NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    About the Pfeifer brothers, since they crafted this grand piece of music for the teaser, the best thing about QoS was this trailer. Especially the music. It's so good yet they never released it to the public. Anyway, those guys are talented.

I never noticed before that the "how long have we got?" "thirty seconds" exchange happens just over thirty seconds before the end of the trailer :)
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Do you think we’ll get a BBFC rating Tuesday? Indicate the length of trailer 1 (2 mins fingers crossed) 🍸
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    About the Pfeifer brothers, since they crafted this grand piece of music for the teaser, the best thing about QoS was this trailer. Especially the music. It's so good yet they never released it to the public. Anyway, those guys are talented.

Really? This is the teaser trailer I remember seeing in the summer of 2008. I distinctly recall it playing in theaters for THE DARK KNIGHT.
    Univex wrote: »
    I thought Craig looked better than he ever did. Age suits him. Hell, I now want him to do a sixth. Grey haired and all.

This...but actually with Brosnan.

I'd love a one-off Bond movie with Brosnan portraying old Bond in the style of "Logan"
    When does the trailer dorp? 12/13 hours from now?

I think until we get the trailer we don't know what we're in for.

But since I want to pointleslly ramble and waste my time...

I think this is a movie which will be not the best story or character wise, but it will be saved by great directing and cinematography.

The decision to continue dirrectly from SPECTRE will hold this movie back.

But yeah, can't wait for the trailer, I really want to get the vibe of the movie from it, in the past the Craig Bond trailers were great. You get the vibe and gist of the movie without revealing anything and making you hyped.

I expect to see more of Ana, Nomi and Malek in the trailer, just to enough to see what we can expect from them.

bondsum wrote: »
    Not a lot to glean from a 15 second teaser for a teaser. Not sure what the point of a teaser for a teaser is? What are MGM hoping to achieve with this? Why not just drop the actual bloody teaser in its entirety? Other than that, I love the mini-guns in the headlights. That's really the only thing that has stayed with me after watching it.

This is not MGM.

It's the norm with trailers these days.

Trailers for trailers.

Don't be surprised if the first 5 seconds of the actual trailer are actually "trailer" for the upcoming trailer (that's how traielrs are these days)

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mtm wrote: »

I never noticed before that the "how long have we got?" "thirty seconds" exchange happens just over thirty seconds before the end of the trailer :)

Hah that's amazing, good catch! This was a great trailer. Maybe I'll watch the whole Craig era leading up to the trailer on Wednesday... then again leading up to the film?
    Excitement is running very high!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Getafix wrote: »
    The image has more of a horror vibe

That frame gave me a Dario Argento vibe.
  • My prediction is we will see one shot of Malek without his mask. And maybe some voiceover similar to "author of all your pain". They need to show his face to garner some hype that he is in this film.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I won't predict anything other than the Craig haters (one of them, right about now), are (is) pooping themselves (himself)...

After seeing 15 seconds they grasp onto their desperation-- uh, yah, the women have over shadowed Bond, CAN'T YOU SEE?????...-- but--

Their usual audience is no longer listening since that is now a paper-tiger argument; that trailer was all about Bond in 15 seconds: Opened with him. The middle bike stunt was him. The closing was him.

Now those same haters (one), scurry under a rock. Perhaps the 2 minute trailer will show MORE of these women and they can exclaim, with all neurosis intact: see, see, SEEEEEE! WOMEN ARE THE LEADS!!!! BOND HAS BEEN OVERSHADOWED TO BE NO MORE. NO. MORE!!!!!!!! But, seriously--

No more gaslighting; this "fan"-- and his departed guru-- will now have to live by the material that EoN has put together.

The first 15 seconds has been the most promising in a very long time. And they (him/they) can't stand it.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Glad to see the trailer getting closer and closer to a million views. Should reach it by the time the full trailer is released :)
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 490
    Re: the brief shot of Safin, I am going to guess that:
    The undamaged white mask he appears to be wearing in the teaser vs. the set photos from the lake where the corner of the mask is missing means that he sustains a facial injury in that scene and will be disfigured. We've seen posts presumably showing off the amazing work of the prosthetics team for this film.

Also, in those photos, Rami's stunt double appears to have scars or burns on his face and does not seem to in real life.

