No Time to Die production thread

15605615635655661215

Comments

  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Dialogue and action I don’t have a problem with. It’s quite possible if bond was tear arsing around matera Madeleine would ask why and what was going on. It’s a film and each scene should serve the plot and story arc.

    Quite. There isn’t a single scene in Bond where he has a passenger and they don’t converse. Given the context of this chase (and what we know) this is only logical. If it does turn out to be some sort of soap opera on wheels then we can talk on April 2nd, but until then it seems an odd fixation. ‘Bond and girl in vehicular conversation shocker!’
  • Posts: 3,051

    RC7 wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Dialogue and action I don’t have a problem with. It’s quite possible if bond was tear arsing around matera Madeleine would ask why and what was going on. It’s a film and each scene should serve the plot and story arc.

    Quite. There isn’t a single scene in Bond where he has a passenger and they don’t converse
    That's not true. In FYEO Bond and Melina hardly spoke while being chased down the roads in Spain, and in TSWLM the line "you ever get the feeling that somebody dosn't like you?" was the only thing said between Bond and Anya while being chased by Jaws and later the chopper. There are other examples, but you have a point. As long as its logical. Like "turn right here" or "let me take the wheel."
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 1,165
    Zekidk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Dialogue and action I don’t have a problem with. It’s quite possible if bond was tear arsing around matera Madeleine would ask why and what was going on. It’s a film and each scene should serve the plot and story arc.

    Quite. There isn’t a single scene in Bond where he has a passenger and they don’t converse
    That's not true. In FYEO Bond and Melina hardly spoke while being chased down the roads in Spain, and in TSWLM the line "you ever get the feeling that somebody dosn't like you?" was the only thing said between Bond and Anya while being chased by Jaws and later the chopper. There are other examples, but you have a point. As long as its logical. Like "turn right here" or "let me take the wheel."
    Until you've actually seen NTTD, there's no point in complaining about this one dialogue exchange we've seen between Bond and Maddy in a car.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 6,236
    It looks like Bond believes Maddy set him up and it’s obvious he wants answers. I see no problem with this and, for all we know, after he said his line about secrets, they may not utter another word until he drops her off at the station.

    As someone else mentioned, this appears to be quite the sequence with the graveyard attack, jumping off the bridge, at least one fistfight, all with Bond without Madeleine.

    I don’t know why this is even an issue, lol!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg
  • Posts: 154
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 5,728
    peter wrote: »
    It looks like Bond believes Maddy set him up and it’s obvious he wants answers. I see no problem with this and, for all we know, after he said his line about secrets, they may not utter another word until he drops her off at the station.

    As someone else mentioned, this appears to be quite the sequence with the graveyard attack, jumping off the bridge, at least one fistfight, all with Bond without Madeleine.

    I don’t know why this is even an issue, lol!

    People will complain about anything and everything. This is what happens, I think, when there's a lot of time between news releases; everything just gets picked apart ad infinitum.
    Everything about this film looks awesome and I can't wait to see what they give us in April!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.
  • Posts: 5,767
    echo wrote: »
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    That last paragraph is truly a feast for my eyes. Long live Broccoli. Long live the queen.

    Absolutely-- just goes to show, once again, that she-- and her team-- are the best gatekeepers to this franchise (spin-offs would be the norm if one of these huge studios took over. And that would water-down James Bond).

    +1

    Thank you for sharing the Empire article @00Dalton7

    The few things I took from this, Craig saying he "I did most of the movie with a broken leg" when talking about Spectre. Which is crazy, credit to him
    It's interesting that Fukunaga brings up Madeline Swann's mother in the interview. Wonder if that's a part of the story at all?

    Not sure what to make of this quote from the article,
    "Globe spanning plot that will see him, along the way, constantly flanked and outfoxed by a group of strong, powerful women."
    Seems a bit odd to mention Bond being constantly flanked and outfoxed by these ladies. Not sure what to make of it, perhaps it's just good PR by the producers to mention these amazing, beautiful actress's in the film.
    I just hope it doesn't turn into a Scooby gang, sort of thing that dogged Spectre. As I don't believe there is nothing more exciting that Bond alone using him wits to go up against the enemy.

