NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That Craig era recap was very well done. Hopefully they release it in English at some point.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Universal Asia/Taiwan released another shorter recap version yesterday. No new trailer footage though

Same one as posted already from Indonesia and Thailand!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    antovolk wrote: »
    Same one as posted already from Indonesia and Thailand!

Aha.. I see. Thanks
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Universal Asia/Taiwan released another shorter recap version yesterday. No new trailer footage though

Funny how Q seems to get his own little section; I wonder if he's particularly popular in Asia.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "Meet Safin"

Already been posted
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Not necessarily. The shot used in the previous trailer might have been an alternate take or digitally adjusted well before the previous release date.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Yes exactly.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I wish I hadn't seen that. I will end up looking at the procession and not the bike jump *head desk*
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,157
    Not necessarily. The shot used in the previous trailer might have been an alternate take or digitally adjusted well before the previous release date.

Feel free to correct me but I believe that the Rogue One trailer intentionally featured a lot of shots from scenes that never made it into the final cut so that it wouldn't give anything away but still tease the movie. The same principle might have been applied here and alternate takes have been used as @CraigMooreOHMSS .
    Skyfall and Spectre trailers featured alternate takes of the "resurrection" and "I was taking some overdue holiday" lines.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

This. It's akin to the SF trailer using a different shot of Patrice falling or both SF and SP using different deliveries of lines from trailer to finished product.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

I'm pretty sure, that the latest trailer was finished in February and was held back because of the delay in early march.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The film that will come out is the same that was supposed to come out back in April, period.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,950
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This. It's akin to the SF trailer using a different shot of Patrice falling or both SF and SP using different deliveries of lines from trailer to finished product.

Plus we've already seen some different, digitally adjusted backgrounds to the Matera bridge jump scene. This sort of stuff happens all the time with movies: the effects aren't always finished when they put the trailer out.

Yeah I remember being disappointed with that: the Patrice fall in the trailer I remember being better! :)
    Doesn't he have a slightly naff, Darth Maul-style bounce in the final version?
    @mtm, that he does, and it's CGI, too, whereas that trailer shot (to me) seemed practical. Bummed me out when I first saw it in theaters.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @mtm, that he does, and it's CGI, too, whereas that trailer shot (to me) seemed practical. Bummed me out when I first saw it in theaters.

Yes same here: I remember actually being disappointed watching it for the first time.
    mtm wrote: »

Yes same here: I remember actually being disappointed watching it for the first time.

And as insignificant as it is, I remember absolutely loving the delivery of the "Mommy was very bad" line in the trailer but not caring for the hurried delivery of it in the full film. Totally minor, doesn't take away anything from the film as a whole, but it's certainly noticeable for me.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

In terms of scenes being cut. In the SP trailers, we saw Bond walking through an MI6 office, and a woman in glasses turns to look at him. I remember thinking that that was Vogel, which would have made sense. But alas, that scene was eventually cut. You'll see here (and I'm sure it'll jog your memory) at :29.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, funnily enough that bit pops up in the new International recap trailer for NTTD! :)
    Yes, funnily enough that bit pops up in the new International recap trailer for NTTD! :)

Haha. I had not realized it. I'll have to rewatch it.
  • History of violence...I could be speaking to my own reflection
    Has already been said today?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Interestingly, while that scene never ended up featuring in the final film, Mark Tildesley would later recreate that set for NTTD (which can be seen in the first trailer when Moneypenny says “I thought you two would get along”.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Interestingly, while that scene never ended up featuring in the final film, Mark Tildesley would later recreate that set for NTTD (which can be seen in the first trailer when Moneypenny says “I thought you two would get along”.

Yep. I notice it now. Very nice.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes indeed, and we saw it on the Prince Charles set visit. I think it ends up being right outside Moneypenny's office?

The set does feature in Spectre in another scene though: it's where Blofeld spies over security camera on M giving his farewell speech to his staff.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,277
    ]This. It's akin to the SF trailer using a different shot of Patrice falling or both SF and SP using different deliveries of lines from trailer to finished product.

This:

https://gfycat.com/aliveimpassionediriomotecat

Am I the only one in thinking the final version makes far more sense in the context of the scene vs the trailer version? Patrice falling to his death in slow-mo would’ve been pretty jarring.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Am I the only one in thinking the final version makes far more sense in the context of the scene vs the trailer version? Patrice falling to his death in slow-mo would’ve been pretty jarring.

True, but just because it was slow-mo in the trailer doesn't mean it would have been the same in the final film. Of course, there must be a reason why they went with the one they did. Interestingly, it's not just the body that is different - the entire background is also changed. I wonder what it was that they didn't like about it?

We'll never know for sure, I suppose.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    My only issue with Patrice's death in the final version was the obvious CGI :/
    Denbigh wrote: »
    My only issue with Patrice's death in the final version was the obvious CGI :/

Same here. The rest of the sequence is sound, but him falling like a rubbery CGI character is bad to me.