Damn there is so much to chew on here. Very excited for this film.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 727
    I wonder if Safin is actually a Blofeld who bathed in the Lazarus Pit and rearranged his visage.

It's time to introduce the occult and mysticism to the Craig arc.
    I agree. A bit of campy weirdness and trippy oddness never went amiss in a Bond film.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Day 1, does that mean that the cast & Cary gonna do interviews with media today and then GMA tomorrow?

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    When it was reported that MGM would immediately begin marketing for Bond on December, I guess they meant the start of the month, as Dec 1 was for the trailer, and Dec 2 is for certain casts promoting it.

I guess the marketing was held off in order to give KNIVES OUT room to breathe in the build up to its opening weekend. So once word of mouth is strong by Sunday that’s when they push Bond to take advantage of Craig being on the limelight of a current and upcoming film.
    Lacy Redway, hair stylist: "Day one DOWN!!!!! We are 007 ready!! Press day today with @lashanalynch for #NoTimeToDie"

• edited December 2019 Posts: 3,164
    From the MI6-HQ guys - maintaining that it is a fresh version of the August teaser
    ertert wrote: »
    Re: the brief shot of Safin, I am going to guess that:
    The undamaged white mask he appears to be wearing in the teaser vs. the set photos from the lake where the corner of the mask is missing means that he sustains a facial injury in that scene and will be disfigured. We've seen posts presumably showing off the amazing work of the prosthetics team for this film.

Also, in those photos, Rami's stunt double appears to have scars or burns on his face and does not seem to in real life.

Damn there is so much to chew on here. Very excited for this film.

Yes I think your dead right. I thought it was Swan when I first saw it, but the outline that I thought was hair is obviously the fur on the jacket.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wonder if Safin is actually a Blofeld who bathed in the Lazarus Pit and rearranged his visage.

That would be rather good actually. Fleming liked a little flavour of that and it would give it a bit of a spooky twist.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Lacy Redway, hair stylist: "Day one DOWN!!!!! We are 007 ready!! Press day today with @lashanalynch for #NoTimeToDie"

Press day today? I thought it was tomorrow. I guess they’re doing prerecords to be shown with the trailer tomorrow..?

That would be rather good actually. Fleming liked a little flavour of that and it would give it a bit of a spooky twist.

Press day today? I thought it was tomorrow. I guess they’re doing prerecords to be shown with the trailer tomorrow..?

Just Lashana herself meeting press people
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Just Lashana herself meeting press people

She may not be alone though: Malek has an appearance on UK breakfast telly coming up on Thursday.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade

Brilliant, she does the Sesame Street/Muppet Show head movement.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    My daughter, who was born this year, her first name is Nomi. We came up with it before the news came out regarding Lynch. So now we have a tiny little Bond girl baby. Or should I say fierce Bond woman baby since it's 2019. Ha.

Good for you and that is a great name. Belated congratulations
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,318
    NicNac wrote: »
    My daughter, who was born this year, her first name is Nomi. We came up with it before the news came out regarding Lynch. So now we have a tiny little Bond girl baby. Or should I say fierce Bond woman baby since it's 2019. Ha.

Good for you and that is a great name. Belated congratulations

Thank you @NicNac :)
    Has anyone explained why the teaser was delayed from August?

Could it be because of positive buzz around Knives Out and wanting to coincide the teaser with its release?
    The NTTD announcement teaser hit 1M views on YouTube. Right now, it’s #29 on trending. Not bad for 14 seconds.
    Maybe I’m partial but I think the NTTD announcement teaser was more thrilling than the Black Widow trailer. We'll be able to compare apples to apples on Wednesday--can't wait.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Burgess wrote: »
    The NTTD announcement teaser hit 1M views on YouTube. Right now, it’s #29 on trending. Not bad for 14 seconds.
    Maybe I’m partial but I think the NTTD announcement teaser was more thrilling than the Black Widow trailer. We'll be able to compare apples to apples on Wednesday--can't wait.

There isn't any comparison for me. Both are different genre and black widow is Marvels film.
    zebrafish wrote: »

Brilliant, she does the Sesame Street/Muppet Show head movement.

Lynch is going to be a real marketing and promotion asset.

• From watching the Black Widow trailer, it would seem the circular set on Pinewood's aerial pictures is from that movie.