No Time to Die production thread

15595605625645651208

Comments

  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited December 2019 Posts: 972
    So someone does wear the nato strap variant of the watch in the film.. Standard issue for double-0 agents.

    49282661253_76317f26fc_b.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,011
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I am on my way to the internet to express my disgust!
    Here's a good one from last week:

    http://www.platformmagazine.co.uk/culture-and-entertainment/opening-old-wounds-disabled-bond-villains-stuck-in-the-past/

    "Opening old wounds: Disabled Bond villains stuck in the past?
    this latest trailer shows that Bond may well be stuck in a past while the rest of the industry wishes to move on (...) surely a villain without some sort of disability should be a blindingly obvious move for the franchise to make. Maybe the next villain can just sport a dodgy haircut"


    ...or be.... normal? A regular PC guy (or woman)? No smoking, drinking, swearing, scars, walking sticks, eyepatches, sitting in a wheelchair and all that stuff, while he (or she) is underway with his (or her) master plan to kill thousands or even millions.

    I was waiting for this to come up. Wasn’t it a couple of years ago that a British film organization vow not to fund films that featured villains with scars and other perceived disabilities?

    Here ya go.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2018/11/british-film-institute-not-fund-movies-facial-scars-villains-1202024278/amp/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I am on my way to the internet to express my disgust!
    Here's a good one from last week:

    http://www.platformmagazine.co.uk/culture-and-entertainment/opening-old-wounds-disabled-bond-villains-stuck-in-the-past/

    "Opening old wounds: Disabled Bond villains stuck in the past?
    this latest trailer shows that Bond may well be stuck in a past while the rest of the industry wishes to move on (...) surely a villain without some sort of disability should be a blindingly obvious move for the franchise to make. Maybe the next villain can just sport a dodgy haircut"


    ...or be.... normal? A regular PC guy (or woman)? No smoking, drinking, swearing, scars, walking sticks, eyepatches, sitting in a wheelchair and all that stuff, while he (or she) is underway with his (or her) master plan to kill thousands or even millions.

    Why is it always Bond that gets these complaints?
    star-wars-9-rise-of-skywalker-kylo-ren-meets-palpatine-scene-cli-1199636-1280x0.jpeg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 13,123
    "Normal" is the 21st Century villainy. Finally.

  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    imranbecks wrote: »
    So someone does wear the nato strap variant of the watch in the film.. Standard issue for double-0 agents.

    49282661253_76317f26fc_b.jpg

    Good catch!
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512
    talos7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I am on my way to the internet to express my disgust!
    Here's a good one from last week:

    http://www.platformmagazine.co.uk/culture-and-entertainment/opening-old-wounds-disabled-bond-villains-stuck-in-the-past/

    "Opening old wounds: Disabled Bond villains stuck in the past?
    this latest trailer shows that Bond may well be stuck in a past while the rest of the industry wishes to move on (...) surely a villain without some sort of disability should be a blindingly obvious move for the franchise to make. Maybe the next villain can just sport a dodgy haircut"


    ...or be.... normal? A regular PC guy (or woman)? No smoking, drinking, swearing, scars, walking sticks, eyepatches, sitting in a wheelchair and all that stuff, while he (or she) is underway with his (or her) master plan to kill thousands or even millions.

    I was waiting for this to come up. Wasn’t it a couple of years ago that a British film organization vow not to fund films that featured villains with scars and other perceived disabilities?

    Here ya go.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2018/11/british-film-institute-not-fund-movies-facial-scars-villains-1202024278/amp/

    I remember this and I was immediately reminded of it with the rumours of Malek’s appearance. For me this is evidence that EON are navigating the modern landscape with skill, dropping in a few ideas here and there to keep it fresh without sacrificing what is quintessentially Bond - a truly ‘unusual’ villain.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 1,165
    Any idea where to find the pdf for the Empire issue?
    This I would also like to know.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    She asks a question. He replies. The rest of what we’ve seen doesn’t show them having any “conversation” at all. Although what we have heard adds to the tension of the scenes (between them and who these hit men may be).
    Yes, you are probably right. It could be a very short conversation. But if I personally want to "feel" danger, it would be of images of Bond and Madeleine scared to death while escaping. I have always found arguing with your ally while trying to escape to save your life, kind of stupid.

    You're probably not married.

    Anyway, it's probably just a line or two to establish that Bond and Madeleine are in the car, so we unconsciously take their presence as driver and passenger for granted during the chase.

