No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    They will play it coy at first. Where’s 007? Cut to Jamaica where we have Bond AND Nomi.

Before Bond is back in London he asks her “are you a double o?”

Then finally in MI6 “send in 007” they both get up and give each other awkward looks. Eventually Bond lets Nomi go first. Confirming she is 007 but without beating the audience over the head with it.

Although likely some more awkward interplay in M’s office that is typical of Waller-Bridges comedy style.

That’s my take on how they’re gonna handle it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I just wonder if there's a Black & White Scene in NTTD....or CR might be the last time that's ever going to happen...as it was done masterfully & stylishly there.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I just wonder if there's a Black & White Scene in NTTD....or CR might be the last time that's ever going to happen...as it was done masterfully & stylishly there.

There will be a flashback scene of Nomi's first two kills in Black & White :D
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Octopussy wrote: »
    I personally have no problem with Lynch being OO7 in Bond's absence. I'd hope that when Bond returns his designation would be reinstated.

If we look at Fleming’s Moonraker, agents cannot be double 0 if they’re 45+ older, so I wouldn’t mind Craig’s retired Bond not having it back.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Looks like it not just Billie at the Oscars...Léa was at the Women in Hollywood function

laura-dern-hosts-vanity-fair-lancome-celebrate-women-in-hollywood-08.jpg

and then this...! Hoping for more cast members on the red carpet!

Very cool outfit.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Looks like it not just Billie at the Oscars...Léa was at the Women in Hollywood function

laura-dern-hosts-vanity-fair-lancome-celebrate-women-in-hollywood-08.jpg

and then this...! Hoping for more cast members on the red carpet!

Very cool outfit.

Louis Vuitton
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    RC7 wrote: »
    This is all much ado about nothing. When they launch the new actor in B26 he’ll be James Bond 007. Whatever happens, this is a one film deal, he’s still Bond, so I couldn’t give a rats ass as long as it’s decent.

Another reason why it's now a gimmick
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think that's what it means being a Bond fan...it doesn't take much to ruffle a Bond fan's feathers...even the most trivial thing is taken seriously by a Bond fan...that's why am happy being a Bond fan...if Bond's Hair Comma is on the left side of his face...fans won't like that...talk more of the prospect of a female 007....am not over the moon about the idea, and I don't dislike it as well....it's now becoming a matter of weeks with each day passing by, so we'll see how it plays out in the film....but, I want to leave the Cinema with a big smile.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited February 2020 Posts: 138
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I still think this could be a fake out. Not likely, but not close to out of the question, in my mind. And I'll admit that there's a certain amount of wishful thinking on my part.

Going with the advanced version of the fake out: what if they keep referring to Nomi as a ‘00 agent’ during the film? So that she potentially could be 007 or potentially another 00. That they don’t reveal it at all.

Because a reveal would only be necessary if she is 007, 100% confirmed. If they don’t make a big reveal, she could be either. And both sides of the debate would be satisfied.

Besides, if she is 007, I’m shocked they don’t play it out in the lead up to the film more. The duality between Bond and Nomi could be captured strikingly by the marketing team. Why still keep it a secret if she is 007? To get the ‘big reveal’ moment? Not when people have been talking about it non stop, and a tabloid even claimed they know how the ‘reveal’ will play out.

Isn’t it better to come clean about it before the film’s release? Unless they never intent to tell us which number she has, as I suggested.

I think it's the best idea, they should also do this with Safin and the Dr No theory, no real answer like the suit case in "Pulp Fiction" or the spinning top in "Inception", and everyone will have their proper interpretation and we will still talk about this in 20 years.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Olivier Schneider, supervising stunt coordinator (cap), and stunt crew members. Don't know their names or positions. Look at the set

qXALyMU.jpg

Straight out of a Ken Adam design book, right? Very cool.
    Or Peter Lamont or anyone using greyish bunkerlike interiors.

No, no, no. They have a very different layout. Compare these with the ones from GE's pre titles or Arecibo, and you'll find they are very very different. Take a look at Safin's lair interior as show in the trailer. It's massive. And if we look at the designs from High-rise, we can clearly see an influence closer to Adam. Take a look at that dome like the one from Dr. No, for example. Tildesley clearly is a Ken Adam fan. How couldn't he be? I, for one, am very optimistic about this film's art production. I've been championing for him to be involved with the Bond films for ages. Mark Tildesley is brilliant, and this film will look brilliant.

But @matt_u is the expert here. We should ask him. Mr. Roark, what are Tildesley's clear influences from what we've seen? And what are your thoughts on the art production so far, architecturally speaking. I know you've had some gripes with SP. But from what we've seen, what are your views and expectations? (questions directed to @matt_u, of course).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Then finally in MI6 “send in 007” they both get up and give each other awkward looks.
    Shoulder-to-shoulder both struggle to get through the door to M's office.

