NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Benny wrote: »
    Liking Craig's hair style for NTTD. The brief look afforded us today has only reinvigorated me for Wednesday's trailer.
    I don't know how anyone can judge a film from a 15 second trailer.

I'm just super excited. *eats pack of chips*

;) :)>- ;))
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Benny wrote: »
    Liking Craig's hair style for NTTD. The brief look afforded us today has only reinvigorated me for Wednesday's trailer.
    I don't know how anyone can judge a film from a 15 second trailer.

I for one not judging just enjoying as a fan what I got today :)
    Amazing ok is it April yet?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Looks lovely so far!

So Nomi has the Aston DBS by the looks of it... so who has the Valhalla? Does she get two Astons or does Bond have three? Maybe the villain gets one too- Astons all round! :)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,416
    The last shot remember me to Dr no when Bond and Honey Rider must take a shower behind a wall. But this time it look like on
    screaming
    of Ana chacter or Madeline, this are things that there should keep out of trailer.

Dr-No-452.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    M_Balje wrote: »
    The last shot remember me to Dr no when Bond and Honey Rider must take a shower behind a wall. But this time it look like on screaming of Ana chacter, this are things that there should keep out of trailer.

I don't understand a word of what you are saying, but I take that you think they are revealing too much.

Just how?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I looked at the video on youtube in 1080p and it is clear it is Malek, or at least the creepy guy from Norway. When you compare the photo to that shot in the end there is really no question.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    The new 007 is in a fancy car? So the new 007 is following the James Bond lifestyle? So she's basically a black female James Bond?
    I mean 009 was meant to get the DB10 in SP. It has always been standard that the cars have come through Q branch so it isn't hard to imagine that other 00's would have a nice car too. In GE Alec seems very familiar with Bond's gadgets and know what they do. If Lynch is indeed a 00 this shouldn't be an issue, in fact I would have an issue if she didn't have a fancy car.

I like the bit where 006 compared Bond’s Omega to his own and both watches were set to the exact same second.

Speaking of MI6 equipment, I like that a Walther PPK has both been standard issue for British Secret Service and used by only one man in the entire world that Zuckovsky knows :)
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    The last shot remember me to Dr no when Bond and Honey Rider must take a shower behind a wall. But this time it look like on screaming of Ana chacter, this are things that there should keep out of trailer.

I don't understand a word of what you are saying, but I take that you think they are revealing too much.

Just how?

No one ever understands one word he posts. Quite hilarious actually.
    Brilliant little teaser, that was. Loving the cinematography. Craig looks good, heck, he looks better than ever. Seems like Cary wanted to bring some style back into Bond.

These are going to be two very long days.
  • Satorious wrote: »
    3. The creepy ending shot which is presumably Malek (or at least I hope so). This is by far the most intriguing part - and I hope they don't reveal too much more than this!

I'm a little worried the trailer will reveal too much. I might try and come on here and see how spoiler-free it is before I watch. The Spectre trailer gave away quite a bit, I thought.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    If the guy in the mask does indeed turn out to be Malek, do we think that they could keep his actual look (under the mask) a secret until the film?
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    If the guy in the mask does indeed turn out to be Malek, do we think that they could keep his actual look (under the mask) a secret until the film?

I think the intention is to keep him a secret as part of this teaser for the trailer. Therefore, this video teases the reveal of Safin on Wednesday.

Remember, Malek is on GMA with Craig. He's a recent Oscar-winner and a social media darling. His name and face generates clicks. He'll be all over the trailer.

tenor.gif?itemid=13219013

I think there is a chance that Eon don't want to reveal him. But the marketing team at Universal/MGM will insist very loudly.

Hype is REAL right now. I'm v pumped. Great way to start a Monday.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,835
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think the intention is to keep him a secret as part of this teaser for the trailer. Therefore, this video teases the reveal of Safin on Wednesday.
    Yeah that makes sense. It would be a missed opportunity to not utilise him more in the marketing. I just thought that there's been so much secrecy around this film that I wouldn't be surprised if that continued going forward...

...also, the trailer is #13 trending on YouTube, let's share it as much as we can and get this little teaser the attention it deserves :)
    The Chinagraph London team has confirmed the tease today and the Wednesday trailer are their handiwork:

For those not aware, they've cut every Craig era trailer since Quantum.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    antovolk wrote: »
    The Chinagraph London team has confirmed the tease today and the Wednesday trailer are their handiwork:

For those not aware, they've cut every Craig era trailer since Quantum.
    Amazing! These guys know how to make a trailer :)

...and let's just say the delay for this trailer was worth the inclusion of the Matera bike shot as it has been regarded by a lot of people as the moneyshot so far. I wonder if we'll get any more moneyshots on Wednesday. But yeah so far it seems the motorbike shot and Ana de Armas are getting the most attention I believe :)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited December 2019 Posts: 524
    Just a question (I haven't been following that part of the discussion), but are we expecting the trailer to be shown on GMA first and then posted on the Internet, or will they post simultaneously?