    @Univex Thank you Sir, now this 26 year old is even more scared of getting married, like there wasn't enough reasons :))
  • Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    She asks a question. He replies. The rest of what we’ve seen doesn’t show them having any “conversation” at all. Although what we have heard adds to the tension of the scenes (between them and who these hit men may be).
    Yes, you are probably right. It could be a very short conversation. But if I personally want to "feel" danger, it would be of images of Bond and Madeleine scared to death while escaping. I have always found arguing with your ally while trying to escape to save your life, kind of stupid.

    You're probably not married.

    Anyway, it's probably just a line or two to establish that Bond and Madeleine are in the car, so we unconsciously take their presence as driver and passenger for granted during the chase.

    @Univex Thank you Sir, now this 26 year old is even more scared of getting married, like there wasn't enough reasons :))

    You just need to choose carefully. My wife and I have been under gunfire exactly once and I'm happy to say she was cool as milk.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    You are right. We shouldn't speculate. Let's keep this 561-pages thread limited to news and facts only.

    The two of them being together just for the last part of the chase is basically a fact.
    A fact is that many times traliers contain shots that aren't in the finished movie. Endgame even had at least one shot that was allegedly in the trailer in order to keep the audience in the dark, so it was never even planned to be in the film.


    @Resurrection, go for it, marriage is the best thing a man can do IMO. You definitely should choose wisely, but then it will lift your life to a level you can't reach all alone :-).
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    HO HO HO!! Late Christmas present for you all:

    Empire Magazine Febr 2020 issue

    https://www.docdroid.net/XnZqWbi/empire-febr-2020-no-time-to-die.pdf

  • Posts: 313
    Many thanks! :D
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677
    octofinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    She asks a question. He replies. The rest of what we’ve seen doesn’t show them having any “conversation” at all. Although what we have heard adds to the tension of the scenes (between them and who these hit men may be).
    Yes, you are probably right. It could be a very short conversation. But if I personally want to "feel" danger, it would be of images of Bond and Madeleine scared to death while escaping. I have always found arguing with your ally while trying to escape to save your life, kind of stupid.

    You're probably not married.

    Anyway, it's probably just a line or two to establish that Bond and Madeleine are in the car, so we unconsciously take their presence as driver and passenger for granted during the chase.

    @Univex Thank you Sir, now this 26 year old is even more scared of getting married, like there wasn't enough reasons :))

    You just need to choose carefully. My wife and I have been under gunfire exactly once and I'm happy to say she was cool as milk.

    To tell you the truth my wife would probably attack the perps, Jennifer Garner style, as I sip on my martini.

    To everyone who got spooked, nah, marriage is a bliss, specially if you choose a beautiful, Rachel Weisz-lookalike, do-it-all smart-arse loyal and intelligent mental health professional as a wife. If Bond couldn't handle that, I sure can ;)
  • Posts: 309
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I am on my way to the internet to express my disgust!
    Here's a good one from last week:

    http://www.platformmagazine.co.uk/culture-and-entertainment/opening-old-wounds-disabled-bond-villains-stuck-in-the-past/

    "Opening old wounds: Disabled Bond villains stuck in the past?
    this latest trailer shows that Bond may well be stuck in a past while the rest of the industry wishes to move on (...) surely a villain without some sort of disability should be a blindingly obvious move for the franchise to make. Maybe the next villain can just sport a dodgy haircut"


    ...or be.... normal? A regular PC guy (or woman)? No smoking, drinking, swearing, scars, walking sticks, eyepatches, sitting in a wheelchair and all that stuff, while he (or she) is underway with his (or her) master plan to kill thousands or even millions.

    Given some of the fan speculation, I definitely think that Safin’s facial scarring is connected to the villain’s scheme.

    Safin’s scarring looks much worse in the ice lake scenes than those set in his lair. This (along with other speculation) leads me to believe that the scarring serves a deeper purpose than just making Safin look evil.

  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    jake24 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @jake24

    I am only using facts that we know about. With all the different cameras and angles and cameravehicles used, I am almost certain that this will be better shot and likely better paced than SP, however.
    I see no point in making assumptions based on a few seconds of footage. We have no clue how that conversation will unfold. I suggest waiting for the movie before stressing for no reason.

    95% of NTTD's "news" has been based on assumptions, speculation and stress.

    Which is why I don't post that much anymore in this section.

    @Zekidk Grow up. =;
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.
  • Posts: 3,164
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Posts: 3,497
    Wait, why are we talking about a "Blofeld birthday party"?

    Is Safin connected to Spectre?

    Is there proof?

