Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Yakuza Kiwami
    703416.jpg
    Sega's complete, from the ground up, remake of the ps2 2005 original Yakuza game.

I just got passed the Kiryu's fight to escape the funeral home. That gave my fingers a good workout. This game is hitting with revelations like a Mike Tyson right hook! First Kazama, then Nishiki. These games really keep you on your toes regarding the characters you meet. And Majima attacking at ramdom like some derranged version of Cato, from the Pink Panther films, will certainly keep me on my toes.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    516MAOggOoL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    I was addicted to the Vegas games when they were released. Somehow all my saved data has vanished, so a good excuse to play the entire game again.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    I was addicted to the Vegas games when they were released. Somehow all my saved data has vanished, so a good excuse to play the entire game again.

Lost all of my multiplayer progress on R6 Vegas several years ago. I was in the top 1000 players and my PS3 broke... you'd figure online profiles would be stored server side, but unfortunately not.

Still, a great game. Playing the campaign on Realistic as well as Terrorist Hunt. Good times.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Those two Vegas titles were incredible. My clan on the first one held the number one spot for a couple of weeks at one point. Was a very competitive and exciting time for gaming for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Agent_47 wrote: »

Lost all of my multiplayer progress on R6 Vegas several years ago. I was in the top 1000 players and my PS3 broke... you'd figure online profiles would be stored server side, but unfortunately not.

Still, a great game. Playing the campaign on Realistic as well as Terrorist Hunt. Good times.

I had two profiles on Xbox live when I had a 360, the saved games must have been on my other profile. Just playing the first level it's all flooded back, the game play is great.

I could not get into Rainbow Six Siege I probably don't have the patience I once had.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I just bought a year of PlayStation Now. Basically Netflix for PlayStation. So I am revisiting Fallout New Vegas which I havent played in 6-7 years since I sold my Xbox 360. Brings back some good memories
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Yeah, I'm iffy about jumping into R6 Siege as well. Sounds like it has a pretty steep learning curve in comparison to R6V.

@Last_Rat_Standing Fallout New Vegas is fantastic. Probably the best of the bunch (Excluding Fallout 1/2) If you enjoy New Vegas than you should check out The Outer Worlds, it's basically a spiritual successor.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Yeah, I'm iffy about jumping into R6 Siege as well. Sounds like it has a pretty steep learning curve in comparison to R6V.

@Last_Rat_Standing Fallout New Vegas is fantastic. Probably the best of the bunch (Excluding Fallout 1/2) If you enjoy New Vegas than you should check out The Outer Worlds, it's basically a spiritual successor.

Never played 1 or 2. Started with from 3 on. I'll look into The Outer Worlds.
    Just beat Murdered soul suspect and have been playing LEGO Batman 3 and Deus Ex to get achievements
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Those two Vegas titles were incredible. My clan on the first one held the number one spot for a couple of weeks at one point. Was a very competitive and exciting time for gaming for me.

I have never really played it online (it's rare I play online with any game), I enjoyed the terrorist hunt though that was fun.
    I have bought Rainbow 6 Siege twice, first when it was released though I sold it soon after. Then I bought it again in the Easter Sale on Monday, I received a refund yesterday lol

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Terrorist Hunt was a very fun game mode. While I never got into the online modes too much in Rainbow Six: Siege, I played TH on there a lot and it was equally engaging.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Terrorist Hunt was a very fun game mode. While I never got into the online modes too much in Rainbow Six: Siege, I played TH on there a lot and it was equally engaging.

I am probably getting old lol though I struggle with the menu of some games Star Wars Battlefront games and Rainbow 6 Siege being two examples, I get lost with all the sub menu's mini games and character tweaks etc. I prefer games that just have a press to start button and all the achievements and changes are accrued as you play. I had Rainbow 6 Siege with all the DLC's.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Just beat Murdered soul suspect and have been playing LEGO Batman 3 and Deus Ex to get achievements

Deus Ex is so good, but I completely forgot that Murdered: Soul Suspect even existed. Never picked it up myself but it always looked interesting.

I am currently playing Death Stranding on PS4 and just finished Resident Evil: Remake.

Death Stranding shouldn't be for me, yet somehow I am hooked. It's a fascinating game. The tranquility when roaming the baron landscape, the anxiety when coming across the BT's and on top of that, always managing your cargo and battling the terrain, it has these peaks and valleys (literally) that make it a bit of a roller coaster.... a slow moving rollar coaster.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I’m all about StarCraft 2 these days. If anyone plays, we should meet up online!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Murdered: Soul Suspect was unfairly ignored on release. Not the longest or least linear game out there, but it has some unique elements to it.
    I enjoyed Murdered souls suspect there are a few things that if your religious will make Little to no sense but in terms of concept and game it was like LA Noir without the driving segments

Over all I enjoyed the game and might even revisit it some day I am trying to beat my brothers achievement score which is forcing me to play games I wouldn’t normally play as I had (before I got achievement hungry) downloaded the original splinter cell on my 360 (I always said I would update systems when they released a new 007 game they have not so here we are)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Final Fantasy VII Remake, for me. So far, so good.

