Coronavirus Discussion

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The Chinese communist government is a snake China is lying they are getting worse not better and now they are going to rerelease people back into society and apparently they are hogging equipment to fight the virus and giving countries faulty equipment to blame the west. They already claim the u.s. army did it with a bio weapon which is false.

Some claimed the Chinese produced the virus as a bio weapon, which is also false.

People should understand something: this would be a lousy bio weapon.

Yeah absolutely misinformation every where I'm not the one trying to defend china though are you trying to defend China?

That's an awkward question. What makes you even consider the fact that I would be?

You just posted an opposing argument so I was just curious.

I am not defending nor attacking anyone. The very notion of this virus as a weapon is utterly preposterous.

Also, @007Blofeld, please use the edit button and avoid double posting. Thank you.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,126
    The Chinese communist government is a snake China is lying they are getting worse not better and now they are going to rerelease people back into society and apparently they are hogging equipment to fight the virus and giving countries faulty equipment to blame the west. They already claim the u.s. army did it with a bio weapon which is false.

Some claimed the Chinese produced the virus as a bio weapon, which is also false.

Yeah absolutely misinformation every where I'm not the one trying to defend china though are you trying to defend China?

That's an awkward question. What makes you even consider the fact that I would be?

You just posted an opposing argument so I was just curious.

I am not defending nor attacking anyone. The very notion of this virus as a weapon is utterly preposterous.

Also, @007Blofeld, please use the edit button and avoid double posting. Thank you.

Oh ok yeah absolutely agree it is indeed. Ok yeah I do try not too. I trying to quicky respond. I notice other people double posting as well not trying to be the tattle tail though. @DarthDimi
    Does anyone fear that social unrest in the UK is a possibility? I was looking up the riots of 2011. I could not remember the initial "spark" and it was clear that most were just copycat riots and had nothing to do with the original protest (Mark Duggan shooting). Our society has not movied on since 2011. There is a sub-culture/social sector who dont need that much encouragement to "pick up a brick". How many days does the government have re "the masks are on their way, the resperators are on their way, the testing is on its way" etc etc? It's the nature of "the curve" that things will get much worse in the 2 weeks and I think this has to be matched be some genuine progress from the Gov. Looking at the daily press briefings and whats happening on the front line, Im not convinced there is any sort of genuine plan.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Guys, be aware that the bulk of you are arguing with an actual high school student on here. Maybe best to ignore and move on.

This explains a lot.
    Guys, be aware that the bulk of you are arguing with an actual high school student on here. Maybe best to ignore and move on.

I'm not a high school kid that's insulting. I have facts to bring with my arguments but I choose not because it's not meant for this thread. What's immature is the people calling me Donald Trump. And starting this whole argument into and bringing things into politics at all. All I posted was a post about cronovirus in a country. Let's move on. I've said that how many times and they keep going on. And if this is about double posting I have screenshots of people who have double posted and no one goes after them? @Birdleson
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Okay let’s just drop it.
    There are no winners or losers here. This is a global fight, that we’re all involved in, in one way or another.
    Sorry, @007Blofeld , I was sure that you had told me you were a teenager. My mistake. Regardless, time to move on with it. Your point is made. And so have the responses.

Your forgiven I will PM you @Birdleson
    I don’t need to be forgiven. Just heeded.

Oh ok
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,690
    As of yesterday we are recording 5,000 deaths per day worldwide. It took 84 days to go from 1 fatality to 50,000 fatalities. It will take 10 days to go from 50,000 to 100,000 deaths.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    Just wanted to wish everyone well. Tough times ahead... stay safe and stay indoors.
    Well it did come from China specifically Wuhan what am I not supposed to say where it came from just to not offend anyone that's ridiculous and silly. Just saying where something came from doesn't mean its "racist". No one ever talks about calling the Spanish flu of 1919 as racist even though it's the same concept. Maybe people should just call that the flu of 1919. I never blamed the Chinese people only the government.
    FYI: The so-called "Spanish" Flu of 1918-19 actually originated in the UNITED STATES -- Kansas, the scientists now believe.

It was dubbed the "Spanish" Flu because that's where the first significant media reports about the virus first appeared... Spain was neutral in WWI, so Spanish newspapers were relatively free to report about it. (In the U.S., not so much...)
    Agent_47 wrote: »
    Just wanted to wish everyone well. Tough times ahead... stay safe and stay indoors.

I second that.

And for all the comments about China, there is a lot of crap you can read on the internet.
    I've read 2 million mobile user accounts were suddenly erased in China, and that a cloud formed over a certain part of China and released into the atmosphere that could only be formed from mass burning of humans, etc. etc. which ties in with a lot more CV deaths than China have officially released.

Bottom line - who cares now what happens in China, or what they have said is true or false. We have bigger fish to fry in my country currently, along with many others in Europe and the US. The main priority for the UK government is to sort out testing, and PPE for the front line workers. Germany are coping with this a lot better than the UK are, where we are heading towards a similar path that Italy and Spain are sadly on.

