What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    talos7 wrote: »
    When you make a claim that she probably has “great disdain” for the franchise, it sounds incredibly overblown.

And you know that she doesn’t?

There’s no reason to presume she has disdain for the franchise.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    When you make a claim that she probably has “great disdain” for the franchise, it sounds incredibly overblown.

You really didn’t absorb my reasoning for thinking she may.

Oh well, moving on...

Your line of thinking seems to come down to “I’m old and scared of the the world changing around me”, hence your past comments on SJWs, feminism, etc. so you’re right that I don’t particularly absorb that point of view but I can understand why you’d have it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited January 2020 Posts: 8,037

You really didn’t absorb my reasoning for thinking she may.

Oh well, moving on...

Is the reasoning that her work is, as you put it, "gloomy", as well as her being young? I'm not quite sure that's reason enough, personally. There are plenty of wonderful artists out there who make work that couldn't really be described as tonally appropriate for Bond, but I've no doubt that most of them probably don't exclusively have that same taste in what they watch.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Your line of thinking seems to come down to “I’m old and scared of the the world changing around me”, hence your past comments on SJWs, feminism, etc. so you’re right that I don’t particularly absorb that point of view but I can understand why you’d have it.

Lol, you are clueless

You never know.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I thought Ringfire's presumptions were annoying enough. Please don't be like them; imagine if someone began doing assumptions about you. How would you feel?
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 9,773
    Walecs wrote: »

I thought Ringfire's presumptions were annoying enough. Please don't be like them; imagine if someone began doing assumptions about you. How would you feel?

Enough you had an argument on an Internet forum we get it you don’t need to bring it up with every post... jeez who is going to play you and ringfire in the eventual lifetime movie...

And Will there be an emotional reunion with Dr Phil..,

This is a bond forum let’s try lay off the attack on each other to quote Le Chiffe that’s if anyone want to play poker now
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think it's saying a lot that grown-ups can be so intimidated by an 18-year old girl, that they are willing to rattle another person's cage over and over again for either liking or disliking her and that they are screaming bloody murder because she's going to get two minutes out of an almost 3-hour movie, with half of that segment in the capable hands of Daniel Kleinman.

Seriously, it's funny that she's been called out as someone who causes depression, teen suicides and Luciferian madness, yet she's been sending out nothing but positive press messages about the upcoming Bond film. At the same time, however, a crowd of adults goes bonkers in this thread, trying hard to prove that she's wrong for the job by accusing her of all but instigating WWIII, of having no morals and of representing biblical evils.

Come on, fellas. Can't any of you see how ridiculous this is getting? Let us first wait and see what she brings to the film; let us then, if so desired, analyse her song and rejoice or complain; but whatever happens, let us not target a commercial entity who's apparently smarter than the lot of you together. She's not the devil for selling an image; the ones buying it, and taking it seriously, like she's poisoning our youths' minds and whatnot, are foolish for doing so.

Also, have you forgotten your own young days? Every teen stands up against the generation that raised him. So what's with the cranky, "we're afraid of something new" attitude? Bond films always follow trends and pop iconography of the times. That's why we got Duran Duran when we did, why we got Garbage when we did and why we're having Billie Eilish now. If you're afraid of something that's really hot and selling well at the moment, perhaps you shouldn't be looking forward to the next Bond film...

So can we please regain some dignity and, more importantly, bring back some rationality? Yes? This little girl is the Nancy Sinatra of our days, except even more profitable. She goes nuts in her videos but outside of that, she's a perfectly normal girl, apart from the fact that she's making a gazillion bucks every day, whether you like it or not. She's incredibly popular and successful and she might help to boost interest for NTTD.

But if you can't stand those evil youths with their smartphones and their Pokémons and their Netflix accounts and their "whatever" attitude, by all means, enjoy the fruits of the past, grandpa. ;-)
    Well said, @DarthDimi
    Risico007 wrote: »

Enough you had an argument on an Internet forum we get it you don’t need to bring it up with every post... jeez who is going to play you and ringfire in the eventual lifetime movie...

This is a bond forum let’s try lay off the attack on each other to quote Le Chiffe that’s if anyone want to play poker now

So, let me get this straight, if you make assumptions about Billie Eilish and even call her a liar all is well but no one is meant to contradict you?
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I think it's saying a lot that grown-ups can be so intimidated by an 18-year old girl, that they are willing to rattle another person's cage over and over again for either liking or disliking her and that they are screaming bloody murder because she's going to get two minutes out of an almost 3-hour movie, with half of that segment in the capable hands of Daniel Kleinman.

Seriously, it's funny that she's been called out as someone who causes depression, teen suicides and Luciferian madness, yet she's been sending out nothing but positive press messages about the upcoming Bond film. At the same time, however, a crowd of adults goes bonkers in this thread, trying hard to prove that she's wrong for the job by accusing her of all but instigating WWIII, of having no morals and of representing biblical evils.

