Coronavirus Discussion

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,126
    That's funny, I thought we were trying to not let this thread get political. Oh well, live & learn...

Its tough because the coronavirus is, by nature, a political issue.

Sorry but I must disagree on this one point. The virus is a medical issue. It's only the reaction of some very foolish people that have turned it into a political one.

Acting like China (the government) isn't at fault at all at least somewhat is foolish. They ousted reporters who tried to speak the truth about the whole think that broke out in Wuhan and a large percent of the cases could have been prevented. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/u-s-intelligence-concludes-china-concealed-extent-of-coronavirus-outbreak/amp/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8,034
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    All I did was report on China where the cronovirus came from I can't report on different countries? I can't report facts? All your intend is to set me up.

Facts?
    The Chinese communist government is a snake China is lying they are getting worse not better and now they are going to rerelease people back into society and apparently they are hogging equipment to fight the virus and giving countries faulty equipment to blame the west.

Something can't "apparently" be a fact. It's either a fact or it isn't.

Yeah facts unless you don't trust news media that includes news places you trust. That's me giving a headline to get people to read the whole paragraph I type its really just to catch the eyes it looks like it worked. There is a reason I sent links you know in the post but you don't give a crap about but only nitpick whatever I type out to whatever you "think" is correct to align with your ideology. I could have taken that word out what you want me to use? I can rewrite the whole thing to fit your needs.

No offence, but you haven't a bulls notion what my ideology is. Nor do I know yours. I'm merely pointing out a contradiction in terms and practice in your post.

Sure, feel free to rewrite it. But I'd much rather you just used a bit of common sense going forward. Anyone who has to use an "eye catching headline" at the top of their paragraphs in order to get people to read them must not have anything useful to say. As pointed out already, it just reads as an excuse to be inflammatory.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Its an alternative fact isn't it?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    That's funny, I thought we were trying to not let this thread get political. Oh well, live & learn...

Sorry but I must disagree on this one point. The virus is a medical issue. It's only the reaction of some very foolish people that have turned it into a political one.

Acting like China (the government) isn't at fault at all at least somewhat is foolish. They ousted reporters who tried to speak the truth about the whole think that broke out in Wuhan and a large percent of the cases could have been prevented.

You might as well blame God, or Mother Nature. Or maybe this is just a cyclical thing, 100 years in the making...
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,526

Granted. I just suggested it was a political issue because once a virus like this comes into existence, political decisions dictate how it’s dealt with / the extent to which it’s allowed to proliferate. But yes at its core it’s a health issue.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

Yeah facts unless you don't trust news media that includes news places you trust.

You do realize that what you've written here is gibberish, don't you? When you're willing to come back with a point that actually makes sense, please do; until then please keep a good social distance away. Thanks ever so.
    All I did was report on China where the cronovirus came from I can't report on different countries? I can't report facts? All your intend is to set me up.

Definitely no need to use it as an excuse to be racist though.
    Well it did come from China specifically Wuhan what am I not supposed to say where it came from just to not offend anyone that's ridiculous and silly. Just saying where something came from doesn't mean its "racist". No one ever talks about calling the Spanish flu of 1919 as racist even though it's the same concept. Maybe people should just call that the flu of 1919. I never blamed the Chinese people only the government.

"...all your intend is to set me up." No, syntax errors aside -- you set yourself up. All you're trying to do is foment hate. Whether you intend that hate to be directed at a people or at their government is irrelevant.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The Chinese communist government is a snake China is lying they are getting worse not better and now they are going to rerelease people back into society and apparently they are hogging equipment to fight the virus and giving countries faulty equipment to blame the west. They already claim the u.s. army did it with a bio weapon which is false.

Some claimed the Chinese produced the virus as a bio weapon, which is also false.

People should understand something: this would be a lousy bio weapon.

Yeah absolutely misinformation every where I'm not the one trying to defend china though are you trying to defend China?

You're pretty clearly trying to offend, not defend. Sounds like you're trying to start a fight. Let's not go there right now, okay?