Right now I'm ignoring any conspiracy blogs and just sticking to BBC News and Sky News on the telly (what else is there to do). ;)
    Agent_47 wrote: »

You too @Agent_47
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, please use the correct actual name for the virus and the disease.
    The news is not good anywhere, from what I can tell ... except some meds may prove beneficial, though clinical trials will take time (but not as long as a vaccine). Of course we need the vaccine, but that still seems to be about a year away. Some of us don't have that much time, I think.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Authoritarian regime, coming from a Trump fan that is priceless.

They shoot protesters they lock up journalists I could go on and on but we are way off topic.

Sounds like the United States. LOL
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Well it did come from China specifically Wuhan what am I not supposed to say where it came from just to not offend anyone that's ridiculous and silly. Just saying where something came from doesn't mean its "racist". No one ever talks about calling the Spanish flu of 1919 as racist even though it's the same concept. Maybe people should just call that the flu of 1919. I never blamed the Chinese people only the government.
    FYI: The so-called "Spanish" Flu of 1918-19 actually originated in the UNITED STATES -- Kansas, the scientists now believe.

It was dubbed the "Spanish" Flu because that's where the first significant media reports about the virus first appeared... Spain was neutral in WWI, so Spanish newspapers were relatively free to report about it. (In the U.S., not so much...)

That's interesting I'll have to look into that. Anyway people get the point other wise. Late to the party on that but that party is long since over.
    Yes, please use the correct actual name for the virus and the disease.
    The news is not good anywhere, from what I can tell ... except some meds may prove beneficial, though clinical trials will take time (but not as long as a vaccine). Of course we need the vaccine, but that still seems to be about a year away. Some of us don't have that much time, I think.

The Coronavirus from Wuhan, China or Covid-19 good?
    TripAces wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Authoritarian regime, coming from a Trump fan that is priceless.

They shoot protesters they lock up journalists I could go on and on but we are way off topic.

Sounds like the United States. LOL

Not funny like I said if you really think things are bad here just live there once you likely will have very censored internet who knows if you would be able to log on here just one of the freedoms taken away in China last I checked in the USA the military or police don't lock up reporters or political resistance or shoot people as law doctrine. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_China

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_China

https://www.quora.com/Does-China-have-an-authoritarian-government-If-so-what-characteristics-identify-its-government-as-authoritarian

They also harvest live peoples organs in China. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_harvesting_from_Falun_Gong_practitioners_in_China

Again we can't move on can we please the discussion is over.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Enough of dredging up this pointless argument. Give it a bloody rest.
    Thank God lets just talk about the virus.
    It’s all scripted folks. April Fools.
    ?

You mean the virus?
    No! This entire insane conversation!

Yes let's talk about the virus. Wow this a fancy hotel for a quarantine in Switzerland costs $500. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/04/02/le-bijou-hotel-selling-luxury-quarantine-with-a-500-coronavirus-test.html
    Shocking.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,497

Did you know that the Chinese government created the virus so that NTTD could be delayed indefinitely?

Interesting article about mouth masks in The Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/coronavirus-pandemic-airborne-go-outside-masks/609235/
    Wise words from a wise man :

• echoecho 007 in New York
    I posted this yesterday.

Coronavirus Hell in Ecuador... Corpses in the streets, a flock of vultures circling what looks to be a hospital parking lot...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Veteran James Bond and Superman stuntman Rocky Taylor 'fighting for his life' due to coronavirus.

https://news.yahoo.com/rocky-taylor-stuntman-coronavirus-110915665.html
    This past week, 3.3 million US citizens registered to claim unemployment benefits. This is the all-time highest unemployment rate in US history. The previous record was set in 1982, when unemployment claims hit 695,000.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52050426

As feared, the global economy will be left in very, very bad shape from the coronavirus.

The US has once again obliterated their all-time highest unemployment rate, as this past week 6.6 million US citizens registered to claim unemployment benefits.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/02/economy/unemployment-benefits-coronavirus/index.html
    1st death from coronavirus: January 9th.
    100 deaths reached on January 27th (18 days later).
    500 deaths reached on February 5th (9 days later).
    1,000 deaths reached on February 10th (5 days later).
    5,000 deaths reached on March 13th (32 days later).
    10,000 deaths reached on March 19th (6 days later).
    15,000 deaths reached on March 23rd (4 days later).
    20,000 deaths reached on March 25th (2 days later).
    25,000 deaths reached on March 27th (2 days later).
    30,000 deaths reached on March 28th (1 day later).
    35,000 deaths reached on March 30th (2 days later).
    40,000 deaths reached on March 31st (1 day later).
    45,000 deaths reached on April 1st (1 day later).
    50,000 deaths reached on April 2nd (1 day later).

1st fatality to 10,000th fatality = 70 days.
    10,000th fatality to 50,000th fatality = 14 days.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited April 2020 Posts: 5,080
    I don't rear my head all that often any more on these boards, but I sincerely wish that you all and your families are doing well in these most crazy of times.

All this free time on my hands now means that I can crack open my Bond50 set once more and get to work! B-) Oh and nearly 600 episodes of classic Doctor Who ;)
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Did you know that the Chinese government created the virus so that NTTD could be delayed indefinitely?

Interesting article about mouth masks in The Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/coronavirus-pandemic-airborne-go-outside-masks/609235/

Really? (Sigh) we are done with this.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    tcuU6NF.gif