    I do love what Fukunaga said about the action,
    "Hopefully the action is exciting, but it was important that it felt threatening. Rather than thinking about the action before the story, how could the story drive the action"

    This quote has got me massively excited for the action in this film. I feel like Fukunaga really understands that the action has to get your blood pumping but still make you marvel at the technical aspect of it, without taking you out of the film.

    I really do get the feeling Fukunaga is the right man for the job and he really understands what makes a Bond film magic. I can't wait for this film, since the trailer was released the hype train has really done it's job and got me excited for the film.

    The action seems to be very character driven in this movie as we can see in the trailer, where Bond and Swann are arguing DURING the DB5 car chase if all the action scenes are intense emotionally and physically like this it could be really cool.

    (Bond and Madeleine are fighting.)

    Suddenly, a phone call interrupts them. It's Moneypenny.

    Moneypenny: "James! There's a flash sale on Omega watches. 2-for-1!"

    Bond: "Let me see...beautiful. I'll take two."

    Moneypenny: "You never bought me a watch, James." (pouting, she hangs up)

    Bond (to Madeleine): "Now, thanks to Omega, we really have all the time in the world."

    (Back to fighting.)
    Haha, I like that, @echo!
  • Posts: 3,051
    Minion wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Dialogue and action I don’t have a problem with. It’s quite possible if bond was tear arsing around matera Madeleine would ask why and what was going on. It’s a film and each scene should serve the plot and story arc.

    Quite. There isn’t a single scene in Bond where he has a passenger and they don’t converse
    That's not true. In FYEO Bond and Melina hardly spoke while being chased down the roads in Spain, and in TSWLM the line "you ever get the feeling that somebody dosn't like you?" was the only thing said between Bond and Anya while being chased by Jaws and later the chopper. There are other examples, but you have a point. As long as its logical. Like "turn right here" or "let me take the wheel."
    Until you've actually seen NTTD, there's no point in complaining
    Yes, I guess that expressing your worries is not considered comme il faut.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.

    Just noticed that Bond, during the attack at Safin's liar, wears the same white shirt he has during the Toyota wood chase. I believe we are in Russia, Bond fails to protect Madeleine (and the girl?) during the Toyota wood chase and the two get kidnapped and taken by helicopter to Safin's island/liar. Bond get rescued by Nomi with the Superleggera, they team up and break inside Safin's liar. They split for whatever reason (maybe Nomi searches for Madeleine and the girl while Bond goes to kill Safin), Bond gets captured and confronts Safin. Then he's able to free himself, he has blood on his face and doesn't wear the blue jumper. Here some stills from the trailer in a plausible chronological order... you can see Bond's silhouette in the seventh, left to Nomi:
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-070.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-071.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-061.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-027.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-074.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-023.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-026.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-075.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-076.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-084.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-085.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-069.jpg
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,017
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.

    Just noticed that Bond, during the attack at Safin's liar, wears the same white shirt he has during the Toyota wood chase. I believe we are in Russia, Bond fails to protect Madeleine (and the girl?) during the Toyota wood chase and the two get kidnapped and taken by helicopter to Safin's island/liar. Bond get rescued by Nomi with the Superleggera, they team up and break inside Safin's liar. They split for whatever reason (maybe Nomi searches for Madeleine and the girl while Bond goes to kill Safin), Bond gets captured and confronts Safin. Then he's able to free himself, he has blood on his face and doesn't wear the blue jumper. Here some stills from the trailer in a plausible chronological order... you can see Bond's silhouette in the seventh, left to Nomi:
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-070.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-071.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-061.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-027.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-074.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-023.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-026.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-075.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-076.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-084.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-085.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-069.jpg

    @matt_u How do we explain Swann (with walkie talkie) and Nomi (tactical gear/dress) in the rib boat plus on the stony beach together?

    I can repost those pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    Contraband wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.