Recently ran my course through Resident Evil 3 Remake. I was left extremely disappointed.
    Final Fantasy VII Remake, for me. So far, so good.

Recently ran my course through Resident Evil 3 Remake. I was left extremely disappointed.

I've heard excellent things about FF7 Remake. Wish I had a PS4 for it.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    My recent games:

Control: This game is fantastic. It’s a supernatural third-person shooter, set in the headquarters of the “Federal Bureau of Control.” It’s basically SCP: Containment Breach with a bigger budget. Highly recommend.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: This game’s sense of humor is great, and I love the visual style and all around 80’s goodness. I see why so many people like this game, but for me it suffers the same problem that all open world games present for me; I just don’t care. I like when a game loads me from one mission to the next, taking me through a story in a direct, linear, cinematic way. If you give me an open world to wander around in, I’ll immediately get bored and stop caring.

Just Cause 3: After playing around with the grapple, parachute, wing suit, and driving controls, there’s literary nothing enjoyable left to do. I deleted it already to make space.

Goat Simulator: A meme game. Fun for like 15 minutes.
    My recent games:

Control: This game is fantastic. It’s a supernatural third-person shooter, set in the headquarters of the “Federal Bureau of Control.” It’s basically SCP: Containment Breach with a bigger budget. Highly recommend.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: This game’s sense of humor is great, and I love the visual style and all around 80’s goodness. I see why so many people like this game, but for me it suffers the same problem that all open world games present for me; I just don’t care. I like when a game loads me from one mission to the next, taking me through a story in a direct, linear, cinematic way. If you give me an open world to wander around in, I’ll immediately get bored and stop caring.

Just Cause 3: After playing around with the grapple, parachute, wing suit, and driving controls, there’s literary nothing enjoyable left to do. I deleted it already to make space.

If you like Goat Simulator, I understand there's a good goose game out that people have been enjoying.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    My recent games:

If you like Goat Simulator, I understand there's a good goose game out that people have been enjoying.

Ah yes I’ve seen that. It looks fun. I’ve also seen the desktop goose that messes with your mouse and drags goose memes in front of your screen.
    achievements are getting harder to come by as I am stuck in ghostbusters I played a bit more of lego Batman...

I have a weird urge to replay TellTale Batman but unsure if I will do it soon
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,526
    achievements are getting harder to come by as I am stuck in ghostbusters I played a bit more of lego Batman...

I was pretty unimpressed with TellTale Batman. Tons of performance issues from a game that isn't going for super realistic graphics. Some gaps in the story as well.

I was pretty unimpressed with TellTale Batman. Tons of performance issues from a game that isn't going for super realistic graphics. Some gaps in the story as well.

I liked Tell Tale's Batman (and championed them to do bond)

However there were serious flaws in both season 1 and 2....

however you get to sleep with catwoman in season 1 so that is ALWAYS a bonus in my book

my main issue was the portrayal of Alfred and Bruce Wayne not having a disguise when he worked with Harley... Oh and the joker... but yeah episode one was super fun
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Yeah there was definitely some strange stuff going on with Joker now that you've reminded me. :P I always like when they try to do something interesting with characters that have existed for decades... even when it doesn't totally land.

I understand the guy in charge of TellTale wanted to do a Bond game more than any other franchise but struggled to get the licence... I'll see if I can dredge up an article about it.

EDIT: There's also this article from MI6 HQ that says there may have even been one in production.
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/gaming-007-solstice-telltale-games-leak?id=04272

Telltale President Wants James Bond:
    https://xblafans.com/telltale-president-wants-james-bond-73457.html
    I would of at least checked out Solstice if it happened not saying it would of been as good as nightfire or Goldeneye reloaded but it cant be worse then 007 racing
    I would of at least checked out Solstice if it happened not saying it would of been as good as nightfire or Goldeneye reloaded but it cant be worse then 007 racing

I agree that the main problem with basically all modern Bond video games is their total focus on the aspect of James Bond that is shooting and killing people. It's a large part of the character, but there's so much more to it than that. I'm very interested in exploring different ways to interact in the world of James Bond that encompasses more than just the shooting.

I agree that the main problem with basically all modern Bond video games is their total focus on the aspect of James Bond that is shooting and killing people. It's a large part of the character, but there's so much more to it than that. I'm very interested in exploring different ways to interact in the world of James Bond that encompasses more than just the shooting.

I'd love to see IO Interactive or Eidos Montreal work on a Bond game. They have experience in creating stealth action games that allow for player freedom in both gameplay and narrative.

I'd love to see IO Interactive or Eidos Montreal work on a Bond game. They have experience in creating stealth action games that allow for player freedom in both gameplay and narrative.

I understand Splinter Cell started it's life as a Bond game, that dropped the licence at some point in it's development. Might be a fun game to play to get that Bond stealth feel.

I understand Splinter Cell started it's life as a Bond game, that dropped the licence at some point in it's development. Might be a fun game to play to get that Bond stealth feel.

I've already completed every Splinter Cell game several times over... easily one of my favourite video game franchises of all time. Wish we would get a new one.

On another note...

Which Bond game do you think best represents the film franchise as a whole?