No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    QBranch wrote: »
    Moving on... The shipping container scene - I heard so little about it, that it seems like a rumour. Did we have a location fix for that? Was it Cuba? Either way, a shipping yard is a great, and almost ominous place for Bond to be snooping around because of the size of everything. It could be like a maze for Bond, with heavy forks moving containers around on him. I expect the containers to have fictional company logos on the side. Would be cool and fitting to see a Univex container amongst them.

Yup shipping container kind of reminds of YOLT and would be fun to have an action scene. From what I have seen in the trailers and previews Cuba seems to be the most exciting sequence as of now.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    @007Blofeld this is your last chance to stop multi posting.
    We have an edit function for a reason. If you choose to ignore these requests again, then further action will be taken.

@Benny ok can you make the function easier. It's hard when people are tagging me all at once in real time when it's like 5 people and I'm trying to respond and I wish there is a better picture function too.

No, the edit function is easy enough to use. It's more of a laziness that some members have.
    Just because several members have quoted you, doesn't mean you have to multi post. It's not a race too respond to them.
    If you have any feedback or concerns on the functions of the forum, then this thread is the place to post them.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/9702/feedback-and-suggestions-v2#latest
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    @007Blofeld this is your last chance to stop multi posting.
    We have an edit function for a reason. If you choose to ignore these requests again, then further action will be taken.

@Benny ok can you make the function easier. It's hard when people are tagging me all at once in real time when it's like 5 people and I'm trying to respond and I wish there is a better picture function too.

No, the edit function is easy enough to use. It's more of a laziness that some members have.
    Just because several members have quoted you, doesn't mean you have to multi post. It's not a race too respond to them.
    If you have any feedback or concerns on the functions of the forum, then this thread is the place to post them.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/9702/feedback-and-suggestions-v2#latest

Ok
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I don't think we'll have any NTTD at the Oscar's, to be honest. Seems too soon after the last trailer/teaser, and Billie Eilish is doing the memorandum (heard this rumour, but can't find confirmation of this anywhere?) so it would seem weird for a song reveal there. Think we'll be waiting a bit longer for another trailer, if we get one.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Moving on... The shipping container scene - I heard so little about it, that it seems like a rumour. Did we have a location fix for that? Was it Cuba? Either way, a shipping yard is a great, and almost ominous place for Bond to be snooping around because of the size of everything. It could be like a maze for Bond, with heavy forks moving containers around on him. I expect the containers to have fictional company logos on the side. Would be cool and fitting to see a Univex container amongst them.
    Maybe not as symbolic but could evoke the Statue Park feeling from Goldeneye, disorienting and foreboding
    Yes! And it would not be surprising if NTTD includes multiple references to GE, what with its 25th anniversary around the corner. It could be as subtle as the AK rifle carried by Safin's guard - there was an abundance of them in GE. Still trying to confirm if it's an AKS Bond uses in Cuba though. :-?
  • From the trailer I definitely got a sense that cloning is at the heart of the plot 'my skills will live after my death' Safin says, as well as Bond referring to him as playing God. So perhaps the ice lake scene is a flash back but with a Safin who is the original of the cloned Safin in the rest of the film?

Of course, a much more gruesome option, would be to have him remain the same man, keeping young by growing various cloned body parts
    danielcc wrote: »
    I honestly think the "knee" phrase is the best part of the trailer. THIS is exactly what I want to see.
    Fascinating to realise that some people (fans?) dont seem to get the very essence of the Bond character, and the reason for the success of the series over the decades: Bond always rises to meet a challenge, and he is at the top of his game when these challenges come across as verbal battles with girls, allies, henchmen, femme fatales or the villains (did anyone question that Goldfinger comes across as intellectual superior to Bond with his plan??).

I feel that some people project their own insecurity on Bond, and are afraid that a strong woman could overshadow Bond or put his leading role at risk.

And at the same time just weird that all of that was just accepted with characters as Viona, Xenia or Wai Lin.

I say: the more of those banters the better. Bring them on!

The only thing I hope for: If Nomi is indeed 007 (Which I think she will be), the movie should end with a scene where M asks Bond to return and he replies something like "under one condition..." and then "James Bond will return as 007"
    I don't think we'll have any NTTD at the Oscar's, to be honest. Seems too soon after the last trailer/teaser, and Billie Eilish is doing the memorandum (heard this rumour, but can't find confirmation of this anywhere?) so it would seem weird for a song reveal there. Think we'll be waiting a bit longer for another trailer, if we get one.

I think the most we might get would be another small trailer, but even then I think it's a bit unlikely.