    Just noticed that Bond, during the attack at Safin's liar, wears the same white shirt he has during the Toyota wood chase. I believe we are in Russia, Bond fails to protect Madeleine (and the girl?) during the Toyota wood chase and the two get kidnapped and taken by helicopter to Safin's island/liar. Bond get rescued by Nomi with the Superleggera, they team up and break inside Safin's liar. They split for whatever reason (maybe Nomi searches for Madeleine and the girl while Bond goes to kill Safin), Bond gets captured and confronts Safin. Then he's able to free himself, he has blood on his face and doesn't wear the blue jumper. Here some stills from the trailer in a plausible chronological order... you can see Bond's silhouette in the seventh, left to Nomi:
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-070.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-071.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-061.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-027.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-074.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-023.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-026.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-075.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-076.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-084.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-085.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-069.jpg

    @matt_u How do we explain Swann (with walkie talkie) and Nomi (tactical gear/dress) in the rib boat plus on the stony beach together?

    I can repost those pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment

    Given how Madeleine seems worried in those scenes, I believe Nomi is able to save the two and perhaps they are escaping the island, maybe without James.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.

    Just noticed that Bond, during the attack at Safin's liar, wears the same white shirt he has during the Toyota wood chase. I believe we are in Russia, Bond fails to protect Madeleine (and the girl?) during the Toyota wood chase and the two get kidnapped and taken by helicopter to Safin's island/liar. Bond get rescued by Nomi with the Superleggera, they team up and break inside Safin's liar. They split for whatever reason (maybe Nomi searches for Madeleine and the girl while Bond goes to kill Safin), Bond gets captured and confronts Safin. Then he's able to free himself, he has blood on his face and doesn't wear the blue jumper. Here some stills from the trailer in a plausible chronological order... you can see Bond's silhouette in the seventh, left to Nomi:
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-070.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-071.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-061.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-027.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-074.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-023.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-026.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-075.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-076.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-084.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-085.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-069.jpg

    @matt_u How do we explain Swann (with walkie talkie) and Nomi (tactical gear/dress) in the rib boat plus on the stony beach together?

    I can repost those pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment

    Given how Madeleine seems worried in those scenes, I believe Nomi is able to save the two and perhaps they are escaping the island, maybe without James.

    Possibly, still Atlantic road is too well known to double for Russia.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.

    Just noticed that Bond, during the attack at Safin's liar, wears the same white shirt he has during the Toyota wood chase. I believe we are in Russia, Bond fails to protect Madeleine (and the girl?) during the Toyota wood chase and the two get kidnapped and taken by helicopter to Safin's island/liar. Bond get rescued by Nomi with the Superleggera, they team up and break inside Safin's liar. They split for whatever reason (maybe Nomi searches for Madeleine and the girl while Bond goes to kill Safin), Bond gets captured and confronts Safin. Then he's able to free himself, he has blood on his face and doesn't wear the blue jumper. Here some stills from the trailer in a plausible chronological order... you can see Bond's silhouette in the seventh, left to Nomi:
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-070.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-071.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-061.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-027.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-074.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-023.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-026.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-075.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-076.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-084.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-085.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-069.jpg

    @matt_u How do we explain Swann (with walkie talkie) and Nomi (tactical gear/dress) in the rib boat plus on the stony beach together?

    I can repost those pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment

    Given how Madeleine seems worried in those scenes, I believe Nomi is able to save the two and perhaps they are escaping the island, maybe without James.

    Possibly, still Atlantic road is too well known to double for Russia.

    In Fallout they took arguably the most famous “outdoor” spot in Norway and pretended was India. In SP they took one of the most famous British palaces and pretended to fit in Rome. So that’s not going to be an issue, especially since the AR is not that “too well known”. It’s not the Colosseum.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,541
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.

    Just noticed that Bond, during the attack at Safin's liar, wears the same white shirt he has during the Toyota wood chase. I believe we are in Russia, Bond fails to protect Madeleine (and the girl?) during the Toyota wood chase and the two get kidnapped and taken by helicopter to Safin's island/liar. Bond get rescued by Nomi with the Superleggera, they team up and break inside Safin's liar. They split for whatever reason (maybe Nomi searches for Madeleine and the girl while Bond goes to kill Safin), Bond gets captured and confronts Safin. Then he's able to free himself, he has blood on his face and doesn't wear the blue jumper. Here some stills from the trailer in a plausible chronological order... you can see Bond's silhouette in the seventh, left to Nomi:
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-070.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-071.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-061.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-027.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-074.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-023.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-026.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-075.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-076.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-084.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-085.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-069.jpg

    @matt_u How do we explain Swann (with walkie talkie) and Nomi (tactical gear/dress) in the rib boat plus on the stony beach together?

