No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,329
    Wow scene leaked from NTTD
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,169
    Since it's most likely dialouge scenes that were added (action setpieces take months to prepare and set up), I'm not jumping up and down. I'm not really into soap operas.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Other than the trailer action, we don't really know what the set pieces are, or how many there will be.
    I'm hoping that the bike jump in the trailer (as impressive as it is) isn't the main set piece.
    As I've said before, there's still so much that we don't know, it's refreshing after the SP script leaks.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    TripAces wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I like how they say 007 fans and 25th 007 film he isn't even 007. And more woke wonderful exactly what the film needs. Gosh hope this film isn't a disaster for the running time alone.

James Bond is 007. Always has been, always will be.

Except when he isn't, like in the original Ian Fleming stories. And in License to Kill when he quits.
    Benny wrote: »
    Other than the trailer action, we don't really know what the set pieces are, or how many there will be.
    Rest assure that all the money shots (bike jump, boat explosion etc) will be in the trailer(s). They always are.
    I think I'd prefer two shorter parts, than one enormous film. Spectre could have benefited from this greatly I think.
    This option is obviously less ideal when we have to wait five years between films of course.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    DCisared wrote: »
    Wow scene leaked from NTTD

Brilliant, haha.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    A three hour Bond film is fine by me....as long as it feels like a good Ian Fleming Novel....which can be such page-turners....however, the only thing missing might just be a ski-chase. Seems Daniel Craig might join Sean Connery....and to an extent Timothy Dalton as the Bond that never skied.
    If the film is three hours, I wonder if there's any chance they'd put in an Intermission a la Lawrence of Arabia? Having to sit still and not move for three hours is a trial, even if NTTD turns out to be the most captivating Bond film yet.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Sometimes a longer running time is warranted (OHMSS, CR and, arguably, SF), but I still would prefer not. I believe the reason a bunch of us love QOS so much is due to it's tight, no nonsense approach. I've gone into detail previously about how everyone of the Glen films could be a damned near masterpiece if trimmed down to about and hour and a half each. Yes, it depends on the individual project, but I'd be more optimistic if it was announced that the running time was right around two hours. Leaner is generally a safe bet that, if nothing else, that there will be less pointless filler.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Sometimes a longer running time is warranted (OHMSS, CR and, arguably, SF), but I still would prefer not. I believe the reason a bunch of us love QOS so much is due to it's tight, no nonsense approach. I've gone into detail previously about how everyone of the Glen films could be a damned near masterpiece if trimmed down to about and hour and a half each. Yes, it depends on the individual project, but I'd be more optimistic if it was announced that the running time was right around two hours. Leaner is generally a safe bet that, if nothing else, that there will be less pointless filler.

100% agree.

3 hours is too long for pretty much any film.

Watched the Irishman the other day and had to break it into 2 sittings
    If the film is three hours, I wonder if there's any chance they'd put in an Intermission a la Lawrence of Arabia? Having to sit still and not move for three hours is a trial, even if NTTD turns out to be the most captivating Bond film yet.

Nope. Cinemas already probably not too happy about this (less shows per day) would stretch the time out even longer.

Avengers Endgame and other recent releases in that runtime range eg It Chapter 2, Blade Runner, Interstellar didn't have one and so won't this.
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    edited February 2020 Posts: 98
    3H seems logical : I see NTTD as half SP part 2 (I guess we may see what Madeleine is talking about in SP, the "stranger in the house" part), and half new story. Plus, the Craig finale (I've read in a french magazine, interview of Barbara, that the finale "leaves no doubt about it" (Première, February 2020). Hope all of this will blend smoothly. M5730_cache_504s052020.jpg
    Could Safin be related to Vesper's boyfriend in SP?
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If it’s 3 hours then expect

30 minutes in matera
    45 minutes in Jamaica.
    30 minutes in Cuba.
    30-40 minutes in London
    One hour for Norway/Russia

What happened to Japan?
    3H seems logical : I see NTTD as half SP part 2 (I guess we may see what Madeleine is talking about in SP, the "stranger in the house" part), and half new story. Plus, the Craig finale (I've read in a french magazine, interview of Barbara, that the finale "leaves no doubt about it" (Première, February 2020). Hope all of this will blend smoothly. M5730_cache_504s052020.jpg

Is there any new info in that interview? Any chance you might be able to post it here (don't worry about translating if you don't feel like it)
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited February 2020 Posts: 138
    I guess it's 3 hours including the credits so the movie will last 2h45 and the editing is not finished yet so may be 2h35 or 2h40 or something, well i don't think it will last EXACTLY 3h.
    duke_togo wrote: »
    3 hours including the credits so the movie will last 2h45 and the editing is not finished yet so may be 2h35 or 40 or something, well i don't think it will last EXACTLY 3h.

