No Time to Die production thread

Comments

007Blofeld wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Seems like malek is a stay at home villian. I doubt he goes anywhere other than Norway.

If he is a stay at home villain who is in the mask behind q's window?

I think that’s in the Norway cabin and the glass is a coincidence.

You can see safin is in winter clothing Plus there’s no reason for safin to be in London dressed like that.

I don’t think bond and safin meet until the scene in the trailer where bond mentions playing god.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I think your right, @Tuck91. Not to draw another Dr. No comparison, but I feel Safin may be a third-act villain. His presence felt, but not seen until nearer to the end. Luckily, based on the length of Craig’s films, that still gives him a solid 40-60 minutes of potential screen time.
    Minion wrote: »
    I think your right, @Tuck91. Not to draw another Dr. No comparison, but I feel Safin may be a third-act villain. His presence felt, but not seen until nearer to the end. Luckily, based on the length of Craig’s films, that still gives him a solid 40-60 minutes of potential screen time.

I suspect something sort of similar to Blofeld in SP - a scene or two in the first two acts, but most screentime just in the third act. 40+ minutes is fine with me so long as it's used well. Dr. No barely had any screentime but it was used so perfectly it didn't matter. The buildup and execution was perfect. Safin / Rami Malek is one of the aspects I'm most confident in going into NTTD.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Imagine a Craig film where the third act is the best part.

Imagine a Bond film where the 3rd act is the best part.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Getafix wrote: »

:))

DN, YOLT, OHMSS, TMWTGG, LTK, and GE are a few that arguably qualify IMO.
    Does anyone know how much screentime Safin will have.
    Three scenes. One where he is wearing a mask in the PTS, the second where he is re-introduced in the 3rd act and lays out his evil plans in front of the captured hero, like villains usually do in the movies. And the third where he dies almost immediately after because Bond has a lot of experience with talkative villains who hesitate pulling the trigger.
  • Thanks everyone. Good responses, it’s nice to see a good response. It seems like a few of you have the knowledge so I have another one I’ve been speculating on. Does anyone think we will see Safin unmask? I.e. remove the mask onscreen? And why the use of masks. Is there a symbolic reason for it? I can’t get enough of Safin or of speculating about him. He is already at #1 on my villain ranking and I haven’t even see the movie yet, heh heh :)
    Thanks everyone. Good responses, it’s nice to see a good response. It seems like a few of you have the knowledge so I have another one I’ve been speculating on. Does anyone think we will see Safin unmask? I.e. remove the mask onscreen? And why the use of masks. Is there a symbolic reason for it? I can’t get enough of Safin or of speculating about him. He is already at #1 on my villain ranking and I haven’t even see the movie yet, heh heh :)

If we imagine that the facials scars is something he's carried with him for years, maybe the use of masks is (or were) there to hide them.
  • M_Balje wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    New stills posted by a camera crew member

MuG3rdN.jpg

1. All are happy that it finished with a good feeling.
    2. Girls are happy with the man who protect them.
    3. The man are very happy with the two girls
    for the coffee
    :\"> ~O) .

I know i usually don't understand you, but . . .
    wtf?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    New stills posted by a camera crew member

MuG3rdN.jpg

1. All are happy that it finished with a good feeling.
    2. Girls are happy with the man who protect them.
    3. The man are very happy with the two girls
    for the coffee
    :\"> ~O)

What energy. I know feeling when you have those limited nice days that work be very productional for everyone and laugh on faces. Tired day but on good way. Full of adreline. Or on holiday out on your comfortzone.

What kind of work do you do, @M_Balje ? Is it film related?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Maybe Malek is Blofeld all along that would be a twist but I doubt it.
  • hdmediazonehdmediazone Bangladesh
    Bond has left active service. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.
  • hdmediazonehdmediazone Bangladesh
    Bond has left active service. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.
    https://hdmediazone.com/action/no-time-to-die-2020/
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    https://hdmediazone.com/action/no-time-to-die-2020/

giphy.gif
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526
    FoxRox wrote: »

I agree with this list for sure! FYEO maybe as well?

I stand by my original point of Craig's films specifically not having a third act in sight.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I think AVTAK should count as well, because it sure ain’t the rest of the film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I stand by my original point of Craig's films specifically not having a third act in sight.

Only SP failed. CR's third act was culled straight from Fleming; both QoS and SF had satisfactory, isolated, duels with the villain, followed by a reflective denouement. There is little to complain about, as fas as I see.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Seems like malek is a stay at home villian. I doubt he goes anywhere other than Norway.

If he is a stay at home villain who is in the mask behind q's window?

I think that’s in the Norway cabin and the glass is a coincidence.

You can see safin is in winter clothing Plus there’s no reason for safin to be in London dressed like that.

I don’t think bond and safin meet until the scene in the trailer where bond mentions playing god.

Another hypothesis @Tuck91 : they might have been using parts of the same props for both places.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,951
    TripAces wrote: »

Only SP failed. CR's third act was culled straight from Fleming; both QoS and SF had satisfactory, isolated, duels with the villain, followed by a reflective denouement. There is little to complain about, as fas as I see.

