Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,185
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    If GoldenEye came out today @The_Reaper would utterly hate it for supposedly pushing a feminist/PC agenda.

And TND just as much, i bet someone could easily cut a "woke" trailer out of both these films, just to prove a point to the easily offended.
    This whole "wait to see the movie" argument means little to nothing. We have enough dialogue/directives from the creatives at this point (plus their particular political leanings) to have a good understanding where this might be going. Plus, considering the recent shifting of male-centrist film tropes to more feminist attitudes within our culture the last few years, this current incarnation of Bond is potentially troubling to say the least.

You are aware that all these conspiracy theories points apply to all the Bond films from the last 30 years? Did you not like any of those?

Bond films are always non political, no matter who's involved.

I agree though that female-centricism has become a bandwagon in 2019, but from the trailers how could anyone think this film is female centric when Bond is kicking all the ass?

I, myself, was worried BEFORE the trailers dropped, not after. Now it's just tedious reading this stuff.

If you wanna be worried for 8 month, then go ahead, sounds like fun. But i'll pass, thank you.

Until now. Craig has already stated that Donald Trump will feature in the film. https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/daniel-craig-donald-trump-bond-film-104856767.html

"Daniel Craig has revealed President Donald Trump will feature — in some way — in the next James Bond movie “No Time To Die.”"

To be fair, that's not what he said. The writer of the article put it that way. Craig also mentioned Boris Johnson and that the presence of grandstanding politics would be felt in comparison with Bond as a character, who just wants to get the job done. Just like he always has, as he's apolitical. As he's generally non-political, as @peter said. This is fairly in keeping with Bond's history of fitting in to a political climate without actively saying what is right and wrong.

On the other hand, you make it sound like Trump is going to have a supporting role. Maybe he is bankrolling Safin?

Trump joins Felix in Jamaica. :))

Trump: Look, we have the best mission for you, it's gonna be tremendous. You make a lot of money, we make a lot of money, everybody wins. It's gonna be great.

Felix: Dude, can you just shut up already, and let me do the talking, please? God, why did i agree to this...
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Why stop there.

12frh0.jpg
    I predict more memes in the future...please add more.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I predict more memes in the future...please add more.

Forget the memes. Any response to the above post?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Shardlake wrote: »
    One has to feel sorry for the white marginalised male.

Wow That was racist again we have people who despise racism but then do it themselves.
    This is literally NOMI of Yesteryear, they even storm the lair together...
    tomorrow-never-dies-1997.jpg

Sure, TND might not be regarded as a classic by most, but no one would say it has a Feminist agenda, and that is because Bond is still Bond. He literally doesn't give a flying fart about Wai Lin and what she's capable of. He's not intimidated by her (and you shouldn't be either). Throughout the film she proves herself and then he learns to respect her. Simple.

People act like Nomi is having Bond on a leash in the final battle or something. Those are equal partners, with Bond doing the heavy lifting as always.

This is not a new concept people. They are doing the same thing over and over, and some get their panties in a bunch because they believe everything they read in the news (they should have learned from Bond not to).

There's one difference but I'm not getting into it hopefully I'm wrong though and I can breathe easy.
    If GoldenEye came out today @The_Reaper would utterly hate it for supposedly pushing a feminist/PC agenda.

And TND just as much, i bet someone could easily cut a "woke" trailer out of both these films, just to prove a point to the easily offended.
    This whole "wait to see the movie" argument means little to nothing. We have enough dialogue/directives from the creatives at this point (plus their particular political leanings) to have a good understanding where this might be going. Plus, considering the recent shifting of male-centrist film tropes to more feminist attitudes within our culture the last few years, this current incarnation of Bond is potentially troubling to say the least.

You are aware that all these conspiracy theories points apply to all the Bond films from the last 30 years? Did you not like any of those?

Bond films are always non political, no matter who's involved.

I agree though that female-centricism has become a bandwagon in 2019, but from the trailers how could anyone think this film is female centric when Bond is kicking all the ass?

I, myself, was worried BEFORE the trailers dropped, not after. Now it's just tedious reading this stuff.

If you wanna be worried for 8 month, then go ahead, sounds like fun. But i'll pass, thank you.

Until now. Craig has already stated that Donald Trump will feature in the film. https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/daniel-craig-donald-trump-bond-film-104856767.html

"Daniel Craig has revealed President Donald Trump will feature — in some way — in the next James Bond movie “No Time To Die.”"

Every moment in history is unprecedented. We can't afford to sit back and assume this or that based solely on the films of the past. We can, however, look at recent trends and determine the possible direction a film may or may not go.

If you were to make a bet, which is the more likely scenario? That due to recent shifts in the film industry, combined with the vast political pressure studios are under not to offend people, Bond will be as PC as possible or more like the "misogynistic dinosaur" of the past?

I think you have a point in keeping expectations low before going in to NTTD. At least that way disappointment will be minimal, and who knows, you may end up being pleasantly surprised due to low expectations.

At least that is what I hope to happen for me.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Wow That was racist again we have people who despise racism but then do it themselves.