  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 1,165
    Contraband wrote: »
    HO HO HO!! Late Christmas present for you all:

    Empire Magazine Febr 2020 issue

    https://www.docdroid.net/XnZqWbi/empire-febr-2020-no-time-to-die.pdf

    Thanks, Santa! :D
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far

    So it's still a rumor. Thought has been confirmed by more sources. Anyway, inhere we already speculated about Safin making a trap to the SPECTRE members in Cuba. Safin's plan for destroying or taking over what's left of the organization could be the real reason why Blofeld is helping MI6.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Posts: 3,497
    matt_u wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far

    So it's still a rumor. Thought has been confirmed by more sources. Anyway, inhere we already speculated about Safin making a trap to the SPECTRE members in Cuba. Safin's plan for destroying or taking over what's left of the organization could be the real reason why Blofeld is helping MI6.

    What "sources"?

  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Why no one is discussing the fact that, in an alternative trailer attached in some countries, Blofeld says (presumably to Bond) the "now we share the same enemy" line?

    Those London scenes take place right after Cuba. In Cuba there's a "Blofeld birthday party" in the hotel and all SPECTRE members are there. Given that Blofeld new line and since we saw all those people collapsing in the trailer, this sounds like a strong indication that this "party" is indeed a trap settled by Safin in order to get rid of all the most prominent figures of the organization.

    Party because aside from that one guy from France no one else has seen it...been trying to find more and nothing so far

    So it's still a rumor. Thought has been confirmed by more sources. Anyway, inhere we already speculated about Safin making a trap to the SPECTRE members in Cuba. Safin's plan for destroying or taking over what's left of the organization could be the real reason why Blofeld is helping MI6.

    What "sources"?

    People who have seen this alternative trailer in the theaters.
  • Posts: 154
    One thing I am curious about is the shot of the plane/explosion in the trailer. Did anyone establish at what point that happens in the movie? I assumed this was to happen in either Cuba or Jamaica.

    However, in the short Q trailer where Bond says to Q that he needs a plane, takes place in London, after Cuba (I believe) so I'm quite intrigued to see where that scene pops up!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    octofinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    She asks a question. He replies. The rest of what we’ve seen doesn’t show them having any “conversation” at all. Although what we have heard adds to the tension of the scenes (between them and who these hit men may be).
    Yes, you are probably right. It could be a very short conversation. But if I personally want to "feel" danger, it would be of images of Bond and Madeleine scared to death while escaping. I have always found arguing with your ally while trying to escape to save your life, kind of stupid.

    You're probably not married.

    Anyway, it's probably just a line or two to establish that Bond and Madeleine are in the car, so we unconsciously take their presence as driver and passenger for granted during the chase.

    @Univex Thank you Sir, now this 26 year old is even more scared of getting married, like there wasn't enough reasons :))

    You just need to choose carefully. My wife and I have been under gunfire exactly once and I'm happy to say she was cool as milk.

    True, i always look to my parents for inspiration, they celebrated 30 years together this year.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    You are right. We shouldn't speculate. Let's keep this 561-pages thread limited to news and facts only.

    The two of them being together just for the last part of the chase is basically a fact.
    A fact is that many times traliers contain shots that aren't in the finished movie. Endgame even had at least one shot that was allegedly in the trailer in order to keep the audience in the dark, so it was never even planned to be in the film.


    @Resurrection, go for it, marriage is the best thing a man can do IMO. You definitely should choose wisely, but then it will lift your life to a level you can't reach all alone :-).

    Thank you I definitely should choose wisely considering how times have changed.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    My marriage lasted 10 months.

    Sorry to hear that. Hope you are doing well. That is what fear too as well to be honest.
    Univex wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    She asks a question. He replies. The rest of what we’ve seen doesn’t show them having any “conversation” at all. Although what we have heard adds to the tension of the scenes (between them and who these hit men may be).
    Yes, you are probably right. It could be a very short conversation. But if I personally want to "feel" danger, it would be of images of Bond and Madeleine scared to death while escaping. I have always found arguing with your ally while trying to escape to save your life, kind of stupid.

    You're probably not married.

    Anyway, it's probably just a line or two to establish that Bond and Madeleine are in the car, so we unconsciously take their presence as driver and passenger for granted during the chase.

    @Univex Thank you Sir, now this 26 year old is even more scared of getting married, like there wasn't enough reasons :))

    You just need to choose carefully. My wife and I have been under gunfire exactly once and I'm happy to say she was cool as milk.

    To tell you the truth my wife would probably attack the perps, Jennifer Garner style, as I sip on my martini.

    To everyone who got spooked, nah, marriage is a bliss, specially if you choose a beautiful, Rachel Weisz-lookalike, do-it-all smart-arse loyal and intelligent mental health professional as a wife. If Bond couldn't handle that, I sure can ;)

    Not spooked just trying to be careful ;)
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,169
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @jake24

    I am only using facts that we know about. With all the different cameras and angles and cameravehicles used, I am almost certain that this will be better shot and likely better paced than SP, however.
    I see no point in making assumptions based on a few seconds of footage. We have no clue how that conversation will unfold. I suggest waiting for the movie before stressing for no reason.

