NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Just had to report two guys on YouTube because they basically said that I should die, and my parents probably wished they'd have had me aborted because I disagreed with their comments regarding the "WOKENESS" of this film. Been an interesting day...

I engage in YouTube comments from time to time but only with people who knows how to talk in civil manner. To be frank I have had long well written conversation with few people but majority of them are toxic, I agree.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    My daughter, who was born this year, her first name is Nomi. We came up with it before the news came out regarding Lynch. So now we have a tiny little Bond girl baby. Or should I say fierce Bond woman baby since it's 2019. Ha.
    Ana de Armas

source.gif

Seriously now, she reminded me of Pierce in TND with the Walther and the machine gun at the same time.

PS: @JeremyBondon, that's as cool as on can be. She's a Bond girl right from birth. Congrats.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    dragonsky wrote: »
    In that one photo where Craig is...in a club or whatever (the one from the thumbnail) his face seems to be showing his age for the first time in his movies.

He looks older and wrinkled.

I wonder how his Bond will be presented, will it be an older man who is rusty and can't keep up with the younglings or will everything be the same

Looks good to me!
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Univex wrote: »
    Ana de Armas

source.gif

Seriously now, she reminded me of Pierce in TND with the Walther and the machine gun at the same time.

PS: @JeremyBondon, that's as cool as on can be. She's a Bond girl right from birth. Congrats.

Thank you dear friend. I'm quite certain she'll grow up to be a Bond fan just like dad, or that's what I like to think... :D
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    In that one photo where Craig is...in a club or whatever (the one from the thumbnail) his face seems to be showing his age for the first time in his movies.

I wonder how his Bond will be presented, will it be an older man who is rusty and can't keep up with the younglings or will everything be the same

He is retired after all at the beginning. We don't know how much time has passed between the events of SP & NTTD.

And it's not "whatever," that shot is indeed from a club.

• edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I thought Craig looked better than he ever did. Age suits him. Hell, I now want him to do a sixth. Grey haired and all.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I must admit that he looks a bit older in the tux scene, but still nothing to be worried about.

:-?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,294
    JamesCraig wrote: »

He is retired after all at the beginning. We don't know how much time has passed between the events of SP & NTTD.

I thought he looked younger in that part of the teaser.

_________

:))
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    First of all @JeremyBondon congratulations mate

Secondly WOW what a Monday this is

Love the teaser, the score, the edits and the colour of it, looks fresh and yet familiar how Bond should.
    Got to say I love the bike jump it's just incredible, I feel like without knowing anything about this movie that's going to be a moment it's remembered for, like bungee jump from Goldeneye. The stunt itself and the angle it's shot from definitely gave me The Great Escape vibes.
    Loved the tuxedo scene, Daniel is just James Bond, simply put.
    Ana De Armas wielding duel guns is something I didn't realise I wanted in my life but now I need it, she is incredible can't wait to see her in this.
    As for Safin at the end, honestly I thought it was Madeline on first watch, because of her really pale skin tone and the lips but then when you watch again it's clear it's the guy with the mask, you can tell by the eye hole/slits? in the mask and the coat he looks to have on. It'll be interesting to see where that's placed in the movie

I'm undecided to watch more on Wednesday or not, because I felt the Spectre trailer gave too much away, the Denbigh / M fight, Madeline being captured in Austria. But with all that being said we've waited so long it would be hard not to right.
    I do hope we get some small dialogue from Bond or Felix in the trailer
    Not a lot to glean from a 15 second teaser for a teaser. Not sure what the point of a teaser for a teaser is? What are MGM hoping to achieve with this? Why not just drop the actual bloody teaser in its entirety? Other than that, I love the mini-guns in the headlights. That's really the only thing that has stayed with me after watching it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Univex wrote: »
    I thought Craig looked better than he ever did. Age suits him. Hell, I now want him to do a sixth. Grey haired and all.

Yes I think he’s far from looking too old just yet. I know they say quit while you’re ahead, but I’m used to Bond being in his fifties!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,869
    For those you won't watch Wednesday's trailer, probably best if you avoid this page from then onwards, and I think those of us who are watching it should keep the trailer discussion to this page as well.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Not a lot to glean from a 15 second teaser for a teaser. Not sure what the point of a teaser for a teaser is? What are MGM hoping to achieve with this? Why not just drop the actual bloody teaser in its entirety? Other than that, I love the mini-guns in the headlights. That's really the only thing that has stayed with me after watching it.

Announce the release date of the trailer in style, increase views on Wednesday (which you would get if more people know about the trailer landing then), and have something to show on TV - this peek debuted last night during Sunday Night Football on NBC.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    To promote the release of the trailer on Wednesday, we can expect character posters for tomorrow. ;)
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

From someone who dislikes gadgets in the Craig era i can't say i'm thrilled with the DB5 having (Bloody big!) machine guns.

But hey ho, as long as the film is good and a lot better than SP i'll be happy.