Come on, fellas. Can't any of you see how ridiculous this is getting? Let us first wait and see what she brings to the film; let us then, if so desired, analyse her song and rejoice or complain; but whatever happens, let us not target a commercial entity who's apparently smarter than the lot of you together. She's not the devil for selling an image; the ones buying it, and taking it seriously, like she's poisoning our youths' minds and whatnot, are foolish for doing so.

Also, have you forgotten your own young days? Every teen stands up against the generation that raised him. So what's with the cranky, "we're afraid of something new" attitude? Bond films always follow trends and pop iconography of the times. That's why we got Duran Duran when we did, why we got Garbage when we did and why we're having Billie Eilish now. If you're afraid of something that's really hot and selling well at the moment, perhaps you shouldn't be looking forward to the next Bond film...

So can we please regain some dignity and, more importantly, bring back some rationality? Yes? This little girl is the Nancy Sinatra of our days, except even more profitable. She goes nuts in her videos but outside of that, she's a perfectly normal girl, apart from the fact that she's making a gazillion bucks every day, whether you like it or not. She's incredibly popular and successful and she might help to boost interest for NTTD.

But if you can't stand those evil youths with their smartphones and their Pokémons and their Netflix accounts and their "whatever" attitude, by all means, enjoy the fruits of the past, grandpa. ;-)

Bravo.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

Lol, you are clueless
    Since the claims were yours, the burden of proof lies with you, mon frère.

So, let me get this straight, if you make assumptions about Billie Eilish and even call her a liar all is well but no one is meant to contradict you?

No I don’t like anything I have heard from her so using the scientific method I have determined I will dislike her bond theme
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

No I don’t like anything I have heard from her so using the scientific method I have determined I will dislike her bond theme

And that's an intelligent post why?
    That’s the fun thing, you may never know how you feel about the song until you hear it. I was sure the Jack White/Alicia Keys song would be great, and it’s now my least favorite!

• RyanRyan Canada
    That’s the fun thing, you may never know how you feel about the song until you hear it. I was sure the Jack White/Alicia Keys song would be great, and it’s now my least favorite!

I agree. I'm a fan of most of Jack White's career and yet I can't stand that song. It's among my bottom tier Bond songs.

Because I used the scientific method
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Ryan wrote: »

I agree. I'm a fan of most of Jack White's career and yet I can't stand that song. It's among my bottom tier Bond songs.

It's not great. Not one to listen to on it's own. Having said that I don't mind it in the film. At least it has a bit of get up and go and isn't just dull.

YKMN without doubt the best song of the last 25 years, with SF a little further down the rankings.

Because I used the scientific method

:))
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2020 Posts: 12,459
    Well. I am a little, but I guess not wholly, surprised by some people on this forum being intensely against Billie doing the Bond title song. But I hope we all move away from these ongoing attacks and also stop berating each other. You put it well, @DarthDimi .

I'm looking forward to the song. So she's already worked on it for a couple of months, with Hans. I could just possibly REALLY like it. I could dislike it. I have no idea, but I'm fine with her being chosen and content to keep an open mind about it.

The title song won't ruin the movie. I really dislike Another Way To Die and Madonna's effort (cannot even remember the exact name of it). I don't much care for some others either (All Time High or The Writings On The Wall come to mind). The movie matters, and while a great title song helps uplift it (and yes, I want it woven into the score), I've learned that ones I don't like (or even can barely stand) does not ruin the movie at all for me. Once the film starts, that takes over (thankfully).

Well. I am a little, but I guess not wholly, surprised by some people on this forum being intensely against Billie doing the Bond title song. But I hope we all move away from these ongoing attacks and also stop berating each other. You put it well, @DarthDimi .

I'm looking forward to the song. So she's already worked on it for a couple of months, with Hans. I could just possibly REALLY like it. I could dislike it. I have no idea, but I'm fine with her being chosen and content to keep an open mind about it.

The title song won't ruin the movie. I really dislike Another Way To Die and Madonna's effort (cannot even remember the exact name of it). I don't much care for some others either (All Time High or The Writings On The Wall come to mind). The movie matters, and while a great title song helps uplift it (and yes, I want it woven into the score), I've learned that one I don't like (or even can barely stand) does not ruin the movie at all for me. Once the film starts, that takes over (thankfully).

You don't like All Time High?! This is shocking.
    The song isn’t great, but the way Barry utilizes it in the actual score? *chef’s kiss*
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Octopussy wrote: »
    No matter what song people post, the more of her that I hear, the less suited to Bond I think she is.

Agreed. Unfortunately, I don't feel her voice has the maturity for Bond, IMO. This feels like a marketing decision to bring more young people who may have not been Bond fans before into the fold through her following. Hopefully we're all proven wrong!

