No Time to Die production thread

Comments

I was fascinated about this enough to try that and really with a neutral take. I listen over and over and still came up with "him". I'm not trying to champion "him" and know that the editors said it's "you". I'm just responding to the weird phenomenon.
    I thought this was cleared up on the Italian trailer subtitles.

It’s “you” I thought
    I can understand that it is a bit unclear
    The official closed caption subs on the SB spot confirm one again, you.

• Birdleson wrote: »

@calvindyson hears “him”. Someone better break the news to him.

This is really weird.....but I always heard "you" but now I only hear "him"

Has the video been edited since yesterday to change the dialogue. He's 1000% saying "him"
  • I've heard 'him' and the subtitles say 'him'.
    Curious.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    I've heard 'him' and the subtitles say 'him'.
    Curious.

Which subtitles?

I posted the official closed captions on the top of this page and it's 'you'. We know from the trailer editors it's 'you'. Hell, I can pull up the official 5.1 mix and see the almost clean dialogue... EDIT: https://voca.ro/erbH34jonQc
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm getting nauseous.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Probably nothing too shocking here (maybe nothing new at all):

Confirming a couple of things about the NTTD watch:
    • It will have a special function in the film (obviously I suppose),
    • It will not be limited edition (produced and sold until the next Bond film, which the Omega Vice President guesses will be in 2024, lol)
    • It was designed with the help of Daniel Craig (maybe they all are?)
    Anyways I just thought it was a bit interesting.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Curious.

Which subtitles?

I posted the official closed captions on the top of this page and it's 'you'. We know from the trailer editors it's 'you'. Hell, I can pull up the official 5.1 mix and see the almost clean dialogue... EDIT: https://voca.ro/erbH34jonQc

I think my subtitles (created I think by YouTube using audio?) also said "him" but I've come around to "you"... I'm 99% sure. This definitely is the new "black and blue dress".
  • antovolk wrote: »
    Curious.

Which subtitles?

I think my subtitles (created I think by YouTube using audio?) also said "him" but I've come around to "you"... I'm 99% sure. This definitely is the new "black and blue dress".

Aye, this is also what I read. Not official subtitles however.
    Maybe my Canadian ears hear the accent differently.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Curious.

Which subtitles?

Aye, this is also what I read. Not official subtitles however.
    Maybe my Canadian ears hear the accent differently.

Oh fur shure bud, fur shure.
  • @NickTwentyTwo that's right! Two provinces away from you that's sounds right to my ears. :)) "it'll be the death of you, eh?"
  • RC7RC7
    It’s you. Waltz doesn’t accentuate the ‘oo’, he drops off, which is why some people are hearing a slight ‘um’ at the end.

Also, regardless of interpretation ‘you’ makes sense in the context. ‘You’ gave up everything for ‘her’. When ‘her’ secret finds its way out, it’ll be the death of ‘you’. There’s nothing tricksy about it. There’s no context for who the supposed ‘him’ would be.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,034
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm getting nauseous.

This is very amusing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,963
    Birdleson wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Love how everyone who though it was “death of you” is ignoring that’s its “him”.

It’s “you”, it gets a bit mumbled (not really the correct description). It’s been discussed extensively already.

In the new tv spot there isn’t any shot of Blofeld, just the voice over of the line. It’s very clear “him”.

I still hear “you”. We’ll know in a few months, but I wouldn’t say it’s “clear” at all if people are still disagreeing.

This is weird phenomenon because I truly hear "Him" without a doubt in my mind. I wonder if it will be this confusing in the film itself?

I can hear how people hear both, but by words end I’m confident that the intention is “you”.

Yes I'm the same: I can definitely hear why folks think it's 'him' but if you listen carefully the word ends softly with a trailing 'u' sound, rather than with a more solid 'm' sound.
    And also, it just doesn't make any sense in the trailer for him to be talking about someone we aren't shown- the trailer maker wouldn't put that line in there without explaining to the audience who it's talking about.
    RC7 wrote: »
    It’s you. Waltz doesn’t accentuate the ‘oo’, he drops off, which is why some people are hearing a slight ‘um’ at the end.

Also, regardless of interpretation ‘you’ makes sense in the context. ‘You’ gave up everything for ‘her’. When ‘her’ secret finds its way out, it’ll be the death of ‘you’. There’s nothing tricksy about it. There’s no context for who the supposed ‘him’ would be.

Yes, precisely. There is no 'him' for him to be talking about, at least for the audience of the trailer.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    RC7 wrote: »

Interesting Waltz should have got a speech person to fix that oo thing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Well, English is not my first language but I always heard “him”. If u guys say that’s not what he’s saying the only thing I can do is just... trust you. :D
  • peterpeter Toronto
    some ppl on this forum were pushing the DN angle... then those same ppl (one), say they have insider info close to this production and we shouldn't jump the gun (of the trigger they (he) pulled).

I'm guessing this character-- Safin-- and this film-- with images to match-- influenced the director's vision. Just watch the mystery unfold and don't listen to squirrels (with no connection to the production).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Can we not refer to fellow members as “squirrels “? I don’t see how that helps anything.

I was trying to be polite.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Don't squirrels hibernate during the winter ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I wish
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Don't know if this has been posted before? Fresh posted by Tim Greaves / twitter @TTFilmz

B0lWZet.jpg

BTW: The yellow villa was rebuilt on a other location (Scotland?) in april or may with green grass, trees, etc. Just realized that the vegetation is the same we've seen in the trailer with Bond in the woods. What does that tell us?
    peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I wish

I've seen them in December anyway off topic.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Contraband wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been posted before? Fresh posted by Tim Greaves / twitter @TTFilmz

B0lWZet.jpg

BTW: The yellow villa was rebuilt on a other location (Scotland?) in april or may with green grass, trees, etc. Just realized that the vegetation is the same we've seen in the trailer with Bond in the woods. What does that tell us?

For some reason, Bond has to return to this house. I believe the scene depicted here is Bond's trek to that house.

5de7db5521000058e434f01f.png?cache=9igc92zzzk&ops=1778_1000
    Why would bond have to go there
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Why would bond have to go there

I guess that is what we'll find out. But it certainly seems like he is and that doing so is a bit hazardous.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I completely forgot the house was rebuilt in a green/foresty setting. That’s intriguing. That house must have some significance to the plot.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    cnTV3JZ.jpg
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I completely forgot the house was rebuilt in a green/foresty setting. That’s intriguing. That house must have some significance to the plot.

Indeed. It is refreshing, after knowing everything about SP, that I am clueless about 90% of this plot!