To promote the release of the trailer on Wednesday, we can expect character posters for tomorrow. ;)

I was just about to post about that haha
    Things kick off with a series of character posters will launch Tuesday morning U.S. time at 8am US-EST/5am US-PST, 1pm GMT and midnight in Australia. That will be followed by the arrival of the trailer itself at the same time on Wednesday morning.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/no-time-to-die-trailer-gets-teased/
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Oh my god! And now we get character posters on my actual birthday... (again sorry to keep mentioning it)

giphy.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    JamesCraig wrote: »

I thought he looked younger in that part of the teaser.
    Me too.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I don't see that at all.
    Fair point, but I still don't understand what difference it makes about increasing views only on a Wednesday @antovolk? Does it honestly matter whether people all watch it together or incrementally over the coming month? Surely, it's about getting a positive response that will tide a global audience over until they decide to release the proper full trailer? Releasing a 15-second excerpt of a short teaser wasn't necessary in my view. Would've preferred a countdown clock to let us know we could see everything in its entirety. I guess that's modern marketing for you. Still not sure it actually works in a positive way as it tends to frustrate rather than titillate.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Because, unlike us, not everyone has been waiting for a trailer. Releasing it cold likely wouldn't have the same reward as teasing people that it's coming two days beforehand, and then hitting them with it and giving them more to talk about in the lead up to Christmas. There will be a few more people watching Craig, Malek and De Armas on GMA on Wednesday because of this tease. They'll hear them talking about the film in a positive way, and then they'll see the trailer to seal the deal.

Make no mistake, Wednesday is a big day. This was a wise move.

Because, unlike us, not everyone has been waiting for a trailer. Releasing it cold likely wouldn't have the same reward as teasing people that it's coming two days beforehand, and then hitting them with it and giving them more to talk about in the lead up to Christmas. There will be a few more people watching Craig, Malek and De Armas on GMA on Wednesday because of this tease. They'll hear them talking about the film in a positive way, and then they'll see the trailer to seal the deal.

Make no mistake, Wednesday is a big day. This was a wise move.

Great post, CraigMoore.

^:)^
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    antovolk wrote: »
    Just a question (I haven't been following that part of the discussion), but are we expecting the trailer to be shown on GMA first and then posted on the Internet, or will they post simultaneously?

As far as I know, GMA hasn't said they have the exclusive trailer reveal, just that they'll have the cast & Fukunaga. So is 'trailer first online, then the GMA broadcast' also an option?

GMA debuts like Marvel etc, the studios always post these simultaneously with it airing during the show. For all we know trailer online, or on UK TV like Skyfall, first could be an option, leaving GMA to be the US broadcast debut and of course their big interviews with Craig and the cast.

Let's see how GMA promote this today and tomorrow. But in all honesty I'd imagine GMA will be the debut indeed, just the right time to capture both sides of the pond.

Here's a thought to file away for another day:

Universal's parent company is NBC. GMA airs on ABC, which is owned by Disney.

I can't fathom, then, why it is ABC (Disney) that is breaking this news about an NBC/Universal endeavor.

Is Disney positioning themselves to take on Bond after this?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    TripAces wrote: »
    Just a question (I haven't been following that part of the discussion), but are we expecting the trailer to be shown on GMA first and then posted on the Internet, or will they post simultaneously?

As far as I know, GMA hasn't said they have the exclusive trailer reveal, just that they'll have the cast & Fukunaga. So is 'trailer first online, then the GMA broadcast' also an option?

GMA debuts like Marvel etc, the studios always post these simultaneously with it airing during the show. For all we know trailer online, or on UK TV like Skyfall, first could be an option, leaving GMA to be the US broadcast debut and of course their big interviews with Craig and the cast.

Let's see how GMA promote this today and tomorrow. But in all honesty I'd imagine GMA will be the debut indeed, just the right time to capture both sides of the pond.

I can't fathom, then, why it is ABC (Disney) that is breaking this news about an NBC/Universal endeavor.

I very much doubt it. As far as I'm concerned EON are not looking to sell, and we're already aware of possible plans for Gregg to take over from his father.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Fair point, but I still don't understand what difference it makes about increasing views only on a Wednesday @antovolk? Does it honestly matter whether people all watch it together or incrementally over the coming month? Surely, it's about getting a positive response that will tide a global audience over until they decide to release the proper full trailer? Releasing a 15-second excerpt of a short teaser wasn't necessary in my view. Would've preferred a countdown clock to let us know we could see everything in its entirety. I guess that's modern marketing for you. Still not sure it actually works in a positive way as it tends to frustrate rather than titillate.

Given how much tallying goes on - by the press and rival studios - about who's got the most views in a 24-hour period, absolutely. Remember when Star Wars and Avengers always made headlines about having X hundred million views in the first day... If they can show that off to executives, and justify it by pointing to the advance announcement, you best believe they'll go for it.

As frustrating as it may be to us fans, there's always a reason for this stuff. Including cropping to portrait or square, the 5-second bumpers and so on...yes, there's stats that prove that it increases views, engagement, cost-effectiveness when being used as paid ads...
    TripAces wrote: »

Not necessarily, GMA and Disney-owned channels like ABC/ESPN don't just debut Disney content...it's just a case of MGM/UA paying up to promote NTTD on there. Disney just do it often as they can do it almost for free, corporate synergy at all. I'd imagine having the trailer announcement spot air on NBC Sunday Night Football last night was a similar thing.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    All I'm hoping for Wednesday is that the YouTube upload is of better quality. While the shots still look good, they're harder to appreciate it even more when you're not seeing it in its maximum quality.
    All I'm hoping for Wednesday is that the YouTube upload is of better quality. While the shots still look good, they're harder to appreciate it even more when you're not seeing it in its maximum quality.

Unfortunately that's a limitation of YouTube, here's hoping Apple Trailers picks up the slack...and I'm sure either myself or Marketto or others with press portal credentials will be able to share the full quality version (at the moment the trailer tease hasn't popped up on these)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Unfortunately that's a limitation of YouTube, here's hoping Apple Trailers picks up the slack...and I'm sure either myself or Marketto or others with press portal credentials will be able to share the full quality version (at the moment the trailer tease hasn't popped up on these)
    Ah thanks @antovolk, that would be much appreciated :D