Still, I'll hold out a (small) bit of hope.
    Maybe not as symbolic but could evoke the Statue Park feeling from Goldeneye, disorienting and foreboding
    Yes! And it would not be surprising if NTTD includes multiple references to GE, what with its 25th anniversary around the corner. It could be as subtle as the AK rifle carried by Safin's guard - there was an abundance of them in GE. Still trying to confirm if it's an AKS Bond uses in Cuba though. :-?

Didn’t know 25 years was coming up! Goldeneye is definitely my guilty pleasure / favourite Bond film. The AKs would be a nice subtle nod to GE, maybe a quote or two? “Your skills die with you, but... I am invincible!”
    edited February 2020 Posts: 13,892
    What do we think Bond sees under the water? An adult-sized fetus clone of Maddy or Vesper grown by algae? I can imagine Maddy runs into the room just as Bond kills Safin, and she breaks into hysterics, chaotically thumping Bond on the back, which segues into *that* flashback scene of how Safin actually saved her and became an important figure in her life. "He was like a father to me." (interesting role model!) I really am expecting Bond to make a decision which, unknowingly to him, leads to something very shocking and tragic.

So many theories! I'm loving how Eon have treated this film production so G-classified 'need to know'. Less than two months until we can tear the paper seal and open that dossier!
    "Your skills die with you, but... I am invincible!"
    Oh, very good.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Maybe the big change and shocking ending is that Bond’s brain is transferred into a younger clone. To be revealed as the new Bond in 26.

And that’s the problem I have with the cloning theories. It’s all a bit sci-fi. They keep saying they want to bring back the grittiness of CR and yet we’re talking about possible plot points that wouldn’t be out of place in a Brosnan-era video game.

I didn’t like the tone(s) of SP: they tried to marry the ‘gritty, real, harsh’ Bond of CR with the more playful Bond. And it failed in doing so. So if there’s one thing that I want for NTTD then that’s a film that’s cohesive in tone.
    And I currently don’t see how to marry the ‘emotional conclusion and more blunt tone’ they talk about in interviews with a villain plot about de-aging or cloning.

I hope they figured out what they want in advance this time.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Maybe the big change and shocking ending is that Bond’s brain is transferred into a younger clone. To be revealed as the new Bond in 26.

And that’s the problem I have with the cloning theories. It’s all a bit sci-fi. They keep saying they want to bring back the grittiness of CR and yet we’re talking about possible plot points that wouldn’t be out of place in a Brosnan-era video game.

I didn’t like the tone(s) of SP: they tried to marry the ‘gritty, real, harsh’ Bond of CR with the more playful Bond. And it failed in doing so. So if there’s one thing that I want for NTTD then that’s a film that’s cohesive in tone.
    And I currently don’t see how to marry the ‘emotional conclusion and more blunt tone’ they talk about in interviews with a villain plot about de-aging or cloning.

I hope they figured out what they want in advance this time.

Cloning in a Bond film? I really hope that isn't the case, although I doubt it will be. I thought it was ridiculous in The Rise of Skywalker and that was a sci-fi film, I can only image how downright stupid it would appear in a Bond film, particularly a Craig entry, IMO. I like the idea of Bond going up against a villain using biological warfare, but hope they don't take it too far out of the realm of reality.
  • Obviously there’s no cloning in the film (having not nor caring to read the article). I’m just gonna assume they wouldn’t do something that dumb.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm not sure if this has been posted. It probably has, but I've learned some more info about the character that Billy Magnussen plays.
    According to both the official OO7.com site https://www.007.com/no-time-to-die-vehicles-at-bond-in-motion/ and imdb https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
    Billy Magnussen's character is called Ash, and he drives the new Land Rover Defender 110 in the movie.
    Forgive me if I'm late to the party.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I'm not sure if this has been posted. It probably has, but I've learned some more info about the character that Billy Magnussen plays.
    According to both the official OO7.com site https://www.007.com/no-time-to-die-vehicles-at-bond-in-motion/ and imdb https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
    Billy Magnussen's character is called Ash, and he drives the new Land Rover Defender 110 in the movie.
    Forgive me if I'm late to the party.

Yes sir, already been posted :-)

And since the Defender have russian plates you'll know what that imply?!
    Contraband wrote: »
    More than a minor spoiler? X_X
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Contraband wrote: »
    More than a minor spoiler? X_X