    I can repost those pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment

    Given how Madeleine seems worried in those scenes, I believe Nomi is able to save the two and perhaps they are escaping the island, maybe without James.

    Possibly, still Atlantic road is too well known to double for Russia.

    In Fallout they took arguably the most famous “outdoor” spot in Norway and pretended was India. In SP they took one of the most famous British palaces and pretended to fit in Rome. So that’s not going to be an issue, especially since the AR is not that “too well known”. It’s not the Colosseum.

    This is true but SP one was pretty well known imo and it was hard to ignore . I haven't seen Atlantic road before this one so yeah you are right it won't be an issue if it fits well in the film.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    That's the scene that should end the Cuba big action set piece. Empire wrote about a plane and cranes.

    No-Time-to-Die-tr-096.jpg

    You're right @matt_u but I do wonder when this takes place in the film. In the brief 'Q Trailer' Bond tells Q that he needs a plane, however I think this scene takes place in London, post Cuba

    Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe Bond needs a plane by the end of the London scenes in order to reach another place... Norway/Russia... however that explosion scene should be Cuba given what Empire wrote.

    Still confused about Norway/Russia though. Russia seems be more plausible imo.

    Just noticed that Bond, during the attack at Safin's liar, wears the same white shirt he has during the Toyota wood chase. I believe we are in Russia, Bond fails to protect Madeleine (and the girl?) during the Toyota wood chase and the two get kidnapped and taken by helicopter to Safin's island/liar. Bond get rescued by Nomi with the Superleggera, they team up and break inside Safin's liar. They split for whatever reason (maybe Nomi searches for Madeleine and the girl while Bond goes to kill Safin), Bond gets captured and confronts Safin. Then he's able to free himself, he has blood on his face and doesn't wear the blue jumper. Here some stills from the trailer in a plausible chronological order... you can see Bond's silhouette in the seventh, left to Nomi:
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-070.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-071.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-061.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-027.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-074.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-023.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-026.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-075.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-076.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-084.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-085.jpg
    No-Time-to-Die-tr-069.jpg

    @matt_u How do we explain Swann (with walkie talkie) and Nomi (tactical gear/dress) in the rib boat plus on the stony beach together?

    I can repost those pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment

    Given how Madeleine seems worried in those scenes, I believe Nomi is able to save the two and perhaps they are escaping the island, maybe without James.

    Possibly, still Atlantic road is too well known to double for Russia.

    In Fallout they took arguably the most famous “outdoor” spot in Norway and pretended was India. In SP they took one of the most famous British palaces and pretended to fit in Rome. So that’s not going to be an issue, especially since the AR is not that “too well known”. It’s not the Colosseum.

    This is true but SP one was pretty well known imo and it was hard to ignore . I haven't seen Atlantic road before this one so yeah you are right it won't be an issue if it fits well in the film.

    Yeah it was pretty weird.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 15,989
    Norway isn't often used in international films, and when Norway does feature it's mostly just doubling for someplace else – NTTD is likely no different. The brief shot showing the outside of the Soviet radar station in YOLT and some shots in DAD was shot over here.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 1,165
    As unlikely as it probably is, we can’t discount Safin being a Russian villain with an evil base situated in Norway. Mostly, I’m just hopeful Norway will be allowed to be itself.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    Minion wrote: »
    As unlikely as it probably is, we can’t discount Safin being a Russian villain with an evil base situated in Norway. Mostly, I’m just hopeful Norway will be allowed to be itself.

    With Russian graffiti on his liar and an army of RR with Russian plates yeah, sounds quite unlikely...
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    matt_u wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far

    So it's still a rumor. Thought has been confirmed by more sources. Anyway, inhere we already speculated about Safin making a trap to the SPECTRE members in Cuba. Safin's plan for destroying or taking over what's left of the organization could be the real reason why Blofeld is helping MI6.

    Why is Blofelds voice used just before everyone is gassed then?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,219
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far

    So it's still a rumor. Thought has been confirmed by more sources. Anyway, inhere we already speculated about Safin making a trap to the SPECTRE members in Cuba. Safin's plan for destroying or taking over what's left of the organization could be the real reason why Blofeld is helping MI6.

