Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

1394041424345»

Comments

Walecs wrote: »
    Octopussy wrote: »
    Maybe it will take The Rise of Skywalker approach and forget the film before it.
    Fixed that for you. The Last Jedi didn't ignore anything from The Force Awakens, it just went in a direction which was different than what anyone expected.

Bearing in mind TLJ begins immediately after the events of TFA.

Threepio has a red arm at the end of Force Awakens...he suddenly has his regular golden arm back at the beginning of Last Jedi.

Kylo Renn has a scar going down between his eyebrows and down the side of his mouth at the end of TFA...for some reason the scar has migrated over to his right eyebrow and down his cheek at the begining of TLJ.

The knights of Renn from TFA are completely ignored by TLJ.

TFA presents Anakins lightsaber to Luke at the end of TFA...Johnson decides '' Nah screw that shit! '' and has Luke toss it away.

Poe almost single handedly destroys StarKiller base in TFA..a fact which is pretty much ignored in TLJ,and Leia and Admiral Gender studies treat him like hes a liability!

I could go on but i havnt got all night.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    Maybe it will take The Rise of Skywalker approach and forget the film before it.
    Fixed that for you. The Last Jedi didn't ignore anything from The Force Awakens, it just went in a direction which was different than what anyone expected.

Threepio has a red arm at the end of Force Awakens...he suddenly has his regular golden arm back at the beginning of Last Jedi.

Kylo Renn has a scar going down between his eyebrows and down the side of his mouth at the end of TFA...for some reason the scar has migrated over to his right eyebrow and down his cheek at the begining of TLJ.

TFA presents Anakins lightsaber to Luke at the end of TFA...Johnson decides '' Nah screw that shit! '' and has Luke toss it away.

Poe almost single handedly destroys StarKiller base in TFA..a fact which is pretty much ignored in TLJ,and Leia and Admiral Gender studies treat him like hes a liability!

None of those examples make your case.

None of those examples make your case.

They do,you just dont like being proven wrong.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Honestly, some of those examples are so trivial, and others show a fundamental lack of understanding. For example, Poe may have destroyed Starkiller Base, but he still disobeyed direct orders from Leia and deserved to the demotion. His whole arc is about learning that there’s no shame in a strategic retreat.

And everything with Luke IMO was perfect and made total sense from what TFA laid out. The guy abandoned everything in TFA, so it makes sense his first response to Rey is “go away”.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Knights of Ren were barely a thing in TFA, they got a passing mention on a single line! Even The Clone Wars were more important in Episode IV.

How is that "ignoring"? Ignoring would mean that Anakin's lightsaber would not even be there, it just went in a different direction then you expected. Whether it was a good or bad direction is debatable, but it was not "ignored".

Poe's accomplishments are not ignored, they're just not enough to grant him full trust.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited August 2020 Posts: 280
    Poe absolutely made the right decision at the beginning of TLJ. If he hadn't done what he did, they would've all been killed. And TFA left a lot of possibilities for Luke, despite it's myraid of issues elsewhere. TLJ was the film that character assassinated him.
  • So, why we talking about Star Wars in this thread?!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    My only concern is more to do with how people are going to respond to the film. With more spoilers coming out and just the controversial nature of this particular film, I'm wondering if some have already made their mind up about this one.
    Agent_One wrote: »
    And TFA left a lot of possibilities for Luke, despite it's myraid of issues elsewhere.

TLJ was the film that character assassinated him.

That's totally irrelevant.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    My only concern is more to do with how people are going to respond to the film. With more spoilers coming out and just the controversial nature of this particular film, I'm wondering if some have already made their mind up about this one.

I think it's either going to be brilliant or another Spectre. When I saw the trailer my jaw was on the floor, but the personal angle again made me think we've been here before. If they can execute that as well as they did in CR it'll be great. The fact that they have some stuff in here that is meant to shock us (Naomie Harris' words) could go one of two ways - either it'll work brilliantly or it will be another Brofeld moment.
    And TFA left a lot of possibilities for Luke, despite it's myraid of issues elsewhere.

How is it irrelevant? Luke didn't have to be on Acht-To to die in TFA. Luke didn't have to have been destroyed as a character in TFA. There was a lot you could do with him. TLJ is the one that made those choices.
  • Agent_One wrote: »

How is it irrelevant? Luke didn't have to be on Acht-To to die in TFA. Luke didn't have to have been destroyed as a character in TFA. There was a lot you could do with him. TLJ is the one that made those choices.

WRONG THREAD
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Denbigh wrote: »

Looking at some comments here on this forum during the production, that certainly seems to be the case. As for general audiences, how much do they really pay attention to these things? The friends I usually watch films with are aware that there's a new Bond film coming at some point, but they don't really know anything about it (other than what a few trailers have shown, of course).

That's not "ignoring TFA's storylines", it's "developing them differently than I expected".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Looking at some comments here on this forum during the production, that certainly seems to be the case. As for general audiences, how much do they really pay attention to these things? The friends I usually watch films with are aware that there's a new Bond film coming at some point, but they don't really know anything about it (other than what a few trailers have shown, of course).

Same here. Some don t even know who is playing Bond this time. Could it be Idris Elba? Lashana Lynch?

Same here. Some don t even know who is playing Bond this time. Could it be Idris Elba? Lashana Lynch?

Or "Is it that blonde guy playing Bond again?", as one friend asked me.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,541

You should have replied "his hair is a bit white now".

You should have replied "his hair is a bit white now".

I did, only I said "grey"! :))
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2020 Posts: 5,834

That is true. It's just a shame that what could be a good film will possibly be tainted by controversial expectations caused by unnecessary outrage.

That's not "ignoring TFA's storylines", it's "developing them differently than I expected".
    It developed them poorly, then.

I love how you keep missing the point only to push your agenda further.

What agenda?

What agenda?

That TLJ is a bad movie.
  • Walecs wrote: »

What agenda?

That TLJ is a bad movie.

Again wrong thread - there is a Star Wars thread.

What agenda?

That TLJ is a bad movie.

Who cares, whenever I try to PM users or move the discussion to the proper thread they just ignore me. Hijacking the threads apparently is the only way to keep their focus.
  • Walecs wrote: »

What agenda?

That TLJ is a bad movie.

Who cares, whenever I try to PM users or move the discussion to the proper thread they just ignore me. Hijacking the threads apparently is the only way to keep their focus.

I despair...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

What agenda?

That TLJ is a bad movie.

I despair...

Just ignore it and continue with what you want to talk about.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 280
    I'll stop posting about SW in this thread, as it's clearly annoying you all. Apologies.
  • Agent_One wrote: »
    I'll stop posting about SW in this thread, as it's clearly annoying you all. Apologies.

Thank you.

That is true. It's just a shame that what could be a good film will possibly be tainted by controversial expectations caused by unnecessary outrage.

Indeed. The fact that there's such outrage (by some) about a film yet to be released, is just silly.