I guess I did in a sense because of all the Chinese government lovers on here who hate people who hate them unbelievable. Offend who the Chinese government? I would thought twice if I knew they live on this site. I didn't want to start one but you seem to want one yourself. All I did was to talk about cronovirus and the latest news that came from China that was supposed to be a glimmer of hope but wasn't and I'm not happy about it.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,526

Well it did come from China specifically Wuhan what am I not supposed to say where it came from just to not offend anyone that's ridiculous and silly. Just saying where something came from doesn't mean its "racist". No one ever talks about calling the Spanish flu of 1919 as racist even though it's the same concept. Maybe people should just call that the flu of 1919. I never blamed the Chinese people only the government.

"...all your intend is to set me up." No, syntax errors aside -- you set yourself up. All you're trying to do is foment hate. Whether you intend that hate to be directed at a people or at their government is irrelevant.
    The Chinese communist government is a snake China is lying they are getting worse not better and now they are going to rerelease people back into society and apparently they are hogging equipment to fight the virus and giving countries faulty equipment to blame the west. They already claim the u.s. army did it with a bio weapon which is false.

Some claimed the Chinese produced the virus as a bio weapon, which is also false.

Yeah absolutely misinformation every where I'm not the one trying to defend china though are you trying to defend China?

You're pretty clearly trying to offend, not defend. Sounds like you're trying to start a fight. Let's not go there right now, okay?

I guess I did in a sense because of all the Chinese government lovers on here who hate people who hate them unbelievable. Offend who the Chinese government? I would thought twice if I knew they live on this site. I didn't want to start one but you seem to want one yourself. All I did was to talk about cronovirus and the latest news that came from China that was supposed to be a glimmer of hope but wasn't and I'm not happy about it.

I wouldn’t call what you posted “news”.

This thread might as well the closed. I don’t know this discussion could ever avoid becoming political.

Easy Donald!
    "all the Chinese government lovers"

superb - you have to smile

Facts?
    The Chinese communist government is a snake China is lying they are getting worse not better and now they are going to rerelease people back into society and apparently they are hogging equipment to fight the virus and giving countries faulty equipment to blame the west.

Something can't "apparently" be a fact. It's either a fact or it isn't.

Yeah facts unless you don't trust news media that includes news places you trust. That's me giving a headline to get people to read the whole paragraph I type its really just to catch the eyes it looks like it worked. There is a reason I sent links you know in the post but you don't give a crap about but only nitpick whatever I type out to whatever you "think" is correct to align with your ideology. I could have taken that word out what you want me to use? I can rewrite the whole thing to fit your needs.

No offence, but you haven't a bulls notion what my ideology is. Nor do I know yours. I'm merely pointing out a contradiction in terms and practice in your post.

Sure, feel free to rewrite it. But I'd much rather you just used a bit of common sense going forward. Anyone who has to use an "eye catching headline" at the top of their paragraphs in order to get people to read them must not have anything useful to say. As pointed out already, it just reads as an excuse to be inflammatory.

I do I fight with you basically every other post on this thread. It's fine to disagree it's just every post you just seem to nitpick and don't care reading a link. I'm not going to rewrite it it's not worth it at this point I could say anything and it would be called stupid. I wouldn't have really sent anything if I knew people liked authoritarian regimes.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    patb wrote: »
    "all the Chinese government lovers"

superb - you have to smile

We've been outed! My love for Xi Jinping is pure and true.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 3,564
    Would "all the Chinese government lovers on here who hate people who hate them" please raise their hands or put on a Spectre badge or something so we can know you're here? Honestly, I had NO idea you were here. I'd have tried to overcomplicate the plot had I but known...
    echo wrote: »

Acting like China (the government) isn't at fault at all at least somewhat is foolish. They ousted reporters who tried to speak the truth about the whole think that broke out in Wuhan and a large percent of the cases could have been prevented.

You might as well blame God, or Mother Nature. Or maybe this is just a cyclical thing, 100 years in the making...

It could be who knows there is no news story on that though at least I haven't looked.

Yeah facts unless you don't trust news media that includes news places you trust.

You do realize that what you've written here is gibberish, don't you? When you're willing to come back with a point that actually makes sense, please do; until then please keep a good social distance away. Thanks ever so.