As far as I know, GMA hasn't said they have the exclusive trailer reveal, just that they'll have the cast & Fukunaga. So is 'trailer first online, then the GMA broadcast' also an option?
    It's also on the Radio Times site :

[ul]https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2019-12-02/first-look-james-bond-no-time-to-die/[/url]

Not bad, but the picture definition made me miss a few things.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    Ok so is anyone else thinking that they are calling this the “teaser” because this is the teaser and Wednesday will be the theatrical? I mean they made this in to a tv spot last night for US football (I didn’t see it) and they would want more than a teaser to coincide with Star Wars in cinemas right? Either way it is the most exciting time to be a bond fan, cannot wait for Wednesday
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    skropper13 wrote: »
    Ok so is anyone else thinking that they are calling this the “teaser” because this is the teaser and Wednesday will be the theatrical? I mean they made this in to a tv spot last night for US football (I didn’t see it) and they would want more than a teaser to coincide with Star Wars in cinemas right? Either way it is the most exciting time to be a bond fan, cannot wait for Wednesday

Yeah, I can't see them releasing a teaser four months before release. I know other movies did in the past, but still it doesn't sound like something EON would do. When would they release the first trailer? Two months before the movie's premiere? It's usually the kind of thing that's done for movies with low expectations.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Guys I made some GIFs, including the Nomi shot @Pierce2Daniel :)

ezgif-5-5df1e6098f5d.gif
    ezgif-5-fce731f3600f.gif
    ezgif-5-b4559a361f5b.gif
    ezgif-5-fb0011b7f36d.gif
    ezgif-5-6e0b5026f044.gif
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Thanks @Denbigh I made those in the last page but those url is Missing now /:)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thanks @Denbigh I made those in the last page but those url is Missing now /:)
    No worries and ugh that's annoying :(
    Just a question (I haven't been following that part of the discussion), but are we expecting the trailer to be shown on GMA first and then posted on the Internet, or will they post simultaneously?

As far as I know, GMA hasn't said they have the exclusive trailer reveal, just that they'll have the cast & Fukunaga. So is 'trailer first online, then the GMA broadcast' also an option?

GMA debuts like Marvel etc, the studios always post these simultaneously with it airing during the show. For all we know trailer online, or on UK TV like Skyfall, first could be an option, leaving GMA to be the US broadcast debut and of course their big interviews with Craig and the cast.

Let's see how GMA promote this today and tomorrow. But in all honesty I'd imagine GMA will be the debut indeed, just the right time to capture both sides of the pond.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just had to report two guys on YouTube because they basically said that I should die, and my parents probably wished they'd have had me aborted because I disagreed with their comments regarding the "WOKENESS" of this film. Been an interesting day...
    Just had to report two guys on YouTube because they basically said that I should die, and my parents probably wished they'd have had me aborted because I disagreed with their comments regarding the "WOKENESS" of this film. Been an interesting day...

Would you say you're having a "schizophrenic" day? ;) Kidding, dear friend, kidding.

Just stay of youtube's comments section, it's as acidic and venomous as they get. It's not worth it, specially if it's your birthday this week. Just stay here amongst friends and you'll be just fine.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    That's some people for you. Speaks to them as individuals than you personally. Probably too scared to get their masculinity tested.
    I never knew how much i wanted to see Ana De Armas firing two guns at once before.......................

Also, this image is a gif waiting to happen

gssGCv3.jpg

This week is long overdue. Bring me that trailer!
    For all the criticism she's garnered, this shot of Lashana Lynch get's me super excited!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thanks guys, and yes to be honest this is probably the first time I've seen a trailer where every single character in it looks like a complete badass :D
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    That's some people for you. Speaks to them as individuals than you personally. Probably too scared to get their masculinity tested.
    I never knew how much i wanted to see Ana De Armas firing two guns at once before.......................

Also, this image is a gif waiting to happen

gssGCv3.jpg

This week is long overdue. Bring me that trailer!
    For all the criticism she's garnered, this shot of Lashana Lynch get's me super excited!

Agreed. I am convinced she is going to be a very intriguing and super cool character.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    This film has an insane amount of potential :)
    In that one photo where Craig is...in a club or whatever (the one from the thumbnail) his face seems to be showing his age for the first time in his movies.

He looks older and wrinkled.

I wonder how his Bond will be presented, will it be an older man who is rusty and can't keep up with the younglings or will everything be the same