I know that brining in a new generation is good for the series, but she is so monotonous. I couldn't tell you what the charts are like these days, not that I have ever really paid attention to them, but surely there must be a young singer, popular with the younger generation, that emits some semblance of life when they are singing. It's like listening to Henry Kissinger sing.

Her style is absolutely not for me. And I can't see NTTD being any different from her style, otherwise why would they have hired her.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 11,425
    The song isn’t great, but the way Barry utilizes it in the actual score? *chef’s kiss*

Well obviously, but I've always loved the song too. Not the only one it seems...

If we had a song of this calibre for any Bond film I'd be very happy.
    For the first time since I was a kid, I have never heard anything from the title song artist before. I intend to keep it that way until the song is released.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    Yes, but blaming Lucifer for suicide rates when the world is literally going on fire due to climate changes is kinda stupid.
    Haha!! Thanks for the good laugh, buddy. So you’re one of those. The end is near. We won’t make it till next year because another wildfire lit up California and another hurricane hit Florida. Straight out of Bernie Sanders’ playbook. News flash - there’s always been wildfires in CA and there’s always been hurricanes in FL! Yet no one screamed the sky is falling over these “calamities” just 20 years ago. It’s a modern fad to ignore all other problems and focus on “climate change”. Remember how Al Gore promoted Global Warming until this “truth” became “inconvenient” so they changed it to “climate change”? Don’t worry, in another year or two they’ll think of something else. Maybe turn off the TV and go outside and smell the fresh air instead of listening to the fear mongers whose only goal is to make a buck.

Honest question, why would Lucifer be more plausible than climate changes?
    No one said climate change isn’t plausible. Climate change has been a fact since as far back as we can remember. Climate constantly changes. One winter is super cold, the next one very mild. That’s a fact of life. No reason to create a panic like the end of the world is near because of this. As for Lucifer, as sure as there is evil in the world there is Lucifer.

This is the second time you ignored our request to walk away from this discussion, which we will not be having in any way. Check your PM.
    Well, apparently the other individual keeps this discussion going so why don’t you tell him to “walk away”? Or is it because you agree with his beliefs and not mine so you decided for the rest of the forum that it’s I that should walk away? Sorry, I don’t play that game. Who are you again?
    Actually I had stopped after DarthDimi's warning. But lying to fit your agenda is your way to go.
    Meanwhile you’re still yapping away like a sad little puppy begging for attention. Yes we get it, you have to get the final word in.
    Seriously @ringfire211 shut it.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,157
    Yes, but blaming Lucifer for suicide rates when the world is literally going on fire due to climate changes is kinda stupid.
    Haha!! Thanks for the good laugh, buddy. So you’re one of those. The end is near. We won’t make it till next year because another wildfire lit up California and another hurricane hit Florida. Straight out of Bernie Sanders’ playbook. News flash - there’s always been wildfires in CA and there’s always been hurricanes in FL! Yet no one screamed the sky is falling over these “calamities” just 20 years ago. It’s a modern fad to ignore all other problems and focus on “climate change”. Remember how Al Gore promoted Global Warming until this “truth” became “inconvenient” so they changed it to “climate change”? Don’t worry, in another year or two they’ll think of something else. Maybe turn off the TV and go outside and smell the fresh air instead of listening to the fear mongers whose only goal is to make a buck.

Honest question, why would Lucifer be more plausible than climate changes?
    No one said climate change isn’t plausible. Climate change has been a fact since as far back as we can remember. Climate constantly changes. One winter is super cold, the next one very mild. That’s a fact of life. No reason to create a panic like the end of the world is near because of this. As for Lucifer, as sure as there is evil in the world there is Lucifer.

This is the second time you ignored our request to walk away from this discussion, which we will not be having in any way. Check your PM.
    Well, apparently the other individual keeps this discussion going so why don’t you tell him to “walk away”? Or is it because you agree with his beliefs and not mine so you decided for the rest of the forum that it’s I that should walk away? Sorry, I don’t play that game. Who are you again?
    Actually I had stopped after DarthDimi's warning. But lying to fit your agenda is your way to go.
    Meanwhile you’re still yapping away like a sad little puppy begging for attention. Yes we get it, you have to get the final word in.

Please carry on so you'll get banned and we'll all get rid of you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o84stMkKVCQHzyQqA/giphy.gif
    Hehehehe, this reminds me of when Rihanna opened up about her loving Star Trek because she used to grow up watching it with her father and SO MANY Trek fans just flat out called her a liar, saying that she never Trek in her life.

I don’t get why fans react like this, aside from possibly wanting to justify their resentment for these artists by claiming they don’t actually like it or as @talos7 puts it has “great disdain” for it.

All I have to ask is: what the hell do you even know to make that presumption?

Because some people ooze the aura of a fraud?
This discussion has been closed.