Maybe to you since you love an authoritarian regime. I could say anything and as long as it doesn't agree with you and what you believe it will be called silly and laughable and worth not coming back to argue. Nothing to joke about when it comes to social distancing by the way unless you didn't meant it that way.
    Authoritarian regime, coming from a Trump fan that is priceless.

I wouldn’t call what you posted “news”.

This thread might as well the closed. I don’t know this discussion could ever avoid becoming political.

Something from CNBC and the New York times isn't news anything from china or what china does isn't news? But I would maybe it isn't new news China has a history of doing shady things. I think so unfortunately.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Easy Donald!

Ok know that's not cool you just being a bully hating the Chinese government has is apolitical.
    Watching the live Trump news conference now, just baffling!

They shoot protesters they lock up journalists I could go on and on but we are way off topic.
  • patb wrote: »
    Watching the live Trump news conference now, just baffling!

Well it's hard to have a news conference while posting on the MI-6 boards under a heroic/villainous handle...
  • Shardlake wrote: »

My only possible response here is to quote Will Rogers (who famously "never met a man he didn't like" -- until he met Adolf Hitler): "I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."

Oooh sorry. Getting too political? I'll try to keep it under control....
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

That's an awkward question. What makes you even consider the fact that I would be?

They shoot protesters they lock up journalists I could go on and on but we are way off topic.

Shooting protestors? Why, how very 20th Century of them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings#/media/File:Kent_State_massacre.jpg

Been there, done that. We're Number One!

Shooting protestors? Why, how very 20th Century of them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings#/media/File:Kent_State_massacre.jpg

Number one with a bullet.

http://100photos.time.com/photos/john-paul-filo-kent-state-shootings

That's an awkward question. What makes you even consider the fact that I would be?

You just posted an opposing argument so I was just curious.

Yeah that was one tragic incident. You name all the dark parts of every nation on earth's history the cossacks with Britain but it doesn't mean it stands for there values or beliefs. China does this regularly its literally part of their doctrine but we are getting off topic. If you don't believe me Google it look on wikipedia its cited as authoritarian. If you really think China is all rosy become a citizen there and then you will find out fast how lucky are you. China is basically North Korea with an open economy. And they switch to an open economy to survive globally. Again we are getting off topic.

Yeah that was one tragic incident. China does this regularly but we are getting off topic. If you don't believe me Google it look on wikipedia its cited as authoritarian. If you really think China is all rosy become a citizen there and then you will find out fast how lucky are you. China is basically North Korea with an open economy. And they switch to an open economy to survive globally. Again we are getting off topic.

Again you're making unwarranted assumptions about other people's beliefs. You can stop it any old time. Or do you just set up straw men because you need to hear people deny their validity? When did you stop beating your wife? When did you stop rooting for the Communist way of life? Sorry but I'm not playing that game.

Yeah that was one tragic incident. China does this regularly but we are getting off topic. If you don't believe me Google it look on wikipedia its cited as authoritarian. If you really think China is all rosy become a citizen there and then you will find out fast how lucky are you. China is basically North Korea with an open economy. And they switch to an open economy to survive globally. Again we are getting off topic.

Again you're making unwarranted assumptions about other people's beliefs. You can stop it any old time. Or do you just set up straw men because you need to hear people deny their validity? When did you stop beating your wife? When did you stop rooting for the Communist way of life? Sorry but I'm not playing that game.

How? This what they do? I can't sugar coat facts like I said there wealth of information out there. I don't even know what you mean by your questions or what you getting at we getting way off topic. I've never even had a girlfriend and I have three sisters who love me treat me who I treat with respect and love. I don't have an issue with people believing what they want If it works for you great its everyone's choice to live the the life they want. I'm just saying I'm beyond confused at this point.

I'm beyond confused at this point.

Yeah, we'd noticed.

I'm beyond confused at this point.

Yeah, we'd noticed.

I wasn't really finished typing. Anyway I've noticed also your confused with me and that's fine what's wrong with that? We have different opinions believe in different things. Like I said wealth of information out there to make decisions of what to follow and believe in. But like I say we are getting off topic.