No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Lynch is the 60-year-old franchise’s first ever black female agent, who already has an elite 00 status, and takes over the 007 status when Bond leaves the British intelligence service MI6.
    I think this quote is based on the rumours in the press rather than a concrete idea of what happens.

A paragraph above this it says she is the new black female James Bond... They're just saying what they think, regardless if it's based on actual information or not. Lots of people are doing this.
    Doesn’t look like a full confirmation yet. I’m still pretty sure she will be 007, but in the context of that article it doesn’t look confirmed yet.
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?.........................Lynch might have the 007 number???
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Lynch is the 60-year-old franchise’s first ever black female agent, who already has an elite 00 status, and takes over the 007 status when Bond leaves the British intelligence service MI6.
    I think this quote is based on the rumours in the press rather than a concrete idea of what happens.

Yupp, completely baseless and probably more wishful thinking on the part of the Journalist who wants her article to sound more important.

This sentence doesn't even make any sense:
    "who already has an elite 00 status, and takes over the 007 status when Bond leaves the British intelligence service MI6."

Bond has long left the secret Service when they first meet. Either she's 007 from the start or not at all.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Olivier Schneider, supervising stunt coordinator (cap), and stunt crew members. Don't know their names or positions. Look at the set

qXALyMU.jpg

I have no problem with Nomi being the new 007 following bonds retirement. Be interesting to see how they handle the end. Will he retire once more and she retains it thus closing off Craig’s arc, or will he get it back. I think either of these (probably the former) will be the answer and be the promise of “changing everything”
    Contraband wrote: »
    Olivier Schneider, supervising stunt coordinator (cap), and stunt crew members. Don't know their names or positions. Look at the set

qXALyMU.jpg

Straight out of a Ken Adam design book, right? Very cool.

Stellar job lately, @Contraband. Thanks for all the news, articles, pics,... You da man, man.
    Univex wrote: »

qXALyMU.jpg

Stellar job lately, @Contraband. Thanks for all the news, articles, pics,... You da man, man.

Thanks man... :-)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

qXALyMU.jpg

+ 10
    LOVE seeing the continued Adam influence. It is one of the things that makes Bond BOND!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Mark Tildesley was the best choice for that Adam style. I hope EON keep this guy on for future projects, although I do want Dennis Gassner to do another. Give them both another Bond film.
  • antovolk wrote: »
    Not sure that thread was appropriate for it through, would have been better to post here...

Another set visit post, this time from Mashable
    https://mashable.com/article/james-bond-no-time-to-die-set-visit/?europe=true&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is very spoiler-ific.....we almost know the first act entirely.
    • Bond is retired in Jamaica and not entirely happy.
    • Felix asks for Bond's help as a 'package' he is seeking is in Cuba.
    • Felix asks Bond as the CIA can't enter Cuba for political reasons.
    • Bond is enticed as Felix informs the former 007 that SPECTRE may be involved.
    • The 'package' turns out to be David Dencik's character (who will still haven't seen)
    • When Bond arrives in Cuba he realises that SPECTRE have been waiting for him.
    • Paloma is a Cuban agent and a friend of Felix's.
    • Nomi is a pilot.
    • Nomi wears a Tom Ford suit.
    • The reporter thinks the plot involves biological warfare.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Looks like it not just Billie at the Oscars...Léa was at the Women in Hollywood function

laura-dern-hosts-vanity-fair-lancome-celebrate-women-in-hollywood-08.jpg

and then this...! Hoping for more cast members on the red carpet!

antovolk wrote: »
    Not sure that thread was appropriate for it through, would have been better to post here...

Another set visit post, this time from Mashable
    https://mashable.com/article/james-bond-no-time-to-die-set-visit/?europe=true&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is very spoiler-ific.....we almost know the first act entirely.
    • Bond is retired in Jamaica and not entirely happy.
    • Felix asks for Bond's help as a 'package' he is seeking is in Cuba.
    • Felix asks Bond as the CIA can't enter Cuba for political reasons.
    • Bond is enticed as Felix informs the former 007 that SPECTRE may be involved.
    • The 'package' turns out to be David Dencik's character (who will still haven't seen)
    • When Bond arrives in Cuba he realises that SPECTRE have been waiting for him.
    • Paloma is a Cuban agent and a friend of Felix's.
    • Nomi is a pilot.
    • Nomi wears a Tom Ford suit.
    • The reporter thinks the plot involves biological warfare.

Indeed, a lot of details there. My theory regarding
    SPECTRE is that Safin will be killing off Blofeld loyalists and taking whoever is willing to join his own army, therefore helping close the SPECTRE situation. I have this feeling Safin will kill Blofeld as well.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    No Time to Die will once again prove that our defences in this version of Britain are rubbish haha :D
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Not sure if you guys have seen this before with Olivier Schneider, supervising stunt coordinator.

Look at the clapperboard on the right. Does that help in any way?