    Why is Blofelds voice used just before everyone is gassed then?

    Perhaps Safin jeopardizes Blofeld's plan to kill Bond, killing his men. Anyway, all this "Blofeld birthday party" situation sounds weird to me, especially since Blofeld is in a super high-security jail. How could be able to even record a message? There must be something more important than the birthday of someone in prison for all the SPECTRE members to meet in a single place.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 10,451
    RC7 wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Dialogue and action I don’t have a problem with. It’s quite possible if bond was tear arsing around matera Madeleine would ask why and what was going on. It’s a film and each scene should serve the plot and story arc.

    Quite. There isn’t a single scene in Bond where he has a passenger and they don’t converse. Given the context of this chase (and what we know) this is only logical. If it does turn out to be some sort of soap opera on wheels then we can talk on April 2nd, but until then it seems an odd fixation. ‘Bond and girl in vehicular conversation shocker!’

    I don’t think he and Vesper talk whilst in the DBS, but weirdly I can’t remember how much of that scene stated in the film! :)
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 4,358
    mtm wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Dialogue and action I don’t have a problem with. It’s quite possible if bond was tear arsing around matera Madeleine would ask why and what was going on. It’s a film and each scene should serve the plot and story arc.

    Quite. There isn’t a single scene in Bond where he has a passenger and they don’t converse. Given the context of this chase (and what we know) this is only logical. If it does turn out to be some sort of soap opera on wheels then we can talk on April 2nd, but until then it seems an odd fixation. ‘Bond and girl in vehicular conversation shocker!’

    I don’t think he and Vesper talk whilst in the DBS, but weirdly I can’t remember how much of that scene stated in the film! :)

    Spectre meets Marriage Story

    37b560454b76ea16d6319a8b3113ac14fd558406.gifv

  • DrinmanDrinman New York
    Posts: 40
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far

    So it's still a rumor. Thought has been confirmed by more sources. Anyway, inhere we already speculated about Safin making a trap to the SPECTRE members in Cuba. Safin's plan for destroying or taking over what's left of the organization could be the real reason why Blofeld is helping MI6.

    Why is Blofelds voice used just before everyone is gassed then?

    Could be that it's a doctored audio of Blofelds voice created by Safin in order for the members who survive the gassing to spread the news that Blofeld has betrayed Spectre.
  • The_Bleeding_HeartThe_Bleeding_Heart Oakland, CA
    Posts: 34
    Drinman wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far

    So it's still a rumor. Thought has been confirmed by more sources. Anyway, inhere we already speculated about Safin making a trap to the SPECTRE members in Cuba. Safin's plan for destroying or taking over what's left of the organization could be the real reason why Blofeld is helping MI6.

    Why is Blofelds voice used just before everyone is gassed then?

    Could be that it's a doctored audio of Blofelds voice created by Safin in order for the members who survive the gassing to spread the news that Blofeld has betrayed Spectre.

    That sounds so convoluted, to be honest... If there's indeed to be some infighting between Safin and Blofeld, I'm almost certain I'm not going to dig it. At all. Just takes away the focus from Bond, in my view.
  • Posts: 1,359
    RC7 wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I don’t mind seeing the DB5 at all. It’s James Bond’s car- why not use it?

    It’s lazy. I can deal with it but much like the aforementioned Falcon it’s essentially a crutch. The AM thing has become silly now and isn’t at all exciting. The joy of growing up on the Sean/Rog/Tim films is that they were always switching up the vehicles. The positive of NTTD is that they’re at least going balls out with it.

    Never cared for their switching up autos and always though the DB5 should be present because it is Bond's iconic car. Lotus Esprit not withstanding because of it's underwater ability.

    Which films did you grow up on?

    The premiere of Goldfinger in '64 was my first. Yes, I'm biased Boomer.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 1,390
    I wonder if we will see Bond smoke that cigar in Jamaica or whether that was just smoking off set?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I wonder if we will see Bond smoke that cigar in Jamaica or whether that was just smoking off set?

    I think it's in the film not off set. At least that's what I am hoping.
Sign In or Register to comment.