I do remember watching CR for the first time and the sinking house bit starting and thinking ‘we don’t need an action scene here- the plot is actually working better than the producers realise’. I think they lost confidence a bit and thought they needed a Bond action scene because it had been a long time without any action, when the audience actually just wanted to see how Bond would react to Vesper when he found her.
    Skyfall actually feels much more confident on that front: there’s barely any action it and you don’t miss it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    TripAces wrote: »

I agree that CR, QoS and SF all had strong third acts but admittedly OP was talking about the third act being the best part of the movie. As much as I love all three third acts neither of them is the best part of the movie (for me).
    Skyfall has the strongest third act.

The rest are weak especially Spectre.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Skyfall has the strongest third act.

The rest are weak especially Spectre.

Actually yes, Skyfalls third act is pretty great, but to me it doesn’t hold a candle to it’s first act. Largely because the first act was so great.
    QOS as well, I must admit. CRs third act feels tacked on (and I don’t see how it’s straight from Fleming), and I get bored with it, and Spectres third act... well...
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I’d say the only weak part of SF is the third act. It loses me with everything that happens in Scotland (though that scene on the ice is great). It does come back with an standing denouement.
    I enjoy QOS’s third act.
    CR is certainly one of my favorite Bond films, but the third act is a bit bloated with the non-Fleming additions.
    I dislike the entirety of SP, yet the third act seems to go beyond the rest in disappointing me.

Wholeheartedly agree here, except I suspect I enjoy Spectre more than you ;)
    For Craig’s final acts:

CR’s is very good, but not better than the first two-thirds of the film. I personally like the action-based change from the novel for the sake of the movie; each ending works for each version. The very last scene is awesome.

QOS’s is also very good, but I’m not sure if it’s the film’s strongest part or not. QOS is consistently good IMO.

SF’s probably is my favorite part, but I admit I’m probably in the minority there. I love almost all of SF too.

SP’s is very weak.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,280
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I’d say the only weak part of SF is the third act. It loses me with everything that happens in Scotland (though that scene on the ice is great). It does come back with an standing denouement.
    I enjoy QOS’s third act.
    CR is certainly one of my favorite Bond films, but the third act is a bit bloated with the non-Fleming additions.
    I dislike the entirety of SP, yet the third act seems to go beyond the rest in disappointing me.

Agree with most of this, with the exception of CR being a favourite and that SF didn't do it for me in any acts of the film.

I sure wonder how NTTD will compare to Craig's previous four.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 928
    I was playing around in my head on the possible order of scenes and who will appear when. The screentimes of key players can be speculated based on the rough chronology of scenes.

0-10 min: Norway PTS - Safin, young Madeleine
    10-15 min: Titles
    15-30 min: Italy flashback - Bond, Madeleine, Primo
    30-35 min: Porton Down/London current day - Nomi, Waldo?, Primo?, M?, Moneypenny?
    35-45 min: Jamaica - Bond, Felix, Ash, Nomi
    45-80 min: Cuba - Bond, Nomi, Paloma, Waldo, Primo, Felix?, Ash?, Safin?
    80-95 min: London - Bond, Nomi, M, Q, Moneypenny, Tanner, Blofeld, Madeleine
    95-130 min: Russia climax - Bond, Nomi, Madeleine, Safin
    130-135 min: London/Jamaica denouement - Bond, M, Madeleine?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    For Craig’s final acts:

CR’s is very good, but not better than the first two-thirds of the film. I personally like the action-based change from the novel for the sake of the movie; each ending works for each version. The very last scene is awesome.

QOS’s is also very good, but I’m not sure if it’s the film’s strongest part or not. QOS is consistently good IMO.

SF’s probably is my favorite part, but I admit I’m probably in the minority there. I love almost all of SF too.

SP’s is very weak.

+1, apart from SF I enjoy all of DC's third acts, CR's I have always loved and don't agree they should have gone down the same route as the novel and the Venice sinking house sequence is incredibly inventive and thrilling, much better than the Miami segment, infinitely in fact.

That final moment with White is one of the best sign offs of the series.

QOS is fantastic, drips with danger and suspense and the closing bit in Russia with Bond confronting Vesper's boyfriend is terrific as well as the final bit with M.

SF love the Scotland finale and seeing it with a live orchestra last Sunday confirmed that even more. My only issues with that film are Silva's scheme and some of the dumb dialogue that Q mutters in the scene where Silva escapes, yes it is very similar to the Joker in TDK but the rest of the film and Bond accepting his next mission from M as well is brilliant, a pity the next film couldn't of continued as this implied.

SP The crater base and the London finale is dreadful and Bond and Swann in the car is embarrassing, only poor third act of the era for me.
    I was playing around in my head on the possible order of scenes and who will appear when. The screentimes of key players can be speculated based on the rough chronology of scenes.

0-10 min: Norway PTS - Safin, young Madeleine
    10-15 min: Titles
    15-30 min: Italy flashback - Bond, Madeleine, Primo
    30-35 min: Porton Down/London current day - Nomi, Waldo?, Primo?, M?, Moneypenny?
    35-45 min: Jamaica - Bond, Felix, Ash, Nomi
    45-80 min: Cuba - Bond, Nomi, Paloma, Primo, Felix?, Ash?, Safin?
    80-95 min: London - Bond, Nomi, M, Q, Moneypenny, Tanner, Blofeld, Madeleine
    95-130 min: Russia climax - Bond, Nomi, Madeleine, Safin
    130-135 min: London/Jamaica denouement - Bond, M, Madeleine?

David Dencik (Waldo) also shot scenes in Jamaica.