As mentioned before, 174 mins including credits appears to be the current runtime.

New on set still with Ana De Armas by Greg Williams for Chopard:
    Ana-de-Armas_Chopard-Green-Carpet-Collection-%E2%95%95Greg-Williams-3.jpg
    https://quillandpad.com/2020/02/02/diamonds-are-forever-chopard-partners-with-james-bond-in-no-time-to-die/
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    antovolk wrote: »

Just a slight stiffness coming on.

Nope. Cinemas already probably not too happy about this (less shows per day) would stretch the time out even longer.

Avengers Endgame and other recent releases in that runtime range eg It Chapter 2, Blade Runner, Interstellar didn't have one and so won't this.

You’re 100% right
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Octopussy wrote: »

Just a slight stiffness coming on.

In the shoulder of course :D
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    This 3 hours reveal means that the trailer didn't show a lot, and that in fact we still don't know anything about this movie.Quite refreshing...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    If a story needs 3 hours to be told, bring on the 3 hours film.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Don't care about the running time. Instead:

The stony beach outside Maratea, with Lashana and Lea, and now Daily's claim that White Island would serve as Safin's lair or at least the exterior. Are there any resemblance between those locations?

If so, arial footage of white island - cut to: Lashana/Lea in the rib boat outside Maratea - approaching the stony beach - cut to: Lashana entering alone the lair somehow? Lea outside with a walkie talkie (as she has in one of the pictures from the filming in october)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    3H seems logical : I see NTTD as half SP part 2 (I guess we may see what Madeleine is talking about in SP, the "stranger in the house" part), and half new story. Plus, the Craig finale (I've read in a french magazine, interview of Barbara, that the finale "leaves no doubt about it" (Première, February 2020). Hope all of this will blend smoothly.

https://www.journaux.fr/images/revues/M5730_cache_504s052020.jpg

Thank you for posting, I just picked up this magazine for 8 bucks on ebay. Last one here, guys:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REVUE-PREMIERE-N-504-FEVRIER-2020-MOURIR-PEUT-ATTENDRE/153815457692?hash=item23d01d9f9c:g:xAkAAOSw2WheMxLI
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    3 hours including the credits so the movie will last 2h45 and the editing is not finished yet so may be 2h35 or 40 or something, well i don't think it will last EXACTLY 3h.

As mentioned before, 174 mins including credits appears to be the current runtime.

New on set still with Ana De Armas by Greg Williams for Chopard:
    Ana-de-Armas_Chopard-Green-Carpet-Collection-%E2%95%95Greg-Williams-3.jpg
    https://quillandpad.com/2020/02/02/diamonds-are-forever-chopard-partners-with-james-bond-in-no-time-to-die/

She is beautiful, feel like she gets better looking in every new still, she was amazing in Knives Out as well. Looking forward to her 15 minutes in the film...

As for the 3 hour runtime, not sure what to make of it but so long as the pacing is right, the more of Craig's Bond the better
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Just grabbed this one too - it's got a Bond poster in it:

s-l1600.jpg
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Contraband wrote: »
    Don't care about the running time. Instead:

The stony beach outside Maratea, with Lashana and Lea, and now Daily's claim that White Island would serve as Safin's lair or at least the exterior. Are there any resemblance between those locations?

Well, not too much, but they're both volcanic shores with dark sand. Anyway White Island will serve just for aerial shots I suppose. But they did aerial shots also of the Far Oer islands...
    This 3 hours reveal means that the trailer didn't show a lot, and that in fact we still don't know anything about this movie.Quite refreshing...
    Haha, imagine if we were shown all the action already in the trailer, and the rest were long dialogue pieces :-)).
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I like how they say 007 fans and 25th 007 film he isn't even 007. And more woke wonderful exactly what the film needs. Gosh hope this film isn't a disaster for the running time alone.

Except when he isn't, like in the original Ian Fleming stories. And in License to Kill when he quits.

Fleming wasn't writing with marketing in mind. In LTK, Bond was not replaced, and I would go so far as to say that his resignation was not accepted.

Bond was considered DEAD in SF, so he wasn't 007 for a time, either. But in his mind he still was: "007 reporting to duty."

All of this panic/concern over Nomi being 007 is a bit irrational to me. EON knows that James Bond IS 007 and has built an entire brand on that concept. It makes no sense, in Daniel Craig's final film, to have another character assume that 007 moniker, from start to finish.

Note that the trades are calling this "Daniel Craig's last outing as 007."
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Fleming wasn't writing with marketing in mind.

I'm not sure that was true! He was pretty cynical, really (as well as being a very impressive writer) and was fairly desperate to get movies made out of his books- he wasn't only in it for the art but to make sales.