That has been discussed here in the open for several months. So it's not exactly a secret
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I wonder if Craig will get a stylish intro in NTTD....although, it might be a bit late...since it's not his first film...but it can still be done....I just feel only 4 Bonds have gotten very stylish intros...Sean Connery's hands shown playing cards...before he lights his cigar & the Bond theme immediately plays as he utters the immortal words....George Lazenby driving and lighting his cigar, with his face in silhouette mode with the Bond theme playing....Timothy Dalton turning his face with the wind blowing his hair, immediately a fellow agent falls with the Bond theme playing....Pierce Brosnan's face not revealed until he says ''I beg your pardon....I forgot to knock''...then he stylishly opens the door, revealing his face with the Bond theme playing....I would like to see things like these done in Craig's first scene in NTTD....although Craig's intro in QoS & SF were stylish...maybe something more stylish in NTTD.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 154
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I wonder if Craig will get a stylish intro in NTTD....although, it might be a bit late...since it's not his first film...but it can still be done....I just feel only 4 Bonds have gotten very stylish intros...Sean Connery's hands shown playing cards...before he lights his cigar & the Bond theme immediately plays as he utters the immortal words....George Lazenby driving and lighting his cigar, with his face in silhouette mode with the Bond theme playing....Timothy Dalton turning his face with the wind blowing his hair, immediately a fellow agent falls with the Bond theme playing....Pierce Brosnan's face not revealed until he says ''I beg your pardon....I forgot to knock''...then he stylishly opens the door, revealing his face with the Bond theme playing....I would like to see things like these done in Craig's first scene in NTTD....although Craig's intro in QoS & SF were stylish...maybe something more stylish in NTTD.

@GadgetMan given what we know, I'd be surprised if we did. It may well start out differently to recent films i.e. without Bond, but with Safin and the cabin scene instead.

Not to say that Craig won't get any stylish scenes throughout the film!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Matt wrote: »

@GadgetMan given what we know, I'd be surprised if we did. It may well start out differently to recent films i.e. without Bond, but with Safin and the cabin scene instead.

Not to say that Craig won't get any stylish scenes throughout the film!

Yeah, true....I meant before he's revealed though....I've already seen a lot of stylish moments from the little we've seen....the way he reveals his Aston Martin....the way he closes the Door and adjusts his suit...the way he wields his gun before he shoots in the Cuban scene....I know there's going to be very stylish moments in the film...am just hoping for it to extend to his intro.
  • QBranch wrote: »
    What do we think Bond sees under the water? An adult-sized fetus clone of Maddy or Vesper grown by algae?

Don't forget Solange, Fields, Severine, and Dench's M. All to torment Bond's psyche yet again.
    I wonder what possible treats if any? We may get this coming week?
    For the record I never name-called @007Blofeld. I used an adjective to call something out how I saw it, which was a post that was clearly meant to get reactions instead of spark meaningful conversation. I don’t like to start fights or jump into controversy, but I feel greatly irked when I see posts that have no purpose but to arouse negativity.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526
    What do we know about the certainty of cloning being involved in the plot? My hope would be for a plot based around genetic warfare / something more along the likes of OHMSS.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    For the record I never name-called @007Blofeld. I used an adjective to call something out how I saw it, which was a post that was clearly meant to get reactions instead of spark meaningful conversation. I don’t like to start fights or jump into controversy, but I feel greatly irked when I see posts that have no purpose but to arouse negativity.

I feel I did the same thing and also got called out for name calling. In the end however, @Birdleson is right.
    Ignore each other. I ignore lots of people. I’d go out of my head if I engaged every post that I saw as a personal or intellectual or artistic affront.

@Birdleson Fine - I will do so now. I just wanted to defend myself since @007Blofeld found it appropriate to claim I name-called him, and I wanted to make it clear I responded because of my concern for the direction of the boards - not a personal attack or vendetta.
    Ignore each other. I ignore lots of people. I’d go out of my head if I engaged every post that I saw as a personal or intellectual or artistic affront.

@Birdleson Fine - I will do so now. I just wanted to defend myself since @007Blofeld found it appropriate to claim I name-called him, and I wanted to make it clear I responded because of my concern for the direction of the boards - not a personal attack or vendetta.

Your fine don't worry about it it's my fault @FoxRox. Let all the insults pour at me.
    Oscar’s TV spot = amazing. Lots of good stuff from Safin, Bond, and M. Glad the Oscar’s ended up giving us something!

Your fine don't worry about it it's my fault @FoxRox. Let all the insults pour at me.

I’d recommend to do what I do when I get too fired up on the forum; take some time away from the board and come back with a fresh perspective. I find myself needing to do it all the time. Lots of passion flying around here!

Lights his cigar???????????????????????????/
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526
    delfloria wrote: »

Lights his cigar???????????????????????????/

CTRL F (find) “Cigar”, ALT R (replace) “Cigarette”, ALT A (all) ;)

I agree though, a stylish “Bondian” intro for Craig would be great. CR comes close but it’s almost a little too over confident to be suave and sophisticated (much like Bond throughout the film; not the portrayal, but the character).

I’d recommend to do what I do when I get too fired up on the forum; take some time away from the board and come back with a fresh perspective. I find myself needing to do it all the time. Lots of passion flying around here!

@NickTwentyTwo yeah I agree my headspace not in good shape right now.