Interesting thoughts @00Dalton7.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Anyone think we’ll get a TV Spot during the Oscars tomorrow night?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Then finally in MI6 “send in 007” they both get up and give each other awkward looks.
    Ha ha, the 007 transfer provides endless opportunities for humour. One of the many reasons everyone here should go with the flow. We've got a very awesome Bond film releasing in just under 2 months.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    QBranch wrote: »
    Ha ha, the 007 transfer provides endless opportunities for humour. One of the many reasons everyone here should go with the flow. We've got a very awesome Bond film releasing in just under 2 months.

And the longest one yet @-)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Octopussy wrote: »
    I personally have no problem with Lynch being OO7 in Bond's absence. I'd hope that when Bond returns his designation would be reinstated.

I have been beating this dead horse for weeks: James Bond is 007. He might not be in the beginning, and if that were the case, he'd regain his agent # at some point. But my guess is that all of this speculation will prove to be in vain: Nomi won't be 007 at all. At the same time, @00Dalton7 may be on to something. That scenario could easily play out, with Nomi relinquishing the number at that point.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    But surely it would just make more sense for her to keep it. I don't think this film will be James Bond going back on the payroll. I think he'll be retired throughout this film, maybe brought on as just a field agent when he gets back in touch with MI6. If this film is to end with Bond and Madeleine together again, is he really gonna be 007 again as well?

Why can't in this "Craig-era universe", the next 007 be Nomi, and then they'll reboot it again with a new James Bond, who will be 007. I think that's way simpler than just having the number flip flop between people, and not to mention the whole "James, you can be 007 again, I'll be 006 or 008. Cool. Thanks bro." (paraphrasing obviously) I dunno about that, would feel like a really pointless addition to the film. Especially if our theory about him seeing her as his former self in CR is right, cause why would you end that with - "Ok, I've taught you everthing I know, and you've also helped me, now step aside love..."

(Again paraphrasing haha)

I just think if it's his last film anyway, he might as well just stay retired. Also, he kept going rogue anyway so he might as well have a whole film of not being 007 haha.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Anyone think we’ll get a TV Spot during the Oscars tomorrow night?

Would definitely not be surprised. Especially with tickets supposedly due next week, would be the place to announce it...
    Denbigh wrote: »
    But surely it would just make more sense for her to keep it. I don't think this film will be James Bond going back on the payroll. I think he'll be retired throughout this film, maybe brought on as just a field agent when he gets back in touch with MI6. If this film is to end with Bond and Madeleine together again, is he really gonna be 007 again as well?

Why can't in this "Craig-era universe", the next 007 be Nomi, and then they'll reboot it again with a new James Bond, who will be 007. I think that's way simpler than just having the number flip flop between people, and not to mention the whole "James, you can be 007 again, I'll be 006 or 008. Cool. Thanks bro." (paraphrasing obviously) I dunno about that, would feel like a really pointless addition to the film. Especially if our theory about him seeing her as his former self in CR, why would you end that with? "Ok, I've taught you everthing I know, and you've also helped me, now step aside love..."

EXACTLY, thank you!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    But surely it would just make more sense for her to keep it. I don't think this film will be James Bond going back on the payroll. I think he'll be retired throughout this film, maybe brought on as just a field agent when he gets back in touch with MI6. If this film is to end with Bond and Madeleine together again, is he really gonna be 007 again as well? Why can't in this "Craig-era universe", the next 007 be Nomi, and then they'll reboot it again with a new James Bond, who will be 007. I think that's way simpler than just having the number flip flop between people.

I think he will be re-instated in some official capacity for this mission. Why else would he bother going back to MI6? And he's getting support from Q and MP etc.

Whether he gets his number back is anybody's guess, and i am open to seeing how it will play out. I understand he's retired (and will probably go back to retirement by the end) so there is no real need to give him the 007 number back. But for example i would be ok if he gets the 7777 number instead.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Why can't in this "Craig-era universe", the next 007 be Nomi, and then they'll reboot it again with a new James Bond, who will be 007. I think that's way simpler than just having the number flip flop between people, and not to mention the whole "James, you can be 007 again, I'll be 006 or 008. Cool. Thanks bro." (paraphrasing obviously) I dunno about that, would feel like a really pointless addition to the film. Especially if our theory about him seeing her as his former self in CR, why would you end that with? "Ok, I've taught you everthing I know, and you've also helped me, now step aside love..." (Again paraphrasing haha)

Again, here is the problem with that line of thinking: the "007" code numer is 100% associated with James Bond. Even if it makes sense for this film to play with that a little, EON can't allow it to go on for all or most of the film. It's messing with their brand. There has been no attempt to pull back from publicatioons continuously saying that this is "Daniel Craig's final adventure as 007." These headlines and subtitles have been going for weeks, now. Plus, there is the thornier issue of the lobby display, in which DC is front and center, and the '007" logo is behind him.

You don't go making a "007" film and then not have "007" be "007." It would be idiotic.

