 films. In many instances, he is at the table, but we don't actually see him eating. We certainly see him drink a lot.

In the DC era, for example, I think we see only see him eating a bite of caviar, after defeating LeChiffre.

Considering the books are rammed full of Fleming's quirky desire for describing with absolute relish Bond's eating habits (particularly scrambled eggs at breakfast), its a shame this has been completely left out of the screen Bond version. Just a 5 second snippet would do.

This is the one thing I want from bond. Ordering his eggs and bacon and black coffee. Nothing fancy but simple food done to perfection.
    The widescreen shots of the Atlantic road and the db5 on the coastal road in Italy look absolute sumptuous.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    The cinematography and colors look great except for maybe the teal but I just hope that there is some definite focus on Bond’s character in this movie. Hell, I’d like to see him play golf again at some point. Won’t be with Craig’s Bond though.

I agree. I would also love to see Bond going through one of the quieter moments of a Fleming routine - press-ups, taking a shower, breakfast on a balcony watching the sea, etc. but I doubt we'd ever see that on film. Maybe Tarantino would have explored this aspect, knowing how he loves to indulge in character non-action moments.

Rarely have we seen Bond eat anything, across the 24 films. In many instances, he is at the table, but we don't actually see him eating. We certainly see him drink a lot.

In the DC era, for example, I think we see only see him eating a bite of caviar, after defeating LeChiffre.

Considering the books are rammed full of Fleming's quirky desire for describing with absolute relish Bond's eating habits (particularly scrambled eggs at breakfast), its a shame this has been completely left out of the screen Bond version. Just a 5 second snippet would do.

This is the one thing I want from bond. Ordering his eggs and bacon and black coffee. Nothing fancy but simple food done to perfection.

Maybe we'll have that in Matera (fingers crossed).
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I may be having a ptsd flashback to Die Another Day's climax - with Bond & Jinx, the cargo plane, and glider. I know NTTD's ending won't be anything like that, but I couldn't help but draw a parallel from the imagery in the latest trailer.
    I may be having a ptsd flashback to Die Another Day's climax - with Bond & Jinx, the cargo plane, and glider. I know NTTD's ending won't be anything like that, but I couldn't help but draw a parallel from the imagery in the latest trailer.

NTTD will make the incredible feat of redeeming both DAD and SP :D
  • I may be having a ptsd flashback to Die Another Day's climax - with Bond & Jinx, the cargo plane, and glider. I know NTTD's ending won't be anything like that, but I couldn't help but draw a parallel from the imagery in the latest trailer.

Cuba as a location, Bond coming back into the MI6 fold, the glider, Bond teaming up with a female operative - there are a few DAD parallels.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think if NTTD succeeds as it's looking in mixing realism and fantasy like the Bond movies of old did, EON might showcase Bond 7 in Bond 26 in that classic style again, albeit with more complexity to suit the modern times.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

Cuba as a location, Bond coming back into the MI6 fold, the glider, Bond teaming up with a female operative - there are a few DAD parallels.

Oh wow, there were more than I thought.

And the invisible Aston Martin. Oh, had you not heard about that?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    delfloria wrote: »

So Safin is actually Gustav Graves is actually Hugo Drax, confirmed? Very Good
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    How about the title itself? XD

Good news is that the two films will be like alpha and omega.
    Happy to be corrected but the new trailer made zero open references to the young girl character. I'm thinking, as with SF, we are in for some big emotional drama that people did not see coming. Based on the trailer alone, it's a really traditional Bond story (more than others in the DC series).
    patb wrote: »
    Happy to be corrected but the new trailer made zero open references to the young girl character. I'm thinking, as with SF, we are in for some big emotional drama that people did not see coming. Based on the trailer alone, it's a really traditional Bond story (more than others in the DC series).

True. But as Cary said this film will be about love and family so perhaps we are in for a quintessential Bond adventure filled with a lot of personal stuff as the emotional punch of the story.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    And loads of cars.
    mtm wrote: »
    And loads of cars.

Yeah a greatest hits with bonus tracks.
  • delfloria wrote: »

Yes, that's actually in every shot of the trailer - you just can't see it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    YOU ONLY LAUNCH TWICE – NO TIME TO DIE fires a sleek new trailer at the world as Bond’s greatest mission is to help save cinema

https://markoconnell.co.uk/you-only-launch-twice-no-time-to-die/

Well written piece there.
  • YOU ONLY LAUNCH TWICE – NO TIME TO DIE fires a sleek new trailer at the world as Bond’s greatest mission is to help save cinema

https://markoconnell.co.uk/you-only-launch-twice-no-time-to-die/

Well written piece there.

Agree - enjoyable read!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,483
    Finally caved and watched it, I'm so excited now. It feels like we can really look forward to this film. It just looks amazing and hopefully a wonderful send off to a fantastic James Bond

My main thoughts from it :
    1. Ana De Armas is going to be a fantastic Bond girl, hopefully she's in it for more than one scene but I think it will be like Severine in Skyfall, whereby she'll leave an impression. Her chemistry with Craig is electric, hopefully her character has a big part to play in the plot
    2. The action is going to be so good, the two trailers have already got my adrenaline up more than Spectre did.
    3. The dialogue seems really on point from what we've seen so far
    4. That forest sequence looks like it could be one of standout moments of the film
    5. Daniel Craig looks like he's on top form once again

My only tiny worry is that glider sequence, it just gave me DAD vibes. I hope the over the top CGI is just limited to that one scene. I'm confident it will be
    My overall impression is just childlike excitement for this film. I can't wait
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Why would Safin spray bullets (on the second floor) in the cabin? Could that mean that there's more people besides mom and Madeleine?

T4dq6Dm.jpg
    79i6BMg.jpg
    66aaNQc.jpg
    hICJDNk.jpg
    TcvKFE1.jpg
    xMfMVkA.jpg
    GGoEs7V.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    My guess @Contraband is that she's hiding, so he sprays everywhere, but she manages to escape... or maybe he shoots something by accident, causing an explosion that damages his mask? Maybe?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    My guess @Contraband is that she's hiding, so he sprays everywhere, but she manages to escape... or maybe he shoots something by accident, causing an explosion that damages his mask? Maybe?

Could be.. I wonder if he kills her mom, if that's her on the bed.