What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The bit is too long but spot on.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm just gonna share this again as I think this is a good idea of how she could sound :)

• edited January 2020 Posts: 5,767
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I'm just gonna share this again as I think this is a good idea of how she could sound :)

Unfortunately I don't find this more assuring.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    boldfinger wrote: »

Unfortunately I don't find this more assuring.

Bad is the word.
    Don't want to sound too negative.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Fuddy duddies!
    When can we expect the theme song to be released?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As someone who had/has an amount of trepidation about Eilish doing the title track, this song is reassuring.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Second half of February I suppose.
    matt_u wrote: »

Thanks! Couldn't remember how close to the release the two previous theme songs were released.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Thanks! Couldn't remember how close to the release the two previous theme songs were released.

WotW came out exactly one month before the London premiere!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

I quite liked that, I'm keeping an open mind on her, with Zimmer involved could be something really special.

Thanks again, then I know when to expect it! :-)

Thanks again, then I know when to expect it! :-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Shardlake wrote: »

I quite liked that, I'm keeping an open mind on her, with Zimmer involved could be something really special.
    I think the thing to keep in mind is that she is a very versatile talent, and even though some remain unconvinced, I believe she has everything and more to be able to pull off a great Bond theme :D
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

I think the thing to keep in mind is that she is a very versatile talent, and even though some remain unconvinced, I believe she has everything and more to be able to pull off a great Bond theme :D

+1 :)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 1,261
    Your line of thinking seems to come down to “I’m old and scared of the the world changing around me”, hence your past comments on SJWs, feminism, etc. so you’re right that I don’t particularly absorb that point of view but I can understand why you’d have it.

So I would be wrong in assuming, that talos is a Brexiteer? :bz :ar! :(|) :o3 ~:> 3:-O :@)
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    edited January 2020 Posts: 754
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Funny, I have the opposite opinion of the group Garbage for TWINE! They should have been left to do their own thing, because the finished theme didn't sound as good as It could have been!
    Garbage came out and broke big and then became a criminally underrated band from their third album on. And 2.0 is one of the best albums of the 90s.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Most likely. With some exceptions, Bond songs always come out just a full month before the film premieres. Looking back, one of the exceptions were "GoldenEye" and "You Know My Name", which didn't get officially released until a week before the film premiered! Though in the case of YKMN that song actually got leaked on the internet in September.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Same here.
    Despite the jazzy vibe, the voice sounds like that of a sixteen-year-old. That by itself is absolutely fine, but in context with a James Bond in his fourties it sounds nothing but creepy, unless there is a strong theme of a father-daughter relationship, the establishment of which by the time the title sequence sets in is highly improbable.

So, I keep trying. I watch all of Billie Eilish´s clips, she gets all my clicks, I even mention her by name. None of that helps me in order to be more foreward-looking toward the new Bond song.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Hans Zimmer Collaborated with Robbie Williams for 'A Man For All Seasons'.....the title track for Johnny English(2003). The film is obviously a Bond Spoof....but the Song shows Zimmer knows when he's in Spy Territory....coz the song is Bondian. So am sure he's going to make Eilish sound Bondian.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Not much faith in Eilish, but heaps of it in Zimmer. The man is talent galore materialised. The song will be good, just hope that Eilish doesn't do the annoying 'close to the mic mumbling'.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    It's good to know, that Boldfinger is not biased regarding Eilish and Zimmer. Not at all. B-) ;)
    That one does sound not that bad.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    We should also give some attention to her brother FINNEAS who she writes and produces with, and will be helping with this Bond theme. Here's some of his solo stuff:

And here's them together peforming a version of one of their earlier songs :)

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited January 2020 Posts: 371
    I don't know why people keep posting that "Bad" cover as some saving grace for her. That version is practically unlistanable. "Ocean Eyes" is fine though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2020 Posts: 5,869
    QQ7 wrote: »
    I don't know why people keep posting that "Bad" cover as some saving grace for her. That version is practically unlistanable. "Ocean Eyes" is fine though.
    Because they find it listenable (like myself).

Again, to me, the potential for her to deliver is there, whether you like certain songs or not.
This discussion has been closed.