Lol, that’s not what racism is, so you might as well stop clutching your pearls.

Lol, that’s not what racism is, so you might as well stop clutching your pearls.

I guess you wouldn't know all you do is lash insults and little jabs and be a little smart alec anyway. That you think is funny but it really isn't.

I guess you wouldn't know all you do is lash insults and little jabs and be a smart alec anyway.

That’s totally inaccurate!

My jabs are so big! They’re the biggest anyone’s ever seen! It’s unbelievable. And I am a really really smart guy, so thanks. ;)

I guess you wouldn't know all you do is lash insults and little jabs and be a smart alec anyway.

That’s totally inaccurate!

My jabs are so big! They’re the biggest anyone’s ever seen! It’s unbelievable. And I am a really really smart guy, so thanks. ;)

Totally accurate you are smart at insults you have a great career ahead your no different then our president you despise.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,025
    Could be worse. I could negatively overreact to the casting of an African-English actor as James Bond like those folks on twitter.
    Could be worse. I could negatively overreact to the casting of an African-English actor as James Bond like those folks on twitter.

Maybe because Bond was written white of course that doesn't matter because pc culture can turn things into what ever it wants usually make the brand unregconizable and a laughing stock and move on to destroy the next thing. Its really no different to the cronovirus. Your not part of the Twitter mob that's surprising that's good. I'll give you credit there they are way more harsh.

Maybe because Bond was written white of course that doesn't matter because pc culture can turn things into what ever it wants usually make the brand unregconizable and a laughing stock and move on to destroy the next thing. Its really no different to the cronovirus. Your not part of the Twitter mob that's surprising that's good. I'll give you credit there they are way more harsh.

Uhm…That's really not comparable @007Blofeld. Not at all.

Daniel Craig doesn’t resemble Fleming’s Bond with his blond hair, and yet we did just fine with him. Shouldn’t be any different with Bond.

@Torgeirtrap no it's not really not your right it's more like the black plague.

Daniel Craig doesn’t resemble Fleming’s Bond with his blond hair, and yet we did just fine with him. Shouldn’t be any different with Bond.

He is still white though. Not everyone is fine with him I've seen some who don't like his Bond and are waiting for his neverending run to be over.

He is still white though.

Superman was white, yet we had a half-Asian actor play him and there wasn’t much of a fuss. Shouldn’t be an issue with Bond.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Can we keep our concerns and niggles for Bond26 to ourselves for now?
    And get back to our concerns and niggles for NTTD? Of which there really shouldn't be any but whatever.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,034
    @007Blofeld if you want people to stop making fun of you, stop posting comments that are worthy of being made fun of.
    My niggle is waiting 8 months, but it’s so minor it might as well be like being upset over the gun barrel not opening the film.

He is still white though.

Superman was white, yet we had a half-Asian actor play him and there wasn’t much of a fuss. Shouldn’t be an issue with Bond.

I'm sure there is fuss just from your prospective there isn't.
    Stay on topic, and find something that’s not much of a big deal to be upset over NTTD. ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Knock it off allready.
    @007Blofeld if you want people to stop making fun of you, stop posting comments that are easily made fun of.

@CraigMooreOHMSS so I can't say what I want maybe to you it's silly go ahead but your only being a bully and a troll I hope you have a great life living that way.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,293

Please say this is a joke (and if so, it's really in bad taste)…
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,034
    @007Blofeld if you want people to stop making fun of you, stop posting comments that are easily made fun of.

@CraigMooreOHMSS so I can't say what I want maybe to you it's silly go ahead but your only being a bully and a troll I hope you have a great life living that way.

You're absolutely allowed say what you want, just as we are allowed pull it apart if we find it idiotic. That's how free speech works, dude. Grow up.

It's typically consistent with some of the other things he has come out with in relation to Lashana Lynch. Racism thinly veiled as being upset with "things being ruined".

I think he genuinely meant comparing coronavirus to the Black Plague, rather than intentionally mean to refer to casting black actors in white roles.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    I’ll be interested to see if the runtime remains 2 hr 43 min. Obviously there will be some minor edits going on, but we’ll see to what extent the runtime might change between now and Nov.

You're absolutely allowed say what you want, just as we are allowed pull it apart if we find it idiotic. That's how free speech works, dude. Grow up.

It's typically consistent with some of the other things he has come out with in relation to Lashana Lynch. Racism thinly veiled as being upset with "things being ruined".
    Oh yeah its consistent alright I wasn't even talking about her i think she would be great anyway maybe she will if she wasn't used as an agenda unlike ana de Armas I would be fine just because I don't like a part doesn't mean I'm automatically secretly racist now look it who is the one that is idoitic now your just spewing lies and writing stuff i didn't even say.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS no I'm not allowed to because it has to agree with your prospective otherwise its idoitic. That's not free speech. I'm done with this your just being silly now. Have a great day let's just end this.
    I’ll be interested to see if the runtime remains 2 hr 43 min. Obviously there will be some minor edits going on, but we’ll see to what extent the runtime might change between now and Nov.

I can't imagine it'll change too much at all.