    95% of NTTD's "news" has been based on assumptions, speculation and stress.
    Which is why I don't post that much anymore in this section.
    @Zekidk Grow up. =;

    Hence 95% need to grow up. Okay, old guy :-)
    now this 26 year old is even more scared of getting married
    Just don't do Connery Bond and avoid Rosa Klebb types, and you'll be fine ;-)
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767

    Thank you I definitely should choose wisely considering how times have changed.
    @Resurrection, times sure have changed and will keeo doing so, but I dare say the importance of chosing wisely has always been there and will always be there ;-).
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    antovolk wrote: »
    One of the Empire stills confirms that Safin’s lair is definitely in Russia. A ‘Запретная Зона’ sign is behind Craig...

    According to Google translate:

    "Restricted area"
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Zekidk wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @jake24

    I am only using facts that we know about. With all the different cameras and angles and cameravehicles used, I am almost certain that this will be better shot and likely better paced than SP, however.
    I see no point in making assumptions based on a few seconds of footage. We have no clue how that conversation will unfold. I suggest waiting for the movie before stressing for no reason.

    95% of NTTD's "news" has been based on assumptions, speculation and stress.
    Which is why I don't post that much anymore in this section.
    @Zekidk Grow up. =;

    Hence 95% need to grow up. Okay, old guy :-)
    now this 26 year old is even more scared of getting married
    Just don't do Connery Bond and avoid Rosa Klebb types, and you'll be fine ;-)

    It's hard to resist Rosa
    bts04.jpg
    1.jpg
    boldfinger wrote: »

    Thank you I definitely should choose wisely considering how times have changed.
    @Resurrection, times sure have changed and will keeo doing so, but I dare say the importance of chosing wisely has always been there and will always be there ;-).

    @boldfinger sure thing. I'll remember that :)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Posts: 6,002
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    That last paragraph is truly a feast for my eyes. Long live Broccoli. Long live the queen.

    Absolutely-- just goes to show, once again, that she-- and her team-- are the best gatekeepers to this franchise (spin-offs would be the norm if one of these huge studios took over. And that would water-down James Bond).

    +1

    Thank you for sharing the Empire article @00Dalton7

    The few things I took from this, Craig saying he "I did most of the movie with a broken leg" when talking about Spectre. Which is crazy, credit to him
    It's interesting that Fukunaga brings up Madeline Swann's mother in the interview. Wonder if that's a part of the story at all?

    Not sure what to make of this quote from the article,
    "Globe spanning plot that will see him, along the way, constantly flanked and outfoxed by a group of strong, powerful women."
    Seems a bit odd to mention Bond being constantly flanked and outfoxed by these ladies. Not sure what to make of it, perhaps it's just good PR by the producers to mention these amazing, beautiful actress's in the film.
    I just hope it doesn't turn into a Scooby gang, sort of thing that dogged Spectre. As I don't believe there is nothing more exciting that Bond alone using him wits to go up against the enemy.

    I do love what Fukunaga said about the action,
    "Hopefully the action is exciting, but it was important that it felt threatening. Rather than thinking about the action before the story, how could the story drive the action"

    This quote has got me massively excited for the action in this film. I feel like Fukunaga really understands that the action has to get your blood pumping but still make you marvel at the technical aspect of it, without taking you out of the film.

    I really do get the feeling Fukunaga is the right man for the job and he really understands what makes a Bond film magic. I can't wait for this film, since the trailer was released the hype train has really done it's job and got me excited for the film.

    The action seems to be very character driven in this movie as we can see in the trailer, where Bond and Swann are arguing DURING the DB5 car chase if all the action scenes are intense emotionally and physically like this it could be really cool.

    (Bond and Madeleine are fighting.)

    Suddenly, a phone call interrupts them. It's Moneypenny.

    Moneypenny: "James! There's a flash sale on Omega watches. 2-for-1!"

    Bond: "Let me see...beautiful. I'll take two."

    Moneypenny: "You never bought me a watch, James." (pouting, she hangs up)

    Bond (to Madeleine): "Now, thanks to Omega, we really have all the time in the world."

    (Back to fighting.)
  • Posts: 1,314
    Dialogue and action I don’t have a problem with. It’s quite possible if bond was tear arsing around matera Madeleine would ask why and what was going on. It’s a film and each scene should serve the plot and story arc.

Sign In or Register to comment.