No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    WOOOOW!!! What does Safin says?
    matt_u wrote: »
    Bond and Nomi reach Safin’s liar by plane, so yes he’s hiding within an island. Japan seems really likely. Great spot anyway. Feels so fresh and inspired. Plus, the level of coolness of this film is crazy. I wouldn’t put too much weight on movie tag lines...

@matt_u I’m really hopeful for Japan and YOLT influence, particularly for the ending. Norway and New Zealand were never confirmed as actual locations (in the story) for the movie, right?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Bond and Nomi reach Safin’s liar by plane, so yes he’s hiding within an island. Japan seems really likely. Great spot anyway. Feels so fresh and inspired. Plus, the level of coolness of this film is crazy. I wouldn’t put too much weight on movie tag lines...

@matt_u I’m really hopeful for Japan and YOLT influence, particularly for the ending. Norway and New Zealand were never confirmed as actual locations (in the story) for the movie, right?

Nope, never...
    THIS APRIL

THE 25TH FILM

WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING..............................

5 YEAR GAPS WILL BECOME THE NORM.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

"This was your choice."
  • RyanRyan Canada
    This changes everything...
    Judi Dench is 007.
    Glad to see Dench appearing in every Craig movie.
    Ryan wrote: »
    This changes everything...
    Judi Dench is 007.

Good one!
    TripAces wrote: »

"This was your choice."

He sounds quite broken. Perhaps he’s talking to Swann. The “We always have a choice” line from SP comes to mind.

"This was your choice."

He sounds quite broken. Perhaps he’s talking to Swann. The “We always have a choice” line from SP comes to mind.

It does come to mind, and I think the theme of determinism will be unveiled as what changes everything. That's why I think Safin is talking to Bond, here.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I get nervous about “changes everything “, but I realize that’s mainly hype.

So do I. I get that it could just be hype, but that’s also not the sort of language I’m used to seeing when EON promotes a Bond film. “Biggest” this, or “best ever” that; not “change everything.”
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869

"This was your choice."
    He sounds quite broken. Perhaps he’s talking to Swann.

The “We always have a choice” line from SP comes to mind.
    It makes me think maybe he gave her a choice at the lake.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    This is the only big reference to DR. NO I would approve at the end of the movie:

Madeleine and Bond are through, going their separate ways. Cut to MI6 with an emergency “we lost communication with Jaimaica” “where’s 007?” Cut to Bond and Sylvia Trench playing baccarat, just before he’s called up for an emergency meeting. He says he has to go, “excuse me, but I have an urgent call”, “do you have to?” “Immediately...” *makes out* “almost immediately”

Cut to black.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    This is the only big reference to DR. NO I would approve at the end of the movie:

Madeleine and Bond are through, going their separate ways. Cut to MI6 with an emergency “we lost communication with Jaimaica” “where’s 007?” Cut to Bond and Sylvia Trench playing baccarat, just before he’s called up for an emergency meeting. He says he has to go, “excuse me, but I have an urgent call”, “do you have to?” “Immediately...” *makes out* “almost immediately”

Cut to black.

It be very wierd and would ruin the previous films
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Cut to black.

It be very wierd and would ruin the previous films

I would accept that as just a tip of the hat, not a confirmation of one continuity merging with another.
    'HIM"
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    will change everything .. or nothing ..
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    delfloria wrote: »
    'HIM"

I knew this would come up again. Same audio from the first trailer but now no visual.
    Contraband wrote: »
    New Behind the scenes NTTD picture hidden in this collage from Universal:

I’m loving the militaristic Bond in action.

Picture in the middle?

I hope that it is a challenge for Bond to get into the villain’s lair this time. For example, in the novel LALD, he has to scuba dive through water infested with barracuda. In Spectre he was just chauffeur driven in.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Love how everyone who though it was “death of you” is ignoring that’s its “him”.
    This video explains what I see as being a primary theme in NTTD and the DC era, in general.

00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Love how everyone who though it was “death of you” is ignoring that’s its “him”.

It’s “you”, it gets a bit mumbled (not really the correct description). It’s been discussed extensively already.

In the new tv spot there isn’t any shot of Blofeld, just the voice over of the line. It’s very clear “him”.

It’s “you”, it gets a bit mumbled (not really the correct description). It’s been discussed extensively already.

Yeah it still sounded like “you”.
    Your ears need testing. Even YouTubes admittedly glitch closed captioning says him.
    It sounds like “him” and “you” equally to me, depending on what I want to hear!
    This is another white and gold dress phenomenon?
    I think the Malek shot he is holding m at gunpoint. And if you look closer there is a mysterious silhouette in the lower left hand corner looks almost like the person in the mask behind the glass from first trailer.

In the new tv spot there isn’t any shot of Blofeld, just the voice over of the line. It’s very clear “him”.

I still hear “you”. We’ll know in a few months, but I wouldn’t say it’s “clear” at all if people are still disagreeing.

+1
    Potential trailer two for the Oscars? With more dialogue of the footage we saw.