TripAces wrote: »

Why can't in this "Craig-era universe", the next 007 be Nomi, and then they'll reboot it again with a new James Bond, who will be 007. I think that's way simpler than just having the number flip flop between people, and not to mention the whole "James, you can be 007 again, I'll be 006 or 008. Cool. Thanks bro." (paraphrasing obviously) I dunno about that, would feel like a really pointless addition to the film. Especially if our theory about him seeing her as his former self in CR, why would you end that with? "Ok, I've taught you everthing I know, and you've also helped me, now step aside love..." (Again paraphrasing haha)

Again, here is the problem with that line of thinking: the "007" code numer is 100% associated with James Bond. Even if it makes sense for this film to play with that a little, EON can't allow it to go on for all or most of the film. It's messing with their brand. There has been no attempt to pull back from publicatioons continuously saying that this is "Daniel Craig's final adventure as 007." These headlines and subtitles have been going for weeks, now. Plus, there is the thornier issue of the lobby display, in which DC is front and center, and the '007" logo is behind him.

You don't go making a "007" film and then not have "007" be "007." It would be idiotic.

I can see that, and it could also make for a very satisfying scene of him "earning" it back, or getting it back, almost like the countless scenes of him getting the DB5 back that we have now.

IF Nomi has it... it could be a little underwhelming, or feel like a missed opportunity, if he does not get it back from her in NTTD. Completely depends on how it's written of course.

Also imagine M saying: Ready to get back to work James Bond?
    That feels totally off lol.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    As @00Agent says we'll have to wait to see what they do with because anything can happen at this point, but I just don't know if they'll want to leave it that open-ended, cause I also feel that him being 007 again might give people hope for Craig's return, when as we've all said, this is meant to be his final film and we've been repeatedly told. But again as you say 00Agent, depends on how it's written.
    As @00Agent says we'll have to wait to see what they do with because anything can happen at this point, but I just don't know if they'll want to leave it that open-ended, cause I also feel that him being 007 again might give people hope for Craig's return, when as we've all said, this is meant to be his final film and we've been repeatedly told. But again as you say 00Agent, depends on how it's written.

I think for his official last hurrah it would be very satisfying to give it back to him, and might even feel weird if he's not 007.

Also M can clarify to him that it is a temporary reinstatement, so there is no confusion.
    I'm also interested to See if M wants him back at all, or if he's hesitant but sees the need.
    More open questions.

edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126

+1 @TripAces it would be very dumb. It would turn people away from the film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I can see it now. Not only is Nomi the new 007, but at the end of the film she also takes over the name James Bond.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Two Jameses. Lucky 'mi.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164

Says who?

The whole gambit of Nomi as 007 plays on the idea of the public - and Bond himself - considering himself 007. So the whole dynamic and the rivalry/eventual collaboration between Bond and Nomi is built upon Bond still thinking 007 belongs to him even if he's retired.

EON don't give two craps about how the press is referring to NTTD as this or that. They don't find a problem with it at all. Because the whole idea is that while *we* know Bond as the one true 007, that codename isn't wed to him in reality. And, the reason there's been no attempt, why 007 is still on the marketing (that doesn't have to reflect the film!) is the fact they for now want to keep it under wraps on an official level...

And, lastly, they don't need to give it back to Craig's Bond in this film because the next will be a reboot anyway.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Maybe it’s worth just waiting and seeing what happens in the film.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    antovolk wrote: »

Says who?

The whole gambit of Nomi as 007 plays on the idea of the public - and Bond himself - considering himself 007. So the whole dynamic and the rivalry/eventual collaboration between Bond and Nomi is built upon Bond still thinking 007 belongs to him even if he's retired.

EON don't give two craps about how the press is referring to NTTD as this or that. They don't find a problem with it at all. Because the whole idea is that while *we* know Bond as the one true 007, that codename isn't wed to him in reality. And, the reason there's been no attempt, why 007 is still on the marketing (that doesn't have to reflect the film!) is the fact they for now want to keep it under wraps on an official level...

And, lastly, they don't need to give it back to Craig's Bond in this film because the next will be a reboot anyway.

So this Bond movie is supposed to be decisive to buy tickets and piss off at least half of fans? People might not want to come back if they were so pissed by the last one and this one.
    mtm wrote: »
    Maybe it’s worth just waiting and seeing what happens in the film.

Exactly. All a moot discussion, really. All it does is flare people up.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »

Says who?

So this Bond movie is supposed to be decisive to buy tickets and piss off at least half of fans? People might not want to come back if they were so pissed by the last one.

I mean...yes, in a way? Barbara and Fukunaga are playing with these ideas, who do we view as 007 in the public eye, do James Bond and 007 have to be so closely linked...and in the end, what's the best way to make what's seen as one of the most 'regressive' film franchises today more diverse.

And while half the older fans may be pissed off, is more than made up by new, younger (and, given who's playing Nomi, black) fans who'll be - and Lashana has brought this up, basically confirming she is 007 in this film - overjoyed and inspired by someone like her in Bond's shoes.

And going back to the film at hand as opposed to public optics, CraigBond's story ending with him passing on the 007 mantle to someone else makes sense.