0C7KSyB.jpg

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    delfloria wrote: »

We know that since months. It's happening.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I still don't know how I feel about this. Lynch seems cool but her character doesn't feel genuine to me. Hard to judge without seeing the film. Hopefully this will be the first and last time since such a thing can work just for one picture.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I still think this could be a fake out. Not likely, but not close to out of the question, in my mind. And I'll admit that there's a certain amount of wishful thinking on my part.

Going with the advanced version of the fake out: what if they keep referring to Nomi as a ‘00 agent’ during the film? So that she potentially could be 007 or potentially another 00. That they don’t reveal it at all.

Because a reveal would only be necessary if she is 007, 100% confirmed. If they don’t make a big reveal, she could be either. And both sides of the debate would be satisfied.

Besides, if she is 007, I’m shocked they don’t play it out in the lead up to the film more. The duality between Bond and Nomi could be captured strikingly by the marketing team. Why still keep it a secret if she is 007? To get the ‘big reveal’ moment? Not when people have been talking about it non stop, and a tabloid even claimed they know how the ‘reveal’ will play out.

Isn’t it better to come clean about it before the film’s release? Unless they never intent to tell us which number she has, as I suggested.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    To be honest @DeerAtTheGates, I think if they did, people would just rip into them for not committing to a decision and would just try to make it seem like "EON don't have the balls" to make one. As for why they're still keeping it a secret?

I think they just want people to find out within the film itself because they probably know that confirming without any context of how she's going to be portrayed will just launch another firestorm like we had before, whether it's true she's 007 or not, and that was when it was just rumoured... so I think they'd rather just let people see her in the film, reveal if she's 007 and then they can make their minds up what they think.

The media have been unfairly crap with this film, so at least EON can maybe learn how to control it a bit.

Think of it in the same way we don't know Safin's alligence; let the movie tells us.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I still think this could be a fake out. Not likely, but not close to out of the question, in my mind. And I'll admit that there's a certain amount of wishful thinking on my part.

Going with the advanced version of the fake out: what if they keep referring to Nomi as a ‘00 agent’ during the film? So that she potentially could be 007 or potentially another 00. That they don’t reveal it at all.

Because a reveal would only be necessary if she is 007, 100% confirmed. If they don’t make a big reveal, she could be either. And both sides of the debate would be satisfied.

We will definitely find out who 007 is because we know M asks 'Where's 007?'

If they include that in the final cut, that is.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Way back I speculated that M would say to Moneypenny, “send in 007,”, after which, Nomi would enter his office.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Way back I speculated that M would say to Moneypenny, “send in 007,”, after which, Nomi would enter his office.

Isn’t this exactly the scene the Daily Mail described when the whole Nomi as 007 thing first was mentioned?

qXALyMU.jpg

Or Peter Lamont or anyone using greyish bunkerlike interiors.
    matt_u wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »

We know that since months. It's happening.

Yes, I was just trolling. I think that EON would keep the reveal under wraps as much as they can to get that audience reaction, for the uninitiated, when Lynch walks in after M asks for 007. It's no big deal, anyone could have been issued the number once Bond retired from the service. I'm sure Bond himself takes it in stride when it's revealed to him that she is now 007.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think...like most fans...the concern is, ''What is Bond's Status once the Credits roll?'', not necessarily Lynch being 007....NTTD might be the first Bond film where fans are more concern about how Bond ends up at the end....instead his usual big confrontation with the Villian....one could say it's the continuity thing that led us here....if not, there won't be so much concern about how NTTD ends...but still, we all want it to end in a way that isn't polarizing.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    I personally have no problem with Lynch being OO7 in Bond's absence. I'd hope that when Bond returns his designation would be reinstated.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2020 Posts: 10,512
    This is all much ado about nothing. When they launch the new actor in B26 he’ll be James Bond 007. Whatever happens, this is a one film deal, he’s still Bond, so I couldn’t give a rats ass as long as it’s decent.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Octopussy wrote: »
    I personally have no problem with Lynch being OO7 in Bond's absence. I'd hope that when Bond returns his designation would be reinstated.

Second that, no issues on this and it would make for a good initial twist for the general movie goer for Nomi to be 007. It’s driving me insane though seeing papers continuously saying Nomi is the new James Bond after NTTD.

If she is already in this film with James Bond and her character name is Nomi, then how can that all change and her name turn out to be James Bond?!! C’mon !

I think her character will be a good addition to the film and will play an important role throughout so I am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out but to be clear and like most others on here, DC is James Bond 007 and the star of the show and that is what is important although all the other parts of the jigsaw are key to making it a great film
    🍸
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    JG007 wrote: »
    Octopussy wrote: »

Second that, no issues on this and it would make for a good initial twist for the general movie goer for Nomi to be 007. It’s driving me insane though seeing papers continuously saying Nomi is the new James Bond after NTTD.

If she is already in this film with James Bond and her character name is Nomi, then how can that all change and her name turn out to be James Bond?!! C’mon !

I think her character will be a good addition to the film and will play an important role throughout so I am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out but to be clear and like most others on here, DC is James Bond 007 and the star of the show and that is what is important although all the other parts of the jigsaw are key to making it a great film
    🍸

“So stay